Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else like me? Shampoo and Toilet Paper

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

kjl wrote: »
    So about 2 years ago I decided to stop using shampoo because I was always running out, after about 3 months my hair got used to it and now believe it or not it looks better and is cleaner than it ever was before.

I always used to wash my bum after going to the toilet, I used to clean it with paper first, and just wash to get a proper clean. Then last year, I just stopped using the paper altogether.

So I suppose my question is, am I crazy? Is there anyone else out there like me. I read somewhere that 27000 trees are cut down everyday to make toilet paper for the world. And that one person washes down almost 10 gallons of shampoo a year, which is water that can not be recycled. So maybe if we all did this it would help save the environment.

Thoughts?

Yes there's about 1.2 Billion people in India just like you. I'm presuming there are many more millions in the developing world in the same boat. As long as you NEVER use your right hand for cleaning...that's purely for shaking other hands and eating with...Having lived in India, you soon forget about the need for bog roll. Also squatting down always results in a much more satisfying experience...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭talla10

What if you have a particularly dodgy curry followed by 6 pints of Guinness??and then eat a tin of prunes...and have some kind of hair mishap involving dog excrement??WHAT THEN???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

OisinT wrote: »
    bidet!

B'day to you too Mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

How are you managing to wash your hair properly without shampoo? .....I hope you're a shorthaired bloke. As for the arse part....please just use toilet paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    What do you "wash" your bum with? Fabreeze?

If you're using a sponge then surely you have a very mucky sponge within a few days. A facecloth maybe?

Either you have some very manky cloths/sponges/scrubby brushes or else I have an excessively rich diet.

Ok since we are getting gross here,

I wash my bum with soap and water and my hands. I use a bidet to remove the larger parts, and then use my hands after. When I am done, I clean my hand completely with hot water and soap.

I can assure you I do not smell, I never get skid marks and my underwear is always clean. You can all call me dirty all you want, but I think its dirty not to wash you bum and have sh!t in you ass the whole day. In fact when I am forced to use paper it always starts itching after a few hours and I need sudocream because I normally have a rash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

At first I thought he was going to say he uses shampoo on his arse and toilet paper on his head and things are better than ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭rorymcgrory

Now hang on a minute... I'm actually interested in this.

I have no idea what a bidet is. Where exactly do you wash this arse of yours? Do you do it at the sink? Hanging over the bath?

Sure there would be ****e everywhere surely?

Specifics please? How do you approach this you dirty yet interesting animal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

I wash my bum with soap and water and my hands..

Dodged a bullet there..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Do you use soap instead of shampoo on your hair too?

Seriously with all those baby wipes and soap on your bum your hole must look like a puckered up old prune.

Now hang on a minute... I'm actually interested in this.

I have no idea what a bidet is. Where exactly do you wash this arse of yours? Do you do it at the sink? Hanging over the bath?

Sure there would be ****e everywhere surely?

Specifics please? How do you approach this you dirty yet interesting animal
    You don't know what a bidet is? Seriously?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bidet

• Advertisement

bronte wrote: »
    How are you managing to wash your hair properly without shampoo? .....I hope you're a shorthaired bloke. As for the arse part....please just use toilet paper.

Shortish hair. you know shampoo was only invented like 80 years ago. What do you think they did before that? Back in the 60's shampoo was so strong you could only use it once a week, hence the expression "I'm washing my hair". The reason your hair gets so greasy is because when you use shampoo it strips away all the oil out of your hair, so your scalp starts making grease overtime to rehydrate your hair. After about 3 months of not using shampoo your hair goes back to normal, and you don't get so much grease build up.

Google "no poo", I know I'm not the only one who does that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭FarmerGreen

Thats why left handed people are called cack-handed then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

In fact when I am forced to use paper it always starts itching after a few hours and I need sudocream because I normally have a rash.

you're not wiping your arse properly..

i am in shock.. but fcuk me i'm lol'in hard :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I wash my bum with soap and water and my hands.

If you don't use toilet paper, then how to you dry your ass ?
    Do you do a handstand underneath the hand dryer ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

talla10 wrote: »
    What if you have a particularly dodgy curry followed by 6 pints of Guinness??and then eat a tin of prunes...and have some kind of hair mishap involving dog excrement??WHAT THEN???

North Korea will invade

If you don't use toilet paper, then how to you dry your ass ?
    Do you do a handstand underneath the hand dryer ?
    Dyson ass blade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

I wash my bum with soap and water and my hands. I use a bidet to remove the larger parts, and then use my hands after. When I am done, I clean my hand completely with hot water and soap.

I can assure you I do not smell, I never get skid marks and my underwear is always clean. You can all call me dirty all you want, but I think its dirty not to wash you bum and have sh!t in you ass the whole day. In fact when I am forced to use paper it always starts itching after a few hours and I need sudocream because I normally have a rash.

Here's a KEEEEEEEERRRAAAZZZY idea; it goes like this. You use toilet paper on your bunghole and you ALSO shower/bathe daily as much as you like. That way you dont have to pick clangers out of your own hoop!!!

Works wonders for the rest of the world !

JaxxYChicK wrote: »
    Do you use soap instead of shampoo on your hair too?

Seriously with all those baby wipes and soap on your bum your hole must look like a puckered up old prune.

No, I don't put any detergent in my hair at all. If I feel my hair is getting particularly greasy I sometimes use a little bit of conditioner, but that would be maybe once every 2 weeks.

Why not save time and just empty yourself in your hands.....same thing

No, I don't put any detergent in my hair at all. If I feel my hair is getting particularly greasy I sometimes use a little bit of conditioner, but that would be maybe once every 2 weeks.

That's so strange, I find conditioner actually makes the hair greasier instead of the opposite. Now if you used soap I could probably understand, as I recall my mother saying she used soap to wash her hair when she was younger and that her hair was in fab condition before fancy shampoos and whatnot came along, but nothing at all?

I get what you're saying about shampoos stripping natural oils and all that, but seriously washing your hair a couple of times a week has a very small impact in that regard.

Have you dreads? The only people I know who don't wash their hair ended up with dreads. Most of whom aren't the freshest smelling individuals either. No offense, not saying you smell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

Quick question, is this you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Shortish hair. you know shampoo was only invented like 80 years ago. What do you think they did before that? Back in the 60's shampoo was so strong you could only use it once a week, hence the expression "I'm washing my hair". The reason your hair gets so greasy is because when you use shampoo it strips away all the oil out of your hair, so your scalp starts making grease overtime to rehydrate your hair. After about 3 months of not using shampoo your hair goes back to normal, and you don't get so much grease build up.

Google "no poo", I know I'm not the only one who does that.

Uh-huh...tell that to a lady with highlights or lightened hair....ya gotta shampoo and condition like a fecker. I wash my hair every second day unless they have to do something crazy with it for work. Shampoo is milder now. You certainly don't have to wash hair every day but once in a while won't hurt.

JaxxYChicK wrote: »
    That's so strange, I find conditioner actually makes the hair greasier instead of the opposite. Now if you used soap I could probably understand, as I recall my mother saying she used soap to wash her hair when she was younger and that her hair was in fab condition before fancy shampoos and whatnot came along, but nothing at all?

I get what you're saying about shampoos stripping natural oils and all that, but seriously washing your hair a couple of times a week has a very small impact in that regard.

Have you dreads? The only people I know who don't wash their hair ended up with dreads. Most of whom aren't the freshest smelling individuals either. No offense, not saying you smell.
    No, I don't have dreads. Its funny that everyone is slagging, because I get some many complements on my hair its not funny. Loads of celebraties do it like Edward Cullen from twilight, Jessica Simpson, 4 of the guys in the coronals to name a few.

Edward Cullen from twilight,

He does give off that unwashed, hobo air, but to be honest I wouldn't feel too good about that comparison unless you're looking to attract twelve year old girls that want you to sneak into their room to watch them sleep.

Jessica Simpson,

Don't believe for a second that a woman with her own line of hair extensions doesn't wash her hair. Or have it washed for her by an army of stylists. Frequently.
    4 of the guys in the coronals to name a few.

:confused:

Anyway, you might have nice hair, good for you, but I don't think you'll find many people agreeing that having dirty hair is something they might be into. And yes, maybe your hair "regulated" itself after a number of months, but seriously, your scalp and hair must have felt absolutely disgusting until it did.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

No, I don't have dreads. Its funny that everyone is slagging, because I get some many complements on my hair its not funny. Loads of celebraties do it like Edward Cullen from twilight, Jessica Simpson, 4 of the guys in the coronals to name a few.

And the irony is is that they are all arse wipes.

humberklog wrote: »
    And the irony is is that they are all arse wipes.
    badabing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

Why do people find not using toilet paper disgusting? In many countries around the world people choose to clean their arses with soap and water which to my mind would leave you much cleaner. With toilet paper all your doing is smearing crap off your backside, it doesn't clean you it just gets rid of the large chunks of crap stuck to your stovepipe.
    If you want to use paper just wipe with dry paper first and then repeat with some wet paper to make sure your clean.

Im not going to wash my hair or my bottom again...

Then we'll see who the tough guy...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Why do people find not using toilet paper disgusting? In many countries around the world people choose to clean their arses with soap and water which to my mind would leave you much cleaner. With toilet paper all your doing is smearing crap off your backside, it doesn't clean you it just gets rid of the large chunks of crap stuck to your stovepipe.
    If you want to use paper just wipe with dry paper first and then repeat with some wet paper to make sure your clean.

Remind me never to shake hands with you, erm....Sticky.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

Im not going to wash my hair or my bottom again...

Then we'll see who the tough crusty guy...
    FYP

Advertisement