Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot Of Your Story - FM 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Currently bossing League 1, having gotten consecutive promotions from BSN:

leaguetable.jpg?1291340777

Still waiting for Spurs to knock on my door :rolleyes:

Here's the squad:

squad.jpg?1291340694

Best players for me are
    Fabio Zamblera, a class striker; De Abrue, a Brazilian centre-half who settles reasonably quickly and turns into a beast; Nathaniel Pinney, a dependable centre-forward; Kofi Poyser for the lower leagues, for some reason scouts diss on him, but he bangs the goals in.

Very addictive game!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Tottenham Hotspur:

1st season:
    Premier League : Champions
    FA Cup: Winners
    League Cup: QF
    Champions League: QF

English Premier Division (Information_ League Table).png

most of the squad I used:

Tottenham Hotspur (Tottenham_ Players).png

...and the run in

Tottenham Hotspur (Tottenham_ Fixtures).png

Could have done a lot worse for the first time i ever played a full season of any FM game...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Newcastle boss

Andy Caroll declares for Scotland and even goes to the World Cup.
    I was unaware he even qualified :confused:

Season 1: Finished 14th in PL, board were satisfied.

Best player by far was Jonas.

Season 2: Finished 11th in PL and won the League Cup :cool:.

Season 3: Currently in 7th but of course, there is a trade embargo and new takeover in August just as I plan to sign some players.
    And the new chairman is rumoured to want to replace me and bring in Glenn Roeder :eek:

Newcastle, being ungrateful, a claseless organization and treating their managers with disrespect?
    The programmers knew more then I thought :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Another season finished.

League: 5th
    FAI Cup: 2nd round
    League Cup: Semi Final
    Setanta Cup: 1st Rnd
    Europa League: 2nd Qual Rnd

We had our first taste of europe this season in the europa league. We managed to beat a kazakhstan team in the 1st qual rnd but were knocked out by a swiss team in the 2nd. We beat them 3-1 at home only to get hammered 4-0 away.

We started the league very well and were only beaten 3 times bu june. But our participation in europe which created a fixture backlog combined with me upsetting the whole squad by fining ger o brien for getting two yellows criplled us for the rest of the season. I had to have private chats with every squad member and had a falling out with alan smith who i have to now try and get rid of. We ended up in 5th.

Our cup runs were nothing special bar us getting to the semis of the league cup.

On a postive note we got 400k from the setanta cup just for particpating and with our earnings for europe the club is a bit better off finacially and my board have finally agreed to build some youth facitlities.

The goal for next season is to qualfy for europe again.

League Table

Squad

Transfers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

What Alan Smith is that you signed Pablo? The one who plays for Newcastle?

• Advertisement

What Alan Smith is that you signed Pablo? The one who plays for Newcastle?

No it's the young irish keeper who signed for Rangers recently.

Third season was great, even got an international job randomly!

Club: As St Pats, we won pretty much everything. The League, the FAI Cup, the League Cup and the Setanta Cup.

AirtricityPremierDivisionInformation_Stages.png

Also managed to get into the Champions League Group Stages after a truely epic encounter with BATE Borisov, which I won 5-4 on agg. (Already posted the pics earlier). Finished rock bottom of that group, with only one win coming on the last day of the season with a freak 4-3 victory over Leverkusen!

StPatsAthleticvLeverkusenInformation_Overview.png

and, the group

UEFAChampionsLeagueInformation_Stages-2.png

The player of the year went to Joseph Lapira again, and in 2nd and 3rd were Ronan Finn and Seamus Conneelly. 3 of my players in the top 3 :D

Best XI for the year, IMO was (Lapira misses out cos he was injured for ages!)

Capture.jpg

Made a fair few signings this season including the two Brazilian strikers, Nei and Cristiano, Conor Clifford, Stephen Kelly at right back, Rhys Taylor in goal and a few more... Got rid of a fair few players too.

StPatricksAthleticTransfers_History-2.png

Country: Australia. Got offered the job and immeaditely had a must win game against Syria in order to qualify to the final group stage of the AFC World Cup Qualifiers. Won that, then got drawn into a group with South Korea, Saudi Arabia, Iran and Qatar. First game was away to South Korea and managed to pull off a quality victory! Here's how the group looks at the end of 2012

Roll on the World Cup :P

FIFAWorldCupAFCQualifyingSectionInformation_Stages.png

Still playing as Pats and look who I just picked up as a free agent, well, the agent offered me him, and he signed!

awdbhg.png

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭MrGarak

Hey all,

Anyone know how to get Barry Maguire to accept a call up to the Republic squad?

He is Dutch and plays for Utrecht in real life but has Irish blood and has said he wants to play for us, so I was impressed to see him correctly placed in the national pool for FM 2011, but he always rejects the call up.

He's now the most valuable player in the pool so I want to get him in the middle of our midfield or on the right and play Coleman back in his natural position.

Currently:

Keane-Doyle

McGeady
    Treacy--O'Hara--Coleman
    Ward-Dunne-O'Shea-Foley
    Westwood

Subs:
    Doyle (GK)
    Gibson
    O'Dea/Clark
    Cunningham
    Fahey/McCarthy
    Long

jRiYx.jpg

8lu7u.jpg

You would think with the new 'have a chat' option that you would be able to try and ask him to play for you. His allegiance just seems to be screwed up in the database.

We have been doing well and qualified for the Euro's but were put in a group with Spain and Portugal so got knocked out after 1-0 losses, now starting the World Cup campaign. Generally win or draw most games though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Just finished my 14/15 season with Manchester City and alass I think it might be my last season with them. Might make the move to Italy or Spain now as I don't think I can achieve anything more after last season. We won the Leauge Cup, Premiership , FA Cup and Champions Leauge. Really enjoyed building the team and setting up the youths for years to come, hopefully they don't fall apart when I leave. Best players for me was Srna (C) who was immence at right back , Dzeko brilliant goalscorer throughout the seasons , Adam Johnson always popped up with important goals and Javier Pastore who is the best player in the world at the moment, top scorer two seasons in a row for me, he's the heart of that team. If money allows I will be taking him with me hopefully to Madrid or Barca who badly need investment and new players in my game, Juventus would be a decent challenge aswell. Going to resign as manager this evening and wait for a position to open up. So total Trophy count for Man City will be.

UEFA Cup 2011
    Euro super Cup 2011
    Charity Shield x 3 12/13/14
    Premiership Champions x 3 13/14/15
    FA Cup Champions x 2 14/15
    European Champions x 1

Looking forward to moving but will miss this team, had a lot of youth players coming through the team including a young LB called Johann Girault, only cost 7 Million and 2 years later has the wonderkid label and is touted "The next Evra" might nab him aswell if funds allow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Won the league and League Cup with Bolton in my first season, relying mostly on loan deals and the epic goalscoring form of Davies and Elmander. Then they give me £200k to work with in the summer, not really what I was hoping for :pac:

Mancini has joined Chelsea, tempted to apply for the City job....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,976 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I started a game as Blackburn manager yesterday, I have just finished my first season - i kept playing because it was going so good for me, winning the League Cup and finishing 3rd in the League!

In terms of transfers i shipped off what I considered dead wood, for less than i hoped, which still limited me to just 2 transfers in. Players out were Jason Roberts, Pascal Chimbonda (which i have not been forgiven for) and Vincenzo Grella. This raised me just over £2million.

I signed Leigh Griffiths from Dundee for £1.5million ( a bargain seems as though i have never got him in my other games) and Martin Zeman from Sparta Prague for £1million.

In January Chelsea nabbed Jackson Ramm from me, and I recieved £1.1million from a tribunal for that, coupled with threatening the board with the fact that we would be left behind by our rivals i managed to muster up enough to sign a guy called Anele for £1.7million. I really needed cover for right back with Salgado being at the age he was.

Formation:

I mainly played 2 different formations, depending on who I was playing. In any match I considered myself good enough to win I played the following;

formhome.png

And against the bigger clubs, and to much success i played with just 1 up front and an extra man in midfield.

formaway.png

Competitions:

Final League Table:

Very tight at the top. Spurs were running away with it all season, United reeled them in a bit towards the end. I had a bad patch 3/4 the way through the season, and I thought I was going to miss out on a European spot (through the league), However we put a great run together at the end to secure 3rd spot!

Interesting to see Newcastle were only relegated on goal difference! Aston Villa had a tough season, nearly every week the press were saying Houllier was facing the chop, he never did get sacked though.

finaltable.png

League Cup:

I have never found the League Cup to be too difficult to progress in with a Premier League team, I managed to win it, beating Portsmouth 2-0 AET in the Final.

Cup Final Overview

The best thing about winning it for me though, was that I done so without conceding a single goal throughout the entire thing

FA Cup:

I didn't get on so good in the FA Cup, I went out in the 4th round at Home against Derby, who beat me 2-1.

Key Players:

Leigh Griffiths scored 14 in 30, Kalinic netting 12 in 36.

Zeman had 12 assists in 30 games, only scoring 1.

The 2 stand out players though were David Hoilett, who I would probably not have used only for I had no money to spend. He managed to net 10 times and set up 6, and Christopher Samba who had a fantastic season scoring 10 goals! He continually told me he wanted to move to a bigger club, but i eased his worries saying we were getting there, hopefully championss league football will keep him happy next season.

Staff:

With my success came many clubs trying to sign key members of my staff! The bigger clubs managed to nab a few on me, and I hate having to sign staff :mad:, I decided to try sign some recently sacked managers for a new Assistant, Sven and Roy Keane who both gave me false hope in that they agreed to go away and look at the deal, but neither signed. I did manage to get Alan Shearer to sign as my assistant after that!

Next Season:

I have been given £11million of a kitty with the aim of finishing in the top half of the table. I have decided i need a better central midfielder, one who is natural in that position.

As always though I am nearly certain I won't have as good a season as last season, I am just hoping to have one that will add to my reputation.

Still though, £11million is quite a bit more than I was expecting, so onwards and upwards I say!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Told Bolton I would win the league for them, and they've given me £29m to spend!

So far I've signed Mehdi Lacen on a free (it was organised in January), I regret it already because he's not going to play much, Schelotti - a Italian winger, also on a free because he's out of contract, and my friend said he ended up with unbelievable winger stats and as Italian captain in his game!

Also signed Dan Kofi Agyie, for £9.5m which was raised from sales of players. He's a holding midfielder and is only 19 so I hope to make a Michael Essien out of him.

Napoli are looking for extortionate prices for Lukaku, so I might look elsewhere. Trying to get Sigurdsson in from Hoffenheim, my scouts keep sending me messages saying I must get him in no matter what!

Oh, and signed Figueroa for £2.8m - the board took care of it.

Signed a 16-year-old said to be a future star, Djibril Diouf (mix of Cisse and El Hadji Diouf?), and am looking for more youth players but Chelsea are their usual self by signing them all. Any easy way to scout must sign youngsters?

And for some reason, Leigh Griffiths isn't in my game...

Have improved all my staff, and have signed Martin Keown as first team coach. My assistant manager wouldn't take a new role so I guess I'm stuck with him, even though his advice is always average.

I've managed to complete another couple of seasons in my Cork City game. I'm not going to write much given there was little of note occured in the two seasons. We finished 3rd and 4th over the two seasons in the league.

We also had our youth facilties upgraded which finally means we have started recruiting youth players.

The only event of importnace was us winning the FAI cup. We had an easy victory over 1st division monaghan with us winning 4-0. The real test was against Bohs in the semis which we scraped 1-0.

It's become hard to find players that can strengthen the squad so i'm not able to keep up with teams like Bohs and Derry who can sign really expensive and talented players. We've just turned full-time going into the new season though so hopefully this will help us catch up.

I've decided to take a break from that save though and have started a new game as Warrington in the Evo Stick League one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Getting pissed off with this now!

TRying to sign Pastore from Palermo, have gotten a bid accepted and the player is interested in signing for me, I'm even one of his preferred personnel, but he won't accept a contract offer from me!

It's the signing on fee and agent fee that are screwing me over. I just can't seem to make them accept my highest allowed total.

Taking a break now because I can't seem to sign any players without paying through the nose on their fees and wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Did a season with Arsenal and finished 4th. Should have won the league, was gutted as I drew 2 games 3-3 in may. Was winning 3 nil away to Bolton till they pegged me back. Against Everton the lead changed hands but neither of us could get that winner. Top 3 all finished on 83 points, I finished on 82. Utd have Rooney to thank as he scored 40 in the league and 51 in all competitions. Most of the matches I lost we were dominating but just not killing off teams (very familiar sounding).

Starting Transfers
    Bought Shawcross (hoping for no revenge from Ramsey in training) and M'Vila at the start because A) Koscielny is muck statswise, Squillachi & Song were injured and B) I needed some grit in defence and midfield. Plus M'Vila is an Arsene Wenger style signing.

Tactics
    Played control and very fluid 4-2-3-1 and never really changed tactics even if I was away from home. Drilled crosses, press more, roam more and stay on feet. Touchline instructions were hassle opponents, stay on feet and work ball into box. If I needed a goal I would ask players to overlap more and change to attacking. It got a draw against Real away from home who went on and won the CL.
    Striker's role varied depending on possession, DLF if we needed more possession and poacher/advanced forward if we were in control.

January Signings
    In January I signed moussa sissoko to join end of the season and Rakitic once his contract expires. I also signed Lucas (Sao Paulo) and Zezhino (Santos). Both have good potential and Lucas was almost good enough for a spot on the subs bench. Finally I bought Phil Jones from Blackburn with an eye for the future.

Rakitic is a replacement for Rosicky after me and his agent had a falling out on a contract renewal. Have a better replacement in Wilshire and the young brazilians will get more game time. Sissoko was meant to replace Diaby but after some fine performances he's probably done enough to stay. Think denilson and maybe ramsey might be let go as they didn't impress me as much though I may loan them out just in case. Jones is a long term prospect defender so I'll be playing him from the bench (covers 4 positions now) and give him starts occasionally. Djourou is the scapegoat for the 3-3 at Bolton so will be shipped out along with Koscielny who isn't up to scratch. Vela's versatility will mean he stays but Bendtner isn't good enough to challenge for the first team.

Future Signings
    Looking for a world class striker and keeper as I want to develop my youngsters in midfield and defence. Chamakh and RVP did well for me but they never really scored as much as they should have. Both went long periods without scoring. Thinking Dzeko/Benzema or maybe try for Aguero. Akinfeev/Neuer/Adler are the other options. As I did a small database I limited my options.

Star Players
    Nasri was amazing, averaging a goal every 3 games and almost that with assists. Chamakh was good too and then Vermalen/Shawcross were solid in defence. Walcott also hit 17 goals.

Manager Status
    I promised the board a title challenge initially and January so I hope the board keep me on. I've a good relationship with the players and would hope that I stay in the job. If not I'll load up a large database (only did small first time round) and start again.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Dothehustle

Right a bit behind only got fm for xmass
    started off as man u ( all way do in a new fm)
    got board and started again as acf telford in the BSN
    board wanted promation in the first season was allowed 11 grand in wages and no transfer kitty .

just finished first season ened up winning the league by 16 points.
    won the fa trophy ( only played two proper teams)
    best player by a mile was john paul kelly Got him on a free.. Picked up a few other irish lads that where on frees ben whenelan and paul sheils

badly need a good cheap coach and any other good buys to get me through the BSP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

2wew5cl.png

Won the F.A Cup with Bolton meself, finished 8th in the League and won manager of the season. Ancelottie got the sack and I reckon Chelsea might come knocking, wait to see the offer before deciding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

I just started a game with all leagues from all countries selected, with a large database. I started off unemployed with no past experience.

I applied for the African Warriors job, and I was given a one-year deal on €1,000 a week. I am expected to achieve a safe mid-table position, and the media expect me to finish 5th (out of 8) in the South African First Division Coastal. The squad is basically terrible, and there isn't much to work with. I have a wage budget of €3,300 per week (adjusted) and €10K to spend. I will be looking to bring in most of my signings on loan and on free-transfers.

I will post an update when I finish the season.

Just finished first season as Salthill Devon in Irish First Division. Finished second bottom (it was above expectations!) with a wage budget of £1,500 for the season.

Best player was Hakeem Adelakun - great physical stats and a bit of a Roy Keane.

Lapira got 10 goals in 34 games. Couldn't get a player to bang 'em in.

Terry Dixon, Chris Kerr, Moses Barnett, Nathan Rooney, Martin Bavidget and C Chantler were also good.

Bought Kofi Poyser as usual, but he was complete gash.

Currently being linked with the Longford job, but there's no way I'll move from my hometown unless it's a decent job calling (e.g. Galway United or, failing that, Spurs :D)

• Advertisement

Into season 2 with Salthill Devon - it's quite a challenge for you lower-league FMers! Wage bill is only £1,500 a week, so you're constantly looking at your top-paid players and, even if they're doing a job, looking to get someone in to replace them at £40-£60 a week.

Doing much better this season, currently in 1st spot after six games, just beat Shels away and had a good sneer at their manager after.

Bit of a managerial go-around going on at the mo, with Athlone, Waterford, Shels and Bray bosses all getting flak.

Current squad:
    trash.gif

Tried to get a few older lads in there, as Hansen says "You'll never win anything with kids"!

Oh, how I love the Champions League.

Money, money, money... :D

moneymoneymoney.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,431 ✭✭✭✭cson

Oh, how I love the Champions League.

Money, money, money... :D

moneymoneymoney.jpg

Got the same with Rovers but to be honest I think it makes the LOI too easy; you get so far ahead of the pack thanks to CL money and the challenge of it is waning for me. I'll be looking to move jobs after this season I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Just completed my second season with Arsenal and
    did the quadruple

Preseason

I got rid of Djourou, Koscielney and Bendtner for 3.6m, 7.25m and 6m respectively. I only play one striker and Bendtner was 5th choice and since I had no need for 6 centrebacks, 5th and 6th choice were let go. Couldn't get rid of Diaby as his wages demands stopped him leaving to Hoffenheim for 5.5m.

Also let some reserves go who were never going to challenge for the firsts and block the progress of other more promising youngsters.

I already signed Rakitic and Sissoko plus some regens recommended to me by scouts so was looking to strengthen my goalkeepers and possibly a striker. I asked my board to get me Akinfeev and paid 21.5m for him. As the full season came closer I got a few injuries to my forwards and became panicked so looked for short term cover. I didn't have a large transfer budget so I looked at transfer listed players and loan signings. Lukaku was at Man City and was listed for loan but Liverpool pipped me for him. Looked at Santa Cruz but since he was injured I skipper him too.

My assistant came back to me with possible loan targets and Kouma Babacar names was on the list. I still remember seeing him in fm2010's demo and being very impressed with his attributes despite his young age. A 525k loan bid was accepted with a future fee of 10m, he joined us.

Season Start

We had a tough few initial matches on paper against Chelsea(H), Newcastle(A) and Spurs(H) coupled with qualifying for group stages in the CL. We got a nice draw against Bursaspor avoiding Porto, CSKA Moscow and Genoa.
    Simply put we had an amazing start, Vermaelen winning player of the month for the first 2 months and bagging a hatful of goals from the near post and free kicks. We won our first 6 matches and were scoring goals freely.

We got to Christmas looking very good for the title, losing only one match away to Liverpool and having 8 points on our nearest rivals. In the CL, a kind draw meant we got Shaktar, Palermo and Standard and were able to make comfortable progress. However, the second half of the season was much tougher as injuries took affect.

January Transfer Window

I went into the window not looking to recruit anyone specifically though I paid the 10m to get Babacar permanently as he had impressed me when he started. Then Vela, Walcott and RVP (2 months out with tendonitis) were injured reducing my striker options. I wasn't worried too much as still had Babacar and Chamakh to rely upon. That was until the African Cup Of Nations deprived me of them both.

So after realising my mistake in spending 10 million on a player who was unavailable till Senegal went out, I again looked for a short term solution for all 5 of my forwards being unavailable for a few weeks, but couldn't bring in anyone. So I promoted my reserves and youth team's best and make did.

I managed to ship of Diaby to Inter for 4.8m and prepared for a lean spell in front of goal.

Second Half of the Season

Inconsistency crept in away from home and some huge performances were followed with abject ones. Winning 2-0 away at Chelsea then losing 4-0 to West Ham the same week. The league cup run was surprisingly easy and only Bolton in the final tested me before we won out. In the CL, we got drawn against AC Milan in the knock out stage. A hard fought 2-1 loss away and 1-0 at home saw us go through to face Barcelona. Around this time Akinfeev broke a finger and was out for 6 weeks missing the F.A. Cup match against Man Utd and both Barcelona matches meaning Almunia came in.

Man Utd didn't put out a full strength team at home for the F.A. Cup but they managed to hold my full strength team to a draw and led to a subsequent replay. I hadn't managed to beat Utd in 5 attempts. We beat them in the replay but needed another replay at West Ham in the next round to progress. All these replays were starting to pile up fixtures.

Next up was Wolves away before Barcelona away, we lost 2-1 away from home and had a perfectly good goal chalked off, gutted doesn't come close. Not the best preparation for the Nou Camp. Barcelona was a close game until one moment changed the game and we managed to win 4-1 away, at 1-1, Keita was sent off and we managed to go 2-1 up immediately after his sending off. As they pushed for an equaliser, Walcott and Wilshire scored again to make it 4-1.

We lost the home tie 3-1 despite dominating the game we didn't take most of the chances unlike Barcelona who were clinical. Still a win is a win. Next up was Olymique Lyonnais in the semi's. Our away form in the league still was erratic and Man Utd and Chelsea started closing the gap as we dropped points and got games in hand. The away form was DLLLD at one point. The only saving grace was our home form and the fact we had more home games than away fixtures.

The Business End

By now fixture congestion was hurting us, 4 games in 7 days with two of them being both legs of the CL semi final and against Man City (H) and Bolton (A) in the League meant I had to carefully rotate all my players to keep them fresh enough and yet still remain competitive in the final stages of my two biggest goals.

Luckily we managed to reach the CL final after another sending off in the away leg let us defeat 2-1 (3-2 agg) Lyon after the first leg finished 1-1. Had it not been for the sendings off away from home against Barcelona and then Lyon, I'm sure we wouldn't have gone through. The final was against Real Madrid or Monaco and I was shocked to see it was Monaco who won out. All 3 of their knock-out wins in the competition coming via the away goal rule.

In the league things started like they were going our way after beating Man City in style 3-0 at home Against Bolton (our bogey team) a MOTM performance from Jaaskalinen was not enough to stop us from picking up an away win after we finished with 10 men once RVP went off injured. Vela was the hero here scoring deep into injury time.

In the F.A. cup semi final, we slaughtered Newcastle 6-0 to set up a final with Chelsea. There was 3 games left in the league Everton(A) Villa(A) and WBA(H) knowing that we needed to win 2 from 3 (had a game at hand over Chelsea and Utd) to win the league and the two finals to look forward to.

Against Everton we were trounced 3-0. It was an even game, both sides had equal possession but they managed to destroy us on the scoreboard. Afterwards I read the riot act and fined one or two, dicsciplined a few more and told the others that they'd be dropped if they didn't perform. I had now lost the game at hand and knew we had to beat Villa to make sure the fate of the league was in our hands and not our rivals.

For the Villa game I recalled Song after thinking that Denilson didn't protect the back 4, but offered more going forward. M'Vila was a long term injury and was the first choice usually. Song had done wonderfully in difficult away matches and I guessed it was his absence that let Everton win out. At half time it was 0-0 with Walcott looking poor and Wilshire not getting involved in play all the rest were doing so-so. I gave the two youngsters a bollocking and kept my tactics the same for the second half. First corner of the half Dunne scored for them, the live league table mockingly showed a red arrow next to Arsenal as Man Utd took the league lead. I was sickened. Then the turnaround, Chamakh scored from Walcotts cross and then Wilshire scored almost immediately to send us back into first. Another Wilshire goal from Walcotts pass meant we turned it around 3-1 and I was delighted.

We now faced WBA at home knowing a win was all we needed to clinch the league. We pounced on them and started brilliantly, scoring 6 first half goals and WBA had a man sent off. The second half performance wasn't great as the players eased off their opponents after I had been too congratulatory at half time. It stayed 6-0 and we won the leaque in front of our home crowd.

The Finals

Chelsea were all that stood between us and the domestic treble, and I felt inwardly confident as we'd beaten them consistently before. Only problem was Petr Cech's form as he won Player of the Month recently so it was going to be tough to beat him. We started well dominating possession as Chelsea's centre midfielders were slow to close down Fabregas and Song. Wilshire broke the deadlock 10 minutes in and I'd hoped would draw them out from their defensive outlook but they kept defending well and Cech stopping all of our efforts.

After half time Almunia made an error in coming for the ball and Essien scored. For the rest of the half we tried breaking them down but to no avail. they had used up all their subs whilst we still had all 3 to make. We headed for extra time and the dreaded penalties loomed (my players are habitual missers of penalties) unless we could crack the Chelsea rearguard. Step up Walcott in the 111 minute to win it and complete the domestic treble.

Our final game of 67 this season was against Monaco, who were regarded as underdogs in the final, truth be told it was a boring affair, our players were more clinical than theirs and won out. Rakitic missed a penalty and Chamakh scored from the rebound. Chamakh then turned provider as Rakitic then scored to make it 2-0 at the break. I shut up shop for the second half, trusting in the defence and our players ability to score on the break. They pulled one back at 82 mins but it was over at that stage. We had done the quadruple.

I think the final victory in the CL was a hollow one as it wasn't against a "Giant" only a "Giant Killer". Our final was the 4-1 triumph away to Barcelona, anything else just couldn't compare. Also the sending's off meant we didn't play against a side's best, but a win is a win.

Player Review

Chamakh was vital 39 goals /18 assists in all compeitions for us as RVP was sidelined for long periods. He finished with 25 in the league as was top scorer. Walcott chipped in with 23 goals and 14 assists. Shawcross was a rock and played the most matches of any player in the squad. Wilshire and Rakitic were both hugely important getting 22/10 and 17/21 respectively. Most of Rakitic's goals were curlers from outside the box only 4 were inside.

Next Season Plans

Squad wise I'm fairly happy with what I've got, the youngsters are looking very promising, there is good squad depth and I don't want to bring in a big name player to unbalance the dressing room harmony. It would depend on player availabilty but unless Torres/Aguero/Rooney want to join I can't see any big signing. I have one eye on a long term replacement for RVP as he's getting a little too injury prown but that's just between you and me. It'll be mostly promising youngsters.

There might be some players out, a few reserves have slacked off in training once too many times so I'll monitor that and maybe ship a few out.

Hiddink is at City after Mancini was sacked and is now the boss at Chelsea after Ancelotti was sacked (immediately after the F.A. Cup final loss). I had the edge over Ancelotti tactically but found Mancini's Man City far tougher to break down than Chelsea under Ancelotti. Along with Utd, the ever improving Spurs and Liverpool (Hodgeson is still there) I can imagine next year being very tough, especially as not all of those teams will have the CL to focus on.

It might be time to start up a new save as I'd like to stay with Arsenal in this save and see how it plays out but want to try my hand in Seria A as Juve or Fiorentina or maybe Spain.

Attachments are of strikerless January, the players stats for all competitions and the final results over the course of the season and the table. Sorry about the long post, had a lot to cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,216 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

This is my first serious game that I started last week. I'd played FM for less than 2 hours since release before I started this one, Fifa Ultimate Team was taking all my time!. I decided on Suwon because their stadium name gave me a chuckle. Big Bird Stadium...wtf.

Pre-Season Transfers:

Striker, Emile Mpenza - 750k
    Central Midfielder, Ousmane Dabo - Free
    Right wingback, Coelho - Free

You can only have 3 foreign players in the K-League so I decided I needed a ball winning midfielder(Dabo), an attacking defender(Coelho) and some sort of attacking threat which Mpenza would provide. My strikers were muck when I joined the team so he was needed even at 750k.

Tactics:

I employed an attacking 4-2-2 most of the time occasionally going to a 4-5-1 counter attacking if I was playing against one of the top teams in the league.
    I'd stick to changing strategy in-game rather than changing formation. The only problem I was having with my 4-2-2 was my keeper was so slow he couldn't rush out and save anything that came via the long ball for my opposition. My formation was attacking so it cost me a lot of goals.

Board Expectations:

The board didn't care about the domestic cup competitions and wanted me to focus on the league and asian champions league.
    They wanted me to challenge for the K-League and reach the Quarter Finals of the Champs League.
    I was given a budget of €1.1m and €90k p/w to meet these goals which was reasonable.

Half way point:

In the K-League the season runs from March to December with a 3 week break in July. At this point I was tied first in the league, had successfully reached the final of the Peace Cup(I lost to Pohang) and had reached the Quarters of the champs league. I went out early on in the other cup.

Two of my signings were doing well. Mpenza had 9 goals in 14 games and Coelho had 3 goals, 2 assists and 3 MoTM awards in 10 games playing right back. Dabo wasn't doing so well and was really unfit. I got rid of him but I had to give him to Empoli for free, nobody would pay. West Brom offered €1.3m for Coelho which I decided to accept as my other right back did well in sub appearances and the offer was good.

I had to make 2 signings in the transfer window. Julio Cruz was offered to me by his agent so I offered him a 6 month contract to fill in for Mpenza who had just suffered an injury and would be out 6 weeks. I also signed Fernando Arce on a free transfer from Santos Laguna.

Final Standings:

Asian Champs League - Won

I beat Al-Ahli in the quarters(also went out of my way to talk some crap to David O'Leary ;)). Al-Arabi in the semis and then hammered the urawa Red Diamonds of Japan in the Final. Delighted to win it in my first year.

Peace Cup - Lost in finals to Pohang

KFA Cup - Lost in 3rd round.

K-League - Won.(You wouldn't know how pi**ed off I was when Cruz missed that penalty in the 92nd minute :mad:)

I had a terrible last 8 games in the league and dropped from second to 6th. The K-League has a weird system where the top 6 teams after the season qualify for the playoffs. Teams positioned 3rd to 6th face eachother in a 1 game knockout system which I came through beating both Ulsan and Pohang. I then beat rivals Seongnam who finished 2nd and then beat first placed Jeonbuk over 2 legs. it was 5-5 on agg after 2 legs and I won it on penalties :).

Final Table

Future:

I've already decided that Mpenza is too old and unfit to stay another year so I'll sell him. Cruz is also too old so no contract renewal for him. I conceded too many goals so I need 1-2 defenders and hopefully I'll get a goalkeeper(Your keeper has to be South Korean so it's hard to get one good).

I've already got my 2 starting strikers sorted out. Amr Zaki is joining for €1m and I'm signing a Korean called Kim Young-Hoo for €800k.

It's been a lot of fun managing in the K-League and I'm looking forward to making some new signings and hopefully improving next year. I've got the Fifa Club World Cup to look forward to as well in a few weeks :).

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

Well I'm just after finishing my 4th season as manager of Dundalk so I'll just give a wee summary of how things went each season. I'll have to split it into two posts as I can only put 5 attachments per post.

Season 1:

Premier Division:
    5th 2010 League.jpg
    FAI Cup: Runners Up FAI 2010.jpg
    League Cup: Quater Final
    Top Goalscorer: Ross Gaynor - 10
    Top Performer: Garry Breen - 6.95(26 Apps)

Mid Season Transfers
    Alan Kirby - 10k
    Richie Ryan - 7k
    Eric Farro, Didier Caro, Jean Phillippe Caillet, Laurent Guthleber - Free

Summary

First season in charge didn't go too well, we struggled for the majority of the season and just about managed to stay clear of the relegation zone with 3 wins in our last 5 games. We did however have a good run in the cup but just fell short at the final hurdle losing to Derry 3-1. The signings mid season made a big difference as I think we may have got relegated without them.

Season 2:

Premier Division: 2nd 2011 League.jpg
    FAI Cup: 3rd Round
    League Cup: Semi Final
    Setanta Cup: First Round
    Top Goalscorer: Tom Eaves - 12
    Top Performer: Clive Delaney 7.14(32 Apps)

Pre Season

I kicked off pre season by getting rid of some of the deadwood in the squad including Matthew Tipton, Paul Murphy, Peter Cherrie, Ciaran McGuigan, Tom Miller and Tiarnan Mulvenna.

Coming into the club I managed to sign Owen Heary, Clive Delaney and Eamonn Zayed all on frees. Also my parent club Bolton sent me a forward called Tom Eaves on loan.

First Half Of Season

We began the season in great form, we were at the top end of the table for the most part. The only negatives being that we were knocked out of the FAI Cup and Setanta Cup in the early rounds. Derry once again beating me in the FAI Cup.

Mid Season Transfers
    In the transfer window I decided to look for players that were released from their clubs in England. After going through all the clubs in the Premier and the Championship I managed to pick up 3 players on frees which include Robbie Savage, Brian Murphy and Jody Craddock.

Second Half Of Season
    Despite the improvements to the squad we struggled to pick up results towards the end of the season so we ended up finishing in 2nd place and letting Bohs come back and win the league again.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

3rd Season:

Premier Division: 2nd 2012 League.jpg
    FAI Cup: Semi Final
    League Cup: Runners Up
    Setanta Cup: Winner Setanta.jpg
    Europa League: 4th Qualifying Round Europe 2012.jpg
    Top Goalscorer: Eamonn Zayed - 22
    Top Performer: Fahrudin Kuduzovic - 7.32(45 Apps)

Pre Season
    We had a relatively quiet pre season with only 1 player leaving, Steven Lennon, and only 2 players coming in, Pat Sullivan and Jason Byrne.

First Half Of Season
    We had a great start to the season and I finally managed to win my first trophy when we won the Setanta Cup. At the half way point it was once again ourselves and Bohs who were setting the pace, we were still in all the cups and were at the top of the league so all was going well.

Mid Season Transfers

Once again I went through all the released players in England and I managed to bring in Noel Hunt, Rowan Vine and Jonathan Douglas all on frees. Bolton also sent me Lee Angol on loan.

Second Half Of Season

As the season went on Bohs just had that bit too much for us to be able to challenge them for the league and they ran out winners of the league for the third season in a row and for the 2nd season in a row we came 2nd. We were unlucky in the cups, we lost in semi final of the FAI Cup to Drogheda 1-0 and we lost to Finn Harps 3-2 AET in the League Cup final.

Europe
    We kicked off our Euopean Campaign in the Europa League with a 5-3 aggregate win over FH of Iceland in the 2nd Qualifying Round.

We then manage to get through the 3rd Qualifying round with a 3-1 aggregate win over Metalist of Ukraine.

In the 4th Qualifying Round we were so close to making the group stages but we went out after losing on aggregate 5-4 to Stade Rennais.

4th Season:

Premier Division: 1st League 2013.jpg
    FAI Cup: Semi Final
    League Cup: Runners Up
    Setanta Cup: Quater Final
    Europa League: 3rd Qualifying Round Europe 2013.jpg
    Top Goalscorer: Rowan Vine - 17
    Top Performer: Garry Breen - 7.45(44 Apps)

Pre Season
    I decided before the season that once again the deadwood would have to go and I was also conscious that the wage bill was too high. In total 9 players were released from the club including Owen Heary, Liam Burns, Clive Delaney and Alan Kirby.

I didn't bring anyone into the club as I was confident that the small squad I had would be good enough to get us through to the next transfer window where I could once again sprawl through England for more Frees.

First Half Of Season
    The first half of the season went almost perfect. We were top of the league and had only lost 1 game all season. We were still in all the cups bar the Setanta.

Mid Season Transfers
    After looking through Engalnd again I managed to bring in Shola Ameobi, Owen Garven and Michail Antonio all in on frees. My parent clubs sent me Tom Eaves, George Moncur and Sean Murray all on loan.

Second Half Of Season
    The second half of the season went well and we finally managed to win the league, and in the end very convincingly. For the second season in a row we lost the League Cup final, this time a 1-0 loss to Rovers. And for the 3rd time in the last 4 seasons Derry beat me in the FAI Cup.

Europe:
    In the 2nd Qualifying round we comfortably got past Sarajevo 5-1 on aggregate.

In the 3rd Qualifying round we got a horrible draw against Spartak Moscow. We put up a good display and only lost 3-2 on aggregate.

Have just now finished my second season as manager of Blackburn, a quick update of Season 1. I finished 3rd in the league, also winning the League Cup with the achievement of not conceding a goal in it. I had been given £11million to improve the team and so set about my task, with some big nights in Europe in mind.

Season 2

First off the following is the players in and out this season:

season2in.png

I was Delighted with the Capture of Lukaku and at a very decent price. Viana was the best midfielder I could tempt and that was the position i had earmarked as the real need. Bueno was just someone I liked the look of and at a decent price, Brooks was a very good looking youth player at Hull who i nabbed - a 15 year old whose finishing was 16!

In January I recieved a bit more money, I was not really going to buy anyone until an agent approached me saying Srna was looking for a club, i would not have even noticed otherwise. I really wanted him as it was a position i needed cover for, so i adjusted my budget to give more money towards wages and was able to beat stiff competition to sign him. He is the highest earner at the club, if that starts to become a problem i could always sell him :). I also signed Muriqui as he was recommended to me and I liked the look of him.

For players out it is a very long list, mainly just youths and reserves leaving on loan and a few others for free. I did not get any money in from the sale of players, basically as I had no dead wood left to sell - or that actually could be sold.

Expectations:

All that was asked of me was to achieve a mid table position, and this is all i set out for in the aims at the beginning, given that the difference in money did not justify putting down for European qualification - i chose to play it safe.
    In my own mind I wanted to qualify for a European tournament again and had my eye on retaining our League Cup to get that in early and so relieve some pressure.

Early Doors:

I got off to a decent start in the league, two wins out of two and then a draw away to Chelsea - it seemed to me that my luck was holding out from Season one. My group in the Champions League was drawn as

Blackburn
    Werder Bremen
    Shaktar Donetsk
    Spartak Moscow

On first thoughts I was thinking crap, I didn't think there were any guaranteed points, I know there never are but there was little cause for optimism.

League form suffered a little when Europe came about, as expected, However i never fell outside the top 10 from my memory, but I did loose too much ground early on, and by the time the group stage was over and i could concentrate on the league, it seemed to me that dreams of a Champions League spot through the league were gone.

League Cup:

A competition i took very seriously, and in turn taking advantage of the big clubs not doing so. I managed to win it again, which had me in a great mood as i knew i could appease my big players, particularly Samba who was rumbling to leave for bigger things.

I conceded goals this time, mainly due to using some fringe players with my involvement in the Champions League, One tough tie against City that I overcame and didn't have trouble really after that.

season2leaguecup.png

FA Cup:

I didn't really want a good run in the FA Cup, but I wasn't going to try lose on purpose, I could do without the extra fixtures but still put out my strongest team. I was looking like going through to the semi finals being 1-0 up away to Everton, but 2 late goals saw them through. I never faced a team outside of the Premier League.

http://www.oneforthelost.com/Lifetimeimages/season2facup.png

Champions League:

I really wanted to make an impression in this, and after winning the league Cup and knowing any hope of a top 4 finish was gone, I put all my eggs in this basket and put it ahead of League games in terms of resting key players for it.

Final Group Table:

http://www.oneforthelost.com/Lifetimeimages/season2champgroup.png

I ended up winning my group, my defeat came in match day 5 away to Shaktar losing 1-0, I would avenge this in some style in the latter stages of the competition.

I got a great draw for the first knockout round, drawing Zenit St Petersburg winning both legs to see me through.

Next stage saw me drawn against Arsenal, which I was so annoyed with. I knew this was going to be tough and i really didn't want to go out to English opposition. I held them 0-0 at the Emirates, delight for me, but not having a goal was playing in the back of my mind.

I went on to beat them at home 3-2, I would have hated to have gone out on away goals but a 79th minute winner from Samba took me through.

I uploaded that game, out of sheer delight and to see if the youtube thing worked, it was the first time i had noticed it.

I eluded to getting revenge on Shaktar earlier on, and i did so in emphatic style. I thrashed them 6-1 away from home even after going 1-0 down early on. I still look back on this and can't believe it, it is by far my best result in this career. I was delighted after because I had one foot in the final and it would have took a major fook up to not see me there. I beat them at home 2-0 again like in the group and was through to face Bayern in the final.

The Final:

The final was held at the Allianz Arena so home advantage for Bayern who dumped Real out in the semis, I was dreading the thought of being thumped by Real in the final.

I had looked at the scoring charts before the game and had noticed Leigh Griffiths was 1 goal behind Higuain, who wouldn't play in the final, I said to myself if I wasn't going to win it maybe i could get Leigh's name up in lights.

What followed was a major mistake by myself, as i mentioned earlier, i had been basically playing my 2nd team in the League games with my sights set firmly on this competition. Lukaku and Viana could not play because for some reason they were never registered for it. Anyways I look back now and think because I had Griffiths in my mind I assumed i had put him back in, I fixed up the rest of my team and headed to the match.

Alberto Bueno was up front on his own in the biggest game of my career, how could i have been so stupid :( and no chance left to change it now. He had complained with 4 games left of the season that he was going to have to move and so I promised him a shot. I had thrown him in, and to my disbelief and i'm sure if the game generates feelings then to his disbelief he was lining up in a Champions League Final against Bayern.

Anyways it was 0-0 at Half time and was thinking to myself I can do this. I replaced Bueno with Kalinic at half time and in the 65th minute Bayern took the lead. it stayed like that until Kalinic levelled in the 86th minute and Bayern must have been thinking Man Utd all over again.

It went to Extra Time. In the 91st minute Kalinic hit his 2nd and had me jumping about, the unthinkable was happening, but my luck soon ran out, bayern scored twice after that and beat me 3-2, from a massive high I was brought crashing down.

Still however a remarkable achievement, but i look back and wonder what would have happened if Griffiths or kalinic had have started, Bueno had chances that he missed first half, anyways its over and gone.

http://www.oneforthelost.com/Lifetimeimages/season2champknock.png

League:

I managed to finish 7th in the League, and so might have still qualified for Europe if i had not won the League Cup, I lost on the final day to Sunderland, a win which took them above me into 6th.

Liverpool won he league this season, finishing 7 points clear of Spurs who were last seasons champions. Funny thing when you compare it to real life, the news was littered with rumours that Hodgson might leave at the end of the season when his current deal was up, and the board were worried about this :D made me chuckle.

Remarkable that 22 points would have kept you up this season, 2 of the 3 teams which came up went back down, with Boro surviving and winning the FA Cup for good measure!

Interesting to note that Everton drew 18!!! of their games, just 1 under half!

Spare a thought for Sunderland who although finishing 6th won't make Europe thanks to their North East rivals Boro winning the FA Cup

season2finaltable.png

Key Players:

My top scorer in the league, well joint top, was my Central Defender Samba who netted 14 times in the league, the same amount as Leigh Griffiths. This coming from a man who is told to defend, my whole back 4 are given no license to attack and Samba continues to score and score.
    He is a machine! he got 10 goals last season, this season he has played 50 games scoring 19 goals, I would be happy with that from a striker. I urge everyone to buy him if they can, he is amazing in this game in my experience.

Lukaku didn't play as much as he maybe hoped, as I found it hard to get a good game out of him when he wasn't playing up front on his own. He still knocked in a tidy sum of 17 goals. Kalinic scored 18 with griffiths netting 25 to finish my top scorer in all competitions.

Martin Zeman again had a great season, an ever present in my team free from injury and setting up 23 goals. I signed Haris Medunjanin in January of the first season. I didn't play him much in season one, but this season he found his role playing behind the strikers, his creativity and set piece skills enabled him to finish 2nd in my assists table with 18. Praise must go to my Target Man Kalinic, who as well as netting his 18 goals he managed to finish 3rd on my assists table seting up 10 for others.

Hugo Viana the main signing for me managed to set up 10 goals also from his position on his own in the centre of the park. He finished with and average rating of 6.79 which does not seem too high to me, but he seems to have clicked and does his job.

The Future:

I have just received mega money from tv rights in the Champions League, I know Blackburn will back me in the transfer market, they have just cleared the cubs debts and are expanding the stadium by a couple of thousand more seats - they done that last season too.

I don't know though I think I have taken them as far as I can, in that I'm thinking it is downhill from here. I have to swap the Champions League for the Europa next season which is hard to take when I was so so close to winning it.

Sir Alex was sacked halfway through the season with United down in 12th, I missed out on that job and nearly lost the one I have because of it. It became public knowledge and i was offered a chance to resign before I was sacked. I clicked the apologise button and to my relief all was forgiven.

My reputation has gone up now with my achievements this season. There are rumblings at Chelsea and Man City about managers facing the chop. I'm keeping a close eye on proceedings and have not sorted out where my future lays just yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

I got success at all levels with Santa Coloma in Andorra.

First Team.
    AndorranFirstDivisionInformation_Stages.png

B Team.
    AndorranSecondDivisionInformation_LeagueTable.png

Under 19s.
    AndorranU19DivisionInformation_LeagueTable.png

• Advertisement

I got success at all levels with Santa Coloma in Andorra.

I used to put a lot of effort into doing that in England years ago when i used to play, I'd spend hours scouting talented youngsters for free for my u-18's and made sure i spent all my transfer money so i could use back up players in the reserves :)

Nowadays i try get a decent feeder club and hope that they do well out of my players!

What happens in that second division? Do the top 4 have to play each other twice again at the end?

Advertisement