Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot Of Your Story - FM 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,216 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Wuppertaler SV Borussia - Season 11/12 - Regionalliga West

Board Expectations:
    Once again to win the league. For some reason Wuppertal don't seem to be entered into the DFB-Pokal(Cup) so I just have the league again.
    Transfer Budget: €0
    Wage Budget: €23,500 P/W

Transfers In/Out:
    transfersinregionalliga1.png
    transfersoutregionalliga1.png

Couple of signings in there I was really happy with. Lechleiter to replace Sliskovic up front Balogun/Leveque for CB/LB respectively and also Sonko who has left Portsmouth in the summer. I tried to get him in July/August but he wasn't interested. His agent offered him to me in November and I managed to get him on €1.6k P/W. Chukhlei was a big loss because he created so many goals but I didn't bring in anyone to replace him. I had Bertin D'Avesnes from the January transfer window who would play where Chukhlei did.

Starting lineup:
    startinglineup.png

Winter Break Standings:
    League Table
    The league was all but over at this point. It's near impossible to give up an 8 point lead in a division like this. Look at the reserve teams :D. They're so bad you only have a close match 4/5 times a season. I had to see it out though. No signings in January because I didn't need them. There was nobody of 3. Liga standard available so there was no point bringing in a regionalliga standard player for the last 5 months of the season.

Alain N'Kong was playing out of this world and had 14 assists in 18 games played along with 9 goals. Lechleiter had 17 goals and Sonko was a rock at the back. No wonder he didn't want to join at first, he's too good for this division!

End of the season:

Final Table
    Comfortable win in the end. Ahlen looked like the only real challengers in July since they were the recently relegated side and the managed to hold onto a good few of their players but they faded bad after the break.
    My results were pretty good in the second half:
    fixturesregionallifa_1.png

Best Eleven with apps/goals/average ratings

Best players:
    Alain N'Kong - 28 apps/18 goals/25 assists
    Christoph Siefkes - 20 apps/13 goals/10 assists
    Robert Lechleiter - 29 apps/27 goals/8 assists

Next Season:
    ...Shall be interesting :). I'll have to make a few changes mainly I need a CM, another striker since Siefkes will be going back to Bayer and I need a CB. No more hammering reserve teams most weeks either but I should be good enough to compete in the 3. Liga. 2 friendly cup tournaments has raised a good bit of money and the club made a profit for the year. Hopefully I'll get a decent wage but I wont get and transfer money, that's for sure.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Start of season expectations: 15th end of season result: 3rd and promoted to the conference via the playoffs. Start of season was looking like a disaster as I wasn't able to sign new players due my salary budget been well over. Thankfully I had been signing youngsters who obviously matured. Financial situation isn't too bad either. Now I'm looking forward to signing a few players to help me stay in the conference.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Liverpool FC
    2011/12 Season

Top Scorer - Luis Suarez - 45 goals (30 league goals)
    Fans POTY - Luis Suarez
    Premier League POTY - Wayne Rooney won it, but Suarez came 2nd and Hazard was 3rd

Honourable mentions go to Jeremy Menez, Vaclav Kadlec, Ryan Shawcross, Lucas, Alex Sandro and Danny Wilson

Starting XI - was the same as the Fans Best Eleven

Liverpool2012a.png

English Premier League -
    1st

Liverpool2012.png

European Champions League - 1/4 finals, lost on away goals to Shaktar Donesk

Liverpool2012e.png

FA Cup - Won, beat Everton in the Final. Second year in a row I've played these in the final too!

Liverpool2012c.png

League Cup - Won, beat Man City in the Final

Liverpool2012d.png

Transfers

Here's the in/out transfer summary for the season:

Liverpool2012b.png

Managed to get rid of Cole, Konchesky and Skrtl and also loaned out a few of the young lads to get some football!

The signings of Menez, Shawcross and Sandro really boosted the team giving us excellent options both in the attack and defence!

Trying to get rid of Poulsen and Jovanavic now but they don't seem to want to go. Pffft!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Liga Adelante playoffs at the first attempt with Palencia who I got promoted from the Third tier. We really threw the first leg away :(

disasterx.png

And then there was this :eek::eek::eek: Got a slice of luck with the red card and tore into them afterwards!

incredibleturnaround.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

^^

Ya gotta love Football Manager, eh? :D

^^

Ya gotta love Football Manager, eh? :D
    Love/Hate relationship. Lost 3-1 to Deportivo in the final :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,976 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I started a game with Manchester United yesterday, I wasn't going to post my progress until now, where i have a funny/stupid moment to share!

Anyways I lost the League Cup final 1-0 to Man City, I find myself in the FA Cup Final against Villa, The Champions League Final against Arsenal and I also have a battle with Arsenal for the League title.

I am 2 points ahead going into my 3rd last game of the season, Away to Newcastle. Vidic has picked up an injury so i decide to throw Alderweireld into his position after he recently complained about not getting enough football.

I go 2-0 down after 27 minutes and go in 2-0 down at Half time, my final two games are against Liverpool and Chelsea, so i really need to get something out of this game. I make 3 subs and change my tactics to Overload!

Rooney scores after 49 mins and then on his debut Lindegaard scores! Lindegaard I think to myself, how the fook has he scored? It is at this moment i realise i have thrown him in instead of the aforementioned Alderweireld, who will really hate me now that I am giving Goalkeepers a shot in CD ahead of him!

lindegaard_Small.png

Lindegaard, 1 appearance, 1 Clean Sheet, 1 Goal! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Team: Borussia Dortmund - Season 6 (Final Season) (Should get a blog really :pac:)

League
    10/11 - 1st
    11/12 - 1st
    12/13 - 2nd - Schalke
    13/14 - 1st
    14/15 - 1st
    15/16 - 1st

German Cup
    10/11 - 3rd Round v Schalke
    11/12 - Winner
    12/13 - Winner
    13/14 - Semi v Stuttgart
    14/15 - Winner
    15/16 - Winner

German Super Cup
    11/12 - Winner
    12/13 - Winner
    13/14 - Lost v Schalke
    14/15 - Winner
    15/16 - Winner

Europa League
    10/11 - Winner v Atletico Madrid

Champions League
    11/12 - Semis v Arsenal
    12/13 - Quarters v Man City
    13/14 - Winner v Man Utd
    14/15 - Semis v Arsenal
    15/16 - Winner v Real Madrid

Club World Championship
    13/14 - Winner

European Super Cup
    11/12 - Lost v Barça
    14/15 - Winner v Leverkusen

Other
    2014 World Cup win with Uruguay

I took over Dortmund as they were the first team selected by random. Usually I take over Liverpool as I'm a fan and want to bring them back to the glory days, but this time I wanted to do something different. The Bundesliga. This was only my second ever experience of the Bundesliga in my time playing CM/FM, my first was taking over Bayern in FM 2009.

Dortmund have an incredible squad of players, very young and full of potential. I'd outlined a group of 5 core players that no matter what, I was going to hang onto them. Mario Gotze, Mats Hummels, Shinji Kagawa, Lucas Barrios and Nuri Sahin. My task of taking over was simple, to win trophies. As always, (nerd alert), I set myself a plan of what I want to do each season i.e. extend the stadium, upgrade facilities, bring in new and better coaches, which positions to sign players for etc. I also wanted to take control of the U-19 team in order to fully develop those players due to Dortmund having relatively good youth facilities.

I'd also set myself a certain value, wages wise that no matter what or who, that barrier was not to be broken. This value was £75,000/week. Every season a new player would crop up that I'd like to sign and if, after all the negotiating, he wouldn't drop below that number, I'd walk away. I was also screwed over by some of the contracts that the players had had. This is due to the "match the highest earner clause". This clause destroyed my wage budget as I'd accidentally set the Assistant Manager to deal with all contract renewals and, every summer, he'd renegotiate with one of my players and next thing I know, 4 players are now getting new contracts to match the wage increase.

I'd also told myself that other than the core group of players I'd identified, anyone and everyone has a price. Unfortunately for me, Neven Subotic (man mountain of a CD ) was pretty much gone as soon as City had bid £24 million and the chairman accepted. So, I use that money and sign Raphael Varane for £7 million. He became first choice CB after 6 months.

Other players signed include Van der Wiel, Lukaku and others than I cannot remember :o The first season was more of a tester, to see what the players could do in my usual staunchly changed formation of a modified 4-3-3 that looks like this (from previous post and team)

Picture4a.png

Rarely if ever stray from this formation, when I do, I play a 3-5-1-1. This utilised my strength in depth in both defence and midfield.

So the first season went very well despite a tricky start. In the end I came back from 5 points behind in March to win the title from Bayern, who would prove to be the arch enemy of Dortmund throughout my time there. With most of the players being young ish, I was able to put together an excellent run in the EL, eventually winning in extra time against a decent Atletico Madrid side. A strange happening also occurred whereby my reserve team managed to get relegated and there was to be no sight of it again for 3/4 years.

As said already, I set out to have a plan on what to do every season, luckily for me the board decided to extend the stadium for me, giving me extra income that would eventually generate enough revenue to pay the wages/month on its own. So with the extension being done, I decided to try and get the youth facilities upgraded. Surprisingly, it worked.

Next season was more of the same, bringing in youth players and letting go of those over 28 (yes I'm ageist). Also brought in new coaches and set up a loan agreement with Utrecht of Holland to send my up and coming players. It was also my first experience of the CL with BVB. After a first game mullering by Real of 5-0, I eventually made it to the semis, getting a very easy run on the way. Here I met Arsenal who, unfortunately beat me.

The next season again, was more of the same. Out with the old, in with the young. Youth recruitment was in need of upgrading, so I used the finances of the CL run to fund it. The CL run wrecked my league hopes, where I'd accumulated a few injuries to key players and so finished 8 points behind the eventual winners.

Next season was a defining one. I brought in a new striker in Neymar as Barrios decided City's wealth was worth more to him, leaving in a £18 million deal. I struggled for goals in the league as the newbie adapted, but he had no trouble in the CL, firing in 14 goals as he took me all the way to the final, winning against Utd 1-0.

The next summer 14/15, new coaches were added to get the team to the next level, and to keep them there. New signings were also made, drafting in Juan Mata and continuing to bring up the younger players at the expense of the older ones. The league was won by April, a gap of 9 points was insurmountable by the runners up Stuttgart. CL was another almost, losing in the home leg 1-0 after drawing away to Arsenal.

Summer of 15/16, I started to tire of seeing the yellow colour at the top of my screen and wanted a new challenge. But before changing teams I wanted one last crack at the CL. The previous season, I'd lost Sahin for 5 months with a broken leg. Reinforcements in the CM position were required. As well as adding an 18 year old Argentine with 4 1/2 star potential, Javi Martinez was added. This proved to be a vital signing as Sahin again, became injured for a large portion of the season. Neymar was coming into his own and Mario Gotze was becoming an assist machine. A record 23 the season before in the league alone and by the end of this season, he'd break that record to assist 24. Marko Marin, a recruitment from the summer of 13/14 was a marauding winger, popping up with vital goals. The league, was a canter. 11 points the final gap. Cups were won and then the final of all finals. This was to be my last game and against Real. This was the side that inflicted my heaviest ever defeat in my first CL game ever and how brilliant was it that they were to be my last opposition in the CL with Dortmund.

The team clicked, epically. By half time I was almost hysterical as my side proved to be lethal in front of goal, despite gifting possession to Madrid. A final victory, a sweet as you like victory and a hammering to make it even better.

My final ever game with BVB.

Picture10.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

took over of anzhi makhachkala and its a good game. downloaded a db where they are now owned by a sugar daddy and tardelli, bousouffa, dzsudzsak, roberto carlos are all in the team. brought in riquelme, eremenko and victor(brazilian keeper)

took over halfway with club in bottom position but since have won 5 on the trot beating cska moscow 4-1 away. now in 8th looking to make europe.

• Advertisement

Things are taking off nicely in San Marino for me. I've won the domestic double twice in my first two seasons and the club value is just under 500k now. The training and youth facilities are being upgraded at last and I've managed to sign a couple of players released on frees from Italian clubs who are a cut above the rest.

I've just had one of my best FM results to date. We comfortably got past Racing FC of Luxembourg in the Champions League 1st Qualifying Round. Round 2 has paired us with Elfsborg who have quite a few internationals in their side. We've given ourselves a real chance of another cash windfall and a shot at round three with a 1-0 first leg victory. A monumental result for the club and San Marinese football as a whole.

elfsborgbeaten.png

elfsborgbeaten2.png

Rapture! We've a money spinning 3rd Qualifying Round Tie against Steua to look forward to now. If I'm not mistaken, defeat still puts us into the Europa League playoff round.

This was one hell of a nervy game and I can't believe we've made it this far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

So yeah. This. And this. And also this.

That's right, a treble. With Stoke.

June was a fun month for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Overview

Finished my second season with Udinese there and finished second in the league, 1 point behind (and a better goal difference) Martin O’Neills Roma. We were expected to finish 7th. To be honest I’m disappointed as I didn’t manage to win a trophy, knocked out on penalties against Lazio in the Coppa Italia quarters after dominating them but lacking incision and Ajax beating us on the away goal rule after poor defending in the Europa League. Our final league run in to the end was nearly flawless and in the last 12 matches we won 9 and drew 3. We were 11 points the league leaders at one stage so it gives you an idea of how far back we were at one stage.

Our home form was the best in the league (up from 3rd), going undefeated and our away form also improved drastically (6th up from 11th). We had the best defence in the league also and managed to have the second best goal difference.
    165005.png
    Player performances.

Zapata was immense, at one stage his form was 7.98 and he finished with a 7.43 average over the course of the season and chipped in 7 goals from 44 games. He just doesn’t get beaten in the air. My two January acquisitions Douglas Costa and Diego Buonanotte were next best; settling in quickly and immediately challenging for starting berths. Sanchez, Asamoah, Isla and Inler were good also but my player of the year would be Pablo Amero the left back who in 23 games contributed 10 assists and averaged greater than 5 tackles a game. Unfortunately injury curtailed his appearances. Vela and Sandro probably won’t be signed permanently as Sandro got a bumper pay rise whilst with me from £35k to £50k which pushed him out of my payscale. I’ve given myself a strict wage ceiling of £35k and won’t budge. Vela was never going to be a natural complete forward and though versatile he’s not adapted to Seria A as well as the January signings. I’ve earmarked Italian replacements for them both with D’Agostino, Poli and Crisetig and Macheda, Marilungo or possibly a loan of Balotelli if his wage demands aren’t too severe.

Unfortunately the team is getting a lot of attention from the bigger sides and Asamoah, Inler, Zapata, Badelj, Sanchez, Amero and Isla all getting their names mentioned by other sides. I’m reluctant to sell any as I feel that once one goes the dam will open, and their replacements won’t be as good as them initially. I’m gradually trying to bring in more Italian players, we’ve 47% Italian and the league average is 71% but since we’re not a big name in Italian football (yet!) but it's tough. There are bigger fish to compete with and we lack the financial power because of my £35k wage ceiling.

165004.png
    Career front

I’ve attracted attention of some other clubs as both Majorca and AC Milan made approaches. I had no interest in Majorca but AC Milan was an awful lot tougher to say no to. But after I saved the game to give me a moment I was certain to stay with Udinese. AC Milan brought in David Moyes which made me laugh till I realised Everton won the premiership under his tenure last season. I had in my mind that if I was to leave Udinese it would be to Inter Milan (haven’t managed them in fm2011) Real Madrid, Barcelona, Arsenal, Chelsea or Man Utd. Mourinho has just been sacked and my name is considered the front runner. If I was to leave it would be gut wrenching as I feel that I can win Seria A in the next season with one or two improvements to the squad and make a stab at the quarter finals in the Champion’s League. I’ve never done a split save where I branch out into two separate games but it would really be tempting to continue in alternate timelines.
    165006.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Just a short input for me. Me and two of my mates started a challenge between us, pick a League 1 side and see how far you can get in 6 seasons. I picked Charlton, who I didn't know where in financial sh1te! :D

Forgot to take some screenshots. Anyway:

10/11 League 1 Winner
    11/12 Championship Winner
    12/13 16th Premier League
    13/14 8th Premier League (just finished December)

Starting off I didn't get any transfer budget and my wage was nearly used to the max. Upon getting promoted I get no transfer budget and no increase in wage. First season in the Premier I get offered the Chelsea, Leeds and West Brom jobs, I got a tiny transfer bugdet and tiny wage budget and just survived with a win in the last game of the season.

13/14 season I got €36 million transfer and about €450,000 wage, edited them a bit so I'm up to €525,000 wage and about €27 million budget. Brought in some quality players (I'll throw up some sheetshots tomorrow), but my biggest coup was getting Berbatov on a free. Sitting nicely in 8th just over half way through the season, slaughtered Chelsea a few games back, have taken points of Man Utd and have beaten 2nd place Man City so far.:cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Finished second in the BSQ North and then got beaten in the semi final of the play offs. It was looking dodgey around Christmas time, I was down to about 9th after getting off to a good start. I changed my team instructions to that which was shown by Aaronh007 but kept my 4-3-3 (4-5-1) formation. As mentioned Rory Delap (w****r) got my main central midfielder who will be joining Drogheda at the end of the season. That didn't go Hunky Rory as expected due to Delap been given his pink slip :) Financially the club bled throughout the whole season and my wage budget has been cut for the new season so I see the summer being quiet on the transfer front.

Just thought I should say that if you're following the tactics I put up then the following instructions go well with them:

Get the ball forward
    Work the ball into the box
    Hassle opponents
    Stay on your feet

If your players are giving the ball away far too much then don't select 'get the ball forward'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭mcw92

Currently in a game with Burnley.
    Promoted 1st season,(1st)
    Premiership :
    11/12: 10th
    12/13: 16th
    13/14: 9th
    14/15: 5th
    16/17: 1st
    17/18: Currently in 6th, Nov

Have won NPower CChampionship, Premiership, Euro Cup, League Cup and Community Shield.

Total Transfers:
    Spent : 221m
    Received : 209m
    :D

Currently managing Man Utd & Spain.

10/11 - Champions League.
    11/12 - Premier League.
    12/13 - Carling Cup :(
    13/14 - Premier League.
    14/15 - Champions League, Premier League & FA Cup :DTREBLE!!!

Best Signings I've made are Moussa Sissoko, Paulo Henrique, Gareth Bale, Manuel Neuer & Mats Hummels.

Click on their names to see how they developed for me.

The young players that Man Utd already had that developed so well that they are now indispensable to me are Rafael, Fabio and Javier Hernandez.

Started a new game last month or so for lord only knows what reason :p

Clicked select a team and league for me and was given Belenenses of the Portuguese second division, Liga Orangina (still giving me orangina pangs).

Had zero transfer budget and was over the wage budget so was extremely limited by what I could do and whom I could bring in. Signed 2 free agents in central defence, Vagner and Thiago Gomes, both Brazilian who became mainstays in my team as they were both beasts. Both hovered around 8/9 goals for the season. My best signing was also a free and also Brazilian, Ceasar Prates. A right back by trade but could also play at left back and also as a DM, was my main assister creating 11 goals, mainly corners.

I also brought in several players on loan, my best signing was Yaya Sanogo of Auxerre who after becoming injured in his first game and was out for 3 months, went on to become my top scorer with 14 goals. I also brought in several players from top division sides in order to get myself up there. Rafael Costa from Benfica, Diogo Salomao of Sporting and Joao Aurelio of Madeira became star players for me over the season. Sadly, only one of them chose to return for this season.

I also managed to get Belenenses into a great deal with Olympique Lyon as a parent club so that I could take their best youth players on loan for nothing. William Le Pogam became the first player I signed as part of this strategy.

So anyway,

League
    10/11 - Winner by 3 points (Promoted)

Bwin Cup
    10/11 - Group stage - Porto topped it so was knocked out

Taça de Portugal
    10/11 - Semi final - Leiria on away goals :(

Tactics were almost the same as every single time I post on here - a modified 4-5-1 so that it is essentially a 4-2-3-1. I always like to play quick, direct football so often try and sign players to fit the system, not much leeway this season just gone so had to make do with what I had.

My team (can't get photobucket to work :/)

GK - Semmler

RB - Cesar Prates
    CB - Thiago Gomes
    CB - Vagner
    LB - Andre Pires

DM - Sidnei

CM - Cestinho
    CM - Remi Sergio

ARM - Joao Aurelio
    ALM - Diogo Salomao

CF - Yaya Sanogo

My subs aren't even worth mentioning, only playing when I'd injuries/suspensions/fatigue etc

So this season 11/12, my aim is to maintain my first division status, anything more is a major bonus. Was given just £55,000 for my transfer budget, so again free transfers and loans were my only target. Put that money onto my wage budget so I can sign a bit better quality. My first signing was £5,000 p/w Mateja Kezman :pac: so hopefully I can turn him back into the PSV goal machine he once was. Also resigned Le Pogam, Joao Aurelio and Sanogo on loan and brought in Veratti on loan too to bring in competition into my CMs. Another free was Dominic Yobe from HJK Helsinki who has already paid back some of his wages by scoring a hat-trick in my first Liga Sagres (first division) match.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

So I updated the transfers and leagues for this seasons leagues. Took control of QPR and so far have changed the midfield. Terrible forwards on the team, so I've brought back Mido and Kewell into the premiership as a frontline pairup.

Fingers crossed my big gamble will pay off, but I didn't see much of an alternative as the old lineup was crap.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Total hell nightmare. Didn't pay off. Not one goal from either strikers in the first 8 games (1 from Mido in the Carling cup). One point from the first 8 games, which ironically is a 0-0 draw against none other than Chelsea

So I started again, this time at Lausanne-Sports in the Swiss challenge league (championship). Season kicked off with UEFA cup, which Lausanne had qualified for by losing the cup final the season before. Unfortunately I didn't get as far as the real team as I got through my first qualifier but slipt on the second. My not speaking French didn't seem to help as the there was a language barrier issue with some of the players, so at Christmas in mid table midiocrity, I was forced to asked the board for a bit of time, which they accepted. They were not disapointed. During the winter break I did my usual party piece of organising loads of mini leagues and getting money in the bank, tied up any players contracts that were coming to an end, so come the start up, we healthy financially and mentally. Went on a winning streak and got myself as an outsider for the playoff but a draw saw me out all but mathematically with three games to go. The last game of the season, I beat the second placed team, I checked the table afterwards and couldn't believe I was in second place and which is the playoff slot against second from bottom in the Super League. Two legs against Neuchatel Xamax, which I lost 2-1 each time but a succesful season. One of my loaners got player of the season, I had third place also along with best forward and three players were on the team of the season, which unlocked a couple of more achievements. My two loaners will be gone but hopefully, I can find a couple more to replace them but without the lure of the EUFA cup, I can't see anyone big wanting to come but you never know.

So I'm 4 games from the end of my first season. 20th place. 16 points from 34 games, absolutely pathetic. Funnily enough I've got 13 of the 16 since Christmas, which if the league started then, I'd be in 17th place.

My gamble on Mido and Kewell didn't pay off. Mido has been confined to the bench after scoring 1 goal all season. Kewell has scored some crucial goals, including a double against Sunderland to put me 3-1 up in the dying moments. Kieron Dyer has been complaining all season and is being transfer listed at the end of the season.

On the plus side I've somehow managed to capture Hernan Crespo and Luis Garcia for the campaign of re-promotion (signed for a year each). I've also bagged a fantastic goalkeeper by the name of Zacharie Boucher. He's been on fantastic form and has been the main reason of the slight upturn in fortunes since January (Paddy Kenny has been terrible, I knew from day one he wasn't up for games in the premier league).

I have a few plans to reorganise the defence and have Michael Dorsin (great little Swedish defender). I need another strong defender if I have any chance of getting promotion prospects next season. I've tinkered with a few different formations but none of the current defenders couldn't cope with any style of play I put forward.

Now, onwards!

So I was relegated, on my way down though before relegation I managed to secure 2 great youngsters by the names of Leonel Galeano and Marko Maletic. . I snatched Woodgate off Stoke too.

I had an extremely terrible start in the Championship, positioned 20th after 10 games. Midfield was looking quite poor so I took on Zoltan Gera in order to straighten things up. Things have suddenly swung the opposite way though thank god. Went on a great winning streak after my new team had finally gelled together. Maletic is now my highest scorer. Currently 22 games in and I'm back up to 5th, with pundits now making me favourite for the title :D Got drawn against Chelsea for the FA Cup 3rd round so I'm hoping for a battling display.

However my poor area is my right defence at the moment, I'll be investing in one come January. Can anyone recommend a decent right back?

Second season with Lausanne, few games in, a couple of dodgey results and I'm sacked FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. Got offered UCD job, took it but decided to restart and now I'm manager of Paris FC in Frances third tier.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

After the awful performance of Ireland on Friday I decided to start a game and see if I could qualify for the Euro's with what we all know is a limited team. Started it in January 2010, lost 2-0 to Brazil. Drew 3-3 with Paraguay having been 3-1 down after 85 minutes. Lost 4-3 to Chile thanks to a 94th minute goal :-/ before drawing 2-2 with Argentina.

Down to business now and beat Armenia 2-0, Andorra 4-0 and even better, Russia 5-2! Thought I was great and then lost 2-1 to Slovakia thanks to an 87th minute winner from Hamsik. 2-2 with Norway in a friendly to round out the year.

McCarthy and Coleman were epic before both got injured against Slovakia. Leon Best refuses to play again because I didnt pick him when he was injured. 2nd place in the group after four games, one point behind Slovakia and two ahead of Russia. Montengro home and away next so I'm pretty confidant that six points out of that will keep me on course for qualification.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    After the awful performance of Ireland on Friday I decided to start a game and see if I could qualify for the Euro's with what we all know is a limited team. Started it in January 2010, lost 2-0 to Brazil. Drew 3-3 with Paraguay having been 3-1 down after 85 minutes. Lost 4-3 to Chile thanks to a 94th minute goal :-/ before drawing 2-2 with Argentina.

Down to business now and beat Armenia 2-0, Andorra 4-0 and even better, Russia 5-2! Thought I was great and then lost 2-1 to Slovakia thanks to an 87th minute winner from Hamsik. 2-2 with Norway in a friendly to round out the year.

McCarthy and Coleman were epic before both got injured against Slovakia. Leon Best refuses to play again because I didnt pick him when he was injured. 2nd place in the group after four games, one point behind Slovakia and two ahead of Russia. Montengro home and away next so I'm pretty confidant that six points out of that will keep me on course for qualification.
    Finished the qualification campaign and damn near gave myself an aneurysm in the process. :( Won the Carling Nations Cup crap, 3-3 vs Scotland and 3-2 against both Northern Ireland and Wales. Friendly victories over Uruguay (2-1), Bahamas (3-0) and Palestine (7-0) in the midst of a rollercoaster ride.

Beat Macedonia 3-0 at home to go top of the group, lost 3-2 away to drop to second. Beat Slovakia 6-1 at home to go back to the top before getting played off the pitch by Russia and losing 2-0 and dropping to third. Beat Andorra 4-0 to set up a very tense final day. If Russia and Slovakia win, it doesnt matter what I do, I'm out. Russia win 7-0 against Andorra while Slovakia lose to Montenegro. Meanwhile, in Dublin, I'm on the verge of resigning as I'm 2-0 down to poxy Armenia at half time! :mad: Came back to win 4-2 and steal second place to set up a tricky play off with Romania.

Home leg finished 2-2 with their first goal taking about 15 deflections before hitting the net. As if conceding two away goals wasnt bad enough, Stephen Hunt - suspended, Stephen Ward - suspended, Chris McCann - injured, Shane Long - injured, Robbie Keane - injured. :( Not looking good but from somewhere we went to Romania and smashed them 4-0! Dunne, McGeady, Walters and Doyle (His 15th of the tournament!!!). Ireland are going to the Euro's! :D:D:D

20th in the World Rankings as well now. That should be enough to get me a second seed spot for the World Cup right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

I took Wales to No#1 in FM2009.

I did a database with fake players, and we were blessed to have a core of about 16 young, World Class players. I won 2 Euro's, a World Cup, and got to the semis of a World Cup and a Confederations Cup. I was sacked in 2018 for not winning the Confederations Cup.

That was a mad save file though, I'm currently on course for my 10th successive PL title with Newcastle, and I'm only in 2021.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Well I am currently managing the mighty Tyumen. Started unemployed as I loaded loads of leagues, on the new laptop as its fairly decent. Ended up at Tyumen, in the Russian 1st division, they just got promoted. Woeful team, so shipped everyone out and brought in a new team of all free transfers and are now, a slightly less woeful team :D.

Its good fun though, the team is useless and pretty much every much we are 10-1 to win according to the bookies :D.

Pretty much guaranteed relegation though, in the Russian 1st division their is 20 teams, but 5 get relegated, so its gonna be a battle to stay up. Played 7 games and managed to win 2 which is the last 2, and lost the other 5 but in fairness I was messing around with tactics then. The last game I won 2-1 against the team 6th, they had 4 goals disallowed though, its nice when it works in your favour.

Advertisement