Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot Of Your Story - FM 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Having won the league with Dortmund, coming back from 9 points behind when I signed to win by 3 points, the man who replaced me as Liverpool manager (Rafa Benitez!) has become England manager. So, in another spur of the moment decision, I re-applied to become Liverpool manager :D

Got accepted and am now back where I started. Not going to leave now until I win them the CL they, and I crave.

Also have set myself a target to barely use transfer funds for the next 2/3 years to help improve finances so I can upgrade my youth facilities and maybe after another 3/4 seasons I can finally bring through some homegrown youth players.

Side note: am slightly sickened that I've lost one of my best youth players that I signed originally, only because I signed him for Dortmund days before Benitez left :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

My race for the title is more or less over if I lose this game against Arsenal who are 4 points ahead with Liverpool having a game in hand. Losing 3-2 with 30mins to go so Im going Gung Ho in order to win. If not they will be 10pts ahead but I sill will have a game in hand.

Only 7 games left tho and Chelsea are on equal points with me but a much greater GD. Could be a 3rd place finish. :(

*Liking this tho, as in previous games I was always top which got bored quickly. :p

Finished a draw 3-3. Still keeps me in with a long shot of winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Just started my 2nd season as Villa boss, have a feeling it's gonna be a difficult one. First term was a successful one, finishing in 4th spot grabbing the final CL spot. Nothing of note in the cup competitions. Bought and sold alot of players in 1st season and someone already mentioned can't give Heskey away, he wants us to pay half his wages for any new club !!

Notable signings last season:
    Michael Rensing €0
    Gary Cahill €6.75m
    Leonel Galeano €6.75m
    Romelu Lukaku €9m

Have brought in alot this summer in the hope of kicking on but may well have been a mistake.

VillaTransfers20112012.jpg

Football%20Manager%202011

Football%20Manager%202011

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Finally got around to getting a game going of this. Started with Arsenal as always.

Transfers In:

Akinfeev (CSKA) - £20M
    Annan (Rosenborg) - £3M

Transfers Out:
    None - I can't move any of my fecking players no matter how hard I try :mad:

• Advertisement

My board aren't happy:

BoardConfidence.png

yet ........

Linkedtochelsea.png

My alias is Diego by the way !!

Team: Arsenal

League
    10/11 - 1st.

FA Cup
    10/11 -4th Round - Reading

League Cup
    10/11 - Winner

Champions League
    10/11 - Winner - Real Madrid

Where any team listed above is the team I was knocked out by/beat and at what stage of the competition.

Transfers:

Akinfeev and Annan came in before the season started. Akinfeev was a brilliant buy, he saved 4/5 penalties over the course of the season. Including one in the 85th minute of the Semi Final of the Champions League against AC that would have sent it to injury time. The board very kindly decided to give me an extra 24M to spend in January so I brought in Hazard and Luiz. The rest are youth players I'm looking to develop. Wellinton and Martinez were arranged before I took charge.

Had problems shifting any players as most wanted compensation that high that I may as well just keep them. Eventually managed to shift on the deadwood in Rosicky, Denilson and Mannone. Tried to get rid of more youth players on loan/transfer but nothing doing.

Won the league with two games to spare over United. Good thing too as Liverpool and Chelsea were my last two games. Put out a reserve side against Pool and got a ridiculous waft of injuries. Eboué, Gibbs, Luiz, Djourou and Diaby all injured by the 60th. minute so I ended up playing a half hour with 9 men and managed to win 2-1!

Carling Cup run was fairly straight forward, City were poor and I didn't even have a full team out when I beat them. Villa were a much harder prospect and I struggled to beat them in the LC as well as the League. The final was very close and we were probably lucky to win it, Chelsea missed a waft of chances. Luckily no clangers between Koscielny and Woj :P

FA Cup was a nightmare. Knocked out in our second game by Reading. Board and fans weren't too happy with me after that.

Walked my group in the Champions League, put out reserve sides in the last two games and still finished on max points. I wasn't looking forward to playing Shakhtar but just before our game Neymar got injured and they turned out to be no great shakes and I had the game won in the away leg.
    Next game against Chelsea was a very nervy affair and as you can see went to penos, I was on the edge of my seat for that one willing the little dots on :pac:
    Went very defensive in the first leg against AC with a 4-5-1 and managed to eke out a 1-1 draw.
    Second leg we were all over them and Chamakh (RVP was suspended) and Nasri missed a bucketload of chances each. When they got a peno near the end I was devestated and waiting for the sucker punch but luckily Akinfeev saved it and became a cult hero.
    I went into the Final expecting a hammering off Madrid who had walked La Liga. Ronaldo/Di Maria/Ozil/Higuaín had 97 goals between them. For the first 27 minutes exactly that happened, they battered my goal and I couldn't get out of my own half. However in the 28th minute Nasri managed to get the ball down and sprung a counter. Just as he entered the Madrid half Ramos took him down from behind and got a straight red. Went in 0-0 at HT then a minute after the restart Fabregas banged in a 25yard curler. Switched to a counter attacking style and caught them on the break near the end when Walcott had a shot deflected into his own net by Arbeloa :D

A number of awards in our team too:

van Persie - Footballer of the Year (Wilshere came 3rd.)
    Fabregas - Players' Player of the Year
    Nasri - Players' young Player of the Year
    Me - Manager of the Year
    Sagna, Fabregas, Wilshere, RVP, Vermaelen - Team of the Year
    And RVP came 3rd in the Top Goalscorer stakes.

Squad:

Regarding Squad for next year there will be a few moving on.
    Koscielny has never liked me and keeps filing transfer requests so I may have to let him go come the summer. If nto one of Djourou/Squillaci will be sold and another CB brough it.I wanted to get Mexés on a free but Bayern got there before me :(

Diaby is to be sold. He's useless.
    Will probably sell Arshavin too and look to bring in a better wide man. I had my eye on Alexis Sanchez but he's currently tearing it up at Sunderland who I doubt will sell.I'm going to try and shift as many reserve team players on as possible too, some of them are on ridiculous wages.

One of Bendtner/Chamakh will be sold too and a top drawer striker brought in to provide RVP with some competition.

I got the bullet !!

518 days at the club.
    Games played 80
    Games won 41
    Games drawn 20
    Games lost 19

The Chelsea job which I was touted for is available so I've applied.

I got the bullet !!

518 days at the club.
    Games played 80
    Games won 41
    Games drawn 20
    Games lost 19

The Chelsea job which I was touted for is available so I've applied.

No good ......... Quique Flores is their man

^Would have been a nice step up if got it!
    Btw just noticed you got Andy Carroll for 1.2m. Steal!

• Advertisement

Got Blackpool job so rather than heading one direction I've gone the other, The Championship !!

Yeah thought Carroll was for nothing but he never got the chance to breakthrough with lukaku,agbon and macheda (on loan). Gonna try and bring him to Blackpool now where he'll start week in week out at a lower level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Scotland just won the 2014 WC in my game :pac:

Knocking out Brazil and France along the way. Will whack up a screen shot later on.

Lost Reina to Barça in the Summer after he wished to move onto a bigger club (the bastard :pac:), he rejected my offer of a new bumper contract so had to let him go. Got a hefty fee of £40 million for him though and had already signed a pre-contract with Neuer on a free to replace him. He was only supposed to be the backup keeper. Anyways, days later, Guardiola leaves them and I'm offered a 5 year contract with a £70 million transfer budget and £300,000 wage budget

I turned it down... the reason was that I want to build a new stadium for Liverpool, along with better youth facilities but my board keeps turning me down. Going to hold onto Reina's transfer loot and hope to pitch it to them again when the finances look better

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Just started my 3rd season with Liverpool, also got the Ireland job in Summer 2012

Season 2010/11
    Premier League...7th

FA Cup...Winners against Man City in the Final

Carling Cup...Knocked out in Semi Final by Sunderland using Reserves and Youth only

Europa League...Knocked out in 2nd Knockout Round

My Main Transfers that Season:
    IN:
    Axel Witsel...3.6m
    Taye Taiwo...4m
    Romelu Lukaku...10.5m
    Eden Hazard...16.5m

OUT:
    Dirk Kuyt...9.5m
    Maxi Rodriguez...5.75m

All in all, an average season with a very poor league performance, i managed to improve a lot of my youngsters while winning a trophy though.
    Top Goalscorer: Andy Carroll...29 Goals, 18 in League
    Highest AvR: Eden Hazard...7.48(35 Apps)
    Fans Player of the Year: Steven Gerrard

Season 2011/12
    Premier League...2nd

FA Cup...Winners against Man United in the Final

Carling Cup...Knocked out in 3rd Round by Spurs using Reserves and Youth only

Europa League...Knocked out in 2nd Knockout Round again

My Main Transfers that Season:
    IN:
    Fernando Gago...1m
    Kyriakos Papadopoulos...9.5m
    Ashley Young...18.5m
    Alexis Sanchez...18.5m
    Gary Cahill...6m

OUT:
    Martin Skrtel...11.25m
    Milan Jovanovic...2m
    Alberto Aquilani...9m
    Luis Suarez...20m
    Emiliano Insua...4m
    Joe Cole...3.5m

Massive improvement in the league, managed to go 23 games without defeat and finishing only 4 points behind City compared to 19 the year before. Managed to win the FA Cup again. Have bought in a lot of youngster who i hope to bring into the first team squad within 2-3 years.
    Top Goalscorer: Andy Carroll...22 goals, 13 in the League
    Highest AvR: Eden Hazard...7.31(49 apps)
    Fans Player of the Year: Andy Carroll

Season 2012/13

Main Transfers of Summer 2012:
    IN:
    Mats Hummels...19.25m
    Ismail Aissati...Free
    Steven Defour...9.5m

OUT:
    Raul Meireles....11.25m
    David N'Gog...5.25m

Current Squad is:

GK: Pepe Reina/Zacharie Boucher

DR: Glen Johnson/Martin Kelly
    DL: Taye Taiwo/Dan Agger
    DCR: Mats Hummels/Gary Cahill
    DCL: Kyriakos Papadopoulos/Danny Wilson

MCR: Steven Gerrard/Lucas
    MCL: Steven Defour/JonoJo Shelvey

AMR: Alexis Sanchez/Axel Witsel
    AMC: Eden Hazard/Dani Pacheco
    AML: Ashley Young/Ismail Aissati

FC: Andy Carroll/Romelu Lukaku

Add to that a lot of very talented youngsters waiting to break through and i think i will have a very good shot at winning a lot of trophies for a few years to come.

2010/2011

Finally finished the first season (Once again) with Liverpool But forgot to take screenshots or note any in-dept details :(

Players In
    Dafour - €12m
    Cairny - €3.8m
    Verratti - €1.5m
    Cissokho - €27m
    Lucas - €8m
    Medunjanin - €1.7m
    Thorgan hazard - €2.6m

Players Out
    Jovanovic - €4m
    Spearing - €1m

Top Scorer - Suarez - 28 goals (18 league)
    Highest Avg. rating - Steven Gerrard - 7.31 (58 app)
    Fans Player of The Year - Steven Gerrard

Final Standings

English Premier League - 2nd

The Premiership was crazy close, unfortunly the bad start to the season caught me in the end with Arsenal winning with 87 points, myself on 86 and Chelsea with 85. Could have finished equal with Arsenal but I could only manage a draw in the second last game, tho Arsenal would have still won on GD. (had 2 games within 3 days so that didn't help)

League Cup - Knocked out 4th round - Chelsea 2-1

Didnt get as far as I would have liked but I dont mind, tis only the league cup and reserve/youth players gave it the best they could against a full strenght (Wtf?) chelsea. Torres and Drogba scoring.

F.A Cup - Lost in the Final - Chelsea 1-0

Sickened to have lost, especially when it came down to Skrtle being caught out of position and Torres scoring :mad:

Europa League - Won - Juventus 3-1 on penalties.

Had this game just after the loss to Chelsea in the F.A so the team was pretty demotivated. Dominated the game but no one had their finishing boots on and dragged on the whole 120 minutes.

Line-up - 41212
    Reina
    Johnson--Skrtle--Agger--Cissokho
    Defour

Veratti
    Miereles

Gerrard

Carroll
    Suarez

Subs
    Kuyt
    Lucas
    Medunjanin
    Cairny
    Lucas
    Carragher
    Wilson

2011/2012

Only after the pre-season but have made some changes. (70m/2.2m budget)

Players In
    Eden Hazard - €25m
    M'Vila - €5m
    Falcao - €6m
    Turan - (P/x with Insua) - €12m? (Work in progress)

Players Out
    Lucas - €12.5
    Raul Meireles - €12m
    Aquilani - €14m
    Maxi Rodriguez - €5m

Considering Paulo henrique but they want 38m for him.. Tempted by him but I think I have plenty of CM to get me through this year. Especially with great youth prospects like Cairny, Verratti, Kevin, Suso breaking into the first team. Might still buy him and loan Verratti/Kevin/Suso.

Well thats all for now. Should be a few new faces coming in and a few old faces moving on. Still have to get rid of Joe Cole and Konchesky

Current mock Line-up

Reina
    Johnson--Skrtle--Agger--Cissokho
    Defour

Henrique?---Gerrard

Hazard

Falcao
    Suarez

Subs
    Carroll
    Lucas
    Verratti
    M'vila
    Wilson
    Kelly

Team: Arsenal - Season 2

League
    10/11 - 1st.
    11/12 - 1st.

FA Cup
    10/11 - 4th Round - Reading
    11/12 - Crystal Palace - 4th Round Replay - 1-3

League Cup
    10/11 - Winner
    11/12 - 3rd Round - Wolves (p)

Champions League
    10/11 - Winner - Real Madrid
    11/12 - Semis - Barcelona

Other

11/12 - Euro super Cup - Beat Spurs 2-1 in final
    11/12 - World Club Championships - Beat Internacioncal 3-0 in final

Where any team listed above is the team I was knocked out by/beat and at what stage of the competition.

Transfers:

transfers.jpg

Pastore turned out to be an unbelievable buy and well worth the money as can be seen below:

pastore.jpg

17 goals and 10 assists in his first season was a fantastic return. Played him in the AMC position as an Advanced Playmaker with Roaming on, Creative Freedom Much, Run with Ball and Long Shots Often and he tore it up.

Sanchez has a fractured arm when he arrived, ironically picked up in the match against me only a few days before he was due to join. Just as he was bedding in he suffered a sports hernia and then sprained his ankle so while a return of only two goals seems fairly underwhelming I'm confident he'll rip it up next year.

Sakho was a rock at the back for me and has formed a great partnership with Vermaelen.

Kadlec is backup to RVP and himself and Vela did that job reasonably well.

Finck and Thorgan Hazard are possible wonderkids I'm looking to develop.

I've Lukaku arriving in the summer transfer window for £3M also. Mexés is joining on a free after only getting a one year contract with Bayern, he'll be mainly cover. Vanden Borre is coming in the summer on a free too until I can find a better backup RB for Sagna as Eboué was very poor this season and I might look to ship him out.

Squad looks as so as of the end of the season:

squad.jpg

Fairly strong in all areas and it's just decent competition for Sagna and Clichy that is needed as neither Gibbs nor Eboué are up to it.

This was my staple formation for 90% of games:

tactics.jpg

Worked really well for me. I thought I'd get slaughtered against bigger teams but I tended to win the ball back so high up the pitch that I was rarely under pressure at the back and most of the goals I conceded were when I was caught on the counter.

Finished top of the league again and it was at a canter this time really:

leaguetable-1.jpg

Champions League run below:

CL.jpg

Coasted the group and played the reserves in the last game. Hammered Shakhtar away from home for the second year running and played the kids in the second leg and drew 0-0 to go through.

Madrid were missing Ronaldo and Higuaín which was huge and I just about managed to sneak through with a 4-5-1 at the Bernabeau.

Barca were all over me in the first leg and looked like winning until I got a 90th. minute peno which Fabregas duly dispatched to give me a vital away goal. Unfortunately I just couldn't break them down at The Emirates and a second successive final was not to be.

Domestic cups were a disaster this year. Usually play the kids/reserves to give them game time to garner up some interest so I can send them out on loan but I'll be taking the FA Cup seriously next year for sure.

A few individual awards in our team too:

van Persie - Players' Player of the Year (Hazard 2nd & Pastore 3rd - Clean Sweep :D )
    Akinfeev, Sagna, Clichy, Hazard, Pastore, van Persie - Team of the Year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Havn't updated this in awhile, but, just beat Man Utd 2-1 in the FA Cup Semi Final!!

Super pool!

^^

Just realised I set up a final against Everton! Quality :)

Got Blackpool job so rather than heading one direction I've gone the other, The Championship !!

Yeah thought Carroll was for nothing but he never got the chance to breakthrough with lukaku,agbon and macheda (on loan). Gonna try and bring him to Blackpool now where he'll start week in week out at a lower level.

Narrowly missed out on the last play-off spot for Premiership so the Championship for another season. Brought in Rafael Sobis in January and he returned 7 goals in 11 appearances, he picked up an injury. He could have been the difference between play-offs and missing out had he stayed fit.

During the pre-season I've made some dealings:
    transfers1213.png

One nasty clause when negotiating contracts is Match Highest Earner, I've got 5 players on 56k a week which isn't really sustainable in the championship.

I've made a great start to the new season:
    blackpool1213openingfixtures.png

So here's hoping :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Second season in Blue square north with Solihull, all was going superb around Christmas won 10 on the trot got up to second and then it all went pear shaped and I finished twelfth. Did OK in cups. The financial situation is poor though and this has been reflected by a cut in the wage budget this season. I've let nonessential players go (which would have happened anyway) and I've only signed a couple of players that I feel will make a difference on frees (which was done before the change in budget). I do want to make the team both profitable and successful which I know are linked.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement

Should really give a snapshot of my own story. I decided to try and do a Mourinho and move around the top leagues in Europe and win them all. The nations I chose were England, Spain, Germany, France and Italy.

I began with the easiest option and selected Barcelona. In my three seasons in the Nou Camp, I won 3 La Ligas, 3 Spanish Super Cups, 2 Copa Del Reys and 1 UEFA Champions League.

After three seasons there I was given the opportunity to take over Spurs which I decided to take. In the three seasons in charge of Spurs I came 4th, then 3rd and then won the league in my final season by 2 points. I felt the team I had designed at Tottenham was just maturing and had its' best years ahead, but when the offer of the Juve job came up I had to take it to complete my objectives.

Just finished my first season in Italy were I won the Serie A, but disappointingly got knocked out of the Europa League by Bremen in the QF and lost the Italian Cup Final to AC Milan with a last min goal.

^I always wanted to do that, but I just get way too attached to my team so I never have the heart to leave lol!

Was offered the England job so decided to take it. First thing I did, get rid of all the old players and replace them with players from my club :pac:

2010/11 Season
    Liverpool FC

Just finished the first season there yesterday, which went reasonably well. Using the latest update too, 11.3 is it? The only trophy I won was the FA Cup, but, I just about finished 4th so qualified for the CL. It took me a fair few games to sort out what way I wanted to play and who I wanted in my starting XI, but eventually got it all sorted out. Also probably spent a bit too much on Lukaku, 11 million plus clauses that can bring it over 20 million...

Top Scorer: Gerrard - 20 goals (12 league)
    Fans POTY: Gerrard
    Premier League POTY: Eden Hazard, 8 goals, 32 assists, 12 MOTM's with an average rating of 7.46 (7 goals, 21 assists, 8 MOTM and AvRating of 7.56 in league)

Honourable mentions go to Suarez, Kuyt, Lucas, Danny Wilson, Lukaku, Carroll, Lugano, Kadlec and Miereles (...when not injured)

Just gonna post the screenshots for Gerrard, Hazard and Suarez, but I've played one game in the 2011/12 season so dunno how to get their stats from last season up on the screen!?!

StevenGerrardProfile_Attributes.png

EdenHazardProfile_Attributes.png

LuisSurezProfile_Attributes-2.png

English Premier League: 4th

Spurs ran away with the league, the bastards!

EnglishPremierDivisionInformation_LeagueTable.png

FA Cup: Won, 3-2 against Everton. Route to the cup final wasn't the easiest either, playing/beating Man City and Man Utd on the way.

LiverpoolLiverpool_Fixtures.png

League Cup: 3rd Round, lost 5-0 to Chelsea :o

ChelseavLiverpoolInformation_Overview.png

Europa League: 2nd Knockout Round, lost on away goals to Borussia Dortmund. This was really annoying at the time as in the first leg I was winning 1-0, and in the 90th minute Reina dropped the ball and Danny Agger hoofed it into the top corner of our own goal. Pfffft.

Transfers
    Here's the screenshot. Says it all really. Players in, players out :)

LiverpoolTransfers_History.png

Eden Hazard was by far the best signing of the lot, and as mentioned above, won the Premier League Player of the Year. Kadlec starting becoming great towards the end of the season too.

Starting XI
    This is the starting eleven I wanted to play when I could, but injuries in this game wouldn't allow for that all the time :(, I'd play a short passing, balanced game, which seemed to work best for me.

LiverpoolStarting11.jpg

Yakult wrote: »
    ^I always wanted to do that, but I just get way too attached to my team so I never have the heart to leave lol!

It was a very tough decision! Spurs won the league by 8 point the season after my departure. Left them in a seriously good position with no players over the age of 31 in my first 11 bar Gomes. Probably should have stuck around longer but maybe after a few more season in Italy I'll try go back :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Doing something similar to SantryRed myself, except the countries I chose are England, Ireland, Spain and Italy. Currently with Spurs and 4th in the league after 9 games.

Coming towards the business end of 2012/2013 and I've just had myself a treble clash, one after another with United... Champions League Quarter Finals 1st Leg - League game - CL 1/4s 2nd leg, all within the space of a week.

Picture7-2.png

CL 1/4s 1st Leg
    Picture1-7-1.png

League
    Picture4-2.png

CL 1/4s 2nd Leg
    Picture6-3.png

My heart cannot take such epicness :pac: :D

My victories over United are not limited to these three meetings. They are in fact, the only team in the league, in my FM game anyway, that I've never dropped points to or lost to. Bizarre or what? I'm forever winning, losing, drawing with Arsenal, Chelsea, City, Spurs etc and constantly dropping points against Newcastle and West Ham but never to United

In the 13 games I've played them over the past 3 seasons, I've not lost to them. And my goal record is staggering, despite the games actually being closer than a lot of the scores give them credit for.

Picture9-1.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

2010/11 - Tottenham Hotspur

In:
    Leighton Baines - £12m
    Simone David - £1.5m
    Mahamadou Diarra - £2m
    Romelu Lukaku - £7m(January)

Out:
    Roman Pavlyuchenko - £200k season long loan
    Jake Livermore - loan
    Mirko Ranieri - loan
    Jamie O'Hara - £3m
    Younes Kaboul - £4.7m
    Kyle Naughton - £2.8m
    Benoit Assou-Ekotto - £3.8m
    Kudus Oyenuga - loan
    Giovanni dos Santos - loan

League:
    Started off well, unbeaten in our first 8 games - 6 wins and 2 draws - including a draw against Chelsea and a win against Arsenal - both away. We then lost to City 2-1 and drew 1-1 with Villa after going 1-0 up in both games. Patchy form from then up to Christmas put us in 10th place. We lost the first two games in the new year, but then went unbeaten up until the 36th game against Liverpool - which we duly lost 3-0. The unbeaten run, which included a 4-0 win against Arsenal, meant we were fighting with Everton for 5th place and the last Europa League spot. After the Liverpool game we played United - we won that 2-0 and Everton won their game, so they were one point ahead going into the last game. They had West Ham(10th) and we had Birmingham(18th). West Ham drew 1-1, but we lost 1-0. Absolutely raging.

Champions League:
    We got Young Boys in the qualifying round and won the tie 3-0 on aggregate. We got a fairly tough group - Real Madrid, Lyon and Rubin Kazan. We lost the first game against Madrid - but we then won our remaining 5 games to top the group. Rangers in the 1st Knockout Round - sweet! Wasn't as easy as I thought - we won 2-1 at Ibrox and drew 2-2 at WHL. We were drawn against Inter in the next round. We came from 1-0 down at WHL to draw 1-1. At the San Siro we take the lead in the first half. A minute into the second Milito scored from a header. We held out and brought it to extra-time, but my players tired and we lost 3-1(4-2).

FA+League Cup:
    Piss easy run to the semi-final in the FA Cup, MK Dons, Rochdale, Hereford and Nott'm Forest - an aggregate score of 22-2 in the four games. We then got Chelsea in the semi. Lost 1-0 in a drab game. Lost in our first game in the League Cup to Villa on penalties.

Star players:
    Gareth Bale, Leighton Baines and Rafael van der Vaart. Modric had his leg broken by Fabregas in the first game against Arsenal so he missed 6 months of the season. Bale scored 9 goals, had 11 assists, 8 MotM and an average rating of 7.4 in 31 games the Premier League. Played either LM or AML. Won English Footballer of the Year. Baines is an absolute rock and he chips in with the odd goal and assist, plus rarely missing a tackle. He played excellently with Bale on the wing when he gets forward. VDV was injured at the start of the season and it took me a while to figure out how to play him, but he's an animal. His long-range shooting is ridiculous. 9 goals, 10 assist, 4 MotM and an average rating of 7.18. The one criticism I would have is that he tires an awful lot quicker than every one else.

Formation/Team of the Year:

Gomes
    Corluka-Dawson-King-Baines
    Palacios
    Lennon
    Bale
    VDV

Defoe
    Lukaku

Lukaku wouldn't be in there only hed played class against the shít team in the cup. I played this a bit more often:

Gomes
    Corluka-Dawson-King-Baines
    Sandro
    Diarra
    Lennon
    Bale
    VDV

Defoe

Trying to make Lukaku my main striker, but it's not happening.:/ Any tips on how to play him?

My team for the start of the 2011/12 season has been:

Gomes
    Corluka--King--Gallas--Baines
    Lennon--Modric--Banega--Bale
    VDV

Lukaku

Got Banega for £5.25m as Valencia were relegated.
    My defence needs some updating - the CDs are quite old.
    The midfield is a bit weak, so for the top teams I'll probably swap Modric/VDV/Banega for Sandro or Diarra and put them DM. Tried to get De Jong, but he wanted like £200k in wages.:confused:

Beat Fulham 4-0 and Wolves 2-0 so far.

Another season over, another couple of trophies :p

Season 2012/2013

Won the league this season, and completed a quadruple by adding the Super Cup, Club World Championships and the Champions League beating Marseille. Used the League and FA Cups to blood my younger players, lost in both 4th rounds (Chelsea in League Cup, Spurs in the FA Cup) due to this... clearly not ready for the first team yet.

The silverware contributed to my team being so highly regarded in the league and in the awards. I was delighted with my lads, locked out the PFA awards - second year in a row for Sanchez... a real diamond

Picture3-3.png

And... Team of the Year, 8 of my boys got in :D

Picture1-8.png

During the Preseason, I made the decision to bring in younger players rather than spend big on established players.

2013.png

Barça came sniffing after Reina, dimissed their approach but he handed in a transfer request. Played hard ball after a derogatory first offer of £30 million and got £35 million plus add-ons to bring it up to £40 million. Thankfully, I had already agreed a precontract with Manuel Neuer of Schalke and signed him on a free. Delighted with that deal overall but he does make a lot of mistakes that often lead to goals.

Team:

Manuel Neuer

Glen Johnson
    Martin Kelly
    Phil Jones
    Davide Santon

Steven Defour
    Steven Gerrard

Alexis Sanchez
    Eden Hazard
    Luis Suarez

Sergio Aguero

Bench:
    Danny Wilson
    Jack Robinson
    Daniel Agger/Raphael Varane (excellent CB btw)
    Raul Meireles
    Jonjo Shelvey
    Lucas
    Romelu Lukaku

My biggest achievement however, was finally getting the funds to complete the upgrade to Youth Recruitment after having it cancelled the year before due to a lack of funds. Am also now in the process of upgrading my Youth Facilities. Frugal spending is key to this tbh.

Picture1-9.png

Am also delighted that, without me asking them, have decided to expand Anfield by approx 9000 which should also help with the clubs finances.

Picture3-4.png

Am now in preseason for 2013/2014 and my recruitment drive has slowed, as I've a few young players I want to blood rather than spend big. Signed a young DM and a young keeper

2014.png

Not sure if I need to add anyone else because, like I said, I'm trying to use my youngin's more often, and also I want to save my transfer funds to try and get Anfield expanded upon again, or even try and get the board to build a new stadium...fingers crossed

Looking forward to the new season. My young lads have an extra year of experience, and my other lads are getting better and better. Just worried about Barça trying to nick Aguero off me now... thievin' bastards :p

• Advertisement

Have had a great start to season, 11 wins from first 12 games. Only dropped 2 points.

blackpool1213standings27thoct2012.png

Advertisement