Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Earphones at Great Prices

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

There be dragons.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭viv.ie

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Klipsch-Image-Performance-Noise-Isolating-headphones/dp/B000WAHFBK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1279888802&sr=8-1
    Just ordered these,Klipsch X10 for e160 after VAT sterling Diff etc.
    Was looking for a pair of there for ages but was not going to pay e200 plus.Hope I wont be disappointed,my nuforce Icon mobile came today and Hope these pair well with my Sony X1060.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Well worth it.

Everything pairs well with an X1000. They're amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Baza210 wrote: »
    Everything pairs well with an X1000. They're amazing.

Yeah thanks by the way!

Got a pair of Sony MDR-V6s for $45 from China. eBay seller 'netforux'. Free worldwide delivery makes that rather a bargain, they're hard to get out of America.

As far as I can tell they are legit. Sound is fantastically clear. Only annoyance is the very heavy coiled cable which means they're not great for walking around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Set of 4 custom tuned radiopaqs - seem to get great reviews on head-fi. Including shipping etc. works out at about £46-47 iirc.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.563324

One pair of each type? That's a very good deal if so.

One pair of each type? That's a very good deal if so.
    Yes I believe so - they also have a 30 day money back guarantee so if you don't like them after trying them out you can send them back.

• Advertisement

Set of 4 custom tuned radiopaqs - seem to get great reviews on head-fi. Including shipping etc. works out at about £46-47 iirc.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.563324

Never heard of them before. Must be new to the market?

BostonB wrote: »

They've been out since about April 2009 based on the reviews on head-fi / T3 etc. I have ordered them anyway - so will report back (though I imagine the offer will probably be over by then! :( ), tho I ain't no expert! :D

Jazz and Classical seem to get the best reviews.

BostonB wrote: »

They're sold in HMV.

mark2410 on head-fi raves about 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

I picked up a pair of Sony noise cancelling headphones.

I'll never go back to cheap ones again.

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I think I have the HD202, I bought the for guitar practise, and they are brutal. Just dire.

Amazon are selling a set of Ultimate Ears Super fi 5 for £38.75 which is around €47.
    logitech_ultimate_ears_superfi_5.jpg
    They get some good reviews hereand here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

cork45 wrote: »
    Amazon are selling a set of Ultimate Ears Super fi 5 for £38.75 which is around €47.

The dispatch date is usually one to two months which is a bit of a downer but I'm tempted.

yimrsg wrote: »
    The dispatch date is usually one to two months which is a bit of a downer but I'm tempted.

They must of run out of stock as last night it was a two day dispatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭aidannulty

viv.ie wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Klipsch-Image-Performance-Noise-Isolating-headphones/dp/B000WAHFBK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1279888802&sr=8-1
    Just ordered these,Klipsch X10 for e160 after VAT sterling Diff etc.
    Was looking for a pair of there for ages but was not going to pay e200 plus.Hope I wont be disappointed,my nuforce Icon mobile came today and Hope these pair well with my Sony X1060.

hey there how is the sound of these? am currently in the market for a good set of headphones.

THANKS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Just ordered the Sennhieser 25-1 II from thomann.de

Came to €181 incl. delivery.

Looking forward to hearing them...

aidannulty wrote: »
    hey there how is the sound of these? am currently in the market for a good set of headphones.

THANKS

They get some fantastic reviews, I'm thinking about an upgrading my HF5's to these if a special offer comes along.

I doubt the accuracy matches the HF5s, actually. Probably a warmer sound though, if you like that.

I doubt the accuracy matches the HF5s, actually. Probably a warmer sound though, if you like that.

I didn't know that, have you any alternative recommendations?

Fischer Audio DBA-02... except they're out of stock everywhere :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭obsydion

cork45 wrote: »
    logitech_ultimate_ears_superfi_5.jpg

I just went through my SECOND pair of these in 6 months. STAY AWAY FROM UEs unless you're splashing out for the custom monitors. Mine was the 5vi version so basically as above but with additional in-line remote and microphone. Both times the right earpiece lost all sound and it turned out to be a broken connection in cable just before the jack. Yes they sounded amazing when they worked but what's the point of amazing earpieces when the fail through shoddy wiring at weakest point???

I was actually tossing up between Etymotic hf2's and Super.fi 5vi's and went for the latter (can't remember why). Now Etymotic have released the hf3 and Mc3. Can anyone comment on either?

You can get the Etymotic MC5 for €70 in the Apple store by the Molly Malone statue. That is a cracking price.

Reviews: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/510261/totally-insane-quality-for-a-totally-insane-price-the-etymotic-mc5-mini-review

Also they have JVC Marshmallows (HA-FX34) for €18 which is a reasonably good price as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭obsydion

You can get the Etymotic MC5 for €70 in the Apple store by the Molly Malone statue. That is a cracking price.

Reviews: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/510261/totally-insane-quality-for-a-totally-insane-price-the-etymotic-mc5-mini-review

Also they have JVC Marshmallows (HA-FX34) for €18 which is a reasonably good price as well.

Yep I was in there the other day. I may be interested in the MC3s (mic + remote) but they have no idea whether they may be stocking that, nor the HF3s. Actually the people in there don't really have a clue about anything :cool:

They're only there to sell you iPads ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Fischer Audio DBA-02... except they're out of stock everywhere :(

Does anyone know are these back in stock anywhere ?

They get nothing but great reviews all over the web.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/484569/review-fischer-audio-s-dba-02

Opr

Advertisement