Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 02/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Anyone sense tension in the cockpit?!?!? Some guy not happy with the braking situation on the runway, controller isn't having a bar of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

I keep thinking there's lightning here with all the cameras flashing outside :D

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

Weather on now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

killygordon down to -6.5

that could really drop between now and sun rise.

any bets? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Haddockman wrote: »
    The main event is yet to start.

Eh..its feckin' epic in Dublin CC..thats the main event!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

um chinese and few bottles just been delivered

Hope you gave the driver an extra 50cent for risking his life.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Shelga

Who is this Evelyn wannabe?? Her jacket is fugly.

WE WANT EVELYN!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 murf 1990

Snuggled up under the duvet with the dog, listening to Christmas FM and watching the blizzard here in Lucan.

Out of interest - would the current weather have had anything to do with that gas explosion in O'Connell Street, or is it just an unfortunate coincidence?

From Lucan was the dog robbed and you were trying to hide it from the gards

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Haddockman wrote: »
    The main event is yet to start.

Thats ominous.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭cabot

I'm looking at that big dirty cloud moving in from the NorthWest Coast on Sat24.com... Do ye think that might give us some snow here in Athlone tonight? We just got a light sprinkle last night...

Gutted, on the tv weather they've said that front wont reach us till tomorrow in the form of sleet and snow. I wanted it tonight when its -7!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Conor108 wrote: »
    What ATC feed is the best to listen to??

I'm listening to EIDW Dublin Del/Gnd/Twr is there another one??

Conor. your listening to the best that ya will get online. although i have the scanner on beside me scanning all dub freqs. If you listen to the other link you will only get dub departure/arrival not great tbh. As it wont give you detailed information.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Putting out the bins was like a trip to the North Pole!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Plasmoid

Luas has been sitting here for 10 minutes at the Central Park stop on the Luas Green. Not moving on to Sandyford.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

wyndham wrote: »
    Hope you gave the driver an extra 50cent for risking his life.:pac:
    no he's low on prawns in my curry so glad i didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Streamer definitely veering northerly, maybe an hour or so left here in D4 before the chill.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Sleuthy wrote: »
    Does anyone know wear I can buy a pair of snowboots that won't cost the earth in Dublin city centre. Tried a good few shops today as Uggs are utterly useless for snow and don't fancy breaking my neck. Have seen loads of people wearing OK-looking ones but can't find a single pair anywhere. Suggestions?

Was thinking the same myself. Been wearing wellies the past few days but there's no insulation in them! Even with 3 pairs of thick socks on my poor toes do be freezin!!

Also - No snow in D.11 for the past couple of hours... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Our last chunk of snow isn't too shabby either, heavy vertical snow!

Biggest ever snow here.

Amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 murf 1990

Ginny wrote: »
    Jesus Swords is getting plastered now, stupid kids have rolled the bottom of a snowman into the middle of the road, they're also battering houses with snowballs, little ****es.

All comes with the tertiary when you live in a ****hole

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

Last bash starting here!

do you think any snow will reach kilkenny tonight?

Supercell wrote: »
    Streamer definitely veering northerly, maybe an hour or so left here in D4 before the chill.

I don't see it on the animation ... I'd give it another few hours yet! (of epic epic snow that is!) Ant then all the stuff from the west! Jesus Christ!

• Advertisement

Anyone sense tension in the cockpit?!?!? Some guy not happy with the braking situation on the runway, controller isn't having a bar of it!

Thats the Delta i think. but in the states they use a different system for friction tests. After i got my ATPL i had to re-train in european friction numbers to understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Yeah the wind is definitely starting to shift to even a more northerly direction. Which could be good news for all the Bray people that have been moaning all day :p

andy_g wrote: »
    Thats the Delta i think. but in the states they use a different system for friction tests. After i got my ATPL i had to re-train in european friction numbers to understand it.

Do they still use imperial measurements for that over there??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

andy_g wrote: »

I think it was an incoming Air Lingus aircraft where the pilot said the braking was less than good as had been told to him, the controller seemed to be telling him that he was going to use the results of the braking test as opposed to feedback from pilot. They running a second braking test soon to cover the auld arse no doubt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

Plasmoid wrote: »
    Luas has been sitting here for 10 minutes at the Central Park stop on the Luas Green. Not moving on to Sandyford.

Just crossed the line at Beachwood stop. There are hundreds and hundreds of people walking home from town along the line. Didn't see any sign of a Luas.

It was like Night of the Living Dead coming down the line.

Rougies wrote: »
    Do they still use imperial measurements for that over there??

Some Stations are using a rating system 5 being best 1 being worst. the imperial system is still being used in new york,boston and a few others i know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Disruption hazard signs all over the map for tomorrow on the TV forecast there...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Eglinton wrote: »
    Just crossed the line at Beachwood stop. There are hundreds and hundreds of people walking home from town along the line. Didn't see any sign of a Luas.

It was like Night of the Living Dead coming down the line.

I did that last night from Ballally with the defective tram at Milltown, some amount of snow:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Any weather gurus give a prediction on snow falling in Kilkenny City? Fancy a venture out on the town but dont want to get stranded.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Some pictures in Sandymount 2 hours ago (I'm cold now)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/album.php?albumid=1482#

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement