Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot Of Your Story - FM 11

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

I'm waiting until the next patch to start my "worldwide" save. I don't know what to do until then.
    What happens in that second division? Do the top 4 have to play each other twice again at the end?

Yeah, the top four teams play each other twice at the end of the season. In the First Division it is the same, except the bottom four teams also do this.

The reason that FC Rangers got promoted is because both first and second were B Teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

havent posted for a while. im onto about my 12th season and after successful spells with zenit and shaktar, and a not so succesful time with werder and bordeaux (resigned after 2 weeks) i am now with benfica where i won the title in my first season. might give them one more season to try win all the cups and then move on again- my rep is world class but i cant seem to get the really top jobs. celtic, newcastle and valencia all came on for me when i was at werder but decided to stay there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Currently playing as Celtic and just started into the 2017/2018 Season.

I've the highest reputation in the game, Mourinho & Ancelotti are the only two other World Class managers in my game.

I've won 7 league titles, 17 Cups & individual 53 Awards with Celtic. I've alos managed Ireland for a WC campaign, loosing to England in the quarter finals in Brazil (they were ranked no.1 in the World at the time)

Celtic have expanded Celtic park to 75,000 recently, upgraded the training facilities to "top", the youth facilities to "state of the art" & well established youth recruitment.

I started my game with 64000 players & ~ 50 leagues running and no first window budgets.

In the first 2 seasons I did the bulk of my spending and I staggered all transfer payments in the first 4 years to end by the end of the 2013/14 season.

1st season - €36M spent
    Haris Medunjanin, David Goodwillie, Lee Wallace, Costel Pantillimon, Andrew Driver, Sergiy Kryvtsov, Mapou Yanga Mbiwa

8 players sold recouping €2.9m

2nd season - €29m spent
    Kevin Doyle, Mark Reynolds, Rafael Toloi, Craig Thomson, Seamus Coleman, Vincent Enyeama

26 players released or sold, recouping €20.5m

3rd season - €11.5m
    Regen Striker, Steven Defour, David Wotherspoon & Dusan Pernis

11 players released, 1 sold, recouping €3.5m

4th season €12.5m
    Maximilian Penz, Quentin Beunardeau (both free) & 18 y/o regen winger

6 released or sold, recouping €2.6m

5th -7th season
    A couple of regens, Garry Bocaly free, Theo Walcott free, Ashley Cole free, Gabriel Silva €11m, Dean Bouzanis €1.2m, Sergio Canales free, Miguel Veloso free.

No major sales but had to sell those who asked for ridiculous terms compared to their ability and age like Enyeama.

I've kept a good core of players together and my average wage is €33k p/w and the total bill is 56% of turnover so its not too bad.

In recent season, bar finding a good freebie, I've stuck to developing youth prospects and I've gotten some decent results.

formation.png

A couple of regens that have either come through the Celtic youth intake or classed as youth products anyways. I have top notch coaches and use custom training schedules that I created myself.

pasquini3.png

paolucci4.png

ftwardzik4.png

forrest3.png

robertwebster1.png

reilly1.png

scott2.png

These two came through the youth intake over the last 2 seasons, these are them on the day they arrived. Will post development ones when the have played a couple of seasons.

calderwood.png

Model Pro, 4 star potential rating

arthurxv.png

Driven, 4 star potential rating

Some of the pathetic offers I have received for players of immense potential or quality is insulting and can only be rationalised as a bug in the game. You have to remember that the standing of the SPL has increased alot in my game.

1st Season: Europa League final, lost to Ajax.
    2nd Season: UCL Semi Final
    3rd Season: UCL Final Lost to Barcelona on penalties
    4th Season: UCL Winner (Beat Lyon)
    5th Season: UCL Winner (Beat Lyon)
    6th Season: UCL 2nd Round lost to Europa League champs Leverkusen who lost the final to Lyon (Had offloaded alot of big names to make way for youth players)
    7th Season: UCL Quarter Finals (Lost to Lyon on away goal, Lyon win the UCL again)

Hopefully this season I have a strong enough squad to win the UCL back off Lyon

My favourite FM11 player: Haris Medunjanin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Epic post Dempsey! Love looking at those stats :D

Won the Premier Division with Salthill last season (2014), with a lot of nail-biting as Bohs had four games in hand at one stage, but ended up crumbling on the final furlong.

Now there's over €1m in the bank, we're in the Champions League, and I'm getting linked with jobs like Portsmouth and Millwall in League 1. I'll probably take the next decent one to come along, as I want to try to get a hold of the Spurs job and dominate Europe with them.

Here's the squad at the moment:

trash-2.gif?t=1295910395

Key players:

- Matthew Pearson: just tied him down to a 5-year deal. The boy is consistency personified, and could do a job in the Championship.

- Cristiano: only just bought him, but the 33-year-old journeyman striker has scored four goals in his first two outings.

- Joseph Lapira: striker that I've modified to play as inside-forward on the left (kind of an advanced Adam Johnson). Consistently gets MOTM awards, and opposite managers always claiming that he "must be stopped".

- Nathan Rooney: only breaking into the team seriously this season. Club captain, great determination and bags of potential.

- Samir Bihmoutine: one of my first signings, and just got his first full cap for Morocco. Does a great job on the left, highly rated by my assistant manager.

- Eamonn Zayed: seems to have tailed off now, but was immense for me last season, with 23 goals, 10 assists and 9 MOTMs in 33 appearances.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

:mad: who the hell schedules FA Cup replays during Internationals?

Picture5.png

Still managed to win 3-0 though :cool::pac:

Picture6.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Not sure if anyone is still playing FM10 but here is a link to my story:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/252200-Rebirth-Blackburn-Rovers-FM10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Club
    St Patrick's Athletic

Season went very well, again. Won the league, Setanta Cup, FAI Cup, League Cup and qualified for the CL Groups. The CL group was mad hard, and only won once, at home to Copenhagen. I can honestly say that the two games against Real Madrid were the most one sided games I've ever played in FM. Fookin' impossible!

Few screenshots of the league table, CL group and the CL game I won against Copenhagen!

2013.png

20134.png

20133.png

My "best eleven" for the year was a bit weird, I don't know how or why Darron Gibson or Liam Kearney aren't in it :confused:

20135.png

Gibson got POTY, with Lapira and Finn coming 2nd and 3rd

20136.png

Made a few decent signings that year too, including Dave Marshall in goal, who is just top quality in the LOI!

20132.png

Country
    Australia

Nowt much to say about 2013 on the international side of things, because I already qualified for the WC in 2012. Just played a couple of friendlies!

My WC Group isn't the hardest and I should qualify!

FIFAWorldCupInformation_Stages.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

2010/2011

Decided (as always) to take over Liverpool football club and bring them back to the glory days.

Squad was filled with overpaid and ageing players so first job was to clear out the deadwood.

Players In
    Eden Hazard - €21M
    *Lacazette - €7.5M
    Cassani - €20M
    *Marco Veratti - €800K
    *Kevin - €2.4M
    Maxwell - €4.3M

*under 21

Players out
    Babel - Loan
    Jovanovic - Loan

Top Scorer - Fernando Torres - 43 Goals
    Most Assists - Steven Gerrard - 11 Assists
    Top rated Player - Steven Gerrard 7.61

Completed The Quadruple so was delighted with that.

English Premier League - 1st
    F.A Cup - Winner (Liverpool 2 - 1 Chelsea)
    League Cup - Winner (Liverpool 2 - 1 Man Utd)
    Europa League - Winner (Liverpool 1 - 1 Dynamo Kiev)(2-0 on penalties)

Final Premier League standings and team below.

Have two more seasons to add so will do that later tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

I'm into 2011-12 season now.

Won the Prem in my first season with LFC. I didn't cheat in terms of re-playing games etc, but i did download a good tactic from the official forums which really suited the team.

Anyways, just starting the new season.... here's my team:

Reina
    Johnson
    Kjaer
    Agger
    Coentrao
    M'Vila
    Meireles
    Hazard
    Pastore
    Gerrard
    Torres

Bench:
    Jones
    Carragher
    Kevin
    Lukaku
    Munian
    Thiago
    Cole

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I've won the last 3 UCL's, the last one being the toughest because I sold Canales this season, released Veloso, Pasquini (regen posted above) & Yanga Mbiwa was suspended and Defour was out with a broken foot. The only addition besides youth products is Craig Smart, screenshot below.

My mission is still to win a UCL using all players that are classed as youth products/homegrown of the Celtic system. Not there yet but making steady progress to achieving that.

Miguel Veloso didnt earn a new contract because he was in steady decline and wanting 55k p/w, released after his 2 year stint. Sold Canales after he wanted 200k p/w (over double of what the next guy was on) so I sold him for €27.5m and I havent missed him at all.

Here's a few screenshots of the players with massive potential that I posted above

Pretty much the 2nd coming of Celtic legend, Danny McGrain. He has a custom schedule at the moment, hoping to to target the crossing, dribbling, off the ball and teamwork attributes but he looks solid in a game where good fullbacks are hard to find imo.

arthur1.png

The Model Professional and a speed demon. Again he's on a training regime that will hopefully get a few more points for his anticipation, passing, technique & dribbling. He's pretty much useless when he cant use his speed into space, much like Theo Walcott.

calderwood1.png

Here's a couple of guys that have developed pretty much to their full potential and it shows in the stats for this season

reilly1.png

Best centre back in the game...

paolucci1.png

When I got rid of Sergio Canales, this guy got alot more game time. His dead ball ability is scary and most of his assists come from laser painted free kicks and corners. He was tutored by Canales, thats why his determination dropped but his personality changed to professional.

robertwebster1.png

This guy has the potential to be a decent Mascherano type of player. He's currently in development, nowhere near his full but here is his mugshot the first day I got him.

macdonald.png

Another striker with bags of potential

bagshaw.png

Obvious drawbacks with this CB but he has huge potential, hopefully I can get him to head a ball and be able to pass a football to someone more competent.

agnew.png

Will post results of these guys progress in the future.

With Veloso and a few others around, signing this lad would have been just stockpiling about 4 years ago when I first spotted him. He's been at Dundee United this whole time and he looks like he will be Efrain Juarez's natural successor.

smartfn.png

He earns about 60k p/w less too :)

Juarez is 32 and he just dropped a point on his first, the very first sign on any decline in his ability. I think if Juarez, looses his lightening pace, he still can still play anchorman with ease.

jurez2.png

The next couple of seasons should be tricky as Defour, Juarez, Bocaly, Wallace, Driver & Yanga Mbiwa are all now the wrong side of 30. Stalwarts of my success for over 8 seasons, some since the very first season, tutors to many many regens and they soon will have to be replaced.

Just got a message telling me that

"Due to technological advances, the club's youth facilities no longer rank where they once did in the footballing world"

"The youth facilities have been affected by these advancements"

Basically, not considered state of the art.

Had to fight with the board to get them to upgrade again, they are sitting on millions and they didnt want to upgrade. Cheeky B'stards! It will be a year before the planning is complete and several months before the upgrades completed. Could be 2 years without quality regens coming through :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

well i decided that i would put both rangers and celtic into the english league pyramid, thing is ive put both of them into the northern premier league(league below conference north division)

should be fun....a few absolute trashings in store over the next 3 seasons....will i be able to sustain my wage bill tho? people might say it wont be fun but i think it will...will get progressively harder as the years go on. its not the winning thats fun its getting there....also it will be fun seeing who reaches the premier league first....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

is this a good game? worth buying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

mayb depends kinda hard to get hooked i find.

BOHtox wrote: »
    is this a good game? worth buying?

Yep, quality game IMO. Get it :D
    partyndbs wrote: »
    mayb depends kinda hard to get hooked i find.

Unfortunately, I find different. If I play just a few games with a team I'm dying to keep going with them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

So managing St Patricks Athletic at the minute.

First Season I was finding my feet, made a number of signings which helped out big time but was average in the league finishing third.

Second Season I put in a good few friendlies and took a large amount of players on trial! Team is playing well as you can see on me fixtures list!

Joey Laipra is the main man of the season so far for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

And this is my youth squad

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭twig

I'm ebbsfleet united.. Started first season signed a rake of players on free and got promoted from the blue square north i think it was straight away.. won the league by 5 points if i do recall.

Second season won promotion to the Npower league 2. Won the league one goal difference even when i was 10 points ahead at Christmas :rolleyes:

Third season Npower league 2 is way harder then the rest.. Had a massive summer clear out of basically everyone and now i have a whole new team.. I currently lie 5th with 9 played.. I have a game in hand and I'm four points off the leaders.. I think ill push for automatic promotion cause i know my team won't be good enough for playoffs and i hate the playoffs.. Signed a few gems for free during the summer.

Over my 3 seasons my only person i have paid money for was my goalkeeping coach who set me back 18k last summer, everyone else was for free.. Average age of squad is 23 and I'm having a bit of trouble when players are called up for international u21/19 squads.. my team gets depleted for a few games..

This game is fantastic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Junior D

How does one put up snapshots???
    Have an extremely proud moment to put up

Junior D wrote: »
    How does one put up snapshots???
    Have an extremely proud moment to put up

Have you got the screenshot saved?

If so go to www.photobucket.com (Or any photo hosting site)

Upload what ever screenshot, then copy the code and paste it here.

My first time posting my progress... oooh the excitement :pac:

Team: Liverpool

I won't bore you with my first season rubbish unless you really want to know that I got knocked out of the Carling and FA Cups in the quarter finals, beat Spurs in the Europa League 5-4 on penalties and won the league by 1 point...

Players brought in:
    Phil Jones - Blackburn
    Eden Hazard - Lille
    Steven Defour - Standard
    Taye Taiwo - Marseille
    Yann M'Vila - Rennes (Jan)
    Alex Smithies - Huddersfield (Jan)
    Ryan Shawcross - Stoke (Jan)
    Jelle "Jellyman" Vossen - Genk (Jan)
    Nuri Sahin - Dortmund (Jan)

Thats all yesterdays news :p

Season 2: 2011/2012

Main signings (Summer/Autumn):
    Luis Suarez £19 million - Ajax
    Jordan Henderson £6 million - Sunderland
    Oriol Romeu £2.4 million - Barcelona
    Lucas £4.5 million - Sao Paulo

Main departures (Summer/Autumn):
    Joe Cole £4 million - Aston Villa
    Lucas £4 million - Inter
    Maxi Rodriguez £3.8 million - Sevilla
    Martin Skrtel £4.5 million - Celtic
    Philipp Degan £0.9 million - West Brom

League:
    Season started well with back to back away wins over Sunderland and Blackpool. Had a great run until the start of October when a lot of injuries occured to players like Defour, Torres, Gerrard, Meireles, Suarez etc which resulted in me having to draft in a lot of reserves (the ones not out on loan) which led to 1 win a 3 draws in October. The team picked up again, only dropping points to Man United away before Christmas.

In the January window, in order to help me win the league, my chairman graciously gave me money to spend.

In:
    Nika Kvekveskiri £1.2 million - Valencia Mestalla
    Alexis Sanchez £12.5 million - Udinese
    Angel Di Maria £7.5 million - Real Madrid (handed in transfer request)
    James McCarthy £6 million - Wigan

Back to the action and after Christmas my strikers were all injured so Sanchez had a baptism of fire up front for the first month. He scored on his debut and for the next 4 games until I played Arsenal away. I lost 5-0. Added to the fact I still had several players out long term, I was not happy at all. Also had my lead at the top of the league cut to three points. I was hoping to get the players back on their feet for the next game, Villa away. No doubt some of you have seen this post. That really peeved me as a manager... losing a game we had a 2-0 lead in and were down to ten men for pretty much 90 minutes (Hazard was sent off 34 seconds in).

Luckily an International break came up enabling me to rest players and continue the rehab of my injured ones. After the break it was Pompey who, hilariously started brilliantly by beating City, Spurs and Everton, ended up losing 30 games in a row as can be seen Picture3-1.png

We beat them 6-0 which lead to us going on an unbeaten run until the end of the season, winning by 7 points after Arsenal fell away due to a bad run. Here's a shot of the final table

Picture7-1.png

Tactics that I used during the season was a mixture of three main formations
    First is a modified 4-3-3

Picture4a.png

Second is another modified 4-3-3 when attacking or looking for a goal

Picture9.png

And thirdly, is a 4-5-1 set to slow passing and narrow play to stifle attacking teams

Picture7a.png

Cups:
    Started the season by winning the Charity Shield and European Super Cup (both vs. United), lost in the Carling Cup to City in the semis and lost in the FA Cup final vs Arsenal

Champions League however, different kettle of fish. Won my group of Palermo, Ajax and Leverkusen. Played and beat CSKA Moscow in the first knockout by 2-1 on aggregate. Played and beat Marseille 2-0 on aggregate, playing a semi final against Arsenal I won on away goals after 3-3 on aggregate.

Played Real Madrid in the final, was actually scared...however, never fear, Torres and Gerrard to the rescue

Picture4.png

And just in case you think Real were weakened in any way, see the teams below

Picture3.png

And here's some stats from the match

Picture6-1.png

Hope you enjoyed the read, I'm certainly enjoying my first Champions League trophy in FM2011 :pac:

• Advertisement

My game is gone mad. I've to do a write-up for 2014 and I'm halfway through 2015 now...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I am with Limerick FC - taken them from First Division to LOI and Champions League group stages) finished fourth with 4 points, got a win and draw against Juventus & Juventus are now in the final :)

Playing in the Champions League is great with the amount of money you get, the season I played in it, all I had was 30k to spend, this season I had over 6 million - thats more than some premier league clubs

2011/2012

On to season 2 and with the influx cash it meant one thing, (too) many signings.
    It was a pretty slow season all round in terms of goals.
    Torres only netting 9 goals in all competions due to a injury riddened season. Dzeko despite getting 19 goals in all competitions really did not impress me. If it wasnt for Gerrard and Neymar I would have really lacked enough goals.

Premiership was pretty close again this year, Arsenal once again proven to be my challengers over-taking me on serveral occasions. In the end I came out on top tho ;)

Champions league went well, considering teh congestion in the latter stages and some injurie problems. Stand out match was the Semi-Finals against R. Madrid.
    First game was away and I drew 1-1 which was great as I have the vital away goal. Next time I would be playing them tho was the next after a crucial Premiership game against Man Utd (2-1 'pool). It ended 3-1 (4-1 agg) with Hazard, Neymar and Dzeko netting the goals.

Final against Barca started well, scored the first goal and they came back. Ended up going to penalties and they won :( moooooving on :p

Players In (First Team)
    Neymar - €15M
    Coentrao - €10.25M
    Hamsik - €21M
    Dzeko - €35M
    Sanogo - €4M
    Medunjani - €1.7M

Total spent (including some u18's) - €91M.

Stand out players were Hamsik, Neymar and Contrao.
    The rest have failed to make a considerable impact or have not had a oppertunity to prove themselves.

Players out (First Team)
    Poulsen - €4.4M
    Babel - €5M
    Aqulani - €12.5M
    Kyrgiakos - Free
    Jovanovic - Loan
    Konchesky - Loan
    N'Gog - €6.5M
    Brad jones - Loan
    Maxi Rodiguez - €4.1M

No matter what. I cannot sell Konchesky or jovanovic. They always go out on loan to purchase for a low price, never do well and end up back here.. :p

Top Scorer - Steven Gerrard - 21
    Most Assists - Steven Gerrard - 16
    Top rated Player - Steven Gerrard - 7.51

English Premier League - 1st
    F.A Cup - Won (Liverpool 3 - 1 Arsenal
    League Cup - Lost (Chelsea 2 - 1 Liverpool)
    Champions League - Final (Lost to Barca on penalties)

Final Premier League Standings
    http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k163/heresy616/?action=view&current=EnglishPremierLeagueStandings.jpg
    EnglishPremierLeagueStandings.jpg

The Team
    http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k163/heresy616/?action=view&current=First11.jpg
    First11.jpg

More seasons to follow when I eventually write them up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,216 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I'm about to lose a really great regen I just bought after 6 months.
    I was so happy after my €4.8m offer was accepted that I didn't care what terms he wanted and I ignored the lame €9m release clause. Now Inter, Hamburg, Leverkusen and Bayern are sniffing around trying to get him. Can't get him to sign a new deal either because he wants a 9k p/w increase, worth it but my board wont allow it .

And what the feck is it with torn calf muscles. Since I installed the patch I've had 4 players go down with calf injuries and my first player go down with a broken leg. Probably a coincidence or my Felix Magath approach to training but I'm blaming the patch .

I'm about to cry. I sold two players in the January window and offered him an improved deal without a release clause which he accepted. In comes Bayern with a €9.75m + future incentives bid. The chairman only stepped in and accepted the bid. Inter also offered €12m + FI's. Shakhtar €15m and Sapdoria €13m.

My best fookin player

Now I don't have Stephane Sessegnon or Konda.

Dirk Müller is a p*ick, go die.

edit: it gets worse. I just realised that all the offers are f**k all up front. €10m+ over a 24 month period.

:mad::mad:

From FM 2008 until now I've always found Arsenal away to be the toughest game on my calender. Pre patch 11.3, my previous game, I always had a tough time even taking a point away from the Emirates, one time culminating in a 5-0 defeat that almost cost me the title. Other games saw me come close to a victory before having it taken away in the final 5 minutes.

Now though, I've got a new team, new game and new patch. The screenshot below is the result of a few years hard work :pac: although, still, they didn't make it easy for me

Picture1-2.png

This may belong in the Snapshot of your Story Thread but it really should belong in a fairytale :pac:

Let me set the scene for you all... two matches left to play in the season, top of the league with Chelsea and Arsenal fighting it out for the title and my penultimate match is against the old enemy, those from up the east lancs road...Manchester United.

Previously this season I had played them at Anfield where the match was a closely fought contest with both sides playing some great end to end football. Having taken the lead from a Rooney goal, United were expecting a cake walk, the mighty Reds however, equalised through young centre back Phil Jones, before taking the lead through the returning Number 9 Andy Carroll on half time. United however equalised again through Rooney before the mighty Reds ran riot. The final result being a ludicrous 6-2 to the Anfield giants.

Picture1-3.png

This close to the end of the season, revenge was in the air at Old Trafford with United looking for blood to avenge their humiliating defeat. A summer breeze drifted through Old Trafford and the Liverpool boss was hoping tired legs could get his side through what would be a very tough game. The game plan had been to hold off United until half time. That was the plan until Jaime Carragher upended Rooney in the box on 11 minutes before Hargreaves scored the resulting penalty.

A feisty match this turned out to be with numerous fouls and committed tackles from both sides. A different Liverpool emerged after halftime with the raucous Carragher taken off before he was sent off and being replaced with youngster Phil Jones. A fantastic sweeping move from the Reds allowed Maxi Rodriguez to steal in from the right to equalise, much to the dismay of United who had been on top. What was to follow was simply bizarre. Two Liverpool players were beset by injury, which left the manager with a massive headache as all subs had been used while pursuing the equaliser... what to do? Go for it...

And on 88 minutes, with Liverpool down to nine men, this attitude paid off when Maxi collected a knockdown from Andy Carroll to place the ball into the net for a Liverpool lead. Controversy was to follow as United were denied a penalty at the other end, while Liverpool's Daniel Agger missed a penalty late into stoppage time. The final score was 2-1 to the men from Liverpool, the title was also on its way back to Anfield :D

Picture3-2.png

Crazy games vs United

• Registered Users Posts: 15,216 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Quit as Frankfurt manager in a drunken rage after losing to Villareal in the Europa League. I was enjoying it :(.

But...The Spartak boss got fired for under performing and I was approached. €47m for transfers and a €1.1m wage budget :eek:. I only had €6m for transfers and €500k for wages @ Frankfurt at the start of the 17/18 season.

I'm disappointed that I rage quit on FSV but delighted at the same time :D.

But of course my star player from FSV got snapped up by Chelsea for €18m in the week between rage quitting and being hired by Spartak :rolleyes:.

It may have something to do with the time of day/night/morning but I've just made a very expensive yet entirely illogical transfer. Illogical on the basis that not only do I not need him, but he will not fit into my system at all.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you....

Picture1-4.png

In the spur of the moment, after seeing Jurgen Klopp leave Dortmund for HSV, I decided to resign from Liverpool halfway through the year and go for the Dortmund job.

First signing for January (at time of joining BVB middle of November) (at time of typing, start of December) was Paulo Henrique, also known as Ganso... looking forward to seeing how he fits in with Kagawa and Gotze.

Anyways, the following happened in a match (unfortunately I can't get a vid), but... :mad::mad:

Picture1-5.png

won the game eventually but still...mad distance out. May now need to go for a better keeper :o

*EDIT* - just a quick edit... lots of managers getting the chop and I'm getting loads and loads of offers. Never used to get any. Not going to leave Dortmund now though, only just got them used to my passing tactics :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Finished the season as Coventry manager, finished 7th :( its impressive in that I was expected to come 13th or something but just outside the playoff's :(. Am really struggling though as I haven't got a penny to spend which wouldn't bother me only I can't even offer over £170 p/w wages, which is useless.

Marlon King won't leave the club even though he is missing training every 3rd week and giving out when I fine him 2 weeks wages. Rivaldo is 39, Martin Jorgensen said he is retiring soon. I have about 5 players that I have set to 0 asking price and still can't get rid of them :(. But I am loving it its a great challenge :D, applied for the QPR job though hopefully get that. Which I didn't get :D

Advertisement