Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

RAIN wrote: »
    Sexy!!!!

Dice = legends

Can DICE get any better ?? ... Swear this game is probably the be €45 I have ever spent ...talk about value for money.

Keep it up DICE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

For me. This and Fallout New Vegas are the games of the year. Even the reworked old maps were awesome if you ask me. Great fan service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

positron wrote: »
    Good news everyone..!! :D

Thanks for thats Farnsworth!!!

That is epic that its actually free!! Brilliant!! defo great value for €45!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Polar101

2 BC1 maps and two from the BC2 single player campaign.. sounds good to me. About time they added some 'new' maps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

This is brilliant. But given how long we've been wating for Vietnam since it was announced i have to wonder how long we'll be waiting for these maps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

This is brilliant. But given how long we've been wating for Vietnam since it was announced i have to wonder how long we'll be waiting for these maps.

You usually hear about these maps a few days before they come out. I'd expect it to hit in the next 14 days. I could be wrong but if the pasts anything to go by. I'd say this is to drum up interest for Vietnam and also let people know that BC2 is there and given stuff out free.

Amazing value, given that MW2's Map Packs were 15 quid a pop!!

Can't wait to dive into it again after a months break.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,530 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I was convinced they were going to release these maps or even Vietnam on the day of Black Ops release as if I remember correctly they released free map packs before when MW2 released their €15 maps.

Either way, 4 new maps is great and Vietnam in the works is another 4 so they're DOUBLING the amount of multiplayer maps before Christmas, a great move and a great way to support the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

only picked up the ultimate edition last week for €35 so this is another great addition for free!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

For anyone who might be interested.
    Here is the Vietnam trophy list:cool:

http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/trophy-news/47355-battlefield-bad-company-2-vietnam-trophy-list.html

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

theShawzer wrote: »
    For anyone who might be interested.
    Here is the Vietnam trophy list:cool:

http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/trophy-news/47355-battlefield-bad-company-2-vietnam-trophy-list.html

piece of cake, nothing can beat the hardest demolition 2.0 trophy. It took my many hours to get that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

twinsen wrote: »
    piece of cake, nothing can beat the hardest demolition 2.0 trophy. It took my many hours to get that

Ya thank god. It took me long enough to get that trophy as well. Then the other DLC took ages because the servers were so pants. Should be pretty easy to keep my 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭positron

Still no ETA on the new / reworked maps for BC2!

I am starting to think DICE was just trying to steal the thunder / trying to save people going off to buy new COD Black Ops, and not actually planning to release anything for many months. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,530 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Still no ETA on the new / reworked maps for BC2!

I am starting to think DICE was just trying to steal the thunder / trying to save people going off to buy new COD Black Ops, and not actually planning to release anything for many months. :(

I agree, not releasing some tighter release date than "end 2010" was a terrible decision. They should have had SOMETHING, either the Vietnam or Map Pack 7 ready to go on COD launch day or the day before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

I agree, not releasing some tighter release date than "end 2010" was a terrible decision. They should have had SOMETHING, either the Vietnam or Map Pack 7 ready to go on COD launch day or the day before.

Rumour has it the maps are coming out on the 1st of dec and vietnam 3 weeks later.(thats what dice posted on twitter and took it down shortly after)

Its still a bomus wwe didn't have a few weeks ago, patience is a vertue my fellow gamers.

Can't wait for both myself.

There is a 1.8 gig update for this waiting for ye, the next time ye go on for a game.

Yeah, 1.8 gig downloading - WTF are they sending out as a patch for it to be this big? I am thinking these are the new BC1 maps being downloaded, which they might unlock on Dec 1st or whenever.

Yeah, 1.8 gig downloading - WTF are they sending out as a patch for it to be this big? I am thinking these are the new BC1 maps being downloaded, which they might unlock on Dec 1st or whenever.

ya, that has to be it mate, can't be more than 20meg or so to change a few bits of code and even out the playing field.
    hopefully we will get a release date for vip map pack 7 on friday

dammit, with this and gt5 i may have to upgrade my drive

I hate DICE for releasing such huge patches!!

With my third-world spec broadband (thanks to eircom), it takes like 2 hours to do this, and on the first attempt PS3's power-save feature turned itself off after downloading more than a gig. I think it worked on the second attempt (removed power-save feature and left it on all night), ,fingers crossed..!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

I hate DICE for releasing such huge patches!!

With my third-world spec broadband (thanks to eircom), it takes like 2 hours to do this, and on the first attempt PS3's power-save feature turned itself off after downloading more than a gig. I think it worked on the second attempt (removed power-save feature and left it on all night), ,fingers crossed..!
    I hope you have a good download limit on your eircom broadband you have to becareful not to go over it now:eek: which suck and not even by a little any date on the new maps .

• Advertisement

Preview of the maps now when you go to the store in game so hopefully that's them downloaded ready to be activated next month

rob808 wrote: »
    I hope you have a good download limit on your eircom broadband you have to becareful not to go over it now:eek: which suck and not even by a little any date on the new maps .

Well I am with Vodafone with 30 mb limit so should be okay with limit. Speeds and connection stability is diabolical though as eircom has wired the estate to an exchange 4 km away while there are at least three other new exchanges within 2 km radius.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Polar101

With my third-world spec broadband (thanks to eircom), it takes like 2 hours to do this

Took me 1h 55 minutes with my "fastest in Ireland" UPC broadband too. :(

Must be the biggest patch I've downloaded on my PS3, I hope it includes Vietnam too.

took me less than 20 at lunch time today and that included installing (UPC 15mb)

^^^ show off, their fancy faster interwebs and big bandwidth and everything.. you cause global warming, did you know, poor polar bears are drowning because of your fast internet..!

sorry, jealousy does that to me... would love to have UPC come to our area, I would positively do door-to-door sales for them for free if they want me to..!

^^^ show off, their fancy faster interwebs and big bandwidth and everything.. you cause global warming, did you know, poor polar bears are drowning because of your fast internet..!

sorry, jealousy does that to me... would love to have UPC come to our area, I would positively do door-to-door sales for them for free if they want me to..!

and there was me thinking UPC stood for Unified Polar Carers

Anyone else having this issue ?....

After a game the next round/map fails to load .
    The screen gets stuck at the black screen with the loading circle spinning .
    I can hear the other players talk , can't hear the new map loading but can hear background shooting etc from the new game just starting .

Weird thing is it only happens when the round is changing maps.
    If say we have just attacked and now it's time to defend , well if it's on the same map then it will load no bother .But if the map is changing I get stuck at this black screen with loading circle ???

Very frustrating when your in a great squad cause the only way to resolve is eject the disk and leave the game :(

I haven't had that particular issue - but I constantly get the wrong result 'your team won / lost' when it's the other way around. There's some lag and other issues reported everywhere since the new mammoth patch release, which should go away in a few days according to DICE.

PS: If you want to get back to the same game/squad, you could may be find others you were playing with the 'recently met' list and add them as a friend and then join a game where they are playing.. I know it's long winded but if you are desperate...!

mixednuts wrote: »
    Anyone else having this issue ?....

After a game the next round/map fails to load .
    The screen gets stuck at the black screen with the loading circle spinning.........

happened me once yesterday. Had to hold power button to reset. Hopefully it won't be a regular occurrence

• Advertisement

I haven't had that particular issue - but I constantly get the wrong result 'your team won / lost' when it's the other way around. There's some lag and other issues reported everywhere since the new mammoth patch release, which should go away in a few days according to DICE.

PS: If you want to get back to the same game/squad, you could may be find others you were playing with the 'recently met' list and add them as a friend and then join a game where they are playing.. I know it's long winded but if you are desperate...!

Ta

See i have been having this issue before the recent update :(
    I have cleaned and cleaned the disk thinking it's smudged on a particular region for loading new maps , but with no success .
    If it's specific to me then I'm afraid I have a bad disk segment .

Advertisement