Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many Weight Watchers points in ... ?-PLEASE USE MAIN STICKY THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭adhoc

thanks, I presume you mean a fairly decent glass.

I found my book in the meantime and it says 1 point for small glass of wine approx 100ml so happy days - if I have a half bottle tonight and the other tomorrow night thats 7 in total. Not too bad considering I have 10 spare from during the week.................

Got the velvet crunch so gona try them tonight. I love skips too didn't realise they were only 1 point. I'll have to get a calculator and bring it to the supermarket!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Burger Bites crisps = 1 point!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Minxie123

Hi All

When you get a tin of chick peas what's in the "juice"? Is it just salted water or is there oil? The can only gives the nutritional info for the drained product but the recepie I'm using says to add the whole lot so I'm not sure if I should be pointing the "juice" as well. Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It is usually brine/salty water. I have never seen a recipe telling you to use it, so I seriously doubt you are meant to in your case. What exactly does the recipe say? I am guessing it just means use the full tin, or add all at once.

rubadub wrote: »
    It is usually brine/salty water. I have never seen a recipe telling you to use it, so I seriously doubt you are meant to in your case. What exactly does the recipe say? I am guessing it just means use the full tin, or add all at once.

Well its not really a recipe, its a one pot throw together type dish that my friend makes and she told me to put the can, juice and all into it. I just rang her there and she said to definitely put the whole lot in. I might just leave it out to and add a bit of salt to be on the safe side. Thanks for the reply!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

hi is a can of bulmers light 2 points??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

Yep, I pointed a can of bulmers not so long ago and got 2pts!

Another question! a very naughty one at that!!

Anyone know the points for a chicken baguette from abra?? I can't find the info anywhere and think I read before that they weren't that bad..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

They have their nutritional info on their site alright - http://www.abrakebabra.com/main.html

Only have the kcals per 100g, which for a chicken baguette is 174kcals and the sat fat is 0.61g! Don't know what weight the baguette itself is tho!

Excellent I couldn't even find that ! Cheers. I guess it weighs 400g? so 8 points?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭adhoc

Anyone know how many points in a can of coors light? Would it be 2 like the bulmers light? I've read a few comments saying a bottle is 1-1.5 points (maybe 1.5 rounded up?) when I work out based on 1.5 in a 33cl bottle it works out at 2.5 which seems like alot.

foundry wrote: »
    Excellent I couldn't even find that ! Cheers. I guess it weighs 400g? so 8 points?
    I weighed one from londis before it was 325g, abras would be about the same size, probably the best of a bad bunch takeaway wise, they do chop up a fresh chicken fillet in front of you in abras. Just a shame and a bit strange that no fastfood places offer wholemeal bread/buns.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 therambling

Hey I know its a bit of a long shot but could anyone help me with a guess at how much would be in a sandwich I had from o briens today? I had white bread with Dairygold butter on one slice of the bread (not much though), one butchers style slice of ham, a handful of cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato and mayo (approx 2 tablespoons worth)? I know its going to be high due to the thicker bread etc but just wanted to know if anyone could help as its all i ate today so want to know what I have left points-wise for this evening! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hey I know its a bit of a long shot but could anyone help me with a guess at how much would be in a sandwich I had from o briens today? I had white bread with Dairygold butter on one slice of the bread (not much though), one butchers style slice of ham, a handful of cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato and mayo (approx 2 tablespoons worth)? I know its going to be high due to the thicker bread etc but just wanted to know if anyone could help as its all i ate today so want to know what I have left points-wise for this evening! Thanks :)

It's a total guess on some parts, but:

2slices thick bread I'd say 4
    Butter: 1
    Ham: 1/2
    cheese: 2.5
    Lettuce, tomato: 0
    Mayo: 4

Total: 12

Ham is right, for cheese 30g is 2.5 thats normally a small handful and mayo full fat is 2pts per tablespoon.
    Guess at the bread!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 therambling

Jwacqui wrote: »
    It's a total guess on some parts, but:

2slices thick bread I'd say 4
    Butter: 1
    Ham: 1/2
    cheese: 2.5
    Lettuce, tomato: 0
    Mayo: 4

Total: 12

Ham is right, for cheese 30g is 2.5 thats normally a small handful and mayo full fat is 2pts per tablespoon.
    Guess at the bread!

Thanks for that! I know its all kinda guess work and I came up with in and around the same thing myself.. i just wanted a second opinion on it!! awh well gotta cut short on food tonight :( haha

Hey I know its a bit of a long shot but could anyone help me with a guess at how much would be in a sandwich I had from o briens today?
    www.mysupermarket.co.uk is a good site for info on real foods. This sandwich is 487kcal 9.2g sat fat
    http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco-price-comparison/Sandwiches_Snacks_And_Sushi/Tesco_Ham_Cheese_Pickle_And_Lettuce_Brown_Bread_Sandwich.html

http://points.ogo.ms/ 9.5points

But I think Jwacqui's 12 points is closer since the bread would be thicker and bread packs a lot of calories. Most people are shocked to hear a 1/4lber burger has the about same calories as the bun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Hi all,

I searched the thread but I couldn't find this anywhere. Apologies if it's been asked before. How many points in a bread roll? Like the largest one you'd get on a deli counter.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

ergonomics wrote: »
    Hi all,

I searched the thread but I couldn't find this anywhere. Apologies if it's been asked before. How many points in a bread roll? Like the largest one you'd get on a deli counter.

Thanks!

9 I think :eek:

How many points in a bread roll? Like the largest one you'd get on a deli counter.
    If you are in a deli make use of their weighing scales. In any londis, centra etc I go to there is a scale for weighing hot foods, just put it on and remember, or if the scale is behind the counter ask the server to weigh it before filling.
    Then find some prepackaged rolls and take note of the values.

Or check here for values on real products, there are photos so you might find one which looks a similar size, though not all items have nutritional info

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/Shopping/FindProducts.aspx?Query=roll&SortBy=3

Bread has shocking amounts of calories so you should really weigh it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi all,

Thanks!

Our WW leader said 10points.

I heard somewhere that 1oz of bread roughly is 1point so I use that if there is no packaging!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

adhoc wrote: »
    Anyone know how many points in a can of coors light? Would it be 2 like the bulmers light? I've read a few comments saying a bottle is 1-1.5 points (maybe 1.5 rounded up?) when I work out based on 1.5 in a 33cl bottle it works out at 2.5 which seems like alot.
    Its 2. The bottles, as you mentioned, are between 1 and 1.5 points (ie when you have 3 bottles its 4 points and not 4.5)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Eibhin

Does anyone know how many points for a Cadbury's blue snack?

Thanks a mil

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

anyone know how many points are in the 35g box of crunchie nut cornflakes? I've checked the website and the best I can do is see that it's 6 points for 100g....

Anyone any ideas? Looks like it's around 2.5pts but anyone got a more definitive answer?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Mary-Ellen

ali85 wrote: »
    anyone know how many points are in the 35g box of crunchie nut cornflakes? I've checked the website and the best I can do is see that it's 6 points for 100g....

Anyone any ideas? Looks like it's around 2.5pts but anyone got a more definitive answer?

6 divide by 100 and multiply by 35 gives 2.1.
    I think WW rounds to the nearest half point so I'd guess at 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

thanks!!! im sooooo bad at maths....

:D

Eibhin wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many points for a Cadbury's blue snack?

Thanks a mil

Not sure if its the same but the little purple snack bars in the foil and paper wrapper are 3 points. I don't know of a blue snack?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Wednesdays Girl

Anybody know how many Points are in Chicken Madras? I'll be able to find out when I get home from work in my Eat Out book but I just want to start planning my evening now rather than later when I'm hungry.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭FewToLose

Anyone know how much in a pint of diluted miwadi orange?? thanks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Purple snacks are 3.5 as far as I know....

• Advertisement

Bag of chips from Italian chipper 455g

Going off mc-cains site their premium chips are 253kcal and 7.2g fat sat per 100g

So 1,151kcal and 33g sat fat so 24.5points for the bag.
    http://points.ogo.ms/

There is an interview with the italian chipper association guys on youtube, one guy said they used lard, another said a typical fish & chips has about 800kcal! no way in hell!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement