Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many Weight Watchers points in ... ?-PLEASE USE MAIN STICKY THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

margaret.f wrote: »
    Hi girls just wondering has any one got an idea what the points are in 1 slice of brown bread with butter:D

Hi margaret.f - I think McCambridges is one point per slice, and butter is one point per teaspoon- size of top of thumb.

Can anyone tell me how many points are in a battered sausage from the chipper? :)

Have such a longing for one for a few days now. I'll save points for a few days so I can have one next week. Unless they're 50 points or something.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 margaret.f

thanks a mill. am just trying to come to terms again with trying to diet ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 margaret.f

muirgheal thanks a lot still trying to learn portion control and points system

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭dextero

Did anyone try the new specially selected garlic and herb sausages in Aldi - they are only 2 points each and really tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

AFAIK McCambridges works out as 1.5 per slice!!!
    Battered sausage - no idea, but it'd be about 4 for the sausage alone as they're big, and depending on how much batter on em could add another 3 - 5 points in my opinion!

• Advertisement

Thanks Stripeysocks85- I have been pointing my bread wrong!

I'd say 10 points might be an ok allowance for a battered sausage then- roll on firday night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

Muirgheal wrote: »
    Thanks Stripeysocks85- I have been pointing my bread wrong!

I'd say 10 points might be an ok allowance for a battered sausage then- roll on firday night!

my WW leader told me 8 for battered sausage :) so thats what I calculate it at when I'm having some and chipper chips at 9, which I think should be higher

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

alpha2010 wrote: »
    I'm having some and chipper chips at 9, which I think should be higher

I worked out one bag, you should really weigh them
    rubadub wrote: »
    Bag of chips from Italian chipper 455g

Going off mc-cains site their premium chips are 253kcal and 7.2g fat sat per 100g

So 1,151kcal and 33g sat fat so 24.5points for the bag.
    http://points.ogo.ms/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

I worked out one bag, you should really weigh them

well thank god I haven't had chipper in 3 months :P... my addiction right now is weirdly enough shreddies honey and nut :P BADD but not as bad as a bag of chips :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 xashx

hi everyone!

Just started back with ww after about a year break, ahhhh ! but i'm missing some of my book, has anyone any idea the points that are in plums? is it 1/2 point for 2 or each?

Thanks !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fendigal

dextero wrote: »
    Did anyone try the new specially selected garlic and herb sausages in Aldi - they are only 2 points each and really tasty!

Is that really true..if it is you've made my day i love sausages but for the size of them once they cooked i cant justify the points..these are fab i had them during d summer on bbq..i wonder are the chilli ones the same??

By the way does anyone know that points that are in the Bensons Curry powder..ive been googling it but getting nowhere..plan on using it in chicken curry this evening..or would mcdonnells be lower?
    thanks everyone

xashx wrote: »
    hi everyone!

Just started back with ww after about a year break, ahhhh ! but i'm missing some of my book, has anyone any idea the points that are in plums? is it 1/2 point for 2 or each?

Thanks !

Just checked my book there its half a point for a plum without the stone (like ud eat the stone..weird)
    Anyway hope that helps.

fendigal wrote: »
    anyone know that points that are in the Bensons Curry powder..ive been googling it but getting nowhere..plan on using it in chicken curry this evening..or would mcdonnells be lower?
    thanks everyone
    The info is on the pack, I posted it before.
    Ingredients: plain flour, veg oil, tomato paste, salt, sugar, MSG, creamed coconut, chilli powder, onion powder.
    (this is bensons so I presume it is vegan, not sure of the MSG?)

per 100g
    Protein 7.68g
    carbs 51g
    fat 19.1g

so you would have to weigh how much you are using and put it in the one of the calculators. The kcal is on the label. A tomato based curry sauce would have less kcal & fat, hot Indian type ones can be quite low.

Thanks rubadub..i didnt really have a good read of the packet and i was makin up points for the day in wrk and pack was at home..il be sure to have look at it this evening. I always thought the indian ones would be higher in points..i guess its worth having a look at the jars. Aldi do a fab jelfrezi in a jar..well worth a look for points.
    Thanks

.i guess its worth having a look at the jars.
    Yes, its essential, just hold 2 side by side and compare them. The korma types have lots of fat and so are higher in kcals/points.

Pataks Korma http://www.pataks.co.uk/products/korma-cooking-sauce.aspx
    211kcal 9.9g sat fat

balti http://www.pataks.co.uk/products/balti-cooking-sauce.aspx
    101kcal 0.5g sat fat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 xashx

Just checked my book there its half a point for a plum without the stone (like ud eat the stone..weird)
    Anyway hope that helps.

yeah thanks a mill ! I was just at my mams today and she has an old book i checked the points and its actually a half a point for 3 small plums! 3 !!! great, i love them!

i also checked curry powder and there's 0 points in that...not sure what bensons is but regular curry powder is 0...?!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Angelmangle

Sorry in advance If this has been asked before but does anybody know how many points are in a Bagel Factory Mushroom melt bagel? I had a look on their website and can't see anything there. It gives you the nutritional information on the different bagel per 100g but I'm sure there is more than 100g of bagel in a bagel (if you know what I mean) plus the toppings too.

Thanks a mil :)

So- its October and the shops are full of halloween brack- and I love it!

But was looking at labels and I could find no nutritional data on the bracks stocked in my local centra.

Can anyone tell me how many points in Barmbrack? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 hockeysticks

Hi there

I used attend a WW class run by Gwen Sherry in a "hall" just off Molesworth Street. I got a text months ago about a change of venue but I didn't take much notice thinking I would never need it .. pride comes before a fall!
    I am hoping to re-join next week .. does anyone know where Gwen has her class now and what times, I have a feeling it was somewhere on kildare street?

Thanks a mil

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Hi there

I used attend a WW class run by Gwen Sherry in a "hall" just off Molesworth Street. I got a text months ago about a change of venue but I didn't take much notice thinking I would never need it .. pride comes before a fall!
    I am hoping to re-join next week .. does anyone know where Gwen has her class now and what times, I have a feeling it was somewhere on kildare street?

Thanks a mil
    Hi Hockeysticks,
    I think this could be it, I got that txt too and didnt pay any attention to it but i checked online and these 2 meetings are on kildare st:

Kildare Street Hotel
    Kildare Street
    Beside Club Nassau
    City Centre Tuesday
    12.15pm,1.15pm

Kildare Street Hotel
    Kildare Street
    Beside Club Nassau
    City Centre Thursday
    12 noon, 1.00pm

• Advertisement

Thanks a mil Coopaloop... thats the one!

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Thanks a mil Coopaloop... thats the one!
    No worries!

I may get myself together and get back to the class too!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 matluka

Hello everyone, I am rejoining (under a different name, as i cant remember my password from the last time:confused: , just back from having baby #2. I am actually lighter than I was after having # 1, but I still have around 1.5 stone to lose:rolleyes:....so I guess I just have to get on with it, no more excuses:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Hi all,
    Vaguely considering doing ww at home (ie - just counting points myself, done it about 3 years ago)
    Was pointing some food around the house and came unstuck at Wexford Cheddar Slices.
    The pack of 10 slices is 200g (ie- so each is 20g) The nutritional info says that 100g is 416cal & 21.7g sat fat. So I'm thinking I divide this by 5 and get the amount of a slice. But the online calculator won't do it and when I divide the numbers individually by 5 and do it I get an optimistic 2 points per slice!
    Surely I'm not this lucky!
    Any ideas?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭cactuspaw

hi,
    my biggest problem when it comes to losing weight eating out, so i want to know can sombody tell me whats in a starter portion of shredded chilli chickhen and fried rice? its flippin lovely! but iv tried to work it out so many times and can never get it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭shelly_g

Hi all,
    Vaguely considering doing ww at home (ie - just counting points myself, done it about 3 years ago)
    Was pointing some food around the house and came unstuck at Wexford Cheddar Slices.
    The pack of 10 slices is 200g (ie- so each is 20g) The nutritional info says that 100g is 416cal & 21.7g sat fat. So I'm thinking I divide this by 5 and get the amount of a slice. But the online calculator won't do it and when I divide the numbers individually by 5 and do it I get an optimistic 2 points per slice!
    Surely I'm not this lucky!
    Any ideas?
    Thanks!

I work it out at 2.3 ... so round up to 2.5 points per slice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭spudd

anyone know how many points are in Starbucks hot chocolate? Or what about hot chocolate in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Hi all,

Apologies if anyone has asked this before, but I haven't used boards in ages & was wondering if anyone knows the points in white pudding?
    It's one of those things I just can't point.

7 months in WW and lost 30.5lbs so far...... :D

I emailed Clonakilty black pudding and asked for the nutritional value of their black pudding ..here is what they sent me:

Black Pudding :- the average energy values per 100g of product is 1321Kj
    / 317 kcal's. In simple terms, there is ~ 22g of Fat per 100g of product
    --->>> 7 points per 100g
    White Pudding :- the average energy values per 100g of product is 1019Kj
    /244 kcal's. In simple terms, there is ~ 14g of Fat per 100g of product.

>>> 5 points per 100g

Hope this helps

• Advertisement

spudd wrote: »
    anyone know how many points are in Starbucks hot chocolate? Or what about hot chocolate in general?
    Have a look here - this woman has listed lots of points for different foods and restaurants .. very handy!

http://ukladyluck.co.uk/category/values/starbucks/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement