Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 8

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I wonder has Belichick sent Rex Ryan a thank you note for Danny Woodhead yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,749 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Archimedes wrote: »
    Seen a few retweets on twitter saying hes unlikely to return.

And it looked like nothing a catch going to the ground. Got a nice split screen going with the titans and chargers on the left and minny and the pats on the right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

I wonder has Belichick sent Rex Ryan a thank you note for Danny Woodhead yet?

A win on Dec 6th hopefully would be a better thank you. Woodhead with the winning score :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

With the players the Jets had at half and full-back it's not like they screwed Woolhead over, though. Even if he got a roster spot he'd have be ennext to non-existent on the Jets team, the Patriots got a utility player that upgrades them at their most lacklustre area.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,956 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Syferus wrote: »
    With the players the Jets had at half and full-back it's not like they screwed Woolhead over, though. Even if he got a roster spot he'd have be ennext to non-existent on the Jets team, the Patriots got a utility player that upgrades them at their most lacklustre area.
    He looks a lot better than Brad Smith in fairness.

• Advertisement

Who said anything about screwing Woodhead over though?

Who said anything about screwing Woodhead over though?

? I made the point that it's not a situation where Ryan just ignored him and he'd have some vendetta against him, sir!

I'd actually agree with Eagle Eye that in his slot role he seems to have more going for him than Smith, but I guess the Jets were more about comparing him as a blocker/half-back and they were never going to drop Richardson or Conners and they seemed big on McKnight as a project back based on how they talked about him in Hard Knocks.

? I made the point that it's nto a situation where Ryan just ignored him and he'd have some vendetta against him, sir!

I think you are missing the point of all of this. The fact is Woodhead has been doing something for the Pats, the Jets biggest rival and the Jets dumped him on the scrapheap and not seeing the benefit of a player like Woodhead. No one is talking about vendettas or screwing anyone over. I can guarantee you Rex Ryan is saying to himself Damn the kid can actually bring it. Sure it may not be a huge concern but I tell you on Dec 6th if Woodhead punches one in Rex Ryan will not be a happy camper.

And why are you getting so defensive?

That was a hugely important stop just before the end of the half. I think if they got seven points up there we could have been in trouble.

Looking at the others scores and the feckin Raiders are winning again. That Seymour trade is starting to look worse by the week.:(

Mike Williams was such an awesome draft pick by the Bucs. Sam Bradford aside, I can't think of a better offensive rookie this year.

• Advertisement

I think you are missing the point of all of this. The fact is Woodhead has been doing something for the Pats, the Jets biggest rival and the Jets dumped him on the scrapheap and not seeing the benefit of a player like Woodhead. No one is talking about vendettas or screwing anyone over. I can guarantee you Rex Ryan is saying to himself Damn the kid can actually bring it. Sure it may not be a huge concern but I tell you on Dec 6th if Woodhead punches one in Rex Ryan will not be a happy camper.

And why are you getting so defensive?

Honestly, I think you were the one that got defensive about it!

And my point was, and is, that the Jets - given we have footage of the whole process thanks to Hard Knocks - liked Woodhead and had an idea of his quailities but they had other players that suited their needs more than Woodhead.

Who could really have been dropped to make room for him? Conners was probably their best blocker, Richardson is entrenched at the Jets and McKnight is being protrayed as a flawed prodigy of a player. Perhaps the the most likely person would be Brad Smith, but even he has his college QB background that gives them something different too. I think most teams understand that sometimes you have to let good players go because you've not got a worthwhile place or reason to keep them. I'm sure Ryan will look wistly at Woodhead if he lights the Jets up, but even then it's not like the Jets are all that poorer for his absence.

Mike Williams was such an awesome draft pick by the Bucs. Sam Bradford aside, I can't think of a better offensive rookie this year.
    You forgot one I think, Jahvid Best has been outstanding too.

I'd put Williams just behind him and then Dez Bryant and Aaron Hernandez.

Speaking of which, where is Hernandez today? He has no receptions to this point of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,749 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well seeing as the eagles are on a bye. The cowboys lost and the sknins lost so good week for the eagles doing nothing.

eagle eye wrote: »
    You forgot one I think, Jahvid Best has been outstanding too.

I'd put Williams just behind him and then Dez Bryant and Aaron Hernandez.

Speaking of which, where is Hernandez today? He has no receptions to this point of the game.

Well I was thinking about Best, and while I like the look of him, he's been hampered by that injury he's had the last few weeks (turf toe I think?) and hasn't gotten a TD since Week 2. That Week 2 game was really his only monster week, but he does look like a good dual threat out of the back field. I'd rank Williams ahead of him myself. Dez Bryant is getting better and better as each week goes, and maybe that Tony Romo injury does him a bit of good because Kitna seems to like throwing to Bryant if the last 2 and a half games are anything to go by, not to mention his ST plays.

Honestly, I think you were the one that got defensive about it!

I simply asked you a question. You mentioned Woodhead being screwed over and I asked you who mentioned that. It was that simple nothing more nothing less.

And there was the play from Tate we were looking for :D TD Pats!

About time Brandon Tate showed up. Yeah, touchdown Patriots!!!!!

Brady you fúcking genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Nice play.

I think Brady's hair is finally growing on me.

• Advertisement

Jeez my heart jumped there when I seen Harvin take that at full speed. Phew.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

It's beyond me how the Vikings are losing this one. C'mon now Favre, get it back

Seen a few retweets on twitter saying hes unlikely to return.
    Speaking of Twitter, do you guys know any good NFL accounts to follow? I think Bill Simmons and Schefter are the only ones I follow.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Speaking of Twitter, do you guys know any good NFL accounts to follow? I think Bill Simmons and Schefter are the only ones I follow.

The only twitter feed you'll ever need

http://twitter.com/ogochocinco

The only twitter feed you'll ever need

http://twitter.com/ogochocinco
    But of course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Nice INT by McCourty and Law Firm Baby getting done TD!

Was that Alge that threw the huge block to let lawfirm through? I didn't get the number of the player.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Was that Alge that threw the huge block to let lawfirm through? I didn't get the number of the player.

First thing I said meself but like you didn't catch the number.

EDIT: Watching the Highlight yup was him.

• Advertisement

Is Hernandez even on the field?

Advertisement