Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭positron

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 doajob

positron wrote: »

Been playing all morning and still no sign of the new maps...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Maps are there - I played Harvest map around 2 pm today. Just select the specific map you want from the JOIN menu.

I've never played BC1, Heavy Metal and the other map, Harvest Way (?) are both way too big for 24 players, you need at least 48 in there! Oasis is brilliant and compact - much like the original BC2 maps. Getting slaughtered at the moment, and couple of really loooooong distance marksman hits with M95 too..! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Dowdy20

Well lads,

i'm getting a new ps3 for xmas and was thinking of getting this game. played BC2 online alot few months back but is the online play still good on it?

not worried about single player at all just the online? still worth buying??

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

Definitely with Vietnam just around the corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I've never played BC1, Heavy Metal and the other map, Harvest Way (?) are both way too big for 24 players, you need at least 48 in there! Oasis is brilliant and compact - much like the original BC2 maps. Getting slaughtered at the moment, and couple of really loooooong distance marksman hits with M95 too..! :D

I liked the two big maps. The vehicles are more useful and a lot more fun to use given all the space available. Some of the old maps were too cramped for vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Its actualy impossible to switch back from MW2/Blops to BF2..

Really hard to change around!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,633 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Anyone else having issues today with actually playing in the maps?

I logged on last night and did the 1.05 update, opened the menu etc and saw the new maps but didn't play any.

Today I log on to play and in map selection I only have the original 5 map choices and none of any of the updated ones?

• Advertisement

Anyone else having issues today with actually playing in the maps?

I logged on last night and did the 1.05 update, opened the menu etc and saw the new maps but didn't play any.

Today I log on to play and in map selection I only have the original 5 map choices and none of any of the updated ones?

I was playing them grand last night but the issue you have now is what i'm experiencing now myslef.

The problem last night was that everyone picked the new maps and afterwards just quit once an old map came up. Maybe this is the attempt to curb that...

hypermuse wrote: »
    Its actualy impossible to switch back from MW2/Blops to BF2..

Really hard to change around!!

Yeah cos they are crap games and BFBC2 is superb!

:pac:

doajob wrote: »
    I was playing them grand last night but the issue you have now is what i'm experiencing now myslef.

The problem last night was that everyone picked the new maps and afterwards just quit once an old map came up. Maybe this is the attempt to curb that...

Well I just checked the official Bad Company 2 forums and it seems as if loads of people are having the same problem so at least its not just the two of us!

I played conquest and squad DM on Oasis and Harvest Day (I think) a good few times today, no issues connecting or selecting. However last few hours, I can't seem to select anything - game mode, maps - it just says undefined and throws me into a random game. But I don't think it's a bad thing - old maps were really empty last few days with everyone trying to get onto new maps. It's pain in the neck playing Squad DM with just a handful of people..!!

Fcuk all maps available to play :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

only have the option to play the original maps too myself

Apparently when Vietnam is released a further map will be released when 69 million team actions are performed!

http://www.vg247.com/2010/12/03/battlefield-bad-company-2-vietnam-getting-unlockable-operation-hastings-map/#more-132357

Apparently when Vietnam is released a further map will be released when 69 million team actions are performed!

http://www.vg247.com/2010/12/03/battlefield-bad-company-2-vietnam-getting-unlockable-operation-hastings-map/#more-132357

My €45 is getting some stretch :D

mixednuts wrote: »
    My €45 is getting some stretch :D

I think it only comes if you buy the new Vietnam pack though.

Still if you buy it, tis well worth €60 for all the support they've given it.

The new hidden map that gets unlocked on Vietnam after so many assists looks the dogs .

Can't wait to run someone over on a Tuk Tuk :)

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D4J0srD7H5HQ%26feature%3Dyoutu.be&feature=youtu.be&v=4J0srD7H5HQ&gl=IE

• Advertisement

HMV has the BC2 ultimate edition going for cheap money - approx 20 quid. Amazong value for money really.

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=466357

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭Polar101

I thought map pack 7 had four maps? I only see Harvest Day, Oasis and Heavy Metal.

Oasis Rush seems pretty fun, not too many buildings standing after a big battle at the bases.

Polar101 wrote: »
    I thought map pack 7 had four maps? I only see Harvest Day, Oasis and Heavy Metal.

Oasis Rush seems pretty fun, not too many buildings standing after a big battle at the bases.

Cold War is there as well, its at the end of the list of rush maps, after all the originals.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

Anyone else think DICE are pushing their lucking releasing Vietnam just 3 days before christmas? I would of thought that most people would be asking for new games and not psn cards to download dlc.

theShawzer wrote: »
    Anyone else think DICE are pushing their lucking releasing Vietnam just 3 days before christmas? I would of thought that most people would be asking for new games and not psn cards to download dlc.

True but it works the other way as well. People having more time off, will find more value in a product they'll play over Christmas than say over a regular working week.

Also, for those who don't like Black Ops and whatnot its something new on the market, so you'll have the natural purchases.

Yes, Cold War is the other map, and there was glitch on that map yesterday.

We were defending it in Squad DM mode, and because there was only one guy in the attacking team and he was hiding somewhere, someone in my team C4'ed mCom A. He nearly C4'd mCom B as well, but then the attacking team was populated and they started coming in waves. But the mCom B had disappeared - there was the B square on the map, but there was no mCom to blow up! It was just the case of killing the baffled attacking team one by one until they run out of tickets.

Yes, Cold War is the other map, and there was glitch on that map yesterday.

We were defending it in Squad DM mode, and because there was only one guy in the attacking team and he was hiding somewhere, someone in my team C4'ed mCom A. He nearly C4'd mCom B as well, but then the attacking team was populated and they started coming in waves. But the mCom B had disappeared - there was the B square on the map, but there was no mCom to blow up! It was just the case of killing the baffled attacking team one by one until they run out of tickets.

Nasty bit nice .

I also found a small glitch on Oasis .
    When defending run right up the centre of the map to the furthest point you can and you will see 3 rocks , crouch behind.
    If you have a scope on your gun you can see straight through the rock to on coming attackers /vehicles . Gives you an advantage of doing Recon without a chance of been seen .

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

I've had this game since launch and really enjoyed the sp campaign. For some reason however the Multiplayer wouldn't work for me at home. Having recently moved across the water though, I'm able to play it. Now I've played COD4 as my main shooter for years but I've cast it aside in favour of this. I love it!

Feel free to add me if you want (psn: somedose). I'm not too shabby and tend not to be a lone runner and gunner.

Also I was just wondering what people thought was the best recon class loadout?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

some_dose wrote: »
    I've had this game since launch and really enjoyed the sp campaign. For some reason however the Multiplayer wouldn't work for me at home. Having recently moved across the water though, I'm able to play it. Now I've played COD4 as my main shooter for years but I've cast it aside in favour of this. I love it!

Feel free to add me if you want (psn: somedose). I'm not too shabby and tend not to be a lone runner and gunner.

Also I was just wondering what people thought was the best recon class loadout?

I have reverted back to the M24 with magnum ammo, with the Mortar strike.c4 if there is a high tank count on the map)
    Hand gun, i find the M83r a fantastic little close quarters gun that has won every 50/50 close quarters dog fight with any other gun(bar a shotgun blast to the face)only started using the M83r yesterday btw, before this i religously used the M1911.

You can now use the G3 and M14 with scopes on any class(M14 with extra explosiveness as an engineer makes for easy killing of the tanks!;))

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Lately i've mainly used recon while playing defense in rush. I use a shotgun and just stay close to the objectives and use motion sensors around it which gets me loads of motion assists and pick off guys with the shotgun when they get to the objective.

I suck at sniping so this is my favourite way to play recon.

Advertisement