Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot Of Your Story - FM 11

Options
  • 04-11-2010 2:14am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If a mod wants to merge this with the previous thread, fair enough, just thought with a new game and all, it might be easier to have separate threads....

Last year I brought Champions League glory with Fleetwood Town, however after being promoted to the BSP this season I have to pick a new club.

F2007.gif

I decided on Farnborough as I lived near there for just over a year.
    Farnborough were founded in 2007 and are a semi-professional club based in Blue Square South. They play their home games at Rushmoor Stadium and are affectionately known as Boro.

Minimum expectations are to achieve a respectable league position.

I have been given a transfer budget of 5k and a weekly wage budget of 6.26k.

This should be easily achievable as according to my assistant manager I have four 4.5* players and one 5* player

This guy looks to be my star man.

5144644372_a60b3157fa.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Blue Square South - runners up (promoted after beating Braintree 1-0)
    FA Cup - First round
    FA Trophy - Final (Lost on penalties to Histon)

Top Scorer - Paul Dunphy - 21
    Most assists - Ismael Fofana -21
    Average rating - Ismael Fofana - 7.23 (53apps) Also got BSP signing of the season

18 players released on frees throughout the season frees as the wage budget was far too high.
    16 players brought in to give me a surplus of 1k p/w.

Kit sponsorship deal up 2k to 10k a week.

I have been asked to avoid relegation for this season and have been given

0 - transfer budget
    7.25k - wage budget

I am only 825pw below that because of contract clauses.

Main focus is to bring in some decent staff.

5147484340_b6b43966eb_z.jpg

Blue Square Premier - 2nd ( Beat Mansfield 3-2 on penalties in play off final)
    FA Cup - 1st round
    FA Trophy - 4th round

5149225174_39dbe8f1b7_b.jpg

Ismael Fofana was again awarded our Player of the year.
    Fabio Zamblera finished top scorer with 25 goals

The club have now turned professional.

I have been given a transfer budget of 20k and a wage budget of 8.5k p/w to avoid relegation.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Being a Sunderland fan I always start off as them before going for a League 2 or lower side.
    10 games into the season and I lie in 2nd place in the Premier League table.

I've beaten the Chelsea and Spurs 1-0 at home, beaten Wigan 3-1 at home drew 2-2 and 3-3 at home to Stoke and West Ham respectively, beaten Blackburn and Birmingham 3-1 away and Blackpool 3-2 away, and been hammered 4-0 off Liverpool away and I can't remember who the other game was against but I won it.

I've been playing a 4-4-2 diamond, with the following starting 11:

Gordon

Onouha Turner Bramble Richardson

Riveros

Henderson
    Al-Muhammadi

Jenas

Bent Gyan

Gyan is by far and away my best performer so far with 8 goals in 10 games. Welbeck was doing excellently before dislocating his shoulder too. Bent is working his way back from broken ribs and is starting to come into form. Al-Muhammadi and Henderson have been superb and Riveros is a beast as the holding midfielder. I feel I could improve on Onouha and Richardson (although he did score twice against Stoke to seal my comeback from 2-0 down) and I'll be looking to sign a couple of full-backs in January if I get any cash from the board.

So far, so good :cool:

nPower League 2 - 6th ( beat Rotheram 5-1 in the playoff final)
    FA Cup - First Round
    Carling Cup - First Round
    Johnstones Paint Trophy - Second Round

Top Scorer - Joel Thomas - 19 goals
    Average rating - Ismael Fofana (again)

We were sitting in automatic promotion for most of the season before our small squad succumbed to 5 straight defeats

Kit sponsorship up to 35k from 13.5k

I have promised to avoid relegation with a transfer budget of 325k and a wage budget of 23.5kper week.

My link with Gillingham has been severed as we are in the same division and QPR are my new parent club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Not a proper write up as such, but Shamrock Rovers fans... Look away :D

149019_173641822648713_100000086890858_633641_5925528_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Just finished my 1st full season so said i'd post how i'm getting on.

I took charge of German 3rd Division side SV Wehen Wiesbaden

SV_Wehen_Wiesbaden.png

The board were hoping to secure a mid table finish with a transfer budget of zero Euros, i signed a few players on free transfers and that was about it, they had a big enough squad so i was happy enough.

InfoSeason1.png?t=1289346776

One my star players for the season was one of my free signings Leo Aro, 19 goals and 19 assists earned him the German 3rd Division Player of the Year award :) I also picked up the manager of the year award :D

LeoAro.png?t=1289347258

My League position changed a lot during the season, i was about 6 points clear early in the season and was 6 points off 3rd place coming to the end of the season, we just about got there in the end, we won a play-off against the team who finished 16th in the German 2nd Division to win promotion :D

3rdDivisionPromoted.png

I still am not happy with my formation or training but i'll find something to work, depending on funds we will be hoping for a mid-table finish this season ready to build for promotion the next season, we'll see how it goes.

On the final day, they through the league away etc :D

This is now my favourite FM ever, because never before have I won anything in my first season! Really surprised how it happened though!

74294_174110405935188_100000086890858_635411_928781_n.jpg

Had a transfer budget of 0, and a wage butget of 8.75k/week. Released a couple of players and sold Danny North to Dundalk for 1k. I signed Terry Dixon, Joseph Lapira who made a huge impact upfront. Signed Clive Delaney at centre half, got a right winger from Peru (!) called Alex Becerra, a CM called Ben Webster and a young lad called Shane Williams, who looks decent according to my scout.

Brought Gareth Coughlan and Seán Stewart up from the ressies and they imporved loads over the season. Trained Coughlan to play on the left aswell as the right, and he was one of my best players over the season.

Lapira was the one who made the biggest impact IMO, scoring 26 league goals out of 30 odd games and won the Premier Division POTY award. Terry Dixon bagged 19 league goals too, and got runner up in the POTY.

2h4m9ac.png

My best starting XI was:
    Rogers
    Pender - Delaney - Kenna - Bermingham
    Becerra - Webster - Stuey Byrne - Coughlan
    Dixon - Lapira

Honourable mentions to Derek Doyle, Damien Lynch (who got into team of the year with Lapira and Dixon), Ryan Guy, Dave Mulcahy and Vinny Faherty!

Have let go quiet a few of those for the next season and have signed Karl Sheppard, Seamy Conneely and Ste O'Donnell from Galway, Liam Kearney from Drogheda and former Bolon Wanderers player Gavin McCann.

Anyway, what a first season!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,907 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Have just finished my first season, I am playing with Aston Villa and i don't think it could have gone any better,

I had an unbelievable end to the season, having 3* Cup finals in a row - *the last game was a shoot out for the final Champions league place between me and Liverpool, I had the advantage in that I was at home and that a draw would see me through - it finished 1-1.

The Fa Cup final was a remarkable story - the best game of the season by far - I won it on penalties after a 4-4 draw with Wolves!! I tried to upload the video to youtube but it wouldn't work. I had an "easy" semi final against Boro, after I got lucky in the 1/4's against United - That went to a replay at Old Trafford - in which i was missing my Irish players as they were travelling back from International duty!! United were missing a few - but they still put out a young team! I was delighted, strange seems as though they put a full strength one out in the first game.

I beat Spurs 3-1 in the Europa Final, I was a bit dissapointed in that I faced Liverpool in the quarters, Man City in the Semi's and Spurs in the Final of a European Competition :D

I had £14 million to spend at the start I think, I tried every way to get a little more, and it worked,

I sold Carew to Liverpool for £2.2 million, i tried everything to get rid of Heskey, even giving him away for free - but there was no shifting him - His wages were a real drain on me and it would have cost £6 million to release him!

transfers%20%28Small%29.png

I even tried to throw Heskey in for West Ham but they wouldn't bite. I got Fahey for free in January, he crossed the city's divide! he was cover for Downing who was always fatigued! Santa Cruz suffered a great deal from fatigue too!

Im not too sure how much they will give me for next season, I'm delighted to be in the Champions league, but to be honest I don't think I will do as well as this season! The top 3 of Chelsea (champions) Man Utd and Spurs were 18-25 points ahead of me - so there is a big gap to plug!

I think Parker and Ireland work well together, I Play a standard 442 with Ireland attacking and Parker defending, my back 4 have no license to attack at all. It worked much better for me in europe than in the league - and on top of that it worked much better away from home too.

This is my formation and selection when all is well and good

formation%20%28Small%29.png

As i mentioned Santa Cruz suffered from fatigue but never got injured thank god, Delfouneso and Stancu done well when he wasn't available.

I'm not sure where I can improve for next season, my defense was solid at times, but then leaky at times - see Fa Cup final - and a 5-1 defeat away to Bolton!

Will see how much money I have to spend before getting my hopes up - my biggest problem is wages - I need to clear a lot of deadwood this Summer - Heskey, Sidwell and Reo-Coker or Petrov to start with.

expansion%20%28Small%29.png

Just got the above bit of news, while I'm happy more people will see my work I hope to god it doesn't affect my budget next year! I have big plans for this club!!

^^

Fahey crossed the city divide, again, you mean :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,907 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

^^

Fahey crossed the city divide, again, you mean :P

Yeah :D

He was still valued at £2.3million - and their asking price was free! I had no money in January so was delighted with that, as he could cover and come on for Ireland or Parker too. He didn't set the world alight - but he done his job!

The press conference when I signed him was mad, they wouldn't stop asking me questions about him having history with Birmingham!

Birmingham beat me 3 times anyways, so there is a big blotch on my Board Confidence - I won't live it down! Twice in the league and knocked me out of the League Cup!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Ive started as Portsmouth, its a real challenege. £0 and a transfer embargo. Not to mention you only have 16 first team players, 3 of which are injured for 6 months.

Ive signed Salomon Olembe, Selim Benachour and Arnold Bruggink on free transfers and they have improved the competition for places but really Liam Lawrence is carrying the team. Ritchie De Laet on loan has done well.

Im doing ok, floating around the playoff places, think im 7th now. Cant get any consistency because John Utaka and Dave Kitson are so bloody hit and miss.

Enjoying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I've just finished my first season with Cork City. I had to start the game with their status edited to semi-pro as they're pro according to the original database. Anyway i started the season by signing Will Snowdon and John Paul Kelly on free transfers. Could'nt sign more since i was over my wage budget. Also got Shamrock Rovers as a parent club but they did'nt send us any players.

The season started well. Graham Cummins was scoring for fun but he got injured for a while around mid-season and seemed to have lost confidence and did'nt score again for the season. The team did'nt perform well towards the end of the season and we lost a lot of games.

We ended up finishing 5th which was dissappointing as we looked like pushing for promotion up until the bad run towards the end. Still the board were only looking for a respectable finish so it's ok. I now have to try and get rid of some of our crappy players and cut the wage bill down so i can sign new players. I also had a falling out with Ian Turner so i've to try and get rid of him as too. Might look for a couple of loan signings as well.

Current team
    team2011_1.jpg

League table
    leaguetable2011_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

Playing with Man United, i am in January now top of the league 4 points ahead of Arsenal. I've only been defeated once in all competitions......0-2 Liverpool at Old Trafford of all times to lose :(

I have benfica in next stage of Champ league, and have spurs in semi-final of the carling cup. Rooney started for me in great form with 9 in 12, then went 10 hours without scoring a goal! before netting a peno in a win over city so all was forgiven! Started trying hernandez and playing 442 more often while rooney was ****e and chicarito is doing well. Nani is having the season of his life for me, 8 goals and 14 assists in 21 games! There were a load of games where he would get two assists from corners in the same match.

Signed Bale for £43.5m, the fans thought it was a waste of money but he started well and scored 2 on his champ league debut.........then broke his leg in his 4th game and is out to march/april. It still says the fans "hope he can continue his impressive start" and it went from a completely negatively viewed signing to a positive on the back of them 2 goals despite him being gone most of the season.

At the start of the Jan transfer window you are allowed change your season ambition which is a nice touch, i had chosen title challenge, but the board offered me a £20m budget for the window if i changed to "Winners" which i did, and im now trying to sign either Mata or Dzeko.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Just finished my first season with Shels.

League: First Division
    My Expectation: Promotion
    Board's Expectation: Promotion
    Finishing Position: 1st (FD)
    FAI Cup: QF
    League Cup: Winners :D

Had a brilliant first season in charge. Kept the team and didn't make any signings as I was already €200 over the weekly budget. Won the league on an epic final day. I beat Longford 2-0 at home whilst Derry lost away to bottom of the table Limerick. Meaning I won the league by one point :D

http://img715.imageshack.us/i/lastdayofseason2010.jpg/
    http://img201.imageshack.us/i/1stdivisiontable.jpg/
    Best achievement of the season had to be winning the League Cup. Was a bit of a pisstake until the final as I played 2 A Championship teams and 3 First Division teams. Beat Sligo 2-0 in the final though :)

http://img87.imageshack.us/i/leaguecupfinal.jpg/

Have a lot of new players coming in next season which is definitely going to strengthen the squad. I'm just hoping they settle quickly as my expectation for next season is a mid table finish.

http://img191.imageshack.us/i/futuretransfers.jpg/

EDIT: Embedding the pictures won't work so there are the links.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

What a lucky goal my team scored against FC United in the FA Cup 2nd Qual Rnd, camera doesn't even move fast enough for the ball :P

(Almost sure I saw a video thread here before)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,175 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The good and the bad of my FM2011 game happened yesterday...

The Good: beat arsenal 2-1 in the home leg of the CL semi final. Was losing the second leg 1-0 well into injury time, creating little, heading to extra time. Ball comes to Chicharito on the edge of the box, first time curler into the top corner to equalise and win the tie, with literally seconds left. AMAZING! Got CL goal of the season too I think.

The bad: Completely unable to sell players. No one is interested in signing any of the players I want to sell Gibson has a value of 5.5million - clubs don't even show interest when I offer him around for FREE. same happened with Cleverley, and a number of other prospects. Gonna be at the club til their contract runs out. So annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Really starting to enjoy my game at the min, made two signings in the summer with City Chillieni from Juve for 35 Million euro and Javier Pastore for 40 Million euro as my playmaker and he has been the missing piece of my puzzle, he is just unreal. I'm playing him in my new system which I'll explain in a min and he has scored 15 at xmas and assisted 14, mostly crackers from well outside the box.

I decided to go for a formation that suites my team, and relies on my front men controlling the game, this has not lost a game so far this season and is VERY effective for strong squads. It is a variant 3 - 5 -2 like so..

Hart

K.Toure
    Richards
    Chillieni

Barry
    Y.Toure

Balotelli
    Pastore
    Silva/Johnson---

Dzeko Tevez

Attacking/Fluid - Instructions get ball forward/pass to feet. Idea is to hold the ball high up the pitch and let the attacking players do damage. When the ball comes back the defence and two DM are more than enough to hold off the oppostion front line and supply the ball back. Silva is a winger, Balotelli inside forward, Tevez deep lying playmaker attack and Dzeko advanced forward and they all swap positions making them extremely hard to mark.

The key here is Pastore, he is AM advanced playmaker, instruct him to try long shots often, through balls, run with ball, free role, High expressive freedom and watch him tear defences apart they can't handle him.

Away from home against strong teams who attack the wings I sometimes switch to 4-3-2-1 with the same type of idea using Pastore.

Bench is also looking decent, signed Lukuku and Wilshere and a young Brazilian regen called Kaka who looks like he could very well live up to that name with the right guidance.

Have to get some screenshots going actually.

Just finished my second season which was far more succesful and eventful than the first.

I started off the season by letting Ian Turner go on mutual termination. I also decided to cash in on Graham Cummins since he seemed to have lost his scoring boots and sold him to Lincoln for 10k. My wage budget was the same as last season so i could only afford to pay the wages i had freed up with the players that had left. I signed Francis Jeffers which surprised me but he did well at the start of the season scoring in nearly every game for our first 9-10 games although his scoring rate dropped off towards the end of the season.

We did really well for most of the season and it was really between ourselves and St.Pats for the title as we were about 20 points ahead of the third placed team coming towards the final 6 games of the season. We had a 6 point lead on pats but a bad bit of form allowed them back into the race. On the final day Pats were on 67 points and we were on 64. We were playing Monaghan and managed a 1-0 win and luckily Pats lost 1-0 to Waterford which handed us the title on goal difference.

league_table2012.jpg

A lot of my players performed well over the season and i had a couple of the younger lads like Rory Morrisey and Eoin Forde make the step up to the first team which was handy considering i could'nt sign many players. My best player for the season was John Paul Kelly who finished the season with 9 goals and 9 assists.
    jpk.jpg

I also had a good run in the FAI cup making it to the semis but we got beaten by Bohs. We also had a consortium take over which was a bit of a worry as they initially planned to replace me but decided to keep me on.

My main aim for next season is to avoid relegation which i think should be achievable with a few good signings.

Also here's my current starting 11:
    team2012.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

League: Premier Division
    My Expectation: Mid Table (5th-7th)
    Board's Expectation: Avoid Relegation
    Finishing Position: 5th
    FAI Cup: SF (1-0 loss away to Fingal)
    League Cup: SF (2-0 loss away to Rovers)
    Setanta Cup: QF (4-3 loss on agg. vs. Bohs)

premierdivision2011.jpg

Happy with the season overall. It was very very tight at the bottom of the league throughout the season so a strong enough finish put me 5th after being 8th with 3 games left.

I started the season using the same formation which I had done in the First Division the year before. This formation was an absolute disaster and I got just 4 points from my opening series of games.

results20111.jpg

Had to make a change so I devised a new 4-1-4-1 counter attacking formation which worked a treat and sent me on this run:

results20112.jpg

I have most of my players signed up for another season. At the moment I'm concentrating on getting the players who are part time to sign on full time contracts which is proving difficult with some of them. I am sceptical about how my 4-1-4-1 formation will help me progress in the league and I do think I will need to change it if I'm to pull away from relegation fighting next season.

Expectations for my third season are a 4th-6th place finish with hopefully a few of the younger players that I have signed making a breakthrough into the first team as they are going to be better than the players I have in those positions already.

nPower League 1 - 13th
    The FA Cup e.on - 1st roud
    Carling Cup - 2nd round
    St. Johnstones Trophy - semi final

A terrible start to the season. 1 win in the first 10 games and it looked highly likely that we would be going straight back down. But 5 wins out of the next 7 games gave us hope. Our form then dipped but we picked up towards the end of the season.

farnborough4.png

Mitchel Megginson was arguably my best player, scoring 16 goals in 34 games. He was signed on a free from Aberdeen, at the start of the season.

My squad was huge come the end of the season, so a lot of players will be moved along in the summer.

farnborough6.png

farnborough5.png

The board have announced our first stadium expansion with 1233 more seats being added. However they cancelled plans to build a youth academy.

On a side note I've just signed a 16 year old whoa was unhappy I put him in the u-18s, and has requested a transfer the day after he has joined :confused:

To achieve a midtable finish I have been given a transfer budget of 30 pound and 35k p/w

• Advertisement

Second season with Pats went very well. Won the league, the Setanta Cup, qualified for the group stages of the Europa League and was runner up in the League Cup. Also, got manager of the year for the second year running.

Here's how the final league table looked, I won it by around 12 points.

a3e68y.png

Because I had already won the league in the first season, the club turned from semi-pro to professional, giving me a bit more money, so I made a fair few signings. They were all free's, bar Ronan Finn, who was worth every penny of the 110k.

fnctjd.png

Ronan Finn got POTY and Joseph Lapira came 3rd in it. He was out injured for ages so didn't score as many as the first season but was still absolutely quality!

The formation/starting XI had to change a fair bit depending on who I was playing, as the fixture list got very congested! So here's the best XI for the year:

33u3mvm.png

The highlight of the year for me was qualifying for the Europa League Group Stages, which came as a bit of a shock considering it was only my second season. Cos I won the league, I got Champions League footbal, which Partizan Belgrade knocked me out of in the 3rd Qual. Round, on away goals. So I then got a chance in the Europa League Playoff Round, and got drawn against Danish side, AaB Aalborg. Got drawn away first, and I really didn't know what to expect so I played 4-1-4-1, very rigid and counter and before 35mins, I was 3-0 up! I ended up winning 4-1 on AGG.

f0n7g4.png

Got into a group with Bayer Leverkusen, Rapid Bucharest and Standard Liege. It was pretty hard, and I only drew 2 games, both against Bucharest.

1z1gpid.png

Just finished my third season and it went really well.

Summary:
    League:3rd
    FAI cup:
    League cup: Beaten in Final

So this was my first season in the Premier Division and my main aim was to avoid relegation. I had released a load of unwanted players at the end of the last season which freed up a load of wages and with all the extra money got from winning the 1st divsion and our run to the semis of the FAI cup i was given a wage budget of 9.5k (double last seasons budget) and a transfer budget of 14k.

Finding players that improved the squad was kind of hard because there were very few good players showing in the player search or my scout searches. I signed Dean Delaney (keeper), Glenn Wilson (defender) and Owain Tudor-Jones, all on frees. I was'nt able to find any other good players so i was going to leave it at that given i had kept my strongest players from last year.

However i got an agent offering a brazilian striker called Cristiano and when i saw his stats i thought i had to sign him. I got him for 6k off a Maltese team and he was unbelievable all season. His goals were valuable this season and he played a big part in our success this season.

Current First Team

Cristiano

Anyway we were well able to hold our own against the other teams in the premier bar maybe Bohs although we did manage to beat them once. They did spend 400k on transfers so they were able to run away with the league.

We hovered around mid table for most of the season but a few slip ups from Bray and UCD allowed us to move into 3rd place at the end of the season and we qualified for the Europa League.

League Table

We also had a good run in the league cup this season reaching the final. We were 2-0 up at half time but Bohs pulled one back and then at the last minute of added time they scored again to bring it to extra time and then penalties where we lost.

League Cup Final

Overall we had a brilliant season but im worried about the hangover next season so hopefully we can solidify or status as a premier divsion team.

**All the screenshots are in the links but some are a bit big because i did'nt resize them.

nPower League 1 - 9th
    FA Cup - 1st round
    Carling Cup - 1st round
    Johnstone's Paint Trophy - semi finals

A minor improvement over last season, but I was really hoping to push for promotion. Another terrible start saw us sitting bottom for almost 2 months. A change of formation, to 4-1-2-1-2 yielded better results. A 10 match unbeaten run after Christmas almost pushed us into the promotion race, but a poor finish saw us slip back down the table.

I have released 7 members of my squad which will hopefully bring the wages down and bring in some quality. My finances are not in the best of shape, 1.75m in the red.

I have been given a transfer budget of 0 and a wage budget of 31.5k p/w to finish in the top half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Hoffster

nPower Championship - Winner
    FA Cup - 4th round
    Carling Cup - 3rd round

A great first season. Mid table mediocrity was expected with 400K to spend. However, I picked up a few frees:
    Jay DeMerit was superb
    Jose Goncalves: Another legend
    Bonaventure Kalou: played very few games and released at season end

Signed a guy called Bănel Nicoliţă from Steau for ~200K. He was absolutely immense

Also picked up several loans:

Craig Eastmond from Arsenal: excelled as a DM
    Corry Evans from Man Utd

Throughout the season I loaned to cover injuries:
    Gael Kakuta from Chelsea
    Daniel Pacheo from Liverpool
    Keith Fahey from Birmingham
    Elokobi from Woves

All 4 played well and first 3 weighed in with important goals

Noel Hunt was top scorer with 17 with Howard getting 10 and Long 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 chels16

Thought I'd post up what my Bohemians team are like in July 2014. Most of the squad were brought in on free transfers so have managed to upgrade facilities,etc but crowds have only been about 4,500 so no new stadium yet! Key has just been qualifying for Champions League consistently.

http://img833.imageshack.us/i/84835707.jpg
    Squad

http://img811.imageshack.us/i/65599030.jpg
    Facilities

http://img841.imageshack.us/i/40519308.jpg
    Training

http://img233.imageshack.us/i/12304863.jpg
    League is 46th in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Finally got a game of this going. I've gone with Ashton United.

I've managed to bring in some decent players including experienced set piece magician Darren Barnard. Should have enough to stay around mid-table and build for a bright future at Hurst Cross :)

Dafuge's challenge by the way.

Ashton United, Season 1. (2011/12)

Blue Square North
    Media Prediction: 22nd
    Finished: 16th

We struggled at the start of the year, I couldn't attract any players in on loan which caused a lot of difficulty. We made it to the 1st round of the FA Cup where we lost in a replay to Mansfield Town AET. Things picked up when I reverted to a tight 4-4-2 and we hit a run of 5 straight wins at the turn of the year. The addition of a few welsh and Irish youngsters helped to boost our slim squad and we survived relegation reasonably comfortably. Hopefully next season I can clear away all of the deadwood and build something special at Hurst Cross!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Been managing AFC Telford for the past two-and-a-quarter seasons. Concurrent promotions from BSN and BSP have put me in League 2. With 10 games onto the season I'm 5th, having promised the board I'd avoid relegation. Currently beating Bournermouth 3-0 at home.

Kind of waiting for a Championship-level job to come in...can't pay coaches more than £350 a week, just gone professional...

Still, consecutive promotions - :cool:

Little update :)

StPatsAthleticvBATEInformation_Overview.png

which got me into this group

UEFAChampionsLeagueInformation_Stages.png

and also got me, this

AnthonyMorrisseyNews_Inbox.png

:D

• Advertisement

Glenn Fitzpatrick - Ashton United, Season 2. (2012/13)

Blue Square North
    Media Prediction: 22nd
    Finished: 1st

A wonderful season all around. I made sure not to make sweeping changes to the side, the back four basically stayed the same with Lee McArdle leading a sturdy defence. In the middle, I made a couple of quality additions. In particular, Sam Sheridan on a freebie, he's an Irish youngster who didn't make it at Bolton. Up front I acquired Nadir Ciftci who chipped in with 14 league goals. The real gem for me though was Claude Gnapka who was available on a free transfer after leaving Luton Town. His sheer pace terrorized defences and he was immense for me.

We had a great run in the FA Cup including a 4-1 victory over Burton Albion at home in a replay. We made it to the 4th round where West Ham beat us 4-0. Still though, the gate receipts from that game secured our finances and hopefully there's a nice wage budget for me to utilize in the Blue Square Premier.

The league went down to the last day. Harrogate, Stafford and Tamworth all had a chance to steal it from us but we did a professional job and beat Hinckley 2-0 to claim our place among the elite in non-league football.

Advertisement