Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else like me? Shampoo and Toilet Paper

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

how did you know i was in the woods?

If you are in the woods, pick me up a few dock leaves for cleaning my arse will you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭catthinkin

heres a thought why not shampoo your hole and use toilet paper to cover your greasy hair ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

If you are in the woods, pick me up a few dock leaves for cleaning my arse will you?

dock leaves..dock leaves...theyre the spikey christmas ones right?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

What's really needed is three seashells!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

dock leaves..dock leaves...theyre the spikey christmas ones right?

That's them, the spikes are for those stubborn klingons:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

The poor OP seems to be getting a lot of grief here....I think before we knock him we should a least try what he says for a week or 2 and see how we get on, and all report back!!!

I will try the no shampoo thing, any one wanna give the no toilet roll thing a shot?

Any takers?

Anyone?

catthinkin wrote: »
    heres a thought why not shampoo your hole and use toilet paper to cover your greasy hair ?

you know this joke has been made like 4 times already, here's a thought, why don't you read the thread before making a stupid comment.

kjl wrote: »

Those are only practical jokes. Like those squirty flower things

CKWPORT wrote: »
    The poor OP seems to be getting a lot of grief here....I think before we knock him we should a least try what he says for a week or 2 and see how we get on, and all report back!!!

I will try the no shampoo thing, any one wanna give the no toilet roll thing a shot?

Any takers?

Anyone?

The no toilet paper is actually an easier adjustment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

OisinT wrote: »
    bidet!

bidet to you sir

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

That doesn't prove the Japanese don't use toilet paper. In fact there's toilet paper in that picture.

Stop linking crap to corroborate your weak arguments. Truth is you just weren't bothered buying shampoo or toilet roll anymore. Why continue to try to justify it to people who don't agree that this is an attractive option?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

Haha! there are clearly 2 rolls of toilet paper in that pic ^^^^

ClutchIt wrote: »
    Haha! there are clearly 2 rolls of toilet paper in that pic ^^^^

Theyre scrolls. so people can write on them, stick them on the wall and theyre easier to remove

JaxxYChicK wrote: »
    That doesn't prove the Japanese don't use toilet paper. In fact there's toilet paper in that picture.

Stop linking crap to corroborate your weak arguments. Truth is you just weren't bothered buying shampoo or toilet roll anymore. Why continue to try to justify it to people who don't agree that this is an attractive option?

Because I am being made out to be some sort of dirty knacker here, which if you were to meet me you would see I am clearly not.

What I do is an alternative, I'm not crazy, but I have to defend myself against people saying that I clearly must not have a girlfriend because I do this. I am simply making my argument for doing this.

Yes there is toilet paper in the picture, but this is most likely for the westerners who wouldn't use the bidet option.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

To be fair, washing with soap & water probably feels a lot cleaner than using paper, a lot less convenient though.

I've heard the hair washing thing before, but my hair gets greasy very quickly :( Usually wash it every day.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Theyre scrolls. so people can write on them, stick them on the wall and theyre easier to remove

The japanese... so classy

There is no way you could have a girlfriend. no. way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Barring the fact that, as others have said, there are 2 rolls of toilet paper in that picture I have first hand knowledge that there is toilet roll supplied in Japanese toilets, whether in private houses, guest houses, restaurants, hotels, railway stations, or public 'squat' toilets.

However the Japanese have come up with the fantastic idea of having a little tap over the cistern that comes on when you flush, so you can wash your hands in the water that goes to refill the cistern and not waste water by turning on the sink.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Because I am being made out to be some sort of dirty knacker here, which if you were to meet me you would see I am clearly not.

What I do is an alternative, I'm not crazy, but I have to defend myself against people saying that I clearly must not have a girlfriend because I do this. I am simply making my argument for doing this.

Yes there is toilet paper in the picture, but this is most likely for the westerners who wouldn't use the bidet option.

Don't be so sensitive. What did you expect when you decided to start a thread on AH claiming you don't wash your hair or use bog roll to wipe your arse? People were hardly going to herald you as some sort of visionary now in fairness.

You have justified your hygiene habits by saying it's kinder to the environment, uses less trees, the Japanese do it, it makes your hair only gorgeous. You've had every one of these points debunked. Tell the truth, you only did it because you're either too cheap to continue buying what most people in this country believe to be hygiene necessities, or you just weren't arsed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,761 ✭✭✭✭listermint

To be fair OP, scraping the poop of your dumper with a hand and some water leaves said poop on your hands in micro amounts.

If you are just using soap to clean your hands after that is very wrong. And there has to be a bang off you for it. You would need to clean them at least times to remove some residue.

el bangerino.

Because I am being made out to be some sort of dirty knacker here,

No, they wipe and wash hands

Unlikely. Outside of Tokyo, and maybe Kyoto and Hiroshima, Japan doesn't really have a tourist industry; to the extent that Westerners are openly gawped at in the street. Most tourists in Japan are from other parts of Japan.

kylith wrote: »
    Barring the fact that, as others have said, there are 2 rolls of toilet paper in that picture I have first hand knowledge that there is toilet roll supplied in Japanese toilets, whether in private houses, guest houses, restaurants, hotels, railway stations, or public 'squat' toilets.

However the Japanese have come up with the fantastic idea of having a little tap over the cistern that comes on when you flush, so you can wash your hands in the water that goes to refill the cistern and not waste water by turning on the sink.

well actually 72% of households in Japan have the new toilet systems.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toilets_in_Japan

JaxxYChicK wrote: »
    Don't be so sensitive. What did you expect when you decided to start a thread on AH claiming you don't wash your hair or use bog roll to wipe your arse? People were hardly going to herald you as some sort of visionary now in fairness.

You have justified your hygiene habits by saying it's kinder to the environment, uses less trees, the Japanese do it, it makes your hair only gorgeous. You've had every one of these points debunked. Tell the truth, you only did it because you're either too cheap to continue buying what most people in this country believe to be hygiene necessities, or you just weren't arsed.

arse pun!

how did i not think of that. the best one i could think of was waiting for an opertunity to say 'thats how i roll' which is a bit crap.....oh! i did one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭catthinkin

you know this joke has been made like 4 times already, here's a thought, why don't you read the thread before making a stupid comment.

heres a thought why dont you stop being an angry dirty person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

OMG are you still flogging the irony argument.Firstly I said save the environment, not the trees. Secondly I have actually given proof in this thread that I am correct. You can laugh away all you like, but it only highlights your ignorance to me. You are the only person in this whole thread who I have insulted, and that's because ever post you make is trying to back up your first incorrect statement, which you even admitted was wrong. You can laugh all you want at me, but it only shows me how close minded you are.

Why don't you fly over to Japan and laugh at every single person there because they don't wipe either.

Everything you've said so far has been wrong. Including that the Japanese don't use toilet paper.

Give it up dude.

You don't wanna wipe your arse or wash your hair, then fine, but you really need to stop pulling "facts" out of your nicely soaped up hole.

well actually 72% of households in Japan have the new toilet systems.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toilets_in_Japan
    Did I say that they didn't? But that still leaves 28% of Japanese homes with essentially the same toilet that you have at home. Saying that Japanese people don't use toilet paper, despite even posting evidence to the contrary yourself, is like saying that no-one in Ireland uses a frying pan because lots of people have deep-fat fryers.

Japanese people wipe their arses, get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭alexa5x5

I think I'd vomit if I shook hands with someone and then discovered that they used there hands to clean there ar$e. OP do people in your everyday life know you do this??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

kjl, i agree completely with the shampoo. It's for scenesters and women and men who work in accounting companies.

Giving up the bog roll though...only way to do that properly is to use a bidet. Great devices and i miss them terribly.

Although I do like 4 ply arse roll.

Advertisement