Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

you have to watch this guys videos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

meglome wrote: »
    This the one where he says we misrepresented him in the middle of him misrepresenting the whole of boards.ie?

I think so, its the one that he mentions that one of you accused him of been in the IRA & a silly argument about government buildings. I feel it gives boards a bad name.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I think so, its the one that he mentions that one of you accused him of been in the IRA & a silly argument about government buildings. I feel it gives boards a bad name.

And what do you think about all the things he says in his videos that are not correct?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

Just watched this guys video about the 2 members here:eek: I hope you apologised to him

Um why?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Di0genes wrote: »
    Um why?

There are none so blind as those who will not see !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

No a nurse and a guard are not working class. They are easily able to earn 100k a year as a family, that's not even close to working class.

HAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHA.....mental! Not even close!

• Advertisement

cursai wrote: »
    No a nurse and a guard are not working class. They are easily able to earn 100k a year as a family, that's not even close to working class.

HAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHA.....mental! Not even close!

Not on their first day in the job they won't no. But I've seen figures over in Politics which shows this to be true with a few years experience and overtime. I'll have to find them.
    Duiske wrote: »

A lot of what he says is wrong and he gives no sources for all the rest. So people who blindly believe him might need to question that.

Well no, For example I've a friend who'd be tempted to get her guide dog to give you a friendly bite for such a inane platitude.*

JBYeats is a complete idiot. If he's reading this, he should understand that

A) Boards.ie is not a "blogging site" it's a message board.

B) If he wants to discuss his theories he should log on here, I'm not wasting my time having a debate on his youtube channel were he can censor/block/ignore comments he doesn't like. Thats not a forum for a open honest discussions about his ideas.

C) Theres not a peep from people about the fact that he threatens two boards.ie members in his video.

* this is a joke, guide dogs don't bite**

** However "none so blind as those who cannot see"? What does that even mean?

Not on their first day in the job they won't no. But I've seen figures over in Politics which shows this to be true with a few years experience and overtime. I'll have to find them.

Everyones wages o up after a few years. I know members of An Garda Siochana who have 30 yrs service and barely get 50,000 after tax. Take into consideration the hours they work, the irregular sleeping patterns, the abuse they take, stress etc....this is even enough. Its disgraceful when someone begrudges a vital part of our society for their wages.

What do you want?.....Gards earning minimum wage...Cause some of them earn just under €15.00 an hour after tax.

People who make comments like this haven't even put one bit of consideration into the hidden expenses (having to commute long distances...move your family...) of being a garda. Just pure begrudgery.

Overtime!!!! HAHAHA Half of it is gone in tax. By the time you drive from home ON YOUR DAY OFF to court, youve spent at least ten euro on petrol, have to buy lunch, nothing is made of it.

PLEASE stop this rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

C) Theres not a peep from people about the fact that he threatens two boards.ie members in his video.

He's threatening people now? Tell me more...

So, what you spewed forth, ie, your Stickie comment and link, were a factually correct representation of JB's political viewpoint ?

Yes, his rant is standard Workers Party sh1te. I'm astounded anybody actually thinks there's any originality there at all.

• Advertisement

Everyones wages o up after a few years. I know members of An Garda Siochana who have 30 yrs service and barely get 50,000 after tax. Take into consideration the hours they work, the irregular sleeping patterns, the abuse they take, stress etc....this is even enough. Its disgraceful when someone begrudges a vital part of our society for their wages.

What do you want?.....Gards earning minimum wage...Cause some of them earn just under €15.00 an hour after tax.

People who make comments like this haven't even put one bit of consideration into the hidden expenses (having to commute long distances...move your family...) of being a garda. Just pure begrudgery.

Overtime!!!! HAHAHA Half of it is gone in tax. By the time you drive from home ON YOUR DAY OFF to court, youve spent at least ten euro on petrol, have to buy lunch, nothing is made of it.

PLEASE stop this rubbish.

Hold your horsies there. I did not at any stage say they should or shouldn't get the money. I simply pointed out they are not 'working class' in the sense it's meant, which is true. I'm far from being a begrudger nor did I show any begrudgery towards them.

Now on the subject of the money. Maybe you can show me another country where the Police and Nurses get paid more?

Hold your horsies there. I did not at any stage say they should or shouldn't get the money. I simply pointed out they are not 'working class' in the sense it's meant, which is true. I'm far from being a begrudger nor did I show any begrudgery towards them.

Now on the subject of the money. Maybe you can show me another country where the Police and Nurses get paid more?

TRUST ME! I'm working class! I have no assets or massive disposeable income to my name. Every penny is accounted for. i dont know what other policing services earn. I know that its expensive to live in Ireland, i know that i have to think carefully about things before i buy.
    I think theres an awful misconception about the Gardai in this country. If you see a guard driving a big car or having a good house its because they have a brilliant and very supportive credit union(practically communist).

TRUST ME! I'm working class! I have no assets or massive disposeable income to my name. Every penny is accounted for. i dont know what other policing services earn. I know that its expensive to live in Ireland, i know that i have to think carefully about things before i buy.
    I think theres an awful misconception about the Gardai in this country. If you see a guard driving a big car or having a good house its because they have a brilliant and very supportive credit union(practically communist).

Firstly this isn't a conspiracy theory. Secondary I was specifically talking about a Guard and nurse as a couple. Thirdly at no point did I criticize so why direct these comments at me.

Want to tell us what this poor salary of your is?

Firstly this isn't a conspiracy theory. Secondary I was specifically talking about a Guard and nurse as a couple. Thirdly at no point did I criticize so why direct these comments at me.

Want to tell us what this poor salary of your is?

Firstly: I know its not a conspiracy theory and you indulged in the argument too. Although there is a conspiracy theory as such in that you think Gardai earn what your told they earn.

Secondly: Because you were the one talking to me! I dont understand!

Thirdly: i earned €39,000 last year before tax.

studiorat wrote: »
    He's threatening people now? Tell me more...

4:22 mark ish he says "studiorat you'd better watch yourself". It's a pretty unambiguous and sinister threat.

Sweet jesus I had to listen to 4'22 of his crap just to get to that. The man has verbal diarrhoea.

Firstly: I know its not a conspiracy theory and you indulged in the argument too. Although there is a conspiracy theory as such in that you think Gardai earn what your told they earn.

No I think some earn that much, as a couple. It was a general point about what's working class and what isn't nowadays.
    Secondly: Because you were the one talking to me! I dont understand!

You quoted my comment about nurses and guards which is why I replied. I replied too because I didn't say anything bad about them which you seemed to think I had.
    Thirdly: i earned €39,000 last year before tax.

No offence to you but if you find it difficult to live on 39 grand a year then I suggest you need to look at how you're living. I'm self employed and with the recession I'm not earning that kind of money but even earning less I used to go away for two months every year.

No I think some earn that much, as a couple. It was a general point about what's working class and what isn't nowadays.

You quoted my comment about nurses and guards which is why I replied. I replied too because I didn't say anything bad about them which you seemed to think I had.

No offence to you but if you find it difficult to live on 39 grand a year then I suggest you need to look at how you're living. I'm self employed and with the recession I'm not earning that kind of money but even earning less I used to go away for two months every year.

I dont find it difficult to LIVE on that, its not massive either mind. But i DO find it difficult to earn it. i DO put in the hours.
    Again i was doing a little web digging there for police force wages and the pay is definitely relevant to the cost of living. English police have about the same wages.

Gonna get out of this argument now before a MOD starts giving out. As you said its not a conspiracy, although it is a false theory.

See ya later Meglome

Yes, his rant is standard Workers Party sh1te.

Maybe you should qualify those remarks with an "in my opinion", because, given the guys denial of any connection with that particularly group, you stating it as fact is clearly you pulling facts out of your hole.

Maybe you should qualify those remarks with an "in my opinion", because, given the guys denial of any connection with that particularly group, you stating it as fact is clearly you pulling facts out of your hole.

Do you seriously think what he's saying is any different? Enlighten us then...
    As far as I can se it's still run of the mill SWP doctrine.

@ JBYEATS, still no citation of the Slave trade. Who's telling you this?

4:22 mark ish he says "studiorat you'd better watch yourself". It's a pretty unambiguous and sinister threat.

Sweet jesus I had to listen to 4'22 of his crap just to get to that. The man has verbal diarrhoea.

THat's the trouble with people like him. You don't agree with a point of view and you get threats.

• Advertisement

** However "none so blind as those who cannot see"? What does that even mean?

No idea. Where did you get it from ? And what has it got to do with me ?

No idea. Where did you get it from ? And what has it got to do with me ?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68965239&postcount=155

Your post 155 on this thread.

Oh. Dear.

Posted by me.
    duiske wrote:

Posted by you
    di0genes wrote:
    "none so blind as those who cannot see"

Spot. The. Difference.

Posted by me.

Posted by you

Spot. The. Difference.

Not really aside from Pedantry. What on earth are you trying to say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

@ JBYEATS, still no citation of the Slave trade. Who's telling you this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/6366251.stm

http://www.jmr.nmm.ac.uk/server/show/ConJmrBookReview.180/outputRegister/lowhtml#content

http://www.historyireland.com/volumes/volume15/issue3/features/?id=164

The information is easily found by anyone who bothers to look. Ireland's aristocracy was heavily involved in the slave trade and benefited greatly from it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/6366251.stm

http://www.jmr.nmm.ac.uk/server/show/ConJmrBookReview.180/outputRegister/lowhtml#content

http://www.historyireland.com/volumes/volume15/issue3/features/?id=164

The information is easily found by anyone who bothers to look. Ireland's aristocracy was heavily involved in the slave trade and benefited greatly from it.

Well you and dusk obviously didn't look too hard. I've read all of those sources and many more. It doesn't say anything about Edward Fitzgerald at all there does it? You just filled in the gaps with what you wanted to hear, it's quite typical really.

As I mentioned the Irish working class were heavily involved in the slave trade too. In fact Nini Rodgers who you quote, supplies information regarding the rape of a pregnant woman onboard a ship by one of the Irish sailors running the ship. IN fact it was your "aristocracy" who began, supported and followed through with the abolition of slavery in England and Ireland. Right up to the death, there were Irish workers and merchants, who were against it's abolition. Yet you've been fooled into Yeats' mis-information because he's giving you what you WANT to hear.

Still no source for Fitzgerald being a slave trader. They didn't really need the slave trade they owned most of Kildare and Meath as I said already.

However if you insist on using JBYeatski's analogy, you need to extend it to Dublin, Belfast, Liverpool, London and half the large cities in Europe were build on the slave trade.

I really would be interested to read of the Fitzgerald's sources of income, because there seems to be no mention of slaves only rental from tennant farmers etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

Well you and dusk obviously didn't look too hard. I've read all of those sources and many more. It doesn't say anything about Edward Fitzgerald at all there does it? You just filled in the gaps with what you wanted to hear, it's quite typical really.

As I mentioned the Irish working class were heavily involved in the slave trade too. In fact Nini Rodgers who you quote, supplies information regarding the rape of a pregnant woman onboard a ship by one of the Irish sailors running the ship. IN fact it was your "aristocracy" who began, supported and followed through with the abolition of slavery in England and Ireland. Right up to the death, there were Irish workers and merchants, who were against it's abolition. Yet you've been fooled into Yeats' mis-information because he's giving you what you WANT to hear.

Still no source for Fitzgerald being a slave trader. They didn't really need the slave trade they owned most of Kildare and Meath as I said already.

However if you insist on using JBYeatski's analogy, you need to extend it to Dublin, Belfast, Liverpool, London and half the large cities in Europe were build on the slave trade.

I really would be interested to read of the Fitzgerald's sources of income, because there seems to be no mention of slaves only rental from tennant farmers etc.

Just so we're all on the same page here, we are discussing James FitzGerald, 1st Duke of Leinster, not his son Edward. I'm not sure there's any point in discussing this if you don't even know who we're talking about.

Just so we're all on the same page here, we are discussing James FitzGerald, 1st Duke of Leinster, not his son Edward. I'm not sure there's any point in discussing this if you don't even know who we're talking about.

Just so we're all on the same page here are either of them mentioned in those links?

Caught a bit of QI earlier and they stated that there are an estimated 27 million people in effective slavery now. Way more than there ever was when slavery was legal. Haven't checked the number but wouldn't be surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

The amount of people that will see jbs vids now is huge, fair play to max for hosting the vid on his site, this is massive.
    Max likes people who speak the truth, and JB is the man !!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement