Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,315 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Superfin wrote: »
    Where did you hear the 6pm time?

The PSN is updated every week by teatime. Sometimes Thurs, sometimes Wed but always by teatime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

DemoniK wrote: »
    Still no sign :(
    Probably have to wait until the store updates later...

When is it updated usually?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Superfin wrote: »
    Where did you hear the 6pm time?

Im not 100% on that but I think thats when the ps store updates so all new dlc should be on then....hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Hurry up already .

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭colsku

I am having tea now Noodles and it's still not available...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭Polar101

Still not there at 6:25pm.. that's a bit disappointing since I'm on holidays (and thanks to Dublin Airport I'm not actually going anywhere). Oh well, I can wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭cc-offe

Available now from EU store!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

At long last , I have been waiting for this all day.

134kb ... Took a whole 3 secs to download & 2 secs to install :)

Knew the last DLC was this included and only needed to be activated .

Now where's me flame thrower ;)

How the hell are some players ranked 46 already in Vietnam ?

Edit; my rank has just come through .

Love the Huey Heli and gunning from it , really having a Nam moment .

Also noticed it doesn't say "epic fail " but "fubar" when you mess up :)

• Advertisement

my experience points dont seem to be recording i have not even reached private 1 yet ???

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    my experience points dont seem to be recording i have not even reached private 1 yet ???

This.

Its like I am starting from scratch after every game.

noodler wrote: »
    This.

Its like I am starting from scratch after every game.

Same problem here.. I read it should fix itself after a couple of rounds, but it hasn't in 3 hours.

Whats happening to me is this - say I get 1500 points in a round.

When it goes to the summary page at the end of the round I seem to start at -1500 and the points added on every time just total to zero. So I'm gaining no experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭colsku

Stop your whinging about points and tell the world how superb it is!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Points don't count if you don't play on ranked servers....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I had to work til 11 tonight and when i got home my sister was hogging the usb modem for two hours so i didnt get to try it til nealry 2 in the morning:mad:. I only got to play for an hour as i was being put in a lot of games where there were small numbers. I did get a couple of good games though.

So far i'm happy enough with it anyway. I'll need another few hours before i can give a solid verdict though.

colsku wrote: »
    Stop your whinging about points and tell the world how superb it is!

It really is superb .

I'm a big Nam movie fan so this is just like living a movie .

Didn't think I would like the music playing in the Tanks etc but it's quite fun shelling and killing to background music :)

I also hopped into a Heuy and flew over some rice fields gunning away ...Classic Vietnam moment right there.

Just like my original €45 purchase this €12.99 expansion is a steal .
    IMO DICE have it spot on and 10/10 for a beautiful fulfilling game this is .

M

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭positron

I got this last night and had a couple of games - great maps, great games - but I am really missing the scope / red dot etc, and spraying AK-47 at the general direction of the enemy is just hit and miss really.

Only played four games last night but I'd say its alright.

Probly only got to play on two of the maps but they were both extremely samey.

Anyway, only first impressions.

• Advertisement

I'm not too happy with the expansion so far. The maps are pretty uninteresting and they are almost empty.. only a few vehicles per map and nothing else. I think this would've needed a bit more content to be good.

I loved Battlefield Vietnam so this is pretty disappointing (especially since BF 1943 was a good remake). And what's with the lack of radios in jeeps?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

positron wrote: »
    I got this last night and had a couple of games - great maps, great games - but I am really missing the scope / red dot etc, and spraying AK-47 at the general direction of the enemy is just hit and miss really.

No offence mate but you must be a pretty bad aim the accuracy on the AK is really good, I got the gold star for it after about 10 games which wasn't bad seems how I was just getting used to the new levels aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭positron

May be I am, I am not offended because I don't care - it's a game after all..! Got a few stars today, but it hasn't changed my over all opinion though - while the maps and music are brilliant, I am missing the feel and sound of the modern ammo.. I know that's the whole point of Vietnam, still..!

No offence mate but you must be a pretty bad aim the accuracy on the AK is really good, I got the gold star for it after about 10 games which wasn't bad seems how I was just getting used to the new levels aswell.

I agree, if you need a red dot for every gun in an FPS then forget about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

13 euro for Vietnam is an absolute bargain. Very entertaining so far anyway and it's great to have got that large download a week or so ago out of the way. Such a short download!

noodler wrote: »
    I agree, if you need a red dot for every gun in an FPS then forget about it!

***cough Bluetak ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

I think the maps are brilliantly made! I was playing conquest last night and loved how B is on top of a hill on a few maps which means whichever team has that position has control of the game, but good squad work can take it back!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I just posted this in the Battlefield forum then spotted this thread.

Hi guy's

I started playing Battlefield 2 last night online (PS3) and i suck big donkey balls. So bad infact that i kept getting kicked from games all night. This is mostly down to the fact that i didn't have a clue what i was doing.
    I'm hoping someone can give me a few hints on tactics and basic gameplay or if you wouldn't mind a complete muppet on your team,to add me to your friends list Weiland79.
    I am not new to online games and am fairly handy at COD but that is clearly a different type of game altogether.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,530 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

weiland79 wrote: »
    I just posted this in the Battlefield forum then spotted this thread.

Hi guy's

I started playing Battlefield 2 last night online (PS3) and i suck big donkey balls. So bad infact that i kept getting kicked from games all night. This is mostly down to the fact that i didn't have a clue what i was doing.
    I'm hoping someone can give me a few hints on tactics and basic gameplay or if you wouldn't mind a complete muppet on your team,to add me to your friends list Weiland79.
    I am not new to online games and am fairly handy at COD but that is clearly a different type of game altogether.

Thanks in advance.

If you're in a squad, stay close enough to them, so if you're out of ammo or health one of them might help out. Press select on teammates (I think its select) to shout for ammo (if your squadmate is assault) or health (if hes a medic) and they'll hear you and should attend to your needs.

Don't try and be hero. If you run in all guns blazing you probably will get killed, its not like COD where you can run into an enemy area like a headless chicken and come out on top once you've the right gun etc. Stick with groups of players so you've strength in numbers.

Patience is a virtue, consider the fact that most of your opposition are tactical players either trying to defend a base/attack a base or conquer a flag, so simply running in a straight line to the objective will probably have you taken out. Scout your way into your target zone and keep in buildings or in cover and take your time; get into a building, scout your next short run and then go for it, don't try marathon like runs from one end of the map to the other.

Don't try and get vengeance on a sniper who's picked you off from 300 yards away, they're usually waiting for you to come back or have moved to prepare for you. The amount of times I've been killed trying to get payback on these guys. Also on sniper heavy levels (Isla Innocentes etc) the opposition are usually sniper heavy and well covered so stay in cover yourself.

In Rush mode, attack in groups and defend from smart positions. Standing next to your defensive target will probably end up in you getting killed by a grenade, so stay in close proximity where you have a good vantage point on incoming enemies.

In Conquest mode, move in teams as well because as soon as you start taking a flag (a bit like Domination in COD) the enemy becomes aware of it and if you're on your own it takes a lifetime for you to take the flag whereas in a group of four or five it only takes a few seconds, so whilst you may think you're smart running behind the opposition team on your own to take a flag, it will take ages to capture it and then you'll find yourself sandwiched.

Tanks are great and even better if you have someone with you to man the turret, or even you man the turret.

If you're driving the helicopter, you're mainly a transport guy so if you've four guys gunning from your chopper don't drop out as you'll probably kill all of them if they've no driver :)

The UAV is only really useful in about 10% of users hands. Its missile isn't that powerful (takes two shots to down a tank) and whilst its gun can be deadly, you'll usually get shot down pretty quick. It's best use squadwise is to target enemies and press select which brings them up on enemy radar, hence its called a UAV and not a chopper (although a lot of battlefiend users would argue otherwise) If you do use it and you're shot down, rejoin battle, there's nothing worse than fighting against the opposition and losing when one of your team is sitting around near the UAV chopper waiting for a new one and literally doing nothing else.

Hope this helps :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Now thats a great answer! Thanks for taking the time.

Advertisement