Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Million pound drop on Ch4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

basquille wrote: »
    To be fair, anyone who hadn't an active interest in tabloids or gossip rags would have no reason to doubt it.

I wouldn't have a huge interest in that kinda stuff myself but I would've thought that the amount of bad press she has got would be unavoidable. And they did know who she was and that she had won it before, so you'd think they'd know enough about her to know she hasn't a hope of winning it this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

We've got a run going here of players getting through the opening question with the full million still in play.

And this is the second time in succession that the second question has been perfectly negotiated too.

Killian and Ryan only lasted another two questions, though...

...And Adam and Verity only got one question further than them.

Who else is certain that if they'd chosen Film Memorabilia they'd have been asked about the Darth Vader costume that's expected to fetch over £200k at Christie's next month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Was it just me or did Davina have it in for Killian and Ryan...she seemed to be implying they were cocky and then when they put all the cash on the wrong drops and left the right answer empty, she was delighted and didn't hide it well....then was all patronising and full of mock consolation when the cash disappeared. Stupid b*tch.

An awful lot of topical celeb stuff on it this time around...and tbh I don't particulalrly want to read on-screen tweets from anyone be they famous or not..'spose that's the times we're living in...
    Felt sorry for the guy with the afro getting the Dubai sunset question wrong.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

How funny was that couple putting money on the Jonas Brothers having a range of condoms!!

I know a lot of people probably don't know who they are as they're not as big over here as in America (thank god) but I don't think they'd even know what condoms are, let alone try and market them to their fans :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,656 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    I know it's easier when you're watching at home but come on, how could anyone put even 1p on Kerry Katona being named Celebrity Mum of the Year? Seriously :confused:

She did win that some year could be the same year she won I'm a Celeb I think

I comment a good bit (under my real name) on the game show website Bother's Bar, where that sunset question hasn't been received well:

http://www.bothersbar.co.uk/?p=2399

I've got to admit, it was a bit rotten - Dubai is furthest east, but Reykjavik is furthest north, not far from the Arctic Circle where you have the midnight sun phenomenon.

Plus viewers were clearly left to assume that GMT was being used - leading to some feeling that that made the question ambiguous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I've got to admit, it was a bit rotten - Dubai is furthest east, but Reykjavik is furthest north, not far from the Arctic Circle where you have the midnight sun phenomenon.

Plus viewers were clearly left to assume that GMT was being used - leading to some feeling that that made the question ambiguous.

The reykjavik thing had me for a second as well...if it was mid december then I might have put a few extra quid on it rather than plonking it all on Dubai.

The ambiguity of the questions (and not just this one) is what I was alluding to earlier...given the time pressure and the lack of clarity on certain questions, the confusion it can place in the minds of one person (nevermind two) can be enough to make people doubt themselves or to hedge their bets just in case they're not reading it correctly or are having to assume missing information.

My cynical side says that that's deliberate (which doesn't sit well with me)...although I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was just the stupidity of those who set the questions, given the celebrity obsessed pedigree of the show's channel/presenter/production company. (given the amount of money invloved, it's definitely the former)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Some of the questions seem really obvious at first, and then when the clock starts and Davina keeps reading the question over and over again, it get's confusing.

That sunset question should've been obvious, whichever is furthest east would've had sunset first, but the way it was asked you could've assumed they meant at what actual time it set in those places (local time) and then you start to doubt yourself.

To be fair though, I would've split the money between Dubai and Reykjavik, putting any money on Rome was a bit stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Anybody watching tonight???

• Advertisement

I am.

Liked what Marvin from JLS had to say about the condoms question last night: "I'm gutted they didn't know the answer."

ROFLMAO! :D:D:D

Hi - I'm flicking during ads - is the answer Roger...

that's a no then...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

hafsha is the most awesome looking bird I've seen on tv in ages, perhaps channel 4 should give her her own show?

I really must start hitting on more persian lasses

Sorry I've just switched over to FM104 I don't know what's going on there oh they're at the Hellfire club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

It could do without the phone calls from JLS and the contestants' relatives,

get on with it.

Ian Duncan Smith is the answer, I think.

Well done Skidmark

SCD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

They're going to lose everything!:(

• Advertisement

deelite wrote: »
    SCD

Fair play, I would have said X Factor.

The show could have done with someone winning a few quid.

I knew once Strictly appeared that the X Factor would be the other answer - and I knew too that Strictly was first by a few months...

So STILL no winners this series. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jonas7

Good concept for a show but its getting annoying now because nobody is winning anything.

Man United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

West ham?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

Finished with 400k, plenty cheating though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭Zardoz

SkidMark wrote: »
    Man United.
    That answer was wrong btw.
    They asked which team has won more FA cups since the Premiership started ,the answer is Arsenal with 6 wins ,Chelsea have 5 and Man Utd 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Zardoz wrote: »
    That answer was wrong btw.
    They asked which team has won more FA cups since the Premiership started ,the answer is Arsenal with 6 wins ,Chelsea have 5 and Man Utd 4.

It didn't say since the premiership started at all?

It just said which premiership club tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

I have a £1million left after starting with the last two questions, dunno if ill be able to watch tomorrow, is there a prize for home viewers?

• Advertisement

johnn wrote: »
    I have a £1million left after starting with the last two questions, dunno if ill be able to watch tomorrow, is there a prize for home viewers?

Don't think there is...

Advertisement