Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 8

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Is Hernandez even on the field?

Sure is, and wide open!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Is Hernandez even on the field?

Was about to tell you yup but the odd few plays and then he goes and catches on 3rd down :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,215 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Starting to feel bad for Favre, too old to be taking hits like that. He's been getting battered all season, broken bones and he's still out there playing.

And as I write this it looks like he's coming out injured.

Thats a big lick that Favre just took, great drive from the Vikings for the TD

I am a huge fan of Brett Favre and I hate to see him go out like that as much as I like my team roughing up the QB.

This game is on Tjack now. The question will be if the Pats cant score now can Tjack drive down the other end and win this game. Big moment for him.

Come on Pats get another TD on the board.

Speedy recovery #4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Who was it that hit Favre? I only saw the number 9 on the back of the jersey, so I'm guessing either Brace or Cunningham?

Archimedes wrote: »
    Who was it that hit Favre? I only saw the number 9 on the back of the jersey, so I'm guessing either Brace or Cunningham?

Pryor

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

''Is he asleep!? It's gonna be ok!''

Now, Cecil haters, whatcha gonna do when Cecil makes you smile? Again!

Big ass play there! God I love Danny Woodhead.

Thats a massive third down conversion by the Pats, was that a linebacker or a DB on Woodhead? When the team need a stop they had a great chance on that play and couldnt wrap up the ball carrier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭basillarkin

will Arizona complete the comeback?

Crumpler again making a huge block to make room.

What the fook sort of playcalling is that. 2 QB sneaks in a row.... Madness give it to lawfirm and let him punch it in or Woodhead. Sometime BB baffles me with his calls.

Bit far out to be trying a sneak :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,866 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This is unreal from Belichick. I see what he is at here. He gets the clock way down, they still have two plays left and he is happy to give them the ball at their own 2 with something like 40 seconds left on the clock and no timeouts if he doesn't get in or 3rd or 4th down.

eagle eye wrote: »
    This is unreal from Belichick. I see what he is at here. He gets the clock way down, they still have two plays left and he is happy to give them the ball at their own 2 with something like 40 seconds left on the clock and no timeouts.

I see it as well but punching it in and making it a 2 score game is better. What happens if Tjack gets in and launches it to Moss.....

Ah fook as im writing this lawfirm punches it in :D

Ah for fook sake now being reviewed.

I see it as well but punching it in and making it a 2 score game is better. What happens if Tjack gets in and launches it to Moss.....

Ah fook as im writing this lawfirm punches it in :D
    See if they had gotten it in there before the two minute warning then they the Viks still had a chance to get a score before the two minute warning and then win the ball back on the kickoff. Now its over. Its just so smart from the master tactician.

So as im new around here, i would like to know who ye guys support? Anyone watching the Cardinals game? I bet the Jets are pissed thy didn't take up Woodhead

See if they had gotten it in there before the two minute warning then they the Viks still had a chance to get a score before the two minute warning and then win the ball back on the kickoff. Now its over. Its just so smart from the master tactician.

But in hindsight as it worked its easy to say it was a great thing. Had it not worked and we failed to punch it in then we could have given the Vikes the game. Once again taking risks. As always when they work one becomes even more a legend when they don't work one becomes a dope ;):D

• Advertisement

I hope the Cardinals can hold on now, they were down 17 at one stage

Woohoo top of the division with the best record in football.:D

But in hindsight as it worked its easy to say it was a great thing. Had it not worked and we failed to punch it in then we could have given the Vikes the game. Once again taking risks. As always when they work one becomes even more a legend when they don't work one becomes a dope ;):D

I'd agree in a close game the risks of the QB fumbling on a sneak are a lot higher than on a running play up the gut etc. If I was a Pats fan I would have been a bit uncomfortable with the call. The Vikes though showed why they are a 2-5 team on that final Pats drive. They had the chance to make a couple of third down stands and get the ball back with decent time on the clock and were unable to make a stop.

I get what you are saying Tallaght but when you think of all the factors. Worst case scenario was they didn't get in and Tavaris Jackson gets the ball at his own 2 with 40 seconds on the clock and no timeouts. Thats why I think its Belichick's genius coming to the fore again. Not many coaches would think like that.

I didn't get it straight away either, just before the 2nd down it clicked with me what he was at.

I don't think he would have done that if Favre was still in the game.

I get what you are saying Tallaght but when you think of all the factors. Worst case scenario was they didn't get in and Tavaris Jackson gets the ball at his own 2 with 40 seconds on the clock and no timeouts. Thats why I think its Belichick's genius coming to the fore again. Not many coaches would think like that.

I didn't get it straight away either, just before the 2nd down it clicked with me what he was at.

I don't think he would have done that if Favre was still in the game.

Yes but Tjack has Percy Harvin and Randy Moss to throw deep to and to be honest with you I wouldn't take that risk ever. Merriweather at one point was smart enough to hit Moss causing a DPI which would have been a sure TD. You cannot write Moss out of a game and that DPI proved it.

I will say I love how BB rolls as a coach but there are times his decisions are pure mad and ridiculous and when he gets it right he is a legend but lets not forgot those he got wrong. Welkers 4th down catch against the colts remember that one? Its easy to say in hindsight that it was a great decision especially if it works.

All Im saying had we failed to punch it in and Tjack hit Moss or Harvin long for a TD to win the game you wouldn't be saying the same thing. Well maybe you I don't know. :D

A 10 point cushion and playing it someone what safe is what most would have done and probably gotten away with it.

Hulk Hands, I'll get to work designing the Tom Brady sig as part of your forfeit :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Huge mistake by Freeman!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Raiders for the play-offs. First back to back wins since 2008 and back to back with 500+ yards on total offense in franchise history.

Hazys wrote: »
    Huge mistake by Freeman!!

Sure was, no matter how much faith he has in his ability to make plays with his feet that was a play that should not have happened. great finish in progress to take us nicely to SNF!

• Advertisement

Another interception by Talib!

Derek Anderson masterpiece

Advertisement