Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 02/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Sonovagun wrote: »
    Stop looking at the streamer in the Irish sea, check out what's coming from the north west. The whole country could get blitz tonight/tomorrow.

It will probably be mostly (freezing)rain across the west maybe until it crosses the midlands. By the time it hits Dublin it will probably be snow, if there is anything left.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Nearly 3 hours after leaving clontarf i made it back to Donabate!!!!!!

Pretty mad conditions in Clontarf when i left. cars going everyway and lots and lots of snow. Got back to Donabate thinking sad thoughts and its a warzone. Kids have built a giant giant snowman, barely took a skim off the surface of the lying snow. Will try get pics when i eventually warm up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Heard on the 6pm RTE news that some observers think this weather could be costing the economy close to €100m per day. Food for thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Xxhaylsxx

carlmwan wrote: »
    Were?:P i cant see anything big in the north west on raintoday

Here
    http://www.met.ie/forecasts/3hour.asp

12 inches of snow on the ground in Dublin 6. Nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

Lemsiper wrote: »
    You're in the west? Like the two posters wondering and hoping.
    I guess I'm one of the two posters. :D If I was house-bound I am'nt too sure Id be happy though:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

madds wrote: »
    Heard on the 6pm RTE news that some observers think this weather could be costing the economy close to €100m per day. Food for thought.

We've spent money on worse in recent years... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

We can't change it, so we may as well just marvel at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Sleuthy

Does anyone know wear I can buy a pair of snowboots that won't cost the earth in Dublin city centre. Tried a good few shops today as Uggs are utterly useless for snow and don't fancy breaking my neck. Have seen loads of people wearing OK-looking ones but can't find a single pair anywhere. Suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭linguist

Yeah, there's always some miserable git going on about money and the economy.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Anyone know what the M50 is like at the moment Blanch to Tallaght ? I see the council cameras but I dont know if the images are current, the suspiously empty motorway suggests they were taken some time during night... dont want to leave now and find it snarled up for hours

well worth it! sure beats throwing 40 or 50 billion at the banks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Ryaner 44 will be in a right snot if the runway doesn't open, apparently this guy threw his toys out of the pram earlier because the airport was shut!

I know the Capt of that Aircraft he is emmmm...... a nice guy :D glad he aint based in dublin anymore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

Think we might be getting our last bash in the next 30 mins.

ECM pretty much going for it staying cold right through till at least Thursday next week...

ECM0-168.GIF?02-0

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

First few flakes failling in Greystones now, early days but yeeahhh

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Gremlin

ATC just reported braking tests report good, runway about to open.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

The handbraking action is good, Dublin airport is open for the moment.

Braking action in Dublin is "good", report just in. Airport should re-open.

Pelting down again in Donabate after a short break. Apparently it was teatime in snowland.

whats the breaking action in Dublin Airport like anyone

• Advertisement

Gremlin wrote: »
    ATC just reported braking tests report good, runway about to open.
    lol U beat me 2 it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fizzix

In Drumcondra myself, steady snow most of the day. Looking out at the canal and the ice that's been there since last Friday now has a deep layer of snow :-)

Yeah I walked up by the canal on the way home from town, its quite epic at the moment most snow ive ever seen.

Braking action in Dublin is "good", report just in. Airport should re-open.

Seems they're going to bring an arrival in first - EI 563 from Barcelona.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

andy_g wrote: »
    I know the Capt of that Aircraft he is emmmm...... a nice guy :D glad he aint based in dublin anymore.

Yup he was looking for the daa duty manager cell number over the radio.... complete nutter... mind you I had the pen at the ready just in case the young lady actually gave it out !

Stopped again in Greystones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 lostwallet

Ryaner 44 will be in a right snot if the runway doesn't open, apparently this guy threw his toys out of the pram earlier because the airport was shut!

Funny stuff that alright

First time listener - cud get quite addictive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Dónal wrote: »
    12 inches of snow on the ground in Dublin 6. Nuts.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: There was only 5 inches of snow melting away in sunshine when I left it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

well worth it! sure beats throwing 40 or 50 billion at the banks

they never said anything on the news about the shops being cleared out by people buying extra food/oil heating-coal /new footwear-clothes along with what ever people stock up on that is extra money thats being spent that would not be spend if the cold/snow was not here

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

More than 13 inches of snow now in Ballycullen. Still a lot of idiots trying to get around in their cars. Can't be anything that important you need to do...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

If i can't get my car out of my estate in the morning which is looking likely, and the buses aren't running, I think I am expected to walk two hours to work. I wouldn't mind if it was VITAL that I was there but it's not.

I just want a snowday!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement