Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Earphones at Great Prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,183 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Klipsch Image ONE On-Ear Headphones for 75e

http://livingsocial.com/deals/135461-klipsch-image-one-on-ear-headphones

Read a few reviews seem very good, wondering if you can get better quality, but less portability, for a lower price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

noodler wrote: »
    Klipsch Image ONE On-Ear Headphones for 75e

<snip>

Read a few reviews seem very good, wondering if you can get better quality, but less portability, for a lower price.
    Trying to get them for free I see ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sh1tin-a-brick

Any way of getting those Lambayrules earphones in a shop? :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

My Sound Magic PL-50s, as recommended somewhere in this thread, are damaged now, leaving them in my bag didn't help as they got a bit crushed, oops, but one of the ears was a bit dodgy anyway. Reckon it's safe enough to go for the same again as they have them on amazon. Or, are the PL-30s a step down, in ways? As it happens, a pair of Skull Candy yolks I had before them gave up the ghost the other day, but that was expected. I've a pair of Klipsch (also based on this thread, I think) something or other as backup. I'll need something for running and commuting.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Some posts removed

I'm gonna start modding this thread like a freakin' nazimodzillabarbarastreisand from now on.

Any posts that are not about GREAT headphones/buds/earphones at GREAT prices*, or the discussion of aforementioned phones, are getting deleted.

Asking for recommendations in this thread is off the table.

*not so much a bargain alert type deal, but rather that a certain set of phones represent good value for the cost involved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-51EF0060AA001-Aurvana-Live-Headphones/dp/B000W6Y0JY

They share the same drivers as the much more expensive denon d1000 so you're getting very good value for money. Whenever I've priced them they were around £70 to €80.

Joker from Head Fi's review
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shootout-96-portable-headphones-reviewed-v-moda-m-80-added-11-27-11
    Build Quality (7/10): The Creative Aurvana Live! is a well-built headphone but doesn’t exude the same air of solidity as the K81dj and HA-M750. The plastics feel sturdy and well-made. The glossy black cups and chrome trim are fingerprint magnets but the grime isn’t too visible on them (unlike, for example, the ATH-ES7). The stainless steel headband is padded and the cabling is nice and thick, rubberized to prevent tangling and short enough for portable use. An extension cable is included. On the downside, the CAL! are neither collapsible nor flat-folding, so calling them portables is contingent entirely on their having a shorter cable and being easily driven.

Comfort (9.5/10): The cups of the Creative Aurvana Live! were designed to be circumaural, and they are - for all but those with the largest ears. The cups are deep, extremely comfortable, and have a wide range of motion. The phones themselves are very light, largely due to the plastic construction, and there is almost no clamping force exerted by the headband. The pleather on the cups and headband feels quite soft but can get warm after a while, though I can stay cool longer in these than the JVC HA-M750.

Isolation (5.5/10): Though leakage is expectedly low, the isolation of CAL! is also quite low for a closed can. While better than almost all of the on-ear ultraportables, it just doesn’t compare some of the larger closed cans. I found myself cranking the volume up almost immediately when going outside.

Sound (8.5/10): As mentioned before, the CAL! shares OEM drivers (as well as pads and parts of the inner structure) with the renowned Denon AH-D1001k. My expectations were pretty high for these, so I was fairly surprised when I found the general sound signature to be similar to that of the significantly-cheaper JVC HA-M750. Over time, however, they grew on me and I learned to differentiate them from the JVCs in subtle but important ways. Like the JVCs, the CAL!s are bass-heavy headphones with a very rich-sounding midrange and a warm tonality. However, the Creatives boast better clarity in the (far less forward) midrange and a more dimensional sound - the soundstage has some depth in addition to the width. They are more laid back and balanced and at the same time a little faster when the music calls for it. The bass is textured, fairly well-controlled, and surprisingly deep (capable of dropping below 30Hz). The low-end response can be excessive at times - these are most definitely not monitoring headphones – but it’s hard to beat them for an enjoyable and relaxed listening experience with plenty of subwoofer bass.

Value (9/10). (MSRP: $99.99, Street Price: $99). I like these, I really do. They are extremely comfortable, reasonably portable, and they sound oh-so-good. Granted, the sound isn’t quite as neutral as some may prefer and the isolation could be better. But they are just so very fun to listen to. In a series of A:B comparisons they make my JVC HA-M750 sound muddy, aggressive, and flat and my K81Dj – hollow and resonant. The CAL! is definitely one headphone I could use both on the go and at home, but only if isolation was inconsequential and absolute portability was not a concern

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Looks a good deal - so very tempted at that price. For comparison elara have then at €70 plus €6 delivery. so less than €50 is a very good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Hi all,

Just want to make a quick reccomendation for some seriously decent bluetooth headphones that i got at a very good price. They might be up here somewhere already but just in case they arent.

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_7&products_id=106733

Picked these up for my iPhone about 2-3months ago and have been using them pretty much solidly since then. After going through 3 or 4 sets of decent headphones, Last pair being Sennheisers pxc250's that i left on holidays, I decided i was just going to get a bog standard cheapo wireless pair as I inevitably loose them or damage them. My expectations were low, despite reading the excellent reviews, when i recieved these however i was and still am really really impressed with these cans. The sound off them is simply class, I work in a very noisy environment and even on a medium volume the sound and bass of these is top notch. The noise cancellation means you can have them on a low volume in a noisy place and not have your ears bleeding. A single charge will last you pretty much the entire day if not longer and the bluetooth functionality on them is very good aswell, pairs really easy to my iphone and SGII and you can answer calls, shuffle etc all from the buttons on the side, they are really comfy aswell.

The only slight criticism is that the mic is either in the wrong position or slightly low as sometimes people have trouble hearing what im saying but not all the time. And there is no Aux in, bluetooth only so cant be used with shuffles etc. Apart from that, they are the bees knees. And i see they are also going to be shipping them in White in the new year.

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_7&products_id=106733

For 20 odd euro deliverd you wont get a better set of headphones, i guarantee it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I highly doubt they come anywhere near Koss PortaPros.

£17 delivered. The de facto entry drug to audiophilia.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Koss-Porta-Pro-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B00001P4ZH/

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Dixons Travel in T2 Dublin airport had the AIAIAI TMA-1 at 139 euro to clear, this was about a week or so ago but they had several pairs. Good deal considering Amazon are the cheapest online at 139 GBP.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AIAIAI-TMA-1-DJ-Headphone-Black/dp/B00404H6DQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324676837&sr=8-1

Nice headphones too, took a set out of the box and they are a really solid well built headphone - had a quick blast on my mp3 player but not enough to get a proper feel for the sound quality. I regret not buying them though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

Dixons Travel in T2 Dublin airport had the AIAIAI TMA-1 at 139 euro to clear, this was about a week or so ago but they had several pairs. Good deal considering Amazon are the cheapest online at 139 GBP.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AIAIAI-TMA-1-DJ-Headphone-Black/dp/B00404H6DQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324676837&sr=8-1

Nice headphones too, took a set out of the box and they are a really solid well built headphone - had a quick blast on my mp3 player but not enough to get a proper feel for the sound quality. I regret not buying them though!
    They're still there alright, plenty of pairs too! Excellent headphones, if only more people knew about them.

I have a friend (overseas) who has a pair. He felt pretty let down by them. I still love their look.

They've had some pretty good reviews so I'm still tempted to grab a set. One downside I did read was that they have a tendency to fall off your head if using for DJing - i.e. when you lean forward or down to pick up records etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

Took a trek out to the airport today to pick of a pair of TMA-1s, I've been thinking about getting them for a good while.

I don't how I didn't think of this, but Dixons Travel is only available to people who are actually travelling. I felt like a total gob****e, but without a boarding pass or anything, there was no way I was making it past security to the shopping area. So a heads up to anyone else who might be thinking of swinging by (is anyone else as near-sighted as me??)

On a side note, any lovely helpful boardsies out there who might be passing through and feel like picking me up a pair? :D:p

Edit: also, I was on the phone to the lad in the shop and I asked how much they were and he said "usually €142" in a tone that to me suggested you might be able to haggle with them a bit if you were so inclined, worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Granted €131 isn't cheap, but it is for these considering they've been normally retailing at ~£200. There is a lot of very good alternatives for similar or less. They do have 3 drivers however, so one for bass, one for mids and one for treble.

amazon.png?force=1&zero=0&w=725&h=440&desired=false&legend=1&ilt=1&tp=all&fo=0

Apparently they're being discontinued hence the price drop.

Another thing to consider is that the fit is very awkward because of the design so you may have to budget for additional tips (comply and sony hybrids) and the cable isn't great.

More reviews here

I had TF10s from the original sale. They had a fun sound, but the overall experience in terms of comfort and build quality was very disappointing.

devinejay wrote: »
    Took a trek out to the airport today to pick of a pair of TMA-1s, I've been thinking about getting them for a good while.

I don't how I didn't think of this, but Dixons Travel is only available to people who are actually travelling. I felt like a total gob****e, but without a boarding pass or anything, there was no way I was making it past security to the shopping area. So a heads up to anyone else who might be thinking of swinging by (is anyone else as near-sighted as me??)

On a side note, any lovely helpful boardsies out there who might be passing through and feel like picking me up a pair? :D:p

Edit: also, I was on the phone to the lad in the shop and I asked how much they were and he said "usually €142" in a tone that to me suggested you might be able to haggle with them a bit if you were so inclined, worth a try.

I had mentioned over on the electronic music forum that these were available at 139 in Dublin airport and one of the lads posted to say he'd picked up a pair at 110 - I was then going through Dublin airport this morning and they have them reduced again to clear for 80 euro! Obviously I bought a set, absolute bargain... chuffed! From what I could see they had only one set left after.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 brenmartin1986

new sound magic E10M earphones with 3 button remote and mic

55euro delivered

http://www.headphonehub.ie/soundmagic-e10m-sound-isolating-earphones-black-silver-mic/

60yoyo's or more from hifiheadphones.co.uk and amazon

Read a few reviews of the E10, seem very good

Baza210 wrote: »
    I highly doubt they come anywhere near Koss PortaPros.

£17 delivered. The de facto entry drug to audiophilia.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Koss-Porta-Pro-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B00001P4ZH/

Haha, i had a pair of them before i bought these and trust me they are better. The Koss PP's are a decent set of headphones but i work a lot outside and the cable got snagged in sometihng and snapped, i was tempted to weld it back together but the metal headband kept pulling my hair out which was painful.

Incidentaly, I bought a pair of Koss in Stockholm a few years back (3 or 4), nearly every person i seen had a set of them, they were huge over there, probably cos they have decent bass and nearly everyone listens to death metal, or maybe they are made in Sweeden.

Trust me, they are the best cheap headphones on the market today bar none. Ive paid 5-6 times that for inferior sennheiser earphones.

They also come in white, which for some reason are now cheaper. delivered for about 25-27 euro, no brainer.

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=113197

No... just, no.

• Advertisement

huh? Thats a fairly tarded reply, care to elaborate?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Refering to the Headphones you linked I presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭millymash12

Ebay seller selling aiaiai tracks headphones for under 50e. Amazon price is 60. Love the retro 80s look, read a few reviews, sound quality is suppose to be great. Has 3 button remote and Mic http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=170806223022&index=8&nav=SEARCH&nid=94105815059

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭millymash12

B-stock shure se115m+ in ear earphones with 3 button and Mic from advanced mp3 players

Around 80 - 100 pound new, b stock only 45 pound. Just bought a new pair of these a few weeks ago, awesome set for on the train

http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/Headphones.6/Shure.44/SE115M/Shure_SE115M__Sound_Isolating_Headset_for_iPhone_and_iPod.4177.html#pClearance2062

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Has anybody bought a set of the bob marley collection? seen them in HMV today and they looked the part..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Has anybody bought a set of the bob marley collection? seen them in HMV today and they looked the part..
    I've seen them a few times before as well and really like the wooden look. Just had a look on headfi and this was the result
    The People Get Ready IEMs are nothing special. They're not breaking any ground here, nor are they going to make your eyes widen. They are bass oriented fashion headphones that don't sound offensive to the ears. They are decently built, please make the stress reliefs longer though. The sound isn't terrible, but fans of rock music or mid oriented music should stay away. These headphones are at their best with electronic music definitely.
    Headfi Link

That is for the "People Get Ready" IEMs. The same person has another post on "Redemption Song" IEMs. There are a fair few threads here on House of Marley phones, if you know what model you were looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

http://blitzme.ie/

Decent price for decent headphones...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

gpf101 wrote: »

I've heard good things about these I think, but are Blitzme any use, and what would the warranty situation be. My second pair of px-200-ii developed the same fault so I'm getting a full refund (free headphones for 14 months essentially).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

They great universally good reviews, I'm tempted. I don't know anything about Blitzme...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

gpf101 wrote: »

I wasn't going to buy these, as I've HD-25's already so no real need....but I'm curious :P If I don't like them expect to see a great deal on adverts.ie for them :pac:

Advertisement