Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 8

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

His foot was definitely out, was the ball just short of the marker when the foot was out is hard to call. Might go the Packers way.

Packers win the challenge. Big stop needed from the Jets defence now.

Jags now up 14-3 in Dallas

• Registered Users Posts: 37,764 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Wow just had a look at Sam Bradford's stats today so far. 18/22 for 102 yards and 1 td. But get this, we all know they don't have a real good receiving threat right now but he has used 7 different receivers already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Bradford is the real deal. And his top receiver Mark Clayton was injured for the season

TO just scored an incredibly flukey touchdown.

Have a look out on the replays later

• Advertisement

David Garrard aint doing too badly either. Sack fumble aside, he's 10/10 for 126 yards and 2 touchdowns from 5 different receivers.

Bradford is the real deal. And his top receiver Mark Clayton was injured for the season

TO just scored an incredibly flukey touchdown.

Have a look out on the replays later
    Yeah Clayton was having a good year for him but he also lost his no.1 Donnie Avery before the regular season began even.

21-3 Jaguars

lol

Garrard is 13/14 for 209 yards and 3 TDs.

Make that 28-3

Oh dear.

Bye bye Wade.

The Cowboys D looked very bad last week. It looks like a sive today. I'm not saying its all on them because clearly there have been a lot of turnovers but this defense was being lauded as one of the best in the NFL which it clearly is not.

• Advertisement

Jamaal Charles is embarassing the Bills pathetic run defence. 9.9 yards per carry (119 yards on 12 carries) and 3 receptions for 45 yards. He's such a freak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

49ers need to let Smith throw the football fook me I want to punch Singletary and im not a 49ers fan :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

You phone up Mike Singletary there tallaghtoutlaws? :D
    Big throw on the run, he's very mobile

As soon as I saw them on the goalline I knew Smith would run it in, he constantly did that with the Ravens

I love that guy!

49ers need to let Smith throw the football fook me I want to punch Singletary and im not a 49ers fan :D
    Worst sideline coach ever. He makes Norv Turner look like he knows what he is doing on the sideline:D

Ryan Fitzpatrick getting it done on 4th down to tie game. As the weeks go by he is showing excellent signs. Excellently handling the pressure on 4th and goal. Being challenged but it shouldn't get overturned.

You phone up Mike Singletary there tallaghtoutlaws? :D
    Big throw on the run, he's very mobile

As soon as I saw them on the goalline I knew Smith would run it in, he constantly did that with the Ravens

I love that guy!

Yeah man told him to get his fooking act together or he will get the slaps.

Have to say I always liked Smith but I will be honest and say I didn't think he could perform in the NFL. Proving me wrong right now. Put him in me Fantasy team also :D

Here's some numbers for you. 4-0 vs 4-0.

David Garrards TD - Interception ratio versus Jon Kitna's Interception - TD ratio :D

Holy crap Brandon Banks is phenomenal. What a return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Lions take the lead against Redskins and then give up a touchdown on the resulting kick off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Loaded up GB @NYJ on the PC with the Wembley game on the tv. Wembely game's took almost all of my attention, and rightly so. First half was slow, but it's been a good second act.

• Advertisement

Yes, Yes, Yes. Looks like the Packers have it now. This is huge, a win for the Patriots tonight and they go top of the division.

I'm worried about this game tonight but at the very worst we don't lose ground. I'm really worried for Tom Brady in this game, if that line doesn't improve on last week then they will get to him a lot, the Vikings defensive line is vicious.

For us to win tonight it will come down to special teams and turnovers imo. The other worry of course is Brett Favre in New England. He has always done well against the Patriots in Foxboro/Gillette.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yes, Yes, Yes. Looks like the Packers have it now. This is huge, a win for the Patriots tonight and they go top of the division.

I'm worried about this game tonight but at the very worst we don't lose ground. I'm really worried for Tom Brady in this game, if that line doesn't improve on last week then they will get to him a lot, the Vikings defensive line is vicious.

For us to win tonight it will come down to special teams and turnovers imo. The other worry of course is Brett Favre in New England. He has always done well against the Patriots in Foxboro/Gillette.

That game just got a hell of a lot bigger. As if Brady ever needed more spurring on, to get another one over on the Jets and move to the top will be huge. Brillant result.

9-0, it's done.

You will not believe what just happened in San Diego.

The Chargers had a punt blocked in the end zone, safety to the Titans. That's right, the Chargers special teams actually made a mistake! Can you believe that? :pac:

I picked the Jets to win it but I had a feeling that the Packers might do it. And as I did say about Sanchez, he is always liable to stink in early games.

Look at these numbers 16/38 256 yards 0 td 2 int.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Monster win for the Pack there. Two big wins in a row following those two OT losses. Defence plyed great and the offence did the bare minimum to win.

Next up: the clash of the future hall of fame QBs. Go on Brady (He's on my fantasy team this week :o).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Ugh Cecil Martin. ffs.

Ugh Cecil Martin. ffs.

Got an excited text from my mate in London who got his picture taken with Cecil this morning :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Im happy, great result for the Jags :D

GBX wrote: »
    Im happy, great result for the Jags :D

Me too, had them in a double at +6.5 with the Bills at +7.5 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Ugh Cecil Martin. ffs.

Ever since he was a good sport and ran away from that crocadile I've had a soft spot for Cecil!

Advertisement