Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Important changes at RapidShare.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gaw_

Megaupload seems to be the way to go now. Once my rapids expire any day now, I shall be moving over to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

Have been using hotfile for the past 3 months and have had a lot more crc errors when extracting in comparison to when I was using Rapidshare.

I am not too sure if this is down to hotfile or the uploaders?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Super Drogs

I'm only after realizing this latest shambles from Rapidshare!! :mad:

My Rapids suddenly ran out when I thought I was good till after Christmas! 99 - 495 Rapids? That's a huge jump!! Gits!!

I suppose they haven't been getting any money in, in the last 3 or 4 months, as every existing account was good for months and years with the structure they had! Although it would've been nice to recieve an e-mail off them!

So anyway, is in not worthwhile renewing my account with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

I'm only after realizing this latest shambles from Rapidshare!! :mad:

My Rapids suddenly ran out when I thought I was good till after Christmas! 99 - 495 Rapids? That's a huge jump!! Gits!!

I suppose they haven't been getting any money in, in the last 3 or 4 months, as every existing account was good for months and years with the structure they had! Although it would've been nice to recieve an e-mail off them!

So anyway, is in not worthwhile renewing my account with them?

I sent them a mail and told them to remove my details from their database. The least they could have done was to have let people know they were yet again changing their terms, and anyway it was becoming harder and harder to find rapidshare files and it was not worth it anymore. I don't reckon they will be around for much longer, everyone I know have basically told them to f*** off.

I have been using myDownloader.net for the last week.

Basically they subscribe to most of the file services "Rapidshare , Hotfile, etc " , 12 in total.

This might come in handy as supposing to having multiple accounts.

5.99 a month and there is other packages available.

So far so good, only downfall is not being able to use jdownloader and all of its magic, though all in all, it is not bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Super Drogs

They sure know how to shoot themselves in the foot!!
    They were the most popular provider for ages. The site I get my links off was 90% full of Rapidshare links, now they're dwindling.
    The last 3 months or so were perfect for downloaders (but with less links around), but they obviously weren't getting any money in!

But now that they've changed it again, at about 5 Euro a month, they're no worse than the competition right? Do Megaupload, Hotfile etc really offer anything better??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I've been with Rapidshare for the past 7 years, what they've done in the past 3 months has just un-done their huge grabble on the market and have switched my mind.

Once my account is up I'm outta there. I thought I could cope but RS links are less & less, plus Hotfile links stay alive much longer than RS. (RS have a time limit imposed on files not downloaded within a certain time period.)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

branners69 wrote: »
    Have been using hotfile for the past 3 months and have had a lot more crc errors when extracting in comparison to when I was using Rapidshare.

I am not too sure if this is down to hotfile or the uploaders?

What dl manager are you using? Havn't noticed this using flashget..

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

They sure know how to shoot themselves in the foot!!
    They were the most popular provider for ages. The site I get my links off was 90% full of Rapidshare links, now they're dwindling.
    The last 3 months or so were perfect for downloaders (but with less links around), but they obviously weren't getting any money in!

But now that they've changed it again, at about 5 Euro a month, they're no worse than the competition right? Do Megaupload, Hotfile etc really offer anything better??

I use Rapidshare and Hotfile.
    I would judge them on 3 criteria - Price, Quality / Speed of Service, and Availability of Links.

Hotfile is 55$ per year, Rapidshare is 59.70€ per year.

Rapidshare's quality / speed of service is excellent - only limitation is my broadband speed (15Mb/sec). Hotfile's service/speed has been very poor, possibly because more people have switched over to them, but not happy with them at all.

The amount of rapidshare links available, has decreased a lot over the past number of months. No single other host has grabbed all of the share - it seems to be split across 3 or 4 others. While it's harder now to grab what I want from Rapidshare, I can still get 80% of it there, albeit with a lot more looking. I can access hotfile links easier, but it takes a lot longer to download them. The reason why I subscribed to Rapidshare originally was to speed up the download times - I used to use torrents, so my preference right now is Rapidshare, but that will change if Hotfile improves it's service, or if Rapidshare links are reduced a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

dilallio wrote: »
    I use Rapidshare and Hotfile.
    I would judge them on 3 criteria - Price, Quality / Speed of Service, and Availability of Links.

Hotfile is 55$ per year, Rapidshare is 59.70€ per year.

Rapidshare's quality / speed of service is excellent - only limitation is my broadband speed (15Mb/sec). Hotfile's service/speed has been very poor, possibly because more people have switched over to them, but not happy with them at all.

The amount of rapidshare links available, has decreased a lot over the past number of months. No single other host has grabbed all of the share - it seems to be split across 3 or 4 others. While it's harder now to grab what I want from Rapidshare, I can still get 80% of it there, albeit with a lot more looking. I can access hotfile links easier, but it takes a lot longer to download them. The reason why I subscribed to Rapidshare originally was to speed up the download times - I used to use torrents, so my preference right now is Rapidshare, but that will change if Hotfile improves it's service, or if Rapidshare links are reduced a lot more.

I'm in the exact same boat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Big Lar

NoDrama wrote: »

Basically they subscribe to most of the file services "Rapidshare , Hotfile, etc " , 12 in total.

So far so good, only downfall is not being able to use jdownloader and all of its magic, though all in all, it is not bad.

Hows that going for ya ?, My Rapidshare account is up one of those days and this could be the thing for me.

Big Lar wrote: »
    Hows that going for ya ?, My Rapidshare account is up one of those days and this could be the thing for me.

Going grand, though not using it that much, up to my eyes, it gives the 3GB a day allowance and it accumulates to 15GB max.

The only downfall is that I'm not using jdownloader to handle the extraction, etc, though, they do provide their own download manager, I am on a Mac, or Linux, so can't avail of that and use their web interface instead. And I am getting the top speed from whatever ISP, network I happen to be on, though there is some latency ( can be up to 10 seconds), as they are fetching the file from whichever provider to their servers.

Also, they are based in the Ukraine.
    Not that should matter really.

I paid for the month and so far so good, and I'll say I'll go again next month also, I be a bit hesitant to pay 3 or more months incase the service is pulled or the service degrades.

Again, so far, so good.

It gives the 3GB a day allowance and it accumulates to 15GB max.

15GB over a month ???....... Jesus that's not much in the greater scheme of things.

Soz My bad it was in the FAQ
    : How many Gbs I can download per day with my premium account?
    A: Download limit for premium users is 3Gb per day. However if you are not used your full 3Gb per day the rest transfers to the next day so you can collect up to 15Gb.

I have that as well, it doesn't support hotfile or a few others that are getting big these days

Going grand, though not using it that much, up to my eyes, it gives the 3GB a day allowance and it accumulates to 15GB max.

The only downfall is that I'm not using jdownloader to handle the extraction, etc, though, they do provide their own download manager, I am on a Mac, or Linux, so can't avail of that and use their web interface instead. And I am getting the top speed from whatever ISP, network I happen to be on, though there is some latency ( can be up to 10 seconds), as they are fetching the file from whichever provider to their servers.

Also, they are based in the Ukraine.
    Not that should matter really.

I paid for the month and so far so good, and I'll say I'll go again next month also, I be a bit hesitant to pay 3 or more months incase the service is pulled or the service degrades.

Again, so far, so good.

jdownloader works great but as a program, it is utter rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭techguy

Is anybody using FileServer..?

I am beginning to notice a steady increase in it's popularity!

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭eirman

You can use Jdownloaderer with mydownloader.net links. I find the main limitation with JD is that hosts cannot be configured individually. This is makes it impossible to use premium and non-premium accounts simultaneously.

I'm well into my second 6 months with Mydownloader. Overall it's quite good, but I dont think they will ever get hotfile working.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Chaos Marine

MediaFire 'Nuff said.

MediaFire 'Nuff said.

lol no

• Advertisement

Is there any Paypal option on My downloader, I never heard of the options that they are offering

12-11-201019-25-20.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

If you are in to multiple hosts I see Leechpack is fairly popular too with alot of sites.

They even do torrents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

AntiRip wrote: »
    If you are in to multiple hosts I see Leechpack is fairly popular too with alot of sites. There is also a months free trial available if you like to test it out.

They even do torrents.
    it's coming up as a days free trial, then €10 every month with no option to just try it out like myDownloader. you have to give credit card details to get the trial.

EDIT: that "trial" is €7 to get...really free :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

whiteman19 wrote: »
    it's coming up as a days free trial, then €10 every month with no option to just try it out like myDownloader. you have to give credit card details to get the trial.

EDIT: that "trial" is €7 to get...really free :rolleyes:

Sorry thought it was a month. €7 free trial :D sure yeah :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭techguy

Megaupload prices are the same when quoted in USD and EUR, it's just the currency is different.

I got quoted in USD when I accessed site through a proxy. Gonna see if it holds when I place my order.. Shouldn't be a problem though.

yoyo wrote: »
    What dl manager are you using? Havn't noticed this using flashget..

Nick

Have been using Internet Download Manager, could it be a problem with IDM?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

branners69 wrote: »
    Have been using Internet Download Manager, could it be a problem with IDM?

I think there was a bug in older versions of IDM that caused this, have you tried updating to the latest version of IDM?

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    I think there was a bug in older versions of IDM that caused this, have you tried updating to the latest version of IDM?

Nick

I have just updated to a beta version there, I will re-download what I had a problem with to see if it happens again! Cheers!

AntiRip wrote: »
    If you are in to multiple hosts I see Leechpack is fairly popular too with alot of sites.

They even do torrents.

I signed up to leechpack, it was a bit fiddly at first but now that I have gotten used to it I am very pleased. Not cheap thou €19.99 for 3 months but for multiple hosts I suppose its not to bad at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Came across this one today. Duckload.com. With it I can max out my connection (4mb), and resume broken downloads. You can also download more than one file at a time. The best part is you don't have to pay, or sign up or anything. It's FREE. I does have that captcha, and an annoying pop up( is there any other kind? ) :) . The files I downloaded were 1gb each. It doesn't work with jdownloader, and I don't know about any other download managers. I didn't have to renew my ip, either, to start a new file.

It's the first time I saw one of these hosting sites, that has so much flexibility for a free user.

I still have my rapidshare account, but rarely use it these days

Advertisement