Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

you have to watch this guys videos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

digme wrote: »
    The amount of people that will see jbs vids now is huge, fair play to max for hosting the vid on his site, this is massive.
    Max likes people who speak the truth, and JB is the man !!!!

Didn't we establish that ole jb had a little problem with fact and truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

No.I think we established something about you.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

meglome wrote: »
    Didn't we establish that ole jb had a little problem with fact and truth.

Why don't you and studiorat debate him then?

You called him out. It could be properly moderated. You wouldn't have to go on camera or anything, you could still be meglome. I'm sure you could find a internet radio/podcaster who could moderate.

Edit: I'd even find a moderator myself.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Or JBYeats could come down from his ivory tower where no one can challenge him, and join us proletariat here on boards where everyone gets an equal say.

Yeah.... right.

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    Or JBYeats could come down from his ivory tower where no one can challenge him, and join us proletariat here on boards where everyone gets an equal say.

Yeah.... right.

DeV.
    Feel free to make a you tube video response.Where everyone truly gets an equal say.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Feel free to make a you tube video response.Where everyone truly gets an equal say.

Boards means anyone and everyone can join in. Youtube means you have to forgo a level of anonyminity you have here. Also, video response makes it a lot harder to address people on a point by point basis. There is no hiding from written text.

Also, boards is cool :cool: . Youtube is not, it gave birth to fred.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

No, he can block or edit comments on his channel.

And you tube videos are a atrocious way to have a dialogue

Di0genes wrote: »
    No, he can block or edit comments on his channel.

And you tube videos are a atrocious way to have a dialogue
    You mean attack right?
    You lot don't like the sound of something on here you do the same,you report,block edit,delete,ban, jesus wept...............

Poor max keiser should get you pro bankster lads onto his site.

You mean attack right?
    You lot don't like the sound of something on here you do the same,you report,block edit,delete,ban, jesus wept...............

Poor max keiser should get you pro bankster lads onto his site.

I'm not "pro bankster" whatever that means.

And if you want to have a conversation or a dialogue youtube videos are not the way to do.

If for nothing else the man is a terrible speaker rambling incorrect, long asides, wittering inanities.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Difference is here it is not the user who can do it. You can't start a thread and report,block edit,delete,ban subsequent posts. Only offensive material which breaks the rules is modified here.

• Advertisement

yekahs wrote: »
    Difference is here it is not the user who can do it. You can't start a thread and report,block edit,delete,ban subsequent posts. Only offensive material which breaks the rules is modified here.

Yeah he'd not five minutes if he threatened a poster on here.

Boards is not neutral and thats not the issue here anyway,the issue is
    this

someones_wrong_on_internet.png

The pro lisbon fella does it all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Quick question regarding Kaiser by the way. In the video which JBYeats refers to, Kaiser frequently refers to "financial terrorism" however isn't that exactly what he himself engaged in with his Karmabanque project? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm not sure if it was mentioned before, but Yeats was invited ontot Boards to talk about his videos and declined. That's as far as discussion goes.

So now that that's been covered, please try and stop making this about the man, and keep it about what he says.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/6366251.stm

http://www.jmr.nmm.ac.uk/server/show/ConJmrBookReview.180/outputRegister/lowhtml#content

http://www.historyireland.com/volumes/volume15/issue3/features/?id=164

The information is easily found by anyone who bothers to look. Ireland's aristocracy was heavily involved in the slave trade and benefited greatly from it.
    Just so we're all on the same page here, we are discussing James FitzGerald, 1st Duke of Leinster, not his son Edward. I'm not sure there's any point in discussing this if you don't even know who we're talking about.

I know perfectly well who I'm talking about. James Fitzgerald, who didn't build Carton house, just so we're clear.

So why did you post all those irrelevant links? None of them mention James Fitzgerald...

Boards is not neutral and thats not the issue here anyway,the issue is
    this
    ...snip...

Boards is a reflection of society in Ireland. As long as you don't break the clearly set out rules everyone is welcome. The idea that we should have some sort of video-off with jbyeats as a way to discussion something is ridiculous.

Love that image btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sinsin

I've watched this video at last. Namaloc made some very good points about the start of it here. I would add a few other things but I'll leave that for now. Though I will say I welcome anyone making positive proposals.

He's says boards.ie is senile, now I assume he means puerile or infantile. Now depending on where you look on boards.ie this can be true. But to say boards is just puerile is nonsense, After hours is puerile but Politics is not. Boards is a microcosm of society in general so has it's good and bad, funny and serious etc.

He doesn't seem to like myself or Studiorat's opinions. To be fair he's right we don't know him so we can't/shouldn't say what his motivations are. But it's also fair to say that he doesn't provide any backup for his opinions. From what I've seen so far his facts and figures are often wrong.

I've mentioned his point about Leinster house already. He openly admits to using a completely different building to make a point. He's correct government buildings does have more windows than Leinster house. However it was also built 150 years after Leinster house and has nothing whatsoever to do with the Earl of Kildare, or the Duke of Leinster. Again he's correct in that there is a big complex of buildings on this site, Leinster House, Government Buildings, The National Museum, The National Library, The Natural History Museum and the National Art Gallery. But only Leinster house has any relevance to the point he's making. The structures on the site were built over a period of 250 years. And let's be very clear about this Government buildings is not the back of Leinster House. This is the back of Leinster House.
    merrion.jpg
    Link to aerial shot of the back of Leinster House marked with a 1, Government building to the left.
    This debate about the buildings is in many ways silly. It's not the main issue I have with his videos but it does prove he has no problem using something less than factual to make a point which is why I brought it up in the first place.

He was wrong about the students, though I have to admit I was too.

What pray tell is the monument for?
    Open Your eyes guys.
    QED.

sinsin wrote: »
    What pray tell is the monument for?
    Open Your eyes guys.
    QED.

Well it's a monument. Raised to the first Executive Council of the Irish Free State, seems like a good thing to do. I assume this is some sort of Freemasons thing you're suggesting. Someone should let you know about the ancient Egyptians who used the obelisk long before the Freemasons came along. Were the leaders of the Free state even Freemasons?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

I like this mans way of communicating!!

• Advertisement

I like this mans way of communicating!!

Mis-information and exaggeration seem pretty big with some alright.
    Probably why we have the government we deserve already.

I must say he kind of reminds me of this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCbuRA_D3KU

Yeats is the height of paddy-whackery...

Well it's a monument. Raised to the first Executive Council of the Irish Free State, seems like a good thing to do. I assume this is some sort of Freemasons thing you're suggesting. Someone should let you know about the ancient Egyptians who used the obelisk long before the Freemasons came along. Were the leaders of the Free state even Freemasons?[/QUOTE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQwbz_ZG7zw/YOUTUBE]

Surpised it was not of Chucullain......probably just a coincidence,,,,,dunno? :confused:

The earliest Egyptian obelisk is, I believe, from around 2000 BC which is easily three and a half thousand years before the Freemasons came along. Personally it makes a lot more sense for country's to be harking back to ancient Egypt, one of the greatest civilisations in history, rather than assume some connection to a secret society. Interesting that video doesn't show obelisks from other 'non-Masonic' countries, then again it's list of supposed 'Masonic' country's is ridiculous anyway. Oh and an obelisk from London and Paris in the video are actually Egyptian.
    Surpised it was not of Chucullain......probably just a coincidence,,,,,dunno? :confused:

The monument they built seems elegant and very suitable for the setting really.

The earliest Egyptian obelisk is, I believe, from around 2000 BC which is easily three and a half thousand years before the Freemasons came along. Personally it makes a lot more sense for country's to be harking back to ancient Egypt, one of the greatest civilisations in history, rather than assume some connection to a secret society. Interesting that video doesn't show obelisks from other 'non-Masonic' countries, then again it's list of supposed 'Masonic' country's is ridiculous anyway. Oh and an obelisk from London and Paris in the video are actually Egyptian.

The monument they built seems elegant and very suitable for the setting really.

Yes I see......some of the Cumann na nGaedheal leaders must have had an interest in
    egyptology. I did,nt know that......interesting. Thanks.

Yes I see......some of the Cumann na nGaedheal leaders must have had an interest in

Ah yeah! according to the freemason hunters it was probably something to do with the great "illuminati uprising of 1798" . I sh1t you not, google it, some spanner is telling people it happened!

studiorat wrote: »
    Mis-information and exaggeration seem pretty big with some alright.
    Probably why we have the government we deserve already.

I must say he kind of reminds me of this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCbuRA_D3KU

Yeats is the height of paddy-whackery...

oh yes I believe every word he says too :rolleyes:

No, he has the right way of communicating, I know a few people like him so take half of it with a pinch of salt. But he has some good idea's.

Well I'm not saying they did. I'm really just making the point that the obelisk is around an awfully long time. The Masons used it because it was an ancient and powerful symbol so why wouldn't our leaders and others do the same.
    studiorat wrote: »
    Ah yeah! according to the freemason hunters it was probably something to do with the great "illuminati uprising of 1798" . I sh1t you not, google it, some spanner is telling people it happened!

hehe. I'll check it out.
    oh yes I believe every word he says too :rolleyes:

No, he has the right way of communicating, I know a few people like him so take half of it with a pinch of salt. But he has some good idea's.

But he's often just telling people want they want to hear. The irony of that is it's exactly what Fianna Fail have been doing up until now.

but what the hell was the thing about imitating bono... that was just a tad bit weird!

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Well I'm not saying they did. I'm really just making the point that the obelisk is around an awfully long time. The Masons used it because it was an ancient and powerful symbol so why wouldn't our leaders and others do the same.

Why wouldn't our supposedly Christian (non-masonic:rolleyes:) leaders build an obelisk to a pagan god?

hmmm.....Answers in the question btw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

but what the hell was the thing about imitating bono... that was just a tad bit weird!

stranger than fiction

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=64915825

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement