Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

you have to watch this guys videos

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

Carra23 wrote: »
    Good shout you are spot on but not sure if I can take the fella in the vids seriously or not. I mean it's great making these videos to try wake people up n give them a smack of reality but what then ? He offers no opinion or solution and not that I expect him to have one but at least he could offer his own thoughts on the matter. I think the problem is that it's easier to ignore the message people like him try to send rather than face up to the reality of the situation

I think it's pretty clear what his opinion is. He wouldn't have made 240 videos for no reason. It's up to you to take the information he's given and do something about it. You can't expect people to hold your hand your whole life, you have to stand on your own two feet at some stage. Here's another video in which he makes it very clear what his feelings are and also gives an interesting insight into Irish history that I didn't know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I think it's pretty clear what his opinion is. He wouldn't have made 240 videos for no reason. It's up to you to take the information he's given and do something about it. You can't expect people to hold your hand your whole life, you have to stand on your own two feet at some stage. Here's another video in which he makes it very clear what his feelings are and also gives an interesting insight into Irish history that I didn't know about.

Is it though? He seem like many other angry people I've come across in my life. He rants on about... well... pretty much everything. And he doesn't let fact or evidence get in the way of these rants. Having a big lying mouth doesn't make you the messiah.

meglome wrote: »
    Is it though? He seem like many other angry people I've come across in my life. He rants on about... well... pretty much everything. And he doesn't let fact or evidence get in the way of these rants. Having a big lying mouth doesn't make you the messiah.

Care to point out what he's lying about? What you just said can easily be construed as slander so I'd be careful if I were you. And nobody ever said he's a messiah, maybe you just have feelings of inadequacy.

Care to point out what he's lying about?

Well I have twice in the thread already.
    What you just said can easily be construed as slander so I'd be careful if I were you. And nobody ever said he's a messiah, maybe you just have feelings of inadequacy.

haha no I feel quite fine about myself thanks.

And "he's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

Care to point out what he's lying about? What you just said can easily be construed as slander so I'd be careful if I were you. And nobody ever said he's a messiah, maybe you just have feelings of inadequacy.

Slander? Criticising a guy on t'internet for not knowing his facts is slander?

Lol. I will turn myself in. And the entire internet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Carra23

I don't need any one to hold my hand thanks but the only solution to the problems he talks about , that I can think of , is to create a society that isn't so heavily reliant on money . It's not possible to do that when 99% of people around don't even have a f,ucking clue what's going on and the type of problems we face. Most people are walking around oblivious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Carra23 wrote: »

I don't need any one to hold my hand thanks but the only solution to the problems he talks about , that I can think of , is to create a society that isn't so heavily reliant on money . It's not possible to do that when 99% of people around don't even have a f,ucking clue what's going on and the type of problems we face. Most people are walking around oblivious
    Well then, why don't you do your part and inform a few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

LOL I was gonna say he's watching boards when I saw this video after Carra23 posted:
    Good shout you are spot on but not sure if I can take the fella in the vids seriously or not. I mean it's great making these videos to try wake people up n give them a smack of reality but what then ? He offers no opinion or solution and not that I expect him to have one but at least he could offer his own thoughts on the matter. I think the problem is that it's easier to ignore the message people like him try to send rather than face up to the reality of the situation

• Advertisement

espinolman wrote: »

Ahh I feel all special now. Don't have sound here right this minute so I'll watch it tomorrow.

Love this
    Hey JB, I'm a poster on the CT forums and I can tell you stupidorat and meglomaniac are ****ing MUPPETS!! Nobody on boards can stand them as they're just full of ****e and argue about anything and everything. They're nothing but trolls and should be ignored, we do or we just mock their ignorance for fun. I think you're given them more time than they're worth. Sorry for the language, I just can't stand those two. Good luck JB, chat to ya next time!

I've finally arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

digme wrote: »
    Seems when you get a mortgage for say 300,000 grand you end up paying back 700,000 odd grand back to the bank. Is this true?

The amount you pay back over the full term is clearly set out on the letter of offer.

I mean, what do people expect? Borrow €300k and pay back €400 over 30 years?

LOL.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Ahh I feel all special now. Don't have sound here right this minute so I'll watch it tomorrow.

Love this

I've finally arrived.

You should start your own fan club.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Carra23

espinolman wrote: »

In fairness he makes a fair point there. If you were an outsider who doesn't frequent the site some of the arguments and points made like the one he refers to are very immature and tedious

You should start your own fan club.

Still have no sound so haven't been able to listen to all the lovely things he's said about me.

Another great example of the level of his supporters.
    That board website is a joke.Anything which contradicts commonly held opinion is hammered and banned very quickly.They don't want to learn they just like to bitch and moan which says a lot about them as people really. Good on ye for ruffling a few of their feathers. I hear they get government money too to keep the discussion going in a certain direction and I hear some of the mods are on the government payroll in all guises from police to doctors etc...no wonder.

Government money hehehe, most posters on boards.ie are pretty anti our government.

Yeah the only reason people disagree with you is because they are paid... yup only possible reason.

(Anyone know where Yekas lives? :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Contents of PM removed
    <SNIP>

Well now, I received this in the post today.

It's such a pity he takes criticism so personally. I didn't get around to watch his video yet.

Looks like JB is afraid to come on here and actually have someone disagree with him in public.

I'll be here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Hey vultures, what exactly is he supposed to be talking with you for?

digme wrote: »
    Hey vultures, what exactly is he supposed to be talking with you for?

I have no idea why he'd feel the need to talk with me or about me. I did see the text meglome - "Dubliner Extraordinare" in the video which I'd guess isn't a positive comment. All we're doing is discussing his opinions from his videos, which he's entitled to hold even if I disagree with some of them.

Vultures?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭bitethebullet

All we're doing is discussing his opinions from his videos,

ah ah no you're not. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Guys, there's a topic so stick to it. If he wants to rant about Boards then he's entitled to. If he rants about you and you feel aggrieved, send him a message or post on his Youtube channel. Don't do it here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

Id say I have watched maybe 50% of this guys videos now... he offers a very interesting viewpoint on most of what he talks about from a man in the street perspective. Apparently he has some sort of research company and also has been a stock trader. Whether you like him or not, he is bang on the money on alot of what he talks about, maybe if more of us hadn't sat here in mute resignation, we wouldn't be starring down the barrel of IMF intervention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

studiorat wrote: »
    Looks like JB is afraid to come on here and actually have someone disagree with him in public.

I'll be here...

It's in fact the other way around. You brought the war to him.

He's thrown down the gaunlet to the two of yous to meet him for debate, and he knows that keyboard warriors like yourself will in fact be useless in real time discussion.All bark and no dog.

. All we're doing is discussing his opinions from his videos, which he's entitled to hold even if I disagree with some of them.

Vultures?

Ego tripping Vultures indeeed .

Discussing, Is that what you call it ?.:rolleyes:

BumbleB wrote: »
    It's in fact the other way around. You brought the war to him.

War?!?! It looks pretty bad when he's making a point centred around Leinster house and he's got the wrong building in the picture. Doesn't say much for his fact checking.
    He's thrown down the gaunlet to the two of yous to meet him for debate, and he knows that keyboard warriors like yourself will in fact be useless in real time discussion.All bark and no dog.

Sorry still haven't watched the video but will get to it. The problem with meeting for a debate is that often the person who will shout loudest will at least control the debate. I think we already know who will shout loudest. This is a discussion forum and we can have a discussion here. A discussion where we can all link to our facts so they can be checked. I assume everyone wants a debate where opinions can be shown to be factual or not, right?
    Ego tripping Vultures indeeed .

I'm hoping in the future that I'll go one whole week in this forum without someone trying to insult me in some way. Doesn't seem like too much to ask. I don't bother to report the posts as crying over what some stranger on the internet says about me seems fairly sad.
    Discussing, Is that what you call it ?.:rolleyes:

Well yeah... this is a discussion forum after all. He has a fan-boy forum for himself on youtube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 honk bogart

Why dont you guys take up the offer?

Your really big fellas hiding behind the annonamous internet, come out from hiding and take up the offer to a debate face to face.

I'm new here, but it took me all of 5 minutes to work out what your made of, and it dont smell good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tinfoil hatchet

Sorry still haven't watched the video but will get to it. The problem with meeting for a debate is that often the person who will shout loudest will at least control the debate. I think we already know who will shout loudest. This is a discussion forum and we can have a discussion here. A discussion where we can all link to our facts so they can be checked. I assume everyone wants a debate where opinions can be shown to be factual or not, right?

So thats a no.:rolleyes:

Why dont you guys take up the offer?

Your really big fellas hiding behind the annonamous internet, come out from hiding and take up the offer to a debate face to face.

I'm new here, but it took me all of 5 minutes to work out what your made of, and it dont smell good.

Just so you know the internet isn't really anonymous and you can't smell things over it.

My point from viewing some of his videos is his facts appear to not be so factual. Now there's plenty wrong with Ireland right now so no need to make anything up or exaggerate. A face to face debate wouldn't address what's fact or not. He's the one making these claims so he should be backing them up, so far I've haven't seen that happen. He's very entitled to his opinion but unless he shows it's more than his opinion I for one won't be meeting him.

But let's be very clear about this I don't think any good can come from meeting him but I have no fear of doing so. I don't give a flying fúck if anyone here wants to suggest I'm afraid to meet the guy so save your breath.

Oh and BTW you strike me as a rereg.
    So thats a no.:rolleyes:

Should I state the obvious now too? Does this mean fact checking isn't important to you? Cause if you just want to be his cheerleader let me know, maybe I can get you some pom poms and a ra ra.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

War?!?! It looks pretty bad when he's making a point centred around Leinster house and he's got the wrong building in the picture. Doesn't say much for his fact checking.

He rectified this in one of his videos. He was showing the back of the building in order to show it's vast size and magnificence.

Which in turn shows your fact checking... To be honest you have just put this guy down from the start without giving his videos a listen.. Seems kind of trollish to me!

Also where is there any facts to back up your claims that he is wrong?

jay-me wrote: »
    He rectified this in one of his videos. He was showing the back of the building in order to show it's vast size and magnificence.

To be honest this isn't the main thing off with that video. That said he's not showing the back of the building. He's showing Government Buildings which were built roughly 150 years after Leinster House and had nothing whatsoever to do with the Duke of Leinster.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leinster_House
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_Buildings

Here's Leinster House

And here's government buildings as seen from the angle in yer mans video.

And finally here is what google maps thinks is Leinster House... the Natural History Museum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

To be honest this isn't the main thing off with that video. That said he's not showing the back of the building. He's showing Government Buildings which were built roughly 150 years after Leinster House and had nothing whatsoever to do with the Duke of Leinster.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leinster_House
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_Buildings

But he explained his choice of picture in one of his video's. Something to do with the amount of windows or something. But anyway before you bash someone you could at least watch his videos.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 doppel ganger

Just so you know the internet isn't really anonymous and you can't smell things over it.

My point from viewing some of his videos is his facts appear to not be so factual. Now there's plenty wrong with Ireland right now so no need to make anything up or exaggerate. A face to face debate wouldn't address what's fact or not. He's the one making these claims so he should be backing them up, so far I've haven't seen that happen. He's very entitled to his opinion but unless he shows it's more than his opinion I for one won't be meeting him.

But let's be very clear about this I don't think any good can come from meeting him but I have no fear of doing so. I don't give a flying fúck if anyone here wants to suggest I'm afraid to meet the guy so save your breath.

Oh and BTW you strike me as a rereg.

Should I state the obvious now too? Does this mean fact checking isn't important to you? Cause if you just want to be his cheerleader let me know, maybe I can get you some pom poms and a ra ra.

Your afraid of him, just admit it:rolleyes:, this is funny, all mouth no action, nothing more could be expected really.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement