Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many Weight Watchers points in ... ?-PLEASE USE MAIN STICKY THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭chunkykate

kaykay27 wrote: »
    hi guys just started weight watchers tonight and to be honest im a bit stressed bout working out the points (i dont want to carry the book round with me all day) sooooooooooooo cld anyone give me a quick calculation that i could use to work out points in my head...

i.e how would i work out the points for something that had 125 kcal and 2 grams sat fat??thanks

There is an online calculator here http://points.ogo.ms/ so that item above has 2.5 pts.

There is a calculation you can do in your head as well but I can't remember it. If I come across it, I'll post it up.

After a week, you'll be well used to the points in the usual things you have every day, like milk, bread etc. Stick with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭corasam

chunkykate wrote: »
    There is an online calculator here http://points.ogo.ms/ so that item above has 2.5 pts.

There is a calculation you can do in your head as well but I can't remember it. If I come across it, I'll post it up.

After a week, you'll be well used to the points in the usual things you have every day, like milk, bread etc. Stick with it!

Think the forumla is kcals/70 + sat fat/4 = Points

so
    125/70 = 1.78, round to 2
    2/4 = 0.5
    so 2.5 points

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

Good Evening all.

I am thinking of joining WW - currently I am 10st 12lbs:(

Would they accept me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Hiya, just looking at my book, 10;12 is the minimum joining weight if you are 6ft so if you are shorter than that yes they will accept you.

Perfect, thank you. I am 5ft 4 and 10;12

• Advertisement

Good stuff & good luck. I'm 5'3 and was 11'7 when I started June 09, now 9'9 :) and have my gold card since October.

Thanks hun! So nervous about actually going in :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

What about a chicken and bacon caesar salad from a restaurant?! contains croutons and a tiny bit of parmesan..

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭gaoife

sorry to tell you this but it could be 18pts :eek: or even more counting the bacon!!!! The sauce is so so so bad and then the cheese and croutons just add to it. Ceasar is never a good option unless you make your own :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Perfect, thank you. I am 5ft 4 and 10;12

I joined at 5ft 3 and 63KG (9st 12). Actually 63Kg was the exact point I crossed over to being overweight from healthy according to BMI stats (an WW who give who a healthy weight range. For my height it's 52Kg - 63KG).

I've lost 12 pounds now and am 9st exactly. I have another 1Kg (2 lbs) to go until my goal weight. It's made such a difference to my figure and most of all, my confidence.

Best of luck - it'll be great for you. It's done wonders for me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

gaoife wrote: »
    sorry to tell you this but it could be 18pts :eek: or even more counting the bacon!!!! The sauce is so so so bad and then the cheese and croutons just add to it. Ceasar is never a good option unless you make your own :)

Are you serious????

Can someone please clarify this...

I've been eating them every day thinking they'll be a lot less fattening than a sambo.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭gaoife

Hi

Yep it's true actually came up in our meeting the other day
    The dressing has oil, mayo and egg yolks normally thats why it's so bad for you. then the cheese, chicken and bacon on top plus the crutons are usually make with oil also thats why they are so crispy.
    The eating out guide may have the exact points for the restaraunt i have it at home and can check for you what restaraunt is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    Are you serious????

Can someone please clarify this...

I've been eating them every day thinking they'll be a lot less fattening than a sambo.. :(

Think the caesar salad in tgi's is 10points and eddie rockets one is 7.5points. I tend to ask for no croutons and cheese that will help lower points.

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Think the caesar salad in tgi's is 10points and eddie rockets one is 7.5points. I tend to ask for no croutons and cheese that will help lower points.

Have a look here for the diff eating out points
    http://ukladyluck.co.uk/?s=caesar+salad&x=0&y=0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Have a look here for the diff eating out points
    http://ukladyluck.co.uk/?s=caesar+salad&x=0&y=0

Caesar in TGI's is 9.5 points, wasn't far off.

That site is english so missing a few places.

I find it best to go onto the restaurants website and see if they have nutritional information then point it! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Hey

anyone have any idea whats in a Mc don sweet chilli chicken wrap. I chose thinking the lighter option but may have been stupidly duped by the picture on the wall. Anyway it had no calorific stuff on the wrapper to even put it into the calculator thingy. Tried their website but keeps freezing on page 1. Kinda hungry now too but dont wanna eat anything till I found out how badly i chose !! Even my sons cheeseburger was looking at me saying EAT ME

Thanks xx

What a waste of points ... Would have been better have a bigmac at least would have been full after wasting a ton of points ... will know for future...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

lucy2010 wrote: »
    Hey

anyone have any idea whats in a Mc don sweet chilli chicken wrap. I chose thinking the lighter option but may have been stupidly duped by the picture on the wall. Anyway it had no calorific stuff on the wrapper to even put it into the calculator thingy. Tried their website but keeps freezing on page 1. Kinda hungry now too but dont wanna eat anything till I found out how badly i chose !! Even my sons cheeseburger was looking at me saying EAT ME

I pointed it at 12 because at the back of the wrapper they give you the website to check the nutritional info, I forget it now but the wraps are 12 overall :( maybe I'm wrong but thats what I got

Hello,

anyone know the points or weight of a classic dairymilk? u know the average one u get, in the gold foil and then purple wrapper. Had a slip yesterday and now want to point it but the wrappers are different on the cadburys website, think it's bigger than the 49g bar on the cadburys site but wasn't as big as the 230g.

thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

corasam wrote: »
    Hello,

anyone know the points or weight of a classic dairymilk? u know the average one u get, in the gold foil and then purple wrapper. Had a slip yesterday and now want to point it but the wrappers are different on the cadburys website, think it's bigger than the 49g bar on the cadburys site but wasn't as big as the 230g.

thanks.
    Here you go.

Dairy Milk – 49g 6
    Dairy Milk Chocolate bar -100g 11.5

thanks - but still trying to figure out what size the bar i ate was and i'm unlikely to get to shops in next couple of days.

in the gold foil and purple wrapper there's the super skinny one that'd u probably get for kids - is that the 49g one? then there's the standard, been around for donkeys years one, is that the 100g? I'd be suprised if that skinny one was half the weight of the standard one, seems much smaller?

alpha2010 wrote: »
    I pointed it at 12 because at the back of the wrapper they give you the website to check the nutritional info, I forget it now but the wraps are 12 overall :( maybe I'm wrong but thats what I got

Christ ! So duped !

The website doesnt give nutritional info for irish products hence the query. But I could have been a big pig & had 2 Mc chicken sambos for that.Its a wrap with 2 chicken selects bit of lettuce, sweet chilli & a scrap of mayo. There was actually no mayo on mine. In no way filling & I just though would be better than a greasy burger in a bun. How thick was I ?????? That drives me mental when you actually go to the effort of thinking what your eating & then you waste a ton of points.

We were out yesterday for the day & went for dinner in a hotel. Nothing on the menu & I mean nothing was suitable so I chose a beef & guinness pie & didnt eat the disk of pastry.Oh & they " dont do veg on the side ! I was like WHAT ?????? What a restuarant is all I can say so I couldnt even bulk on veggies lol. I came home & looked up the eating out guide - a massive 17 points.. I was like christ but TG I had only eaten 2 apples yesterday or I would have been screwed. !

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

corasam wrote: »
    thanks - but still trying to figure out what size the bar i ate was and i'm unlikely to get to shops in next couple of days.

in the gold foil and purple wrapper there's the super skinny one that'd u probably get for kids - is that the 49g one? then there's the standard, been around for donkeys years one, is that the 100g? I'd be suprised if that skinny one was half the weight of the standard one, seems much smaller?
    I think the one you had is the 53G one, normal size with 8 squares.
    Total claories = 280
    Sat Fats = 7.9

So your probably talking 6 - 7 points.

Coopaloop wrote: »
    I think the one you had is the 53G one, normal size with 8 squares.
    Total claories = 280
    Sat Fats = 7.9

So your probably talking 6 - 7 points.

thanks! had pointed 8 so not soo bad. thanks for ur help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

alpha2010 wrote: »

I think that must overestimating it a bit. Granted, I'm in NZ but according to my book a crispy chicken sweet chilli wrap is 7 points. They actually have WW meals at maccers here and they're all 6.5 points. One of them is a wrap with a salad and diet drink. I can't see how one in Ireland would be almost twice the amount of points :confused: unless they're giant! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

watna wrote: »
    I think that must overestimating it a bit. Granted, I'm in NZ but according to my book a crispy chicken sweet chilli wrap is 7 points. They actually have WW meals at maccers here and they're all 6.5 points. One of them is a wrap with a salad and diet drink. I can't see how one in Ireland would be almost twice the amount of points :confused: unless they're giant! :)

well I don't know I just went by the Mc Donalds guide and thats what I got but tbh its Mc Donalds so I wouldn't be too surprised. Nothing in there is healthy. It may look healthy but the wraps in fairness are huge.. the bread itself is prob 5 points alone its really long.. well its made me steer clear of those wraps, I was having one every now and again until I pointed it ..

Emm just wondering I got a brown bread roll medium sized and got tuna and sweetcorn on it, all the bread was taking out I mean there was nothing left, he did a good job, what would i point it all at ??

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Mc Donalds vary around the world, in the US a big mac is bigger than here so more points. In NZ it could be different again.

I remember KFC I got a either a medium or large meal in the US and the thing was massive, I barely could finish it and I am a glutton and was very hungry at the time.

There are loads of sizes of dairy milks & other bars these days mulitpack bars are usually a little smaller than a standard one in a newsagent.

How many point in a 0.5l bottle of Perlenbacher Premium Pils (Lidl) anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Hiya

Am heading abck to WW on Thursday after 10 years, and readng through the posts here it seems that fruit have points ( cant remember if they did way abck when ) - can I ask - the points for fruit, does it stay the same if the fruit is juiced ?

I am a big fan of juicing, and I do it every morning ( ie carrot, apple, pineapple, oranges )

Thanks

B

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement