Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

weiland79 wrote: »
    Now thats a great answer! Thanks for taking the time.

No probs. Also just take time to find your niche (as in which class suits you)

Mine was as an engineer as I loved the rocket launcher for destroying tanks and choppers or sometimes mines, so I had to find the best gun to suit as well.

Also don't stick with stationary turret guns very long as you're usually a sitting duck for snipers. Get a few kills and move on, otherwise you'll be an easy target.

Finally, if you join a squad and its useless, ie a squad of you and one other guy who either camps or sticks around at your base waiting on a UAV, leave the squad and try and find another in the main menu.

No probs for the tips, they're just the first that came to mind. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Had my first proper go of Vietnam last night and i ended up playing till about 3am. Love the new weapons and the maps. There seems to be a lot more action going on in conquest on these maps, even though the games i was in weren't full. Felt like proper battles.

Well worth the 12 quid.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/30/bfbc2-vietnams-operation-hastings-unlocked-on-pc/

An update on how far along the unlock is coming for the next map.

PC games have unlocked it but us PS3ers are lagging behind with only 30 million of the 69 million squad actions needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

weiland79 wrote: »
    I just posted this in the Battlefield forum then spotted this thread.

Hi guy's

I started playing Battlefield 2 last night online (PS3) and i suck big donkey balls. So bad infact that i kept getting kicked from games all night. This is mostly down to the fact that i didn't have a clue what i was doing.
    I'm hoping someone can give me a few hints on tactics and basic gameplay or if you wouldn't mind a complete muppet on your team,to add me to your friends list Weiland79.
    I am not new to online games and am fairly handy at COD but that is clearly a different type of game altogether.

Thanks in advance.

Another important aspect of rush is remaining alive if all your other squad members are dead. This allows them to respawn on you and not have to run a large distance to the objective. Allowing faster attacks and counterattacks.

You can add me if you want. PSN jebuslives.
    I'd play Battlefield more often if more of my friends were on playing it.

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Another important aspect of rush is remaining alive if all your other squad members are dead. This allows them respawn on you and not have to run a large distance to the objective.

Yeah thats a great tip, probably one of the most important. Nothing worse than a whole squad having to traverse the entire map. If you're the last one alive in a squad near the objective (especially attacking) camp somewhere til people spawn off you.

Great tip Air-Aussie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Another important aspect of rush is remaining alive if all your other squad members are dead. This allows them to respawn on you and not have to run a large distance to the objective. Allowing faster attacks and counterattacks.

Yeah thats a great tip, probably one of the most important. Nothing worse than a whole squad having to traverse the entire map. If you're the last one alive in a squad near the objective (especially attacking) camp somewhere til people spawn off you.

Great tip Air-Aussie

+2

Keep an eye on your squad status and if your last man standing chill and let others spawn on you.

Another tip is FLANK !
    Maps are vast and using the edges usually gets you high up .
    Also get your recon to the back of the map (behind enemy) if possible ( especially in Rush) sniping , tagging , mortars from the rear is really effective , especially tagging Helis or vehicles when attacking .
    This then gives engineers a great opportunity to lock onto helis before they get a chance to have an impact ... But in saying all this you need to remind any Recon in your squad that they are "recon" not Snipers.
    At least one squad member should be using a laser tagger , they have no bullet drop so enemy vehicles can be tagged from across the map (eg) scope ,aim, switch to laser tag,shoot , sorted !

Enjoy .

M.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Ullrich

mixednuts wrote: »
    +2

Keep an eye on your squad status and if your last man standing chill and let others spawn on you.

Another tip is FLANK !
    Maps are vast and using the edges usually gets you high up .
    Also get your recon to the back of the map (behind enemy) if possible ( especially in Rush) sniping , tagging , mortars from the rear is really effective , especially tagging Helis or vehicles when attacking .
    This then gives engineers a great opportunity to lock onto helis before they get a chance to have an impact ... But in saying all this you need to remind any Recon in your squad that they are "recon" not Snipers.
    At least one squad member should be using a laser tagger , they have no bullet drop so enemy vehicles can be tagged from across the map (eg) scope ,aim, switch to laser tag,shoot , sorted !

Enjoy .

M.

Thanks a lot really helped me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Is this working for everyone else? I can't get into a game of Vietnam or vanilla multiplayer. It searches for games and joining game comes up, but then its says connection problem. this has been happening since last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Does everybody like the Vietnam expansion anyway? Haven't too much money at the moment, but id love to get this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Haven't played much of Vietnam but I've loved every minute of what i have played.

Definitely worth the money imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

tok9 wrote: »
    Haven't played much of Vietnam but I've loved every minute of what i have played.

Definitely worth the money imo

Ok, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

I love vietnam and the maps but after playing for 3 hours last night, none of my stats saved so it was just a waste of time. Anyone else having this problem? I would of thought after 2 weeks it would be fixed but still no joy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

same thing happened me last night, 2 or 3 hours into playing rush, game exited and all my stats reset.
    When i turned ps3 off & on id lost all stats since id started playing last night. very annoyed as id unlocked 4 guns and gone up a level. turned it off in disgust, must check if it has returned to where it was later

same thing happened me last night, 2 or 3 hours into playing rush, game exited and all my stats reset.
    When i turned ps3 off & on id lost all stats since id started playing last night. very annoyed as id unlocked 4 guns and gone up a level. turned it off in disgust, must check if it has returned to where it was later

Thats been happening for a while now.

When im in the menu i make sure my stats show up in the stats section before i start. If they don't log out through the XMB and log in and try again.

Sometimes though you will need to finish the first game with no weapons but at the end you get the points and guns return for the second game. If they don't appear after the first game quit out(and start the process again).

I found that if i went into a game with my stats showing in the menu as ''L1'' that they rarely returned after the first game, whereas if i logged in and out till they appeared, 90% of the time i'd have them back either from the start or by the second round.

It seems to be happening between 5-10pm(ish), doesn't seem to be any problems late at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

Apparently the stats are registering at their end but they having trouble relaying them back to us. This makes sense because because I've unlocked gold stars for guns that my stats say I only have 24 kills. Happy days:D

PS3 Servers were pretty shoite yesterday ..stats missing most of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

is there 2 player split screen on this for ps3?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

dreamers75 wrote: »
    is there 2 player split screen on this for ps3?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

I have bfbc2 i want to buy expansion pack but my main account i use to play bfbc2 blocked and cant buy it for that account. I was wondering if i buy it on my second account would it work would i be able to get expansion pack vip maps not normal bfbc 2 vip maps thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

Can you still get a demo of this on PSN?

tiny timy wrote: »
    Can you still get a demo of this on PSN?

Buy it you wont be let down .

Grando mixednuts, i'll take your word for it. Was supposed to get it way back but things happen and it's the last thing on your mind. Really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭LeoGilly

Is having problems logging into multiplayer? Won't connect to it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭Polar101

LeoGilly wrote: »
    Is having problems logging into multiplayer? Won't connect to it for me.

From http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/ :

"On Tuesday the 25th of January we are going to do a bit of maintenance work on the Xbox 360, Playstation 3 during these hours:

2:00 am PDT - 5:00 am PDT
    5:00 am EST - 8:00 am EST
    10:00 GMT - 13:00 GMT
    11:00 CET - 14:00 CET"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Hmmm, tried playing some MP today but it couldn't find any games...

Same here ! Weird

I'm playing now it's working fine.

EDiT: Vietnam's not working. Original MP is going ok though.

EdIT 2: Now neither of them are working. Great.

You should have just tried logging out and in of PSN, i had to do this 2/3 times to get it back, has happened twice over the weekend.

Takes an age to level up in this.

I played the game for 50 odd hours before trading it in after 3/4 mths, but got it again before xmas and have been at it solid every since and I've only went up around 4 levels.
    I'm still only 30 and I've put well over 70 hours into it i reckon if not even 80.

Concentrating less on playing well and trying to Gold out all the weapons so I started to do more sniping and engineer games.
    Serious amount of kills needed to Gold them all, and some like the Shotgun are hard to use, I generally just try equip that in Rush if we get into their base.

• Advertisement

Got this game Friday, went to play it and got landed with a massive 2GB download that needed to happen first before i could play the game. MASSIVE! That's some updating, HAHA

Advertisement