Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot Of Your Story - FM 11

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

So i restarted my game with Cork City after the 11.3 update and have just finished my first season. I won the first division and also managed to win the FAI cup.

Pretty amazing considering i had a media prediction of 7th for the season. My run to the cup final was a lucky one though as i only had to face one premier division team with the rest being first division teams.

I wasnt able to sign any players as i was over my wage budget but hopefully ill be given money to strengthen the squad for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

baz2009 wrote: »
    2010/11 - Tottenham Hotspur

In:
    Leighton Baines - £12m
    Simone David - £1.5m
    Mahamadou Diarra - £2m
    Romelu Lukaku - £7m(January)

Out:
    Roman Pavlyuchenko - £200k season long loan
    Jake Livermore - loan
    Mirko Ranieri - loan
    Jamie O'Hara - £3m
    Younes Kaboul - £4.7m
    Kyle Naughton - £2.8m
    Benoit Assou-Ekotto - £3.8m
    Kudus Oyenuga - loan
    Giovanni dos Santos - loan

League:
    Started off well, unbeaten in our first 8 games - 6 wins and 2 draws - including a draw against Chelsea and a win against Arsenal - both away. We then lost to City 2-1 and drew 1-1 with Villa after going 1-0 up in both games. Patchy form from then up to Christmas put us in 10th place. We lost the first two games in the new year, but then went unbeaten up until the 36th game against Liverpool - which we duly lost 3-0. The unbeaten run, which included a 4-0 win against Arsenal, meant we were fighting with Everton for 5th place and the last Europa League spot. After the Liverpool game we played United - we won that 2-0 and Everton won their game, so they were one point ahead going into the last game. They had West Ham(10th) and we had Birmingham(18th). West Ham drew 1-1, but we lost 1-0. Absolutely raging.

Champions League:
    We got Young Boys in the qualifying round and won the tie 3-0 on aggregate. We got a fairly tough group - Real Madrid, Lyon and Rubin Kazan. We lost the first game against Madrid - but we then won our remaining 5 games to top the group. Rangers in the 1st Knockout Round - sweet! Wasn't as easy as I thought - we won 2-1 at Ibrox and drew 2-2 at WHL. We were drawn against Inter in the next round. We came from 1-0 down at WHL to draw 1-1. At the San Siro we take the lead in the first half. A minute into the second Milito scored from a header. We held out and brought it to extra-time, but my players tired and we lost 3-1(4-2).

FA+League Cup:
    Piss easy run to the semi-final in the FA Cup, MK Dons, Rochdale, Hereford and Nott'm Forest - an aggregate score of 22-2 in the four games. We then got Chelsea in the semi. Lost 1-0 in a drab game. Lost in our first game in the League Cup to Villa on penalties.

Star players:
    Gareth Bale, Leighton Baines and Rafael van der Vaart. Modric had his leg broken by Fabregas in the first game against Arsenal so he missed 6 months of the season. Bale scored 9 goals, had 11 assists, 8 MotM and an average rating of 7.4 in 31 games the Premier League. Played either LM or AML. Won English Footballer of the Year. Baines is an absolute rock and he chips in with the odd goal and assist, plus rarely missing a tackle. He played excellently with Bale on the wing when he gets forward. VDV was injured at the start of the season and it took me a while to figure out how to play him, but he's an animal. His long-range shooting is ridiculous. 9 goals, 10 assist, 4 MotM and an average rating of 7.18. The one criticism I would have is that he tires an awful lot quicker than every one else.

Formation/Team of the Year:

Gomes
    Corluka-Dawson-King-Baines
    Palacios
    Lennon
    Bale
    VDV

Defoe
    Lukaku

Lukaku wouldn't be in there only hed played class against the shít team in the cup. I played this a bit more often:

Gomes
    Corluka-Dawson-King-Baines
    Sandro
    Diarra
    Lennon
    Bale
    VDV

Defoe

Trying to make Lukaku my main striker, but it's not happening.:/ Any tips on how to play him?

My team for the start of the 2011/12 season has been:

Gomes
    Corluka--King--Gallas--Baines
    Lennon--Modric--Banega--Bale
    VDV

Lukaku

Got Banega for £5.25m as Valencia were relegated.
    My defence needs some updating - the CDs are quite old.
    The midfield is a bit weak, so for the top teams I'll probably swap Modric/VDV/Banega for Sandro or Diarra and put them DM. Tried to get De Jong, but he wanted like £200k in wages.:confused:

Beat Fulham 4-0 and Wolves 2-0 so far.

I also signed Lukuku early in my Blackpool game, bought him in by first season when he was 17. TBH he takes a while to develop into a first team player, two seasons maybe of getting off the bench and playing a few games here and there...He didn't score for 5 months for me.

BUT...he does develop into a great forward. Work his stamina up in training as it isn't great to start with. I find he plays best in a 4-2-3-1 formation as the target man striker, usually can play this role when he hits 20 or so. It's important to have two good wingers to support him and get balls into the boxes. So Bale would be perfect out on the left for you with VDV in behind him. He's 24 now in my game and is world class, first choice striker and bags around 25-30 a season at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

My team are playing cack at the moment :( losing Aguero was a huge loss, adding to that Suarez leaving for Real and Agger to Bayern as I couldn't, nay wouldn't, give him more than what he wanted for an improved contract.

Trying to blood youngsters while remaining competitive is a struggle at the moment but I'm currently unbeaten in 6 with 0 goals conceded and 10 scored.

Trying to blend the new lads is a tough one at the moment with Muniesa formerly of Barça joining me along with team mate David Villa to help fill the void of Aguero. Signed Paulo Henrique also, playing him as a tempo setter in central midfield with Defour behind and Hazard/Gotze ahead.

Trying to change my tactics to become more of a hold onto the ball type team rather than quick passing/attacking as my front line has lost valuable pace.

Also, cannot recommend Raphael Varane (of RC Lens) enough... Fantastic centre back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Finished my first season with Brighton last night.What a season.

Won the league and with 120 points. biggrin.gif
    Won the Johnstone Paint Shield
    And Suprisingly i won the League cup 1-0 against Liverpool. I think they underestimated me as they put out a very young team, and i nabbed a goal in the 87 minute through a sub, from a header.Was estastic.

So my Loanee's have to go Home, Shane Duffy was a class young central defender and he scored about 10 goals from corners.

Pacheco played really well just behind the two strikers, and has quiet a few assists.

But my biggest achievement was this young lad i brought from Man City on loan Cédric Bakambu , got him in Jan, and he played 27 games scoring 25 goals..Great record.

Got about 4 mill to spend in my second season, and im in the Championship now, so i need to get a few new recruits in.Any suggestions Boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

The insane injury glitch is píssing me off now. January of the 12/13 season and I'm missing:

Akinfeev, Clichy, Gibbs, van den Borre, Song, Annan, Hazard, Hazard, Vela, Walcott, Wilshere, Pastore and RVP.

Those bolded are first teamers and those in italics are the direct backup for those injured!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Ron, is that Dani Pacheco playing DM? Bit strange :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Sometimes a player will be moved around out of normal formation in the best 11 over the season. I've had it happen a few times where a AMC becomes a MC if the AMC's ratings are higher than the MC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

I only play on '09, but I'd rather not bump up the old thread. Can I post my stuff in here, or should I do it some place else?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

G.K. wrote: »
    I only play on '09, but I'd rather not bump up the old thread. Can I post my stuff in here, or should I do it some place else?

Post away! No point limiting this to just FM11.

Team: Arsenal - Season 3

League
    10/11 - 1st.
    11/12 - 1st.
    12/13 - 2nd.

FA Cup
    10/11 - 4th Round - Reading
    11/12 - Crystal Palace - 4th Round Replay - 1-3
    12/13 - Winner

League Cup
    10/11 - Winner
    11/12 - 3rd Round - Wolves (p)
    12/13 - 3rd Round - United

Champions League
    10/11 - Winner - Real Madrid
    11/12 - Semis - Barcelona
    12/13 - Semis - Real Madrid

Other

11/12 - Euro super Cup - Beat Spurs 2-1 in final
    11/12 - World Club Championships - Beat Internacioncal 3-0 in final

Where any team listed above is the team I was knocked out by/beat and at what stage of the competition.

Finished second in the league this year. Hit a really bad patch after Christmas where I lost and drew a lot of games in a row and morale plummeted so it was really hard to drag the squad out of it. Wasn't helped by the massive waft of injuries I sffuered from. Was missing Akinfeev, Sagna, Clichy, Fabregas, Pastore, Walcott, Nasri, RVP and RVP all at the same time. Having said that I managed to get a good run going towards the end and put United under a lot of pressure. I needed them to lose on the last day and for me to win if I was going to finish first. I won but United got the draw.

leaguetable-2.jpg

Transfer looked like such:

Transfers-1.jpg

A fair bit of turnover this year as I tried to clear out my reserve team dross. Eboué and Squillaci weren't needed so I just got rid of them for whatever price I could. Bendtner came back from his loan at Juve and Valencia were interested straight away so I was happy to let him go. Brought in Mexés on a free for a bit of experience and to tutor some younger players. van den Borre was supposed to replace Eboué but he's constantly injured and tbh, not very good so I farmed him out on loan and brought in Azpilicueta as Sagna's understudy as I'm getting some big offers for Sagna so may have to accept one soon. Lukaku was a disappointment but it was his first season so I expect him to kick on next year like Kadlec did this season. I've a regen called Carlos Morales coming in from Argentina and joining in the summer who looks like he's going to be a beast up front.

Squad appearances/goals etc below:

squad-1.jpg

Sanchez had a brilliant season and long term injuries stopped Pastore, Wilshere and Hazard doing the same. Kadlec played very well but it's pretty disappointing to have no-one reach 20 goals and goals were an issue to come by this season at times.

Finally managed to win the FA Cup. Thought run having to beat Pool in the QF and Chelsea in the Semi to set up a final with United. Went out and tonked them 6-1 then though so I was delighted and the fans loved me after that.

FACup.jpg

FACupFinal.jpg

Champions League ended in a bit of an embarrassment. Strolled the group again then beat Bordeaux handy enough. Lost the first leg to Atletico and was worried but pulled out a great performance over in Spain to put me into my third consecutive Semi. Madrid absolutely annihilated me then though 4-1 in the Bernebeau and 2-1 at The Emirates. The board and fans weren't too happy with me after that I can tells ya.

ChampionsLeague.jpg

Pat Rice has just informed me he's retiring in the summer so the search is on for a replacement. Looking at Bierhoff at the moment as he looks good and is interested so hopefully I can get him.

Squad wise I'm happy enough and don't think I have to add to it again this year so hopefully I can push on again this year. Would like to get to another CL Final this year so going to go all out for that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I remember a few years ago for CM 01/02, the 30 year challenge. You pick a conference team, attempt to keep manager status for the 30 years and win everything thats physically possible to win. I remember those 30 years fondly.

Dag & Red, managed 27 years as manager, won everything bar the UEFA Cup. Got fired after finishing 3rd in the Premier League, after having won it 7 of the last 10 years (2nd in the other 3 years).

Feel like trying it again..... should I?

Team: Arsenal - Season 4

League
    10/11 - 1st.
    11/12 - 1st.
    12/13 - 2nd.
    13/14 - 1st.

FA Cup
    12/13 - Winner
    13/14 - Winner

League Cup
    10/11 - Winner
    13/14 - Winner

Champions League
    10/11 - Winner
    13/14 - Winner

Other

11/12 - Euro super Cup - Beat Spurs 2-1 in final
    11/12 - World Club Championships - Beat Internacioncal 3-0 in final

For the first time ever I did the quadruple! United started the season unbelieveably and didn't lose or draw a game until I played them, and then after that won every game but one until after Christmas. Come the end of season though I pegged them back and finished relatively comfortably ahead of them in the end.

league.jpg

Transfers.jpg

All my signings this year were prospects for the future yet again.

Wilshere and Ramsey came on hugely this year to the point were they were first choice in the AMC and MC positions respectively ahead of Pastore and Fabregas.

squad.jpg

van Persie had his best season for me yet. Didn't score many goals but finished with 24 assists in all competitions.

RVP.jpg

Alexis Sanchez was my player of the season by some way. 26 goals and 14 assists in 46 appearances in all competitions from AMR. Because of this I didn't hugely mind RVP not scoring loads of goals and he opened up so much space for Sanchez by dropping deep and dragging defenders out of position.

Sanchez.jpg

Hazard was something of a disappointment this year. I had really expected him to push on and start becoming a proper world class player this season but he only chipped in with 3 goals all season.

My League Cup run was straight forward enough. got easy enough draws up until United in the Semi. Aside from that tie played my youths/reserves in all the games who weren't getting game time in the league and CL like Szczesny/Gibbs/Luiz/Annan/Vela/Lukaku etc

LeagueCup.jpg

FA Cup run was much the same. Played plenty of reserves throughout although as I got to the later rounds I started incorporating some more first teamers into it as I realised it was winnable as United had been knocked out in the QF.

FACup.jpg

Champions League wasn't very strong this year. Strolled the group. Expected to have it very easy against Ajax then but only went through on away goals. United in the quarters was a nightmare as they were on fire at the time. Only games of the season (aside from the final) where I changed from my usual 4-1-1-3-1 to a 4-1-4-1 defensive. It worked anyway and I caught them on the counter a few times and it was enough to send me through to the Semi's. Juve were pretty shíte tbh, they had a píss wasy draw the whole way through and I demolished them away and sent out a second string side at The Emirates and still won both legs.
    Real had embarrassed me in the Semis last year so played my defensive tactic in the final. Got an early goal from a corner by Koscielny which played right into my hands as Madrid had to attack lots in the second half which left me lots of room on the break. Threw Walcott on as the lone forward with about 20 to go and he should have had a hat trick. My luck held though and I got a great 1-0 to exorcise the ghosts of last year.

ChampionsLeague.jpg

Looking forward to next year I have two excellent prospects I'm looking to bring through.

Morales.jpg

Riquelme.jpg

Riquelme is behind Sagna and Azpilicueta for the RB slot. Gonna hang on to Sagna for one more year and have him tutor Riquelme for the first half of the season then send Riquelme on loan for the second half to get game time.

I now have RVP, Kadlec, Lukaku, Morales and Wellington all vying for one position. RVP and Kadlec will be staying. Lukaku isn't getting much game time which is hindering his developement so I'll send two of Lukaku/Morales/Wellington out on loan for the season to gain first team experience.

Annan can't sign a new contract with me due to work permit issues so is off on a free in the summer. I have M'Vila coming in to replace him. Aside from that I won't be adding to the squad.

The club have just agreed to upgrade my youth facilities as due to tech advances they were no longer top of the line.

Definitely my greatest achievement in FM to date. Delighted with myself! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

It's 12 December 2022, and I'm finally in my dream job - Spurs.

It's been a rollercoaster ride ever since I stepped into the sheepskin coat at Salthill Devon:

- Salthill Devon (2011-2015) - relegation play-off in old first division in first season, weekly wage budget of €700, promoted second season, flirted with relegation from premier division third season, won the league fourth season, was consolidating fifth season, nearly got to Champions League group stage, got offered the big money (GBP£2,700 a week) to move to...

- Cardiff (2016-2020) - financial catastrophe, juggling the wage budget, Michael Chopra throwing toys out of the pram. Got promoted from league 1 with a bit to spare, mid-table championship in second season, promotion from Championship third season (thanks in no small part to landing Aaron Ramsey on a free), aiming for Premiership mid-table respectability fourth season when I get the move to...

- Aston Villa (2022-2022) - more financial turmoil, and I flatter to deceive. Fall out with Agbonlahor, get Wayne Rooney on a free, fall out with Wayne Rooney, dick about in mid-table for a couple of season, when...

- Tottenham (18 Nov 2022- ) - the dream being lived. Bale's still a first-teamer and a class player (though he's 33 now), and the money's there. Bought the only three Villa players I actually liked (as in hadn't fallen out with). Domestic and Continental domination here we come...

As for FM life in 2022? I have just two words for you. Vaclav Kadlec.

Team: Arsenal - Season 4

League
    10/11 - 1st.
    11/12 - 1st.
    12/13 - 2nd.
    13/14 - 1st.
    14/15 - 2nd.

FA Cup
    12/13 - Winner
    13/14 - Winner
    14/15 - Winner

League Cup
    10/11 - Winner
    13/14 - Winner
    14/15 - Quarter Final - Leeds (p)

Champions League
    10/11 - Winner
    13/14 - Winner
    14/15 - Winner

Other

11/12 - Euro Super Cup - Beat Spurs 2-1 in final
    11/12 - World Club Championships - Beat Internacional 3-0 in final
    14/15 - Euro Super Cup - Defeated 2-1 by a Wenger led Villareal
    14/15 - World Club Championships - Winner

Definitely definitely the most successful Football Manager game I've ever had, there's times when I feel I could play 4 forwards at the back and still win, this team just won't lose!
    Only worry is the lack of goals, no-one reached more than 20 this year and only my defense getting shít done most games kept me in all competitions. I really really need a clinical 25+ goal a season striker. RVP was awful this year so he's being sold in the summer if I can. Will leave me with Morales (who I have huge hopes for) and Kadlec at the club and Lukaku to return from loan. I know that seems weird to say considering I won the CL and FA Cup and scored 80 goals in the league but I just think with a monster of a striker this team will be the dominant force in Europe for the net few years.

My transfers from the year:

Transfers-2.jpg

I've had the board improve our youth facilities and youth recruitment so hoping to get a wonderkid or two taken in with a batch of youngsters in the next year or two as I'm yet to get one from Arsenal. All poached form somewhere else :pac:

League.jpg

As you can see finished second to United in the league and pushed them all the way to the last day where I needed them to Lose but I drew with Pool and they hammered Wigan 5-0.

LeagueCup.jpg

League Cup is still just a run out for the reserves, don't hugely care how we do in it.

FACup-1.jpg

Won the FA Cup for the third time in a row. Got a fairly easy draw the whole way in aside from United who I have sussed now and always seem to beat. City were harder than I was expecting in the Final but a late late late Hazard goal stopped me having to go to extra time 3 days before the Champions Cup Final.

ChampionsCup.jpg

Champions Cup was píss easy right up to the Semi Final where I drewe Madrid. When they beat me 1-0 at The Emirates I figured it was game over but a proper rear guard action on their patch saw me through. Atletico beat Barca 6-3 on aggregate to get to the final against me so I was expecting a real battle. However they were awful, no idea how they knocked out Barca and I hammered them 5-0.

CLFinal.jpg

As regarding next year it could be time for a little squad rebuilding. There's a few young regens I want to start blooding. Sagna and RVP will be sold (hopefully) as both are starting to decline. I badly need a replacement for Clichy as Gibbs just isn't up to it but I can't find anyone so a new LB is #1 priority this year.

The Chairman has just sold up to Bill Kenwright after he sold Everton. My position is down as untouchable but I'm still worried in case he decides to come in and start changing things. If I get fired or my contract doesn't get renewed I'll be devestated, really attatched to this team :pac:

Few regens I'm excited about (particularly Marcinho):

Ricardo.jpg

Labat.jpg

Marcinho.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

2010/11 - Liverpool

In:
    Eden Hazard - £16m
    Adam Barton - £2m
    Torbin Jonileit - £875k

Out:
    Kriztian Adorjan - £1.2m
    Around 10 players on loan inc:
    Jovanovic - £300k season long
    Spearing - £100k season long

Tried to bring in 1 big star whilst rebuilding with youths. Hazard was stubborn to get but I eventually persuaded him to come for £16mil. Brought in Adam Barton from Preston and Torbin as a backup CD. Let a load of players out on loan. Tried my hardest to sell the likes of Koncheskey and Jovanovic put they wouldn't budge. Eventually, Jova left on loan.

League:
    Had a great start, unbeaten in our first 10 games - 7 wins and 3 draws. Hovering around the title picture (was swapping 1st with United for most of January) until around late February, when around 5 injuries to my best players cost me points against teams I should've beaten... Drawing to Blackpool, losing to West Brom etc.... Got back into a groove at around the start of April but it was too late to mount a title challenge so I aimed for at least 4th to guarantee Champions League football. United ran away with the title with 88 points. Spurs were the surprise of the season, finishing 2nd with 81 points. We finished 3rd, just 2 points ahead of Arsenal, who were 4th. Fulham came th and Man City came in 6th. Chelsea had a right struggle and only finished 9th.

Europa League:
    We got Red Star Belgrade in the 4th qualifying round. We got through 5-2 on aggregate. We got a favourible group that consisted of PSG, AEK Athens and Genk. We finished top with 11 points (drew with PSG, lost to AEK 2-1). Got a tie with Zenit in the first knock out round. First leg finished 1-1 at theirs so we came home with the away goal. I played a middle strength team and the tie finished 1-1 after 90 mins, so we heading for extra time. David Ngog scored in the 107th minute and I could see us going on our European journey. Unfortunately, Raul Merieles decided otherwise and misjudged his header from a corner in the 117th minute, which gave them their away goal and the tie:(

FA+League Cup:
    2 nightmares. Left the League Cup in Round 3 against a full strength Aston Villa squad. Darren Bent just tore my youngsters apart. Finished 4-2 to Villa. Left the FA Cup in Round 5. Got a favorable 3rd round tie and home to Norwich. Beat them 3-0 and got United away for Round 4. Beat United after extra time 2-1 and got a trip to the New Den for Round 5. Lost to an 86th header and the game finished 2-1. Weirdly, the board said the loss was unsetting but understandable:pac:

Star players:
    David N'Gog, Eden Hazard and Adam Barton. Surprisingly, N'Gog turned out to be my star striker, ending up with 25 goals in all competitions (inc 17 in the league). Suarez was injured for the last half of the season and was only starting to pick up form about a few week before. Hazard was just brilliant and ended up with 25 assists and 6 goals for the season. I'm surprised at how good Joe Cole turned out to be. I only brought in Barton so I could use him sparingly but he figured throughout the season. Only got 1 goal but it was a 40 yard rocket in the opening game of the Europa League against AEK.

Reina
    Kelly-Carragher-Agger-Johnson
    Cole
    Meireles
    Hazard
    Gerrard

N'Gog
    Suarez
    2011-12 - Liverpool

In:
    Ashley Young - £15/17m
    Zakaria Labyad - £2.7m
    Conor Thomas - £750k
    Ruud van Nistlerooy - Free
    Marek Jankulovski - Free

Out:
    Maxi - £3.5m
    Jovanovic - £1.5m
    Ayala - £2m
    Degan - £1.5m

Around 10 player on loan (again)

Only just starting this season. Was given a 5 year contract by the board so I must have done something right. Also given £21m to spend after securing Champions League football back to Merseyside. Ashley Young was a nightmare to get, glad I eventually got him. Costs with the transfer mean that the total will be around the 15/17 million mark, Also continued my young and upcoming approach by bringing in Thomas and Labyad. Also brought in experience with Van Nistlerooy and Jankulovski joining the squad.

Hull, Middlesbourogh and Forest got promoted, whilst Blackpool, West Ham and Wigan went down. 2 games in and we're sitting in 4th with 4 points. Chelsea are rooted to the table in 20th.
    Looking forward to this season, here's hoping we can land some silverware!

2011-12 - Liverpool

In:
    Ashley Young - £15/17m
    Zakaria Labyad - £2.7m
    Conor Thomas - £750k
    Ruud van Nistlerooy - Free
    Marek Jankulovski - Free
    Cristian Chivu - £4.3m
    Alberto Liberatti - £2.5m
    Mirel Radoi - Free
    Jermaine Jenas - £800k

Out:
    Maxi - £3.5m
    Jovanovic - £1.5m
    Ayala - £2m
    Degan - £1.5m

Around 10 player on loan (again)

Decided to bolster up the defense with the additions of Chivu and Radoi in January. Brought in Liberatti for £2.5m as my scout tipped him to become huge. Also picked up Jenas for £800k but I'm regretting it. Finally shifted Jova out of the club to PSG for £1.5m. Maxi wanted out as well so he set off to Sevilla.

League:
    Just finished the 2011-12 season there, was really tough going. The aim was European Qualification and had the budget of £21m. It started promisingly with us getting a good couple of result and keeping up with the breakaway leader (which, bizarrely, was Fulham). Then, we hit a stumbling block, with 6 draws on the bounce, which cost us major points. We were down in 10th by December but we made a comeback to climb back to 3rd. Then, injuries set in again. This time, my assist king, Hazard, was struck down, as well as Carroll and N'Gog so we stumbled back down to 7th. Brought in Liberatti on recommendation by my scout and he proceeded to get a hat trick in his first game:cool:. Season continued on with our hope for Champions League football fading with every draw we got. United won the title yet again, bringing their total to 20. Sir Alex has finally retired and in steps Paul McGuinness. Chelsea were 2nd (they really turned around their season), with Arsenal 3rd and Spurs 4th. Everton were 5th, we finished 6th and Man City (now lead by Rafa) were 7th.

Champions League:
    Couldn't have asked for a better group with Villareal, Shakhtar and Hapoel Tev Aviv. Felt sorry for poor Sochaux, who were in a group with Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and Juventus:eek:. Anyway, we got out of our group fairly easily and had Athletico Madrid in the Last 16. We went into the first leg without much confidence and got beaten 2-0. We made a go of it and Anfield but it wasn't enough and lost the tie 3-2. on Agg. Barca went on to win the Champions League, beating Madrid in the final.

FA+League Cup:
    I'm beginning to think that I'm cursed in these competitions. We've suddenly grown a knack for conceding last minute goals, which proved vital in these competitions. League Cup - exited in Round 3 (AGAIN!!), this time away to United. Went 1 down to 2-1 up with 15 mins to go when Rooney decides to score in the 87th min. Went extra defensive and prepared for extra time until Chicharito scores in the 93rd minute, knocking us out. FA Cup - exited Round 4. Got an easy tie to Lincoln for my 3rd round game, which we won 3-0. Got Coventry for Round 4, who really made it a game by bringing it to a replay at the Ricoh. Was 1-1 after 90 mins but they scored in the 115th minute, knocking us out. All I have to say is thank God the board doesn't consider the League Cup a priority.

Star players:
    Eden Hazard, Ruud van Nistlerooy, Luis Suarez and Ashley Young. Hazard once again proved his worth by putting in an awesome display this season, racking up 12 goals and 20 assists:) Say what you want about Ruud but the man is a beast for scoring in the Premiership. Despite being 36, he got 9 goals last season. Ashley Young was phenomenal and Suarez was back to his best, scoring 19 goals.

Reina
    Chivu-Carragher-Agger-Johnson
    Cole
    Hazard
    Young
    Gerrard

Ruud/Carroll
    Suarez

2012-13 - Liverpool

In:
    Juanfran - Free
    Jerome Boateng - £4m
    Cristian Zapata - £11m
    Kader Mangane - £9m

Out:
    Kuyt - £3m
    Wilson - £2.8m
    Aquilani - £1m Loan
    Jenas - Free
    Around 15 players on frees/loads

Wanted to really improve my defence seeing as Carragher is thinking about management and Agger is wanted by about 5 clubs. Was giving a transfer total of £41m for European qualification (I'm still in shock) so I brought in Juanfran on a free from Real Madrid. Boeting came in from a sale from Man City (was valued at £7m) and brought in Zapata and Mangane for £20m together. Shifted out the deadwood to clear some space. Kuyt wanted to leave to let him go for at least £3m. Finally got Aquilani gone again, this time, the deal is for a permanent move after the loan:). Jenas left after only 5 months on a free due to the Bosman rule, waste of £800k :(. I'm bringing down the transfer total to accommodate the wage bill.

I'm on double managerial duty as well from this season as Ireland offered me the national manager job:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

I'm within touching distance of bringing Blackpool back to the top table:

Touchingdistance.jpg

Finally finished my second (college work interrupted) season

Borussia Dortmund 2011/2012

In order to build upon the double (Bundesliga and Europa League) winning side of the previous year, I decided to try and keep the bulk of my squad together and add a few loan and youth players. When January arrived, I decided I needed a bit of oomph up top as my strikers were misfiring, so brought in Lukaku. Also decided to make my Chelsea young keeper Delac a permanent signing by paying the pre-agreed price.

Picture11.png

League

The league was much much tougher than my first season. Started terribly by losing to Leverkusen 3-0 away, then drawing my next two to the promoted sides. From then I was playing catch up to Leverkusen and Bayern who both went on a 7/8 game undefeated streak. Thankfully though, I was able to get my boys heads up and we were just 1 point off the top at the Christmas break. After the break, we had a run of 7 games undefeated and took the top spot by two points. Had a little blip around Easter but finished strongly while Leverkusen went into free fall. Finished the season as champions on the last day of season ahead of Bayern, who pushed me all the way to win by 3 points.

Picture1-12.png

German Super Cup
    Won the game against Bayern in extra time thanks to a 3 minute Lucas Barrios double after Robben had given Bayern the lead in the 95th minute.

Picture15.png

German Cup
    Lost in the 3rd round 3-2 to Hannover after playing a very young team. I've very little interest in winning this tbh and would rather blood my young lads than win it.

Picture14.png

European Super Cup
    Played Barcelona but felt that we could have a go and win a bit of early season silverware but was at a disadvantage to having players called up for internationals. Took the lead in the 5th minute thanks to a towering header from Mats Hummels, but lost the game in the final 20 minutes from two marvelous goals from Messi.

Picture16.png

Champions League
    My first shot at the big time with BVB started terribly. A 5-0 loss away to Real Madrid. Thankfully, we recovered well to win the next three games against Lokomotiv Moscow (x2) and Lyon. Two draws at home to Real and away to Lyon got me 2nd in the group. Drew Juventus in the first knockout round and actually thought I had a chance. A comfortable 3-0 win at home, coupled with a fantastic snatch and grab 2-0 away put me through to the Quarters and to a showdown with Manchester United. A 1-1 away draw courtesy of a Lukaku header put me in the driving seat on the away goal rule. A fantastic counter attack performance at home got me a 1-0 win thanks to a goal from Lucas Barrios. I was shocked that my team were now into the Semi-Finals and had a shot of the Champions League Final at the first attempt. In my way however, were Arsenal. An lucky performance at home saw us lose 3-2. A 1-1 at the Emirates compounded our exit. Disappointed but delighted at some of the performances, particularly the Juventus and United home games.

Picture17.png

All in all a great season for BVB. Delighted to retain the league, especially after our terrible start. We'd a fantastic run the Champions League, looking forward to more of the same next year. Below are just the stats of four of the players that were integral to my team (no real faces as my laptop couldn't handle the memory required :o)

My #9, Lucas Barrios. Faltered a bit at times but was still my top scorer and the Bundesliga's 3rd top scorer.

Picture9-3.png

#23, Shinji Kagawa. Played in either a central or attacking midfield role throughout the season. Looked for a move away in January to Inter and Arsenal. Managed to keep hold of him, and sign him to a new contract. 2nd highest assists in the team and 3rd in the Bundesliga.

Picture8.png

#11, Mario Gotze. If you don't have him yet, sign him...sign him now. The best young playmaker imo. Can play right across the pitch but plays best in the centre. Made 19 assists in the league, the highest in the Bundesliga and in my team. Only scored 4 goals, but all were crucial goals against Bayern, Schalke and Leverkusen. Also scored in the CL draw with Real. A big game player, with a great temperament with not a single yellow card in the season.

Picture7-4.png

And last, but certainly not least... my #24, Leonel Galeano. Signed from Independiente the season before for £4.5 million, the young Argentine proved to be an absolute rock at the back and a beast in the air in the opposition box, scoring 7 goals. Zero yellow cards and only 8 fouls over the course of the season, Galeano was instrumental in my league title win.

Picture3-7.png

Cannae wait for my assault on Europe next season. Will be looking for a repeat performance in the league, hopefully hanging onto my top players with Sahin, Barrios, Hummels, Sissoko, Schmelzer, Guidetti, Großkreutz, Gotze, Blaszczykowski, Leitner and Lewandowski all attracting interest. Will need to bring in two or three first team players and a few youth players in order to progress further.

Team: Arsenal - Season 6

League

10/11 - 1st.
    11/12 - 1st.
    12/13 - 2nd.
    13/14 - 1st.
    14/15 - 2nd.
    15/16 - 1st.

FA Cup
    12/13 - Winner
    13/14 - Winner
    14/15 - Winner
    15/16 - 3rd Round v Everton

League Cup
    10/11 - Winner
    13/14 - Winner
    14/15 - Quarter Final - Leeds (p)
    15/16 - Winner v Tottenham

Champions League
    10/11 - Winner
    13/14 - Winner
    14/15 - Winner
    15/16 - Semis - Atletico Madrid

Other

11/12 - Euro Super Cup - Beat Spurs 2-1 in final
    11/12 - World Club Championships - Beat Internacional 3-0 in final
    14/15 - Euro Super Cup - Defeated 2-1 by a Wenger led Villareal
    14/15 - World Club Championships - Winner
    15/16 - Euro Super Cup - Winner v Liverpool
    15/16 - World Club Championships - Winner

Not arsed with all the pictures again :pac:

Finally got my 25+ goal a season striker! Kadlec netted 28 times in all competitions which I was delighted with. Sanchez, Hazard and Pastore all scored 15+ and Fabregas, Wilshere, Vela, Nasri, Lukaku, Walcott all had 10+ so I had goals from everywhere which was brilliant. Strolled the Premier League and won by something ridiculous like 20 points, only losing two games along the way.

Everton knocked me out in the 3rd Round of the FA Cup but it was the reserves I had out. Played the reserves all the way through the League Cup too and they beat the first teams of Villa, City and Blackburn to get to the final. Tottenham in the final and it was a pretty even game, Spurs maybe shading it. They got a goal in the 83rd minute and I figured that was that. Brough on Sanchez for Walcott and Sakho for the injured Marcinho and they pop up with goals in the 92nd and 87th minutes respectively to give me the win :D

Champions League was absolutely no challenge up until the Semis. The only teams in Europe capable of winning it are me at Arsenal, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Barcelona and possibly United. Was deservedly beaten in the Semi's by Atletico and then the board had the cheek to say they were disappointed in the performance at not winning it. I'd just won two in a row and 21 trophies in 6 years you greedy fúckers!

Sold Sagna to Villa and shipped out plenty of youth and reserves. No big signings aside from a Dutch AMC/L regen who I sent on loan all season to Juve and he has come back a bit of a monster. Barca have been sniffing about Nasri and just offered me £25M for him. He's 28 so gonna sell him and replace him with this kid.

I'd several tough decisions during pre-season... City raided my beloved BVB for Van der Wiel and Moussa Sissoko. Replaced VdW with Corchia of Le Mans and replaced Sissoko with a transfer listed Sandro of Spurs. Also lost Lewandowski to Arsenal.

City, Chelsea, Roma and Valencia offered me their managers' position. Rejected them all but took charge of Uruguay to try and get them to the World Cup in 2014. Decided to overhaul their tactics as they we're playing an almost christmas tree like formation. Current tactics play more to the strength of my best four players - Cavani, Forlan, Suarez, Lodeiro

Picture4-3.png

My first game was against Venzuela was brilliant. Everyone was in sensational form.

Picture3-8.png

Second game against Ecuador is a what-might-have-been hadn't Cavani gotten injured. He's ridiculously good...

Picture1-13.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

Having played Champ and Football Manager for ten or so years I am disgusted in myself that ive only got round to 2011 now, anywho, I decided to take on the daunting task of taking to the helm of the mighty Finn Harps.

Thanks largely in part to signing Terry Dixon for about £200 quid a week I walked the first division and won league cup (no-one else puts in any effort for it twould appear) in my first season with a media prediction of 8th i think it was, and sent the scouts to trawl these 2 isles for anyone of decency I could get my grubby paws on.

Second season, the glitz and glamour of the Irish premier division, they said I was going straight down in paddy last, but i showed them, 3rd place behind Bohs and Shamrock Rovers as well as tasting league cup success again and reaching the final of the senior challenge cup as well as individual glory by getting the manager of the year nod.

Third season, the fantastic work of the scouts as well as the fortress that is Finn Park led me to claiming the clubs first ever top league title with arch rivals Derry City just behind, won the league cup yet again as well as the All Ireland Cup, which I must say provides quite a nice bit of financial compensation for a team of my stature. Having qualified for the europa league thanks to my exploits in the league the year before my hopes werent too high, but having drew away i beat Zilina in Finn Park to get to the 3rd Qualifying round, next up was Gotheberg yet again away first leg and with the same outcome, away draw home win, so there I was one team away from the group stages of the europa league twas so close I could taste it, and who do I draw? Bloody Everton, home first leg, trounced 5-1 over both legs, that was the end of that pipe dream.

In my 3 season tenure so far I have purchased only 1 player from another club, Cristiano his name is, some Brazillian fella who plays in Malta and cost a mere 20,000 despite being of the quality of an English Championship player or there abouts, all the rest being free transfers and no loans either. Currently within my ranks I have Liverpools John Flanagan, Chelseas Danny Philliskirk and Thomas Stewart of Shamrock Rovers who is an absolute goal machine.

I am hoping I havent peaked at this point and having looked at the opposition that I would have faced in the Champions league qualifiers tis honestly not out of reach to sneak into the groups through the "champions" route I think it is, in the same manner I dispatched of Zilina and Gotheberg. Anywho onwards and upwards, tis 5:25, bright outside, Finn Harps are 2012 premier league champs and im off to the cot a happy man :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Going into fourth season at Solihull. Finished last season in 18th with 50 points which is my second best season (12th with 63pts). A few unwanted players have had their contracts run out and I have €800 in wages to get new players, which is quite a lot as my total wage budget is about €3,600 p/w. I've opted for avoiding relegation as my objective for this season as going for a title win would only give me an extra €400 (I think, maybe less) in wages. One thing I feel really stupid for not doing is putting players on full-time contracts which I'll be doing from now on, I think they generally accept these when they're on €100 or more, this I'm sure would help the fitness of the team. Pre-season friendlies, I only managed to get three decent sized teams, I was hoping to do more. I really feel I'm fighting a losing battle here as only 150 odd people turn up to watch and the club is bleeding money with the board having to input large chunks every season.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

2012-13 - Liverpool

Club:
    In:
    Juanfran - Free
    Jerome Boateng - £4m
    Cristian Zapata - £11m
    Kader Mangane - £9m
    Stephane Ruffier - £9.5m
    Marco Ruben - £2m
    Paul de Jaan - £1.5m

Out:
    Kuyt - £3m
    Wilson - £2.8m
    Jones - £2m
    Aquilani - £1m Loan
    Koncheskey - £300k
    Jenas - Free
    Around 15 players on frees/loads

Wanted to really improve my defence seeing as Carragher is thinking about management and Agger is wanted by about 5 clubs. Was giving a transfer total of £41m for European qualification (I'm still in shock) so I brought in Juanfran on a free from Real Madrid. Boeting came in from a sale from Man City (was valued at £7m) and brought in Zapata and Mangane for £20m together. Shifted out the deadwood to clear some space. Kuyt wanted to leave to let him go for at least £3m. Finally got Aquilani gone again, this time, the deal is for a permanent move after the loan:). Jenas left after only 5 months on a free due to the Bosman rule, waste of £800k :(. I'm bringing down the transfer total to accommodate the wage bill. Koncheskey's now left us after agreeing to Mutually Terminate his contract for £300k. Brought in Ruffier from Monaco as Reina was looking unsettled.

League:
    My best season yet. We were getting good results at the start of the season and never really fell out of the Top 5. January came around and the board offered if I wanted to change my season targets so I stepped up to title contenders. Next game, we lost 4-2 to West Ham:o (the joys of FM:pac:) Only brought in Paul de Jaan from Feyenoord as the scout recommended him and Marco Ruben as I needed backup strikers due to the amount of injuries Suarez and van Nistlerooy are picking up and the fact that Carroll can't control his temper. Koncheskey finally got board of playing Reserve football and left his contract for £300k. We had a great spell from March onwards, going on a 14 game unbeaten streak. During this team, the clubs finances went south and the owners had to inject £4m to save the club from recievership. Coming to the last 2 games, it was between us, Chelsea and Man City for the title. Our second last game was against City, which we won 3-2. As long as we didn't lose our last game away to Fulham and City didn't win away to Newcastle, we'd have the title. Chelsea could only drew with Arsenal so they needed a miracle to win it.

Last day of the Season - We were on 79 pts, City on 77, Chelsea on 76.

We took the early lead against Fulham at the Cottage but they came back to equalise within minutes. Coming up to half time and Chelsea went 1 down at Everton. City were still drawing nil all and we were pressing for the second. 50 mins in and City finally broke the deadlock at St James, moving them up to 1st. 65 mins in and Newcastle equalise. City back down to second. 78 mins - Suarez latches on to a perfect ball from Hazard and slots it in, 2-1 to us. 87 mins - Fulham grab an equaliser after a perfect counter attack. Chelsea's game had finished so they were 3rd. We were in front by 2 points, City had to score but in the 91st minute, Newcastle grabbed the winner. Final whistle and we are champions!!! Never had I got through a game like that. I'm beyond words that I actually won the title. Never won it before in any FM game

Europa League:
    Got a nice group with Galatasaray, Mechelen and Hoffenheim. Got out of it with 16 points and set up a first knockout round tie with Ajax. Got through that and got Pannathinikos for the Second Knockout round. Beat them and got Sevilla in the Quarters. Hammered them 6-0 at their ground so I played the reserves for the return leg, went on to draw 2-2, sending us through 8-2 on agg. Got my old friends Zenit in the Semi Finals. Squeked out a 2-1 win at the Gazprom Stadium and won 1 nil at Anfield to set up a final with Malaga at the Stadium of Light. Malaga had an insane semi final tie against Everton, eventually winning 7-5 on agg. We did the double by beating Malaga 2-0 with Suarez and Carroll (who picked up his 14th yellow card of the season) scoring the goals. So happy to bring European glory back to Merseyside.

FA+League Cup:
    As usual, I exited the League Cup in Round 3, losing 3-0 to Blackburn away. However, this time, it was different in the FA Cup. We beat Southampton 3-0 in Round 3, Reading 3-0 in Round 4, Fulham 2-0 in Round 5, Bolton 3-0 in the Quarters and Man City 2-0 at Wembley to set up a final with Man Utd. The final was push back to the first Wednesday in June due to United playing (and losing) in the Champions League final. Went 1 up after 10 mins with Suarez but Rooney brought it back. Zapata put us 2-1 up but Hernandez brought it back 2-2. Suarez instantly went up to put us up 3-2 and that's the way it stayed. We did a treble!!!!!!

Star players:
    Eden Hazard, Ruud van Nistlerooy, Luis Suarez and Cristian Zapata. Zapata was an absolute gem this season, easily my best buy this season. Van Nistlerooy (when he wasn't injured) and Suarez were a lethal forward line up. Sad to see it being broken with Ruud now retiring:( What's more can be said with Hazard. Signed him down to a new 5-yr contract with a £200m buy out clause:cool:

Reina
    Chivu-Mangane-Zapata-Johnson
    Cole
    Gerrard
    Young
    Hazard

Ruud/Carroll
    Suarez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

I don't understand it.

I won the 2012 Euros, 2014 World Cup and 2016 Euros with Wales, and I've been sacked for failing to win the 2017 Confederations Cup.

*sigh*
    This is on FM 2009 and I unchecked use real players. Just got lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭louthguy25

Up to the 2016/17 season managing Villa or my 3rd year and have just won the league and fa cup and got them to semis of the champions league but got thumped by Madrid 4-0 over 2 legs.
    Having trouble with Rafael with him wanting to leave for a bigger club and he wont sign a new contract so he might have to get the boot before his contratc runs out

Team is currently;
    Areola
    Rafael, Shawcross, Botia/Davies, Digne

Douglas Costa/Valencia, Hamsik, Huddlestone, Young/Douglas Costa

Vela, Sanogo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

I started off as Ireland, don't really follow the team particularly irl but I find it's a good game on FM. We qualified for Euro 12 pretty comfortably, but the tournament itself was disappointing.

Continuing on the international front, we just managed qualification for the 2014 World Cup, after beating Northern Ireland in a play-off having crumbled from a good position in the group. The group we've been drawn in for the WC looks manageable, but for Spain - we'll see how it goes.

In November 2011, Tony Pulis left Stoke, so with my year of international experience I went for his position. They were 2nd in the league, I'm not sure how, and unfortunately it didn't last. We did manage 5th in the end, European qualification was a good achievement, while no real progress was made in the FA Cup. January transfers for 2011/12 are here.

Following on from that good season, I aimed for a decent fist at the Euro Cup, which didn't really happen, and a solid season in the league, which was achieved. We managed to trundle along to the FA Cup final, but lost against City, so another season in the Euro Cup beckoned. Transfers for 2012/13 are here (cut off at the bottom of the 'In' list is Mario Balotelli on a free).

So, then, we come to this season. The club's finances were looking a bit rocky, so I looked to make a profit on transfers and lower the wage bill while not letting the standard of the squad diminish too much. So here are the 2013/14 transfers (with a total income of £12.5m), and here's the current league. We're in the 2nd Knockout Round of the Euro Cup (against Chelsea :rolleyes: ) and the 6th Round of the FA Cup. The current Stoke squad is here (missing off the bottom are: Carl Dickinson, Andrea Barzagli, Sofiane Fegouli and Jorge Pulido.

Gabriel Gomez is an Argentinian regen who I got for just over £1m and is now worth almost £6m. My star player alongside Caceres, who I got on a free from Barca and is constantly being bidded for by Athletico and Valencia. He doesn't want to leave though :)

Really enjoying this game I must say.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Finished fifth season in charge of Solihull Moors, finished one place outside of playoffs (6th). I didn't use my full wage budget. The club is still leaking money. There's been a take over and the new chairman has taken out a loan, I don't think there'll be anymore cash injections, I'm doomed. When I said I didn't use the full wage budget, this could've been a good thing as it's been slashed even more and I've exceeded it, needless to say, I won't be signing any players this summer.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,213 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Wuppertaler SV Borussia - Season 10/11 - Regionalliga West

Board Expectations:
    Just to win the league, the Regionalliga has 3 divisions (North, South and West) and each division only has 1 promotion spot that goes to the winner.
    Transfer Budget: €0
    Wage Budget: €28,500 P/W

I've promised myself I will not quit this game out of boredom and I've set my goal as bringing Wuppertal to the Bundesliga. I already tried this a few months ago with TeBe Berlin but that was horrible and I had to build the entire squad from scratch. I've got a new German lower league database so this will be better hopefully.

Formation: I used my attacking 4-2-2 as I usually do.

Transfers In:
    Transfers_In.png

I can't believe Andrey Chukhlei was offered to me by his agent. He is amazing and I signed him for FSV Frankfurt in a game a few months ago.
    He was playing really well in the second division and was a decent player off the bench after I got promoted to the Bundesliga. Now he's in the 4th division!

Starting Lineup:
    Starting_Lineup.png

Substitute Tony Jantschke(Jan signing) for Waldemar Schattner and that would be my starting lineup till January at least.

Half Way Point:

Andrey Chukhlei was playing as expected..Out of this world!. It is like when you are a big team and you draw a lower league team in the cup, your best players usually play amazing in those games and end up with an 8.5 - 9.0 average rating. Except Chukhlei was like that every game. He's clearly too good for this level and other teams have started to take notice with Mainz, Frankfurt and Brann interested. I'm not letting him leave though.
    Up front loanee striker Petar Sliskovic was knocking them in and had as many goals as he had played games.

In the league I'm in 3rd even though I've only lost 2 and drawn 3. Münster haven't lost a single game and have a 5 point lead. The Regionalliga is really tough because it's full of reserve sides that you can beat easily so you don't really know how your team is going to do when the come up against a proper side :(. I lost 2-1 to Münster at home and these games can make or break your season!

I brought in a keeper in January named Nicholas Bonis. My keeper was doing fine but Bonis is good enough to play in the 3. Liga and possibly the 2. Bundesliga should I win promotion whereas my current keeper would need replacing after my first promotion. My CM Venn Toure broke his leg 2 games in to the season so I was playing with a sh*te CM for about 15 games. Brought in Jantschke and Cuntz on loan to sort out that.

End of the season:
    Ended in disappointment. I finished 2nd, 7 points behind Münster who didn't lose any of their games all season. In the second half of the year I had 11W 2D 1L. 3 bad results lost me the league, it's as easy as that in the Regionalliga. That loss was against Münster. I'm not giving up though, hopefully next season I will get promoted.

Final Table

Best Players:
    Andrey Chukhlei
    Petar Sliskovic
    Alain N'Kong

Best Eleven

Next:
    All last season I had this utterly s*ite player on the books named Markus Heppke who was earning €3,500 P/W. By far my top earner but I couldn't move him on. Finally in the summer of 2011 I managed to get RW Essen to take him on a free.
    Ban news is it's not wages I can use on other players. All year I was repaying a bank loan at €180k a month which crippled finances and I ended up losing €3.3m last year, 155% of the clubs turnover :eek:. The Wage budget has been reduced to €23.5k P/W for the coming year.

Andrey Chukhlei was sold to Brann for a cool €500k with €110k more after 20 games, a friendly and 20% of next sale. Not bad for a free transfer 12 months previous. He only had a year left on his deal and wouldn't sign a new contract so I had to let him leave to get something for him. Petar Sliskovic has to be replaced too, he wont come back on loan again and was promoted to the Mainz first team after his great season at Wuppertal.

I'll try to remember to take screenshots of the table at the half way point this coming season for the next update.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Introduction
    Finished my first season with Udinese, I had managed them in fm2010 and found them to be excellent underdogs. They had loads of technically good and hardworking players like Inler, Asamoah and D'Agostino to call upon. Zapata is an excellent player to build a defence around and with Alexis Sanchez and Di Natale there's a very strong core. League expectations weren't particularly high with a 12th place predicted but I had confidence in achieving above that so I elected for a respectable league position with my own eye on making European qualification.

Squad & Tactical Breakdown
    Starting out I usually use my 4-2-3-1 but I had an immediate weakness in that I had no real AM plus the majority of my midfield was DMs and CMs. To deal with this I took two approaches. I first decided I was getting a good AM to give me some options and I would have to adjust the formation to make the most of the players to hand.

I dropped all the midfielders back so I had 2 Deep Lying Playmakers (D & S) with a Ball Winning Midfielder (S) in front. This however had immediate drawbacks as it meant that my attacking trio were more isolated. So I changed the wide player roles from Advanced Playmakers(A) to Inside Forwards(A) and the Deep Lying Forward(A) to a Complete Forward(A). I hoped this would bring the best out of my most wide attacking players Di Natale and Sanchez with a CF bringing them into play.

For the all important AM, in case I needed to utilise the more attacking formation. I plumped for Badelj and Horava so that I had a starter and a backup. Together they cost me just shy of £1.6m. Apart from that I felt the squad I had was sufficently strong to do the job at hand.

Season Starts
    So after a decent pre-season the first few games of the season were nightmarish; DLLLWL. 3 of those defeats were away to Juventus, AC Milan and Roma and in all but 1, was by a single goal. We had given ourselves a good account of ourselves but had nothing to show. The home form was more worrying, we had far easier opposition and hadn't capitalised despite dominating. I soon saw the problem, I went to the match preparation tab and pushed the bar all the way to the top to raise the teams comfort with the new formations. Had I done this preseason who knows what could have happened.

As the season progressed, the more defensive DM/DM/CM was clearly the better option for most matches and the CM/CM/AM was best used for weak oppostion at home where we should comfortably win or in need of getting a goal. This naturally resulted in a lack of goals in both ends. I wasn't too concerned as leaking goals kills squad morale far more than not scoring. The main concern was that whoever out of Corradi and Denis played as the CF wasn't scoring and most of the goals were from the widemen, the BWM or a set piece corner. After denouncing both players form and getting no noticeable upturn in performance I decided that I needed a new face; step forward 17 year old Leo Steve Beleck. A chance start in the Coppa Italia qualifiers elevated him from the U20s to the starting lineup.

Resurgance in the league
    By adopting such a defensive formation we became tough to breakdown and we had two spells of 10+ games without a defeat. This pushed up morale and league position so we were above our season predictions. Some excellent performances like thrashing AC Milan at home 5-2 and coming from 2 goals down to Juventus to draw really helped sustain the runs.

Towards the tail end of the season we were in touching distance of Europe in 6th place with Lazio hot on our tales and AC Milan(5th), Fiorentina(4th) and Palermo(3rd) all within 6 points with the last 4 game weeks approaching. Inter and Juventus had taken massive leads over the rest of the league so there was only 1 European Champions Cup spot up for grabs. The final game of the season was home to Fiorentina so I hoped that I could leapfrog them into 5th and possibly 4th without dropping points.

Coppa Italia Run
    The Coppa Italia run was on paper the toughest it could be. After the preliminary qualifiers we would face AC Milan away, Inter away and Juventus, over 2 legs before facing Roma in the final in their home stadium. The teams we faced might not have been their best but to beat them still required a huge effort. On the day of the final I was informed Udinese had only ever appeared in one Coppa Italia final in 125 years. So, no pressure then.

Coming to an End
    We had 2 blips in the last 4 league matches, losing at home to Genoa and drawing away to Bologna. Both matches I thought we shaded them but alas any hope of overtaking the above teams was now unattainable. Nevertheless, a win in the final game against Fiorentina would cement European football next year, Lazio needed a win and for us to lose to overtake us but against Fiorentina we dominated and came out comfortable winners to claim 6th place and a spot in the 3rd round of qualifying for the Euro Cup in style. 3 points was all that separated Udinese in 6th and Palermo in 3rd.

Coppa Italia Final
    We faced Roma who were in a crisis, Martin O'Neill had taken over the reigns after Ranieri had failed. The could still qualify for Europe by winning the trophy so I had guessed to face a full strength side. they had an awful run of games towards the end of the season, their only glimmer of hope was defeating Lazio in the semis. Despite the place in the final the whole teams morale was in red and orange so I was quietly confident that they were in no fit state mentally to compete.

The final was an emphatic victory, Inler was fantastic, from a cleared attacking corner, his shot from outside the box cracked off the bar and Coda pounced to give us a lead. Beleck then doubled the lead finishing well from a deep cross. Inler then hit a fantastic shot after a wonderful team move. Roma came back on the scoreboard in the 80th minute with Borriello scoring but by then the trophy was already being engraved.

I was genuinely delighted with winning the trophy, as I'd honestly believed it was been beyond us. We required extra time to beat a side in the qualifiers. Had we got an easier draw, I still would think it too much of a challenge but to do it against the big names in Italian football made it all the sweeter.

End Of Season Review
    It's impossible to pick any player above the rest as there was so many who did more than I ever expected. Asamoah finished the season with 10 goals, Sanchez was a constant threat and never got injured, Beleck was a revelation up front. Zapata and Coda were rocks and always threatened at corners, Badu, Inler and Battochio were immense in controlling the midfield. Armero shackled Krasic in the Coppa Italia semis picking up a booking to miss the final where Pasquale came in and set up Beleck.

The major problem from them all performing so well is that there are a lot of clubs interested in them, I've tied down Sanchez, Asamoah and Inler but clubs are still after them whilst Zapata is being looked but I'm reluctant to give him a new contract as he wants a buy-out clause.

Another headache has came about from ~40 players returning from loan and having to pay their wages. I went from 50K under budget to 150k over with their influx. I had hoped to keep the better ones like Pepe and Motta but their on nearly 100k between them so I've had to sell them on as they wouldn't accept a lower wage and their contracts expire in 12 months. This has had bad points like my inbox being stuffed with 140 transfer offers, 40 angry players wanting to talk to me and not being able to offer any contracts to new players as I'm still horribly over the wage budget. But it has also boosted the club coffers 30m which I'm allowed to dip into once the wage budget is sorted.

Just so I get a few decent players in quickly as I've missed out on transfer targers I've loaned Sandro and Vela for 1.8m over the course of the season. I'm trying to sign Govinco or Buonanotte as backup for Sanchez and Di Natale and Destro as a replacement for Corradi who left. Might look at a GK as Belardi is getting on and I don't particularly want to renew his contract.

Next season I hope to push on in Europe hopefully getting past the group stages, improve our away form which really was the killer (as our home record was 3rd best in the league) and possibly make it into a champions league spot. It'll be tough as the players and me will be expected to do well again. I'd hope to stay with Udinese for a while unless I get a massive job offer which forces me to reconsider.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Season 13/14 - Liverpool FC

Players In
    Tony Huston - €1.5m
    Norbert Meier - €2.4m
    Ricardo - €2,4m
    Franchisco Teixeira - €900k
    Kjaar - €23.5m

Players Out
    Ashley Young - €15m
    Martin Skrtle - €10m
    Insua - €6m

Last 2 seasons, Im have broken even with the cash, making what I play out for others. Ashley Young and Kjaar (Oh and Sakho but on a few) have been the only three newest high profile players brought it.

English Premier League
    Not much to say about this, pretty much rocking form up till Xmas (City matching my every result too). Then after Xmas we hit a bad run of 2 losses and 3 draws which knocked us off and let city run away with it. Then the yoyo affect started with both teams up and down between first and second (With ManC having 4 games less played. Eventually it came down to the very last few games, I need to keep winning and I won them While Man City made a few slip ups bringing us equal.

So on the last day, both teams on 88 points with City on top due to +1 extra GD than me. Last game I either had to win by a few goals so I beat them on GD but thankfully they only managed a draw against Fulham and I beat Westham 1-0 so it was a epic finish to the last game.

Fa Cup
    Got knocked out by Chelsea in the 5th round. I was playing a few youths and reserve players up against a full strength Chelsea side :rolleyes: but only lost 2-0 so I was quiet proud of them.

League Cup
    Not much to say about this, just giving young players a run and they did well up till chelsea so at that game I added a few more 1st choice players into it because Chelsea like to have a full team too.

gLJx0.jpg

Champions League
    Was actually disappointed that I wont this pretty much without ease.
    Highligh definably was beating Juventus 8-1 on agg. That was the boost it gave the team and from there on nothing was stopping up. Delighted to win it but definably the easiest run I've encountered.

ABkhE.jpg

Super Cup
    Liverpool 4 v Man U 1
    Enough said ;)

Some prospects now

Davide Adami
    Bought him for 1.5 and he seems like a good prospect. Hope he turns out like Hamsik or better!

IZy7Z.jpg

Tony Huston
    Similar player to Johnson but able to play CB too. Hopefully some tutoring and loans will help him develop.

LgQkA.jpg

Danny Wilson
    Was delighted to know Wilson was already at Pool but I would have bought him either way. Easily one of the best in the game. My favourite player without doubt and now he's growing up

Swzko.jpg

Marco Verratti
    After Wilson Verratti is my favourite. He's stats might not be amazing but throw him in straight away and he'll play great non stop. 87 games for me so far, either scores or assists. Next Gerrard without as good a header.

tvMkm.jpg

Teixeira
    Great DM, will be better than M'vila I hope (who is he's tutor), for 900k I was stupid not buy him

UFCSd.jpg

Norbert Meier
    Looks very promising midfielder. Hopefully tutoring from Hazard and a few more players will make this guy blossom.

oMxOO.jpg

Advertisement