Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else like me? Shampoo and Toilet Paper

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

kjl wrote: »
    after about 3 months my hair got used to it and now believe it or not it looks better and is cleaner than it ever was before IMO

Clarification added.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Don't mean to interupt the toilet paper argument that's ongoing, but why are so many people saying "Eugh, you don't wash your hair? that's horrible!"

Just because he doesn't use shampoo doesn't mean he doesn't wash his hair! He just only uses water! Sure let him off, each to their own!

Is the op telling the hole truth I wonder???????

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    Don't mean to interupt the toilet paper argument that's ongoing, but why are so many people saying "Eugh, you don't wash your hair? that's horrible!"

Just because he doesn't use shampoo doesn't mean he doesn't wash his hair! He just only uses water! Sure let him off, each to their own!
    You can't wash grease away with just water because oil repels water. You need a detergent to latch on to the oil molecules and lift them from skin/hair. All he's doing is getting his greasy hair wet. Although I suppose it's possible that the grease is biodegrading of its own accord, which is still manky.

I stopped using shampoo because it's a waste of money; I find that ordinary soap does the job better and is cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

I bet all the girls love coming around to your house to run their fingers through your gentle crusty locks down your sh*te stained back to pick the maltesers from your hole, you sir are a ladies man if I ever met one :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

kylith wrote: »
    You can't wash grease away with just water because oil repels water. You need a detergent to latch on to the oil molecules and lift them from skin/hair. All he's doing is getting his greasy hair wet. Although I suppose it's possible that the grease is biodegrading of its own accord, which is still manky.

I stopped using shampoo because it's a waste of money; I find that ordinary soap does the job better and is cheaper.

You don't need to wash oil away.

And besides have you seen the crap most blokes put in their hair? Wax, gel, moose, hairspray, sperm,more wax

maybe this guy with his oily hair is cleaner than most?

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

Can I introduce another environmental spanner. Why are we treating all the water being pumped into every house to make it drinkable and then flushing (let me guess) 90% of it down the toilet? The expense (financial and environmental) is huge. We should be getting 2 sources and when paying for them (I already am paying for domestic water) should be at seperate rates.

....and whats the deal with airline food?

You don't need to wash oil away.

And besides have you seen the crap most blokes put in their hair? Wax, gel, moose, hairspray, sperm,more wax

maybe this guy with his oily hair is cleaner than most?
    Of course you need to wash the oil away. Oil is what makes your hair lank and greasy. It also traps bacteria and dead skin cells, which smell bad when they rot.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

Anyone who has ever been to Thailand there is a small hose with a spray nozzle on the end that's attached to the wall in practically every toilet in Thailand, at the risk of sounding kinky but my arse loved it !!!

• Advertisement

kylith wrote: »
    Of course you need to wash the oil away. Oil is what makes your hair lank and greasy. It also traps bacteria and dead skin cells, which smell bad when they rot.

the oil is sebum which keeps hair and skin moisturise. people strip it off then imediatly apply artificial moisturiser to it. the more you wash it the more is produced and the more you have to wqash it. If you stop using shampoo it normalises in a few weeks

it does make it feel greasy but its still preferable than putting half a candle on your bonce like most blokes out there.

(for the record i do use shampoo)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

OP have you ever watched Grimefighters? Wet wipes are the main thing that clogs drains/sewers etc, they don't break down at all and just clump together and stay there, so they are definitely not a god alternative to washing when you're out and about. And yeah if you're getting a rash after wiping you're doing it wrong, ew, gross.

And as for shampoo, you're right about people washing their hair too much and ruining it. I have long shiny hair, which I wash about 2/3 times a week with shampoo and conditioner, any of my friends who wash theirs every day or every second day religiously have much drier and duller hair than me, but people assume you're dirty if you don't wash it everyday, which is completely wrong. If the OP is still washing with water his hair would probably be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

OP I also agree that the modern way of doing 'hygiene' (without actually being cleaner) is a bit OTT and daft. I'm a bit more moderate than you though, I use toilet paper. I also wash my hair about twice a week with Organic SLS free shampoo and use natural deodrant. I agree that shampoo is a pretty modern construct that isn't essential for your hair, but I also have to take into account the large amount of pollution I'm exposed to from cycling and living in a city. I know if I lived in a cleaner environment I would definately use shampoo etc less.

People have always complemented me on my hair, which is in far better condition than my friends who wash excessively with pantene and smother it in gels and harsh dyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I never get skid marks and my underwear is always clean

Boards.ie Quote of the Decade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

reap-a-rat wrote: »

I don't give a shit if the OP never washes at all, or wipes his arse with corn on the cob.

What annoys me is his attitude, which stinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

You should read your posts again. You're the only one here that's coming across as defensive.

I've been sitting here laughing at you. You don't wipe your arse or wash your hair & have been trying to back it up with a nonsense argument about "saving the trees" and all the while, telling anyone who disagrees with you that they don't understand basic chemistry.

You even claimed that some types of waste water "cannot be recycled".

Clearly, you have no idea what you are talking about.

And yet, you continue to tell people to "educate" themselves & to go look up dictionaries, or go back to school.

Dude, if you don't see the irony in that, I really can't do anything for you.

OMG are you still flogging the irony argument.Firstly I said save the environment, not the trees. Secondly I have actually given proof in this thread that I am correct. You can laugh away all you like, but it only highlights your ignorance to me. You are the only person in this whole thread who I have insulted, and that's because ever post you make is trying to back up your first incorrect statement, which you even admitted was wrong. You can laugh all you want at me, but it only shows me how close minded you are.

Why don't you fly over to Japan and laugh at every single person there because they don't wipe either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

It doesn't say she never washes her hair. It says she limits it.

But yes, we should always believe everything we read on the internets.

JaxxYChicK wrote: »

She was hounded over it because she has her own hair product line. It was a fairly reputable site was it not?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Also going with the assumption OP is single and has been since they started this

JaxxYChicK wrote: »

Thats what she said.

...shít wrong post

• Advertisement

It was a fairly reputable site was it not?

thats what she said..

*phew*

thats what she said..

*phew*

before your out of the woods, can you explain why that is a "that's what she said" joke

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

She was hounded over it because she has her own hair product line. It was a fairly reputable site was it not?

I have no idea, I try not to read rubbish blogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

How can everyone think that wiping your arse with dry paper is cleaner than using water and soap to clean your arse?

I don't use shampoo any more because I've no need. I wouldn't have the patients to clean my arse with water and soap every time I use the toilet but I'll admit it would leave you cleaner than using just toilet paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

So about 2 years ago I decided to stop using shampoo because I was always running out, after about 3 months my hair got used to it and now believe it or not it looks better and is cleaner than it ever was before.

I always used to wash my bum after going to the toilet, I used to clean it with paper first, and just wash to get a proper clean. Then last year, I just stopped using the paper altogether.

So I suppose my question is, am I crazy? Is there anyone else out there like me. I read somewhere that 27000 trees are cut down everyday to make toilet paper for the world. And that one person washes down almost 10 gallons of shampoo a year, which is water that can not be recycled. So maybe if we all did this it would help save the environment.

Thoughts?
    Well if it works for a majority of the population on this planet it should work for you.

Smell ya later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

So about 2 years ago I decided to stop using shampoo because I was always running out,

Then last year, I just stopped using the paper altogether.

So maybe if we all did this it would help save the environment.

Thoughts?

Give it up Gormley, you aren't getting re elected no matter what you do!

And buy some bog roll you f'ucking cheapo:mad:

Edit: Have you never heard of baby wipes? I think you're only using water cos it's free. This is the cheapest, stingiest crap i've ever read on this site!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

ScumLord wrote: »
    I wouldn't have the patients to clean my arse with water and soap every time I use the toilet

I don't think any of us would ask patients to do that :eek::pac:

before your out of the woods, can you explain why that is a "that's what she said" joke

how did you know i was in the woods?

Why don't you fly over to Japan and laugh at every single person there because they don't wipe either.
    Yes they do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Yes, I used to use paper then wash, now I just wash.

A little bit of 'splashback' on your ring after you've discharged your brown torpedo does not constitute a 'wash' :rolleyes:

Advertisement