Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I was playing rush on Atacama and when i spawned on a squadmate who was on a roof of a building playing as a recon i turned around and noticed an enemy player also playing as a recon crouched just behind my squadmate.

Both of them both had their backs to each other and were so engulfed in their sniping they did'nt realize there was an enemy player right behind them.:D

I just had to laugh at that. (I also knifed the enmy player and took his dog tags;))

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

Managed to snipe two guys with one shot last night. One was standing behind the other. One headshot, and the other lad got it in the chest. Loved watching the bonus points come up. Two kills, two marksman bonus pts, and a double kill. Sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Anyone know if it's possible to kill players that are parachuting into the level when they spawn. I was playing as Recon in Rush at White Pass and i started shooting at the guys parachuting in. I got a hit on a couple but they did'nt die.

If it is possible to kill them when parachuting it would be a brilliant way of annoying an opposing player.:D

Dont be suck a dick!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Duckytech

Anyone know if it's possible to kill players that are parachuting into the level when they spawn. I was playing as Recon in Rush at White Pass and i started shooting at the guys parachuting in. I got a hit on a couple but they did'nt die.

If it is possible to kill them when parachuting it would be a brilliant way of annoying an opposing player.:D

Id say your the kind of player who just loves sitting over the opposing spawn area in his apache..

Duckytech wrote: »
    Id say your the kind of player who just loves sitting over the opposing spawn area in his apache..

A knob-end I believe is the word!

• Advertisement

Wow a bit touchy are we lads. Actually i don't normally bother hanging around spawn points or shooting at guys parachuting in. I did'nt know that was even possible to shoot a guy parachuting in til a couple of days ago. (Hence why i asked could they be killed)

Obviously the pair of ye must be pretty ****e at the game if your getting slaughtered in the spawn points constantly. :D

Wow a bit touchy are we lads. Actually i don't normally bother hanging around spawn points or shooting at guys parachuting in. I did'nt know that was even possible to shoot a guy parachuting in til a couple of days ago. (Hence why i asked could they be killed)

Obviously the pair of ye must be pretty ****e at the game if your getting slaughtered in the spawn points constantly. :D

Thats a very well educated assumption you got there bud!! I must be $hit at BF2 because I think people who spawn trap are knob-ends!!

I want being touchy but simply saying its a cheap way of getting kills.. at least give the opposition a chance to kill you.. Its not exactly a game otherwise is it??

To be fair, people that do it are just dicks who think they are great...

I've seen it dont before in squad rush to a ridicuouls level of perfection!! My team (all of them from one clan and myself) pushed up and totally surrounded the opposition spawn point. They enemy was literally spawning in the middle of a circle they had made.. One guy was assault class.. and the other 2 medics.. The assault guy just kept leaving down ammo while the other 2 just kept firing their huge clips into the circle..

Whats worse is that we were attacking.. So they had this premeditated so that the game would never end as the defenders would not loose tickets. The only way it would end is if they quit..

I thought it was so stupid and destroyed the 1st target (A) to stop their little retarded spawn camping which allowed the opposition to respawn at target B!

Its just such a dick thing to do.. sit at a camping spot and just shoot ppl as soon as they spawn.. its retarded!! Its not how the game is supposed to be played!!

play the objective!!!!

Obviously the pair of ye must be pretty *** Don Drysdale*e at the game if your getting slaughtered in the spawn points constantly. :D

It don't matter if I'm sh@te or not at the game. The point is that it's retarded of anyone to sit in a hedge or fly high in their apache shooting guys as they respawn. Ive seen many a "maverick" in their chopper (or sniper behind a spawn area)who constantly spawn camp. Ok, he may hit loads, but in fairness I dont know why they would think they are achieving anything. They contribute nothing to the game only adding to their already magnificent ego.

So in fairness, I would say that they (and their kind) are the ones who are sh@te at the game if they resort to this style of play.

hypermuse wrote: »
    Thats a very well educated assumption you got there bud!! I must be $hit at BF2 because I think people who spawn trap are knob-ends!!

I want being touchy but simply saying its a cheap way of getting kills.. at least give the opposition a chance to kill you.. Its not exactly a game otherwise is it??

To be fair, people that do it are just dicks who think they are great...

I've seen it dont before in squad rush to a ridicuouls level of perfection!! My team (all of them from one clan and myself) pushed up and totally surrounded the opposition spawn point. They enemy was literally spawning in the middle of a circle they had made.. One guy was assault class.. and the other 2 medics.. The assault guy just kept leaving down ammo while the other 2 just kept firing their huge clips into the circle..

Whats worse is that we were attacking.. So they had this premeditated so that the game would never end as the defenders would not loose tickets. The only way it would end is if they quit..

I thought it was so stupid and destroyed the 1st target (A) to stop their little retarded spawn camping which allowed the opposition to respawn at target B!

Its just such a dick thing to do.. sit at a camping spot and just shoot ppl as soon as they spawn.. its retarded!! Its not how the game is supposed to be played!!

play the objective!!!!

Thats all well and good but when you're pretty much implying i'm a dick and a knob-end and more or less accussing me of spawn camping when i never bother to do that anyway is why i think you're being touchy.

I DON'T do this when playing, mainly because i always play rush and conquest and doing that can cost the team when objectives are exposed. I didnt even know it was possible to hit a player parachuting in until a few days ago. (Which i did while playing as recon while sitting next to the objective i was defending.) My comment about it being a way to annoy players was a tongue in cheek comment.

Yet you and Duckytech have jumped down my throat with accusations and insults. If thats how you react to a mere question and light hearted comment than you've got issues "bud".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Fook sake lads get a life .

The lad asked could it be done and the reply was yes , which also included some counter measures if your been spawn camped .

Rush is about getting tickets down when defending .

I take another posters point about spawn camping when attacking .. That's just been a dick alright and I can't see the point/fun in that at all .

Aiming and killing someone in a parachute is no different that if they are running and gunning .

• Advertisement

mixednuts wrote: »
    Fook sake lads get a life .

The lad asked could it be done and the reply was yes , which also included some counter measures if your been spawn camped .

Rush is about getting tickets down when defending .

I take another posters point about spawn camping when attacking .. That's just been a dick alright and I can't see the point/fun in that at all .

Aiming and killing someone in a parachute is no different that if they are running and gunning .

''Aiming and killing someone in a parachute is no different that if they are running and gunning''

Er..no.

Pablomakaveli, no offence intended to you, just dislike camping. Especially spawn camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

''Aiming and killing someone in a parachute is no different that if they are running and gunning''

Er..no.

Pablomakaveli, no offence intended to you, just dislike camping. Especially spawn camping.

But I've been shot from across the other side of the map while parachuting so people don't just have to spawn camp do it

Thats all well and good but when you're pretty much implying i'm a dick and a knob-end and more or less accussing me of spawn camping when i never bother to do that anyway is why i think you're being touchy.

I DON'T do this when playing, mainly because i always play rush and conquest and doing that can cost the team when objectives are exposed. I didnt even know it was possible to hit a player parachuting in until a few days ago. (Which i did while playing as recon while sitting next to the objective i was defending.) My comment about it being a way to annoy players was a tongue in cheek comment.

Yet you and Duckytech have jumped down my throat with accusations and insults. If thats how you react to a mere question and light hearted comment than you've got issues "bud".

Never accused you of anything mate.. Infer what you want.. My comments were not supposed to be taken as super aggressive.. Perhaps a few smiley faces may have kept you in a better mood! :D:D:D

When you asked if it was possible.. I stated dont be a dick meaning that that is what people are who just want cheap kills and ruin a perfectly good game for the oppostion!! :(

dont know why my last comment got you so touchy considering I was just telling a story!! only 1st 2 lines were directed at you!! I've always been referring to the type of people who do this spawn trapping.. It impresses nobody but the person who is doing it!

Seriously??? do you really think that.. there is a huge difference in that!! Some1 who's parachuting in doesn't have the luxury of choosing where to run to.. or where to hide.. or what approach to use to take on the enemy.. all he can do is drop in where he's put!!
    theShawzer wrote: »
    But I've been shot from across the other side of the map while parachuting so people don't just have to spawn camp do it

This basically proves my point I think!! Shooting some1 as they are parachuting in from across the map....

Totally the same as shooting them when they are running and gunning!! You dont stand a hope if your parachuting in and some1 is sniping you from the other side of the map!!

I maintain.. you gotta be a real dick to target people as they parachute in!!

(and to clarify.. when I say "you" I'm not referring to pablomakaveli or any1 in particular)

Seriously??? do you really think that.. there is a huge difference in that!! Some1 who's parachuting in doesn't have the luxury of choosing where to run to.. or where to hide.. or what approach to use to take on the enemy.. all he can do is drop in where he's put!!

This basically proves my point I think!! Shooting some1 as they are parachuting in from across the map....

Totally the same as shooting them when they are running and gunning!! You dont stand a hope if your parachuting in and some1 is sniping you from the other side of the map!!

I maintain.. you gotta be a real dick to target people as they parachute in!!

(and to clarify.. when I say "you" I'm not referring to pablomakaveli or any1 in particular)

Ok thats fair enough. But the issue of parachuting players being shot is more an issue of bad game designs and thus the blame lies at Dice's door. I don't see why it was necessary to have the players parachute into some of the levels at all.

It's a bit like the witch build in MW2. It's annoying as hell but ultimately player were doing nothing wrong in using that build because infinity ward put it in.

Ok thats fair enough. But the issue of parachuting players being shot is more an issue of bad game designs and thus the blame lies at Dice's door. I don't see why it was necessary to have the players parachute into some of the levels at all.

It's a bit like the witch build in MW2. It's annoying as hell but ultimately player were doing nothing wrong in using that build because infinity ward put it in.

couldnt agree more..

I love the design they have whereby the map is out of bounds for the oppositions spawn point!!!

Parachuting in seems highly unnecessary!! I would imagine they added it in purely for the novelty of it.. coz otherwise its just bad game design as you said...

just because its there doesnt mean it has to be exploited!!

In MW2 that it damn annoying but at least you do have a chance to take those feckers out. Have nothing against that even if it is beyond ridiculous sometimes!!

couldnt agree more..

I love the design they have whereby the map is out of bounds for the oppositions spawn point!!!

Parachuting in seems highly unnecessary!! I would imagine they added it in purely for the novelty of it.. coz otherwise its just bad game design as you said...

just because its there doesnt mean it has to be exploited!!

In MW2 that it damn annoying but at least you do have a chance to take those feckers out. Have nothing against that even if it is beyond ridiculous sometimes!!

The boundaries in the game that DICE have introduced are spot on IMO.
    I'm sure the same debate about parachuting and been able to kill same came up with the developers .
    Yes parachuting is a bit gimmicky , but again fair game for a kill and reducing tickets when defending .
    Again if your been killed whilst parachuting by a camper just let off a RPG into the start of the bullet trail , and your guaranteed to put it to an end .

Please don't compare MW2 with camping in BFBC2.
    That game (MW2) is a camping sex fest :mad:

I am nearly sure (yet to prove) that DICE weaken the auto shield on a player that is camping or ain't moved in a certain period .
    This is especially true in hardcore as anyone i find crouched in a corner takes only 1 bullet to kill :) .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭positron

I use parachuting to spot enemies - usually in the night mode map (Nelson Bay?) by the time you land you can spot and warn your team about at least 3 enemy soldiers in the woods.

I am nearly sure (yet to prove) that DICE weaken the auto shield on a player that is camping or ain't moved in a certain period .
    This is especially true in hardcore as anyone i find crouched in a corner takes only 1 bullet to kill :) .

Well if this isnt true then it should be!! would be a great addition to any kind of shoot 'em up game!!

As for MW2.. I think BF2 is a better game.. better design, better scoring system (you get points in each game as a score)

However MW2 is more fun.. but the huge flaw is the scoring system in game whereby the kills Vs deaths is posted up.. people dont play the objective, they just play to get a good K:D

Since BF2 is points orientated.. you do the best not by getting kills but playing the objective which is so much better!!
    positron wrote: »
    I use parachuting to spot enemies - usually in the night mode map (Nelson Bay?) by the time you land you can spot and warn your team about at least 3 enemy soldiers in the woods.

I suppose parachuting in does give you an advantage in that sense.. You get a birds eye view of the surroundings which does give the team a heads up..

But it is alot harder to aim accurately when parachuting in coz your moving all over the place! Being sniped from across the map is impossible to defend against!! and I've seen it done before... it looks mighty difficult!!

But it is alot harder to aim accurately when parachuting in coz your moving all over the place! Being sniped from across the map is impossible to defend against!! and I've seen it done before... it looks mighty difficult!!

I haven't been sniped while descending on the chute, but I can imagine that is pretty bad alright - and you can't spot if you are recon, as your scope is looking at a very small area, however it's fairly easy to spot with AK-94 etc, I just randomly point at various places in the woods and hit select and I tend to find a few hiding here and there.

Anther thing that you could do is to ditch the chute and descent faster, and then redeploy the chute again just before you hit the ground - I have seen this being done, but haven't tried it myself.

What annoys me more is the people who keep circling above your base and kill as you spawn.. it's pretty hard to defend against as they might have already taken out the anti-air artillery and you can't spawn anywhere else because they have all the bases, and you don't get enough time to dart the chopper either.

It's all part of the game though, currently playing single player again..!

• Advertisement

positron wrote: »
    What annoys me more is the people who keep circling above your base and kill as you spawn.. it's pretty hard to defend against as they might have already taken out the anti-air artillery and you can't spawn anywhere else because they have all the bases, and you don't get enough time to dart the chopper either.

It's all part of the game though, currently playing single player again..!

All you are is sitting ducks, especially if they see you are a Engineer...its like a becon going off to the apache!

I reckon the developers should have extended the distance for 'out of bounds' area for the opposition...this would have fixed any spawn camping from the off. At least for helis and apaches.

All you are is sitting ducks, especially if they see you are a Engineer...its like a becon going off to the apache!

I reckon the developers should have extended the distance for 'out of bounds' area for the opposition...this would have fixed any spawn camping from the off. At least for helis and apaches.

Duckytech can't fly an Apache :p ... Na na na na na .

I haven't even tried flying Apache yet..! Yesterday I went into a Conquest and there were TWO apaches circling my base, my ended up 2 kills, 12 deaths! I have switched to darts since and have had some success - plant a dart on a chopper (very hard) or a tank (very easy) and leave it there and someone else's miss'le or rocket will take them out clean..! It's good fun!

Duckytech can't fly an Apache :p ... Na na na na na .

My problem aint that i cant fly them..its that i cant shoot the buggers down!:D

My problem aint that i cant fly them..its that i cant shoot the buggers down!:D

Hey Ducky I'm sorry I didn't know you had such problems .....

Hey Ducky I'm sorry I didn't know you had such problems .....

Good one..:D

My favourite apache kill was when i was playing as recon and one one was flying staright towards me. I took aim at the cockpit and fired and scored a direct kill on the pilot and the apache went crashing into the water.:D

Good news everyone..!! :D Four new maps headed the BC2! And, they are free if you have the VIP thingee.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/11/08/oasis-and-harvest-day-heading-for-battlefield-bad-company-2.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Sexy!!!!

Dice = legends

• Advertisement

Oh yes, these are BC1 maps (Oasis etc) reworked for BC2 - but I have never played BC1, so these are effectively new maps to me! I am very happy despite no ETA from them!

I think Vietnam expansion pack would be out soon though.

Advertisement