Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

you have to watch this guys videos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Extremely interesting and insightful individual.....Cheers OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

joebucks wrote: »
    The freemasons have been linked to all sorts of different conspiracies so I was wondering if people here had more info about Freemason connections to influential Irish people and what not.

Well, while our friend from the North gives us his thoughts on the class struggle which I find irrelevant, the slave trade is heart wrenching and all but it was generations ago.

The CT'ers immediately look for a connection with their favorite "love to hate" group, this time the Freemasons. And everybody misses the point once again. That being, as long as this country continues to use the systems of government put in place by the British at the turn of last century, the Government here will continue to be populated by gombeen men.

How else but through proportional representation and constituency politics can someone like Brian Cowan be taoiseach and both his father and his brother be involve in party politics at a local level. Cowan represents only a fraction of the TD's and Councilors in this country who took over seats from family members.

The nepotism in Irish politics and the Irish legal system makes anything the Freemasons get up to pale into insignificance. I suppose it suits the powers that be that everyone is more worried about the freemasons and the jews or who ever else you choose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

studiorat wrote: »
    Well, while our friend from the North gives us his thoughts on the class struggle which I find irrelevant, the slave trade is heart wrenching and all but it was generations ago.

The CT'ers immediately look for a connection with their favorite "love to hate" group, this time the Freemasons. And everybody misses the point once again. That being, as long as this country continues to use the systems of government put in place by the British at the turn of last century, the Government here will continue to be populated by gombeen men.

How else but through proportional representation and constituency politics can someone like Brian Cowan be taoiseach and both his father and his brother be involve in party politics at a local level. Cowan represents only a fraction of the TD's and Councilors in this country who took over seats from family members.

The nepotism in Irish politics and the Irish legal system makes anything the Freemasons get up to pale into insignificance. I suppose it suits the powers that be that everyone is more worried about the freemasons and the jews or who ever else you choose.

That's a fair opinion of what the situation appears to be. However this is the conspiracy theory forum. The reason this forum is here is so people can put forward alternative hypotheses. Thanks for your contribution.

That's a fair opinion of what the situation appears to be. However this is the conspiracy theory forum. The reason this forum is here is so people can put forward alternative hypotheses. Thanks for your contribution.

The bleedin' illumaniti or the freemasons taking over the planet is not an alternative hypothesis!!!! You can buy friggin' books on them in the airport bookshop for crissakes. It's a whole industry...

The bleedin' illumaniti or the freemasons taking over the planet is not an alternative hypothesis!!!! You can buy friggin' books on them in the airport bookshop for crissakes. It's a whole industry...

You really seem to fell strongly about this. Maybe you should make a few youtube videos and get the word out so.

• Advertisement

You really seem to fell strongly about this. Maybe you should make a few youtube videos and get the word out so.

Yeah! Something for you to watch for your "research". :rolleyes:

Yeah! Something for you to watch for your "research". :rolleyes:

Nice one..Looking forward to it..What topics are you gonna cover? When can we expect the first webisode?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Lads take the flirting to PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

New video today lads.

Seems when you get a mortgage for say 300,000 grand you end up paying back 700,000 odd grand back to the bank. Is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,122 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Just another anti-Catholic Church rant *yawn*

As for your question. He says that the average 20 year mortgage will cost 2.5 times the amount over the 20 years....this is true only if you are paying an average of 11% interest over the life of the loan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭constance tench

if a house remains 100 years... how many times could a bank finance the same property?

digme wrote: »

New video today lads.

Seems when you get a mortgage for say 300,000 grand you end up paying back 700,000 odd grand back to the bank. Is this true?

Cheers for the link Digme. He gets a couple of points wrong in his vid, but his overall message is great. JB Yeats for Taosieach?

. JB Yeats for Taosieach?

well hes certainly vague enough with his facts and figures to be taoiseach.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Carra23

He may not have his facts and figures right but his principle is spot on. The guys a legend and if we'd a few more like him we may be able to do something about our problems. Any one have his name ? I could listen to him all day . Good video cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Carra23 wrote: »
    He may not have his facts and figures right but his principle is spot on. The guys a legend and if we'd a few more like him we may be able to do something about our problems. Any one have his name ? I could listen to him all day . Good video cheers

Sweet Jesus we don't need more like him. People who sit in ranting judgement of anyone they see as better than them. Most of what he says is simply wrong. This guy would be everything that can be wrong with democracy, rule by the mob.

If he even made an attempt at basic fact checking I'd give him some credit. But that of course assumes he doesn't already know and he's lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

meglome wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus we don't need more like him. People who sit in ranting judgement of anyone they see as better than them. Most of what he says is simply wrong. This guy would be everything that can be wrong with democracy, rule by the mob.

If he even made an attempt at basic fact checking I'd give him some credit. But that of course assumes he doesn't already know and he's lying.

Don't exactly see you backing up your statements either. :rolleyes:

meglome wrote: »

Lighten up brother ! His facts are way off I think I said that , I know you don't pay 750k back on a 300k mortgage but the celtic tiger defo was an illusion. I find the fella entertaining especially with the way he is so calm one second and then BOOM he just explodes into a rage but just as quickly as the rage explodes he is calm again ! ! ! Priceless.

I also loved the bit where he said he overheard people talking about their house prices and went over to ask them about it , at the end he says his wife had to come over to get him away cause he was getting a bit carried away . I could just picture him exploding in front of a group of strangers the way he does in the video , excellent !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Lighten up brother ! His facts are way off I think I said that , I know you don't pay 750k back on a 300k mortgage but the celtic tiger defo was an illusion. I find the fella entertaining especially with the way he is so calm one second and then BOOM he just explodes into a rage but just as quickly as the rage explodes he is calm again ! ! ! Priceless.

Hey no problem. Just given the number of rants I'm getting in real life and on boards it's getting pretty tiresome. And usually the rants have some grain of fact but are wildly off base.
    jay-me wrote: »
    Don't exactly see you backing up your statements either. :rolleyes:

You're right.
    • Ireland’s top 0.5% of earners, the 11,714 people who earned more than €275,000 in a year, paid almost 18% of all income tax, over €2bn in total. Their average tax rate was 27.5%.
    • Almost 770,000 people earned less than €17,000. Understandably, given tax credits, these workers paid a tiny amount of tax, €20m in total. Their average tax rate was about 0.5%.
    • It’s in the middle, though, where things seem to go all screwy. The median earner, earning about €25,000, paid just 4% in income tax! As I argued before, we seem to have got ourselves into a situation where the typical Irish worker pays hardly any income tax and yet seems to think they are heavily taxed.

http://www.ronanlyons.com/2009/07/28/a-little-quiz-on-irelands-income-tax/

As I already pointed out in this thread the elites he speaks of actually include most of us.

Yeah let's tax the rich... oh wait we already are.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Wow.

Barking.

DeV.

digme wrote: »

Like his vids but he never gives his opinion on what all this means for the average Joe or what we could do to fix it ! He said at the end he doesn't want to be the prophet of doom but that's what he is at the minute :eek: Look forward to the next video though :D

:o

Is he taking the p!ss or what ? serious question by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

this lad is not far of the mark!

I believe him.

Is he taking the p!ss or what ? serious question by the way

he's deadly serious..read the articles attached for a better overview of the situ..His impersonations of Papa Paul and Logiollo are priceless..'Say hello to Bono!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

DeVore wrote: »
    Wow.

Barking.

DeV.

That's really unfair. Has this guy said anything that's untrue? Was NAMA not set up just to pay off massive loans for certain people using tax payer's money? Are these people being chased to pay back this huge sum of money? Regular people are being kicked out of their homes or having the electricity shut off but the people who caused this mess get off clean as a whistle. Is this not the case?

That's really unfair. Has this guy said anything that's untrue? Was NAMA not set up just to pay off massive loans for certain people using tax payer's money? Are these people being chased to pay back this huge sum of money? Regular people are being kicked out of their homes or having the electricity shut off but the people who caused this mess get off clean as a whistle. Is this not the case?

Good shout you are spot on but not sure if I can take the fella in the vids seriously or not. I mean it's great making these videos to try wake people up n give them a smack of reality but what then ? He offers no opinion or solution and not that I expect him to have one but at least he could offer his own thoughts on the matter. I think the problem is that it's easier to ignore the message people like him try to send rather than face up to the reality of the situation

Good shout you are spot on but not sure if I can take the fella in the vids seriously or not. I mean it's great making these videos to try wake people up n give them a smack of reality but what then ? He offers no opinion or solution and not that I expect him to have one but at least he could offer his own thoughts on the matter. I think the problem is that it's easier to ignore the message people like him try to send rather than face up to the reality of the situation
    teach a man to fish ....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

I know you don't pay 750k back on a 300k mortgage but the celtic tiger defo was an illusion.

Of course you could. It depends on the length of course - all those "affordable" mortgages in the boom for first time buys, where the affordability was reduced by increasing the term - they will easily, assuming very low interest rates - be paying back double.

On a 40 year loan for every 100 you draw out you pay back 100 * 1.0x^40. Which at 2% for the entire time of the load would be 220. At 5% it would be 700.

at 10% its 4500.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement