Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Million pound drop on Ch4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

ziedth wrote: »
    I can't stand Davina TBH,

She just seems so fake to me, I agree about the pacing early on. I really wanted that couple last night to get it.

I remember her presenting a late late night dating show on itv years ago. I thought she'd found her level then tbh.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I thought the ones so far tonight were easy enough, got them all right so far (watching it on +1 :D )

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I can't believe ya one going up in her own. Like she even said her BF knew allot about the directors subject.

She really really went down in flames god love her.

I still stick by my opinion that the questions are easy and someone who is into quiz's/ current affairs would walk into the lady question.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I'm really enjoying the show, been following it all week. i do hope someone wins something soon though :eek:

Couldn't believe the last couple last night lost on the first question, ouch!!!!!

They keep changing things each episode with the format of it too. It can drag out a little sometimes but it's good that they let a few doors open at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Another problem I have with the show is I found when someone loses a large chunk of money, I'd switch to another channel for a while as I know (in the back of my mind) they won't get much further.. and if they do, they'll probably crawl to the 8th question with £25,000 to £50,000 (it's a lot of money but not massively exciting either).

I'd the same problem with 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' - everytime a new constestant came on, I'd change the channel for 10 - 15 minutes til they got to the £32,000 mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Have watched the program for 2 nights, do all contestants have to be under 30?
    The couple who lost on the first question last night, pity them they got Films AND TV to choose from, much the same subjects if you ask me.

Cake Man wrote: »
    The couple who lost on the first question last night, pity them they got Films AND TV to choose from, much the same subjects if you ask me.
    To be fair.. at least they're subjects you could be knowledgeable on.

I've seen the category 'Bridges' pop up! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Heres what they should do.
    Have one person throw 250000 on each of 4 answers straight away.
    Then eliminate the least obvisious, and if you dont have a clue then at least you have a 1/4 of the origional money placed.
    Chances are you will end up with about a fiver each.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Then eliminate the least obvisious, and if you dont have a clue then at least you have a 1/4 of the origional money placed.

You have to leave one drop clear every time.

Has anyone wondered what they are going to do on Saturday night? It's on an hour and a half earlier against the Eurovision. What happens if they lose a player mid-way through and cant feasibly get through 8 questions in the time remaining?

Then eliminate the least obvious, and if you dont have a clue then at least you have a 1/4 of the origional money placed.
    Well.. that's the obvious way of doing it, but they need to leave one hatch free.

And doing this will reduce your chances of getting further. As we saw with the couple who got to the 8th question, you need to be a risk-taker.
    dmcg90 wrote:
    Has anyone wondered what they are going to do on Saturday night? It's on an hour and a half earlier against the Eurovision. What happens if they lose a player mid-way through and cant feasibly get through 8 questions in the time remaining?
    Hmm.. that's a good point!

• Advertisement

Yeah the moving of the money seems to take ages, putting them out like that might be a good idea. Sometimes they need to step back a bit, a lot tend to ignore one of the answers on the side. Not that they knew it wasn't the answer but they seem to just not see it sometimes.

Like the Heat magazine question the other night, they didn't mention whether it could have been Declan Donnelly as the answer, well at least I didn't hear them discuss it :D

dmcg90 wrote: »
    You have to leave one drop clear every time.

Then they fix it to fill in the time and then drop a contestant :p

I dunno :D I guess we'll have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Great idea for a show. Put up a million get a load of young trendy couples make it as difficult as possible to make any money by asking them questions on the 1960's, and if they do manage to fluke their way through give them a really dodgy 50/50 question at the end.
    Hey look at us we are giving away a million pounds (not really).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

The age point is a good one,

Very Strange! I was cringing with the poor girl and the question on bread last night.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

basquille wrote: »
    Another problem I have with the show is I found when someone loses a large chunk of money, I'd switch to another channel for a while as I know (in the back of my mind) they won't get much further.. and if they do, they'll probably crawl to the 8th question with £25,000 to £50,000 (it's a lot of money but not massively exciting either).

I'd the same problem with 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' - everytime a new constestant came on, I'd change the channel for 10 - 15 minutes til they got to the £32,000 mark.

The format of that has been changed, I was watching it on ITV Tuesday night (I think) and there are now 12 questions, going from £500 to £1000 (mark), and basically doubling up, (then goes from 20K to 50K) £50,000 is the magic mark now

Some of the questions are very easy, forget which pair it was put a bit on all three, though they were pretty sure that one that they put money on was not the answer. Doing that is a bit idiotic!!! Fair enough if you weren't sure but they were nearly certain it was not, so why put money on it?

Two medical students up first tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Not looking good for these two.

The questions are tough, I thought they might make it easier tonight after losing so many contestants last night.

The last one and the one about the rivers were tough enough. Can't believe that your man said that
    the great fire was in 1666
    , and put a load of money on it even though it was the wrong answer

Yeah, I think the paniced a bit, 60 seconds is not long.

They are on the second last question, hope they win something.

The girl hasn't answered anything.

Hope they answer this right!

• Advertisement

OUCH!

Pretty sure this is wrong!

SkidMark wrote: »
    Yeah, I think the paniced a bit, 60 seconds is not long.

They are on the second last question, hope they win something.

The girl hasn't answered anything.
    She had the right answer for the last question

:D Your wan fell over, she just fell up steps on national TV lol!!!

Ha.. silly bitch fell up the steps!

Classic!

No!

They deserved something,

They played the game well, taking calculated risks.

That's the problem on this quiz, so hard to win anything.

basquille wrote: »
    Ha.. silly bitch fell up the steps!

Classic!

And they told them in rehearsal to be careful on the steps :D

Is it wrong that after seeing nothing but couples on this show for the past 5 days, I'm suprised these two don't hug and kiss when they get a correct answer...

.. only to realise they're brother and sister! :D

Ah lads in fairness, Lord Cardigan or Lord Balaclava?? I guessed balaclava online cos it sounded right

Five days and still £0 winnings - This really is a recession quiz

Tomorrow night is the last show - if I was on after these two I would be very hopeful that the questions might be a bit easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭privateBeavis

Finally found a use for the picture-in-picture on my Sony TV, played online with channel 4 on in the corner of the screen!! :D
    (Plus you can flick around in the breaks and switch back when the web page comes alive for the next question, missing most of the endless chat!!)

• Advertisement

A winner..

.. finally!

Advertisement