Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many Weight Watchers points in ... ?-PLEASE USE MAIN STICKY THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I assume the problem with fruit would be the sugar content.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

Merrilady wrote: »
    Hiya

Am heading abck to WW on Thursday after 10 years, and readng through the posts here it seems that fruit have points ( cant remember if they did way abck when ) - can I ask - the points for fruit, does it stay the same if the fruit is juiced ?

I am a big fan of juicing, and I do it every morning ( ie carrot, apple, pineapple, oranges )

Thanks

B

Yeah they do :( for example a small glass of OJ is 1 point...
    Carrots are free though...

But you could do the core plan with WW and then fruit is free with the exception of bananas... (I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

How many point in a 0.5l bottle of Perlenbacher Premium Pils (Lidl) anyone?
    I drink it but do not know the calorie content. I would guess it is about 200kcal per bottle. Pilsners are good choices as they are "dry", i.e. the sugars are mostly fermented out like "light beers". If it is 200kcal it is 3points (or 28.5 for 10!). -Remember to mulitply up when calculating points.
    does it stay the same if the fruit is juiced ?
    It would be the same, you are taking out the sugars with the juice and leaving the good fibre behind, -better off to eat it whole IMO, it is more filling and harder to overindulge.
    dubsgirl wrote: »
    Carrots are free though...
    That is strange, carrots are ~5% sugar, so carrot juice would have the same sugar content as regular Lilt. If you are eating whole carrots it would be hard to overindulge, but I do not think they meant to give you free reign to drink pints of carrot juice! ;)

Apples & oranges are about 11% sugar. Bananas are 22%, pineapples are ~13% grapes are ~16%

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Thanks a mill folks, its defo something I'll have to get a grip on early in the programme :)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭nachoqueen

hey guys
    just wondering is peanut butter really bad, i love it on a wholewheat cracotte,mmmmmmmmmmmmm:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭sophie1234

Hiya

Am heading abck to WW on Thursday after 10 years, and readng through the posts here it seems that fruit have points ( cant remember if they did way abck when ) - can I ask - the points for fruit, does it stay the same if the fruit is juiced ?

I am a big fan of juicing, and I do it every morning ( ie carrot, apple, pineapple, oranges )

Thanks

B

im a huge juice and smootie fanatic when i started weight watchers (well a month before) i gave up fuzzy drinks so live on them! juiceing fresh fruit is much better then buying already made juices because its hard to no if they really are fresh juice! carrots are free from point so i presume if you juice them ur self its point free same with tomatoes but i reckon if you buy a pre juiced carrot or tomato will have points cause mostly from concentrate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

sophie1234 wrote: »
    im a huge juice and smootie fanatic when i started weight watchers (well a month before) i gave up fuzzy drinks so live on them! juiceing fresh fruit is much better then buying already made juices because its hard to no if they really are fresh juice! carrots are free from point so i presume if you juice them ur self its point free same with tomatoes but i reckon if you buy a pre juiced carrot or tomato will have points cause mostly from concentrate!

188 Calories, 5 Weight Watcher Points in a 2 tbsp serving of regular, smooth peanut butter.

thats what I found on weight watchers website, its really high in calories. I remember I calculated a jar of it one day and there was over 1500 calories in it. MY bf loves the stuff well not any more since he found out how bad the stuff is :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Re p.b - I buy the Meridian one - nothing added at all - even though it's high in points it is good for you and the protein will keep you full.
    I have a heaped tsp on 1 oatcake with a smidge of rasberry jam - 2.5pts.

Now after that worthiness, how many points in my "whoops-y" , bloody €2 shop!! :mad:
    I had 1 half of a bounty
    1 square of Terry choc orange bar
    and then as I was waiting for dinner, 2 small palmfuls (maybe the same amount as the teeny packs?) of roasted peanuts. I used them in a recipe the other day...just shows you, sometimes buying the jumbo pack is a false economy! and also that sometimes the high press isn't high enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

even though it's high in points it is good for you and the protein will keep you full.

Thats like avacados, sooooo good for you, but very high in points - so how do you choose - very good for you or low points :rolleyes::rolleyes:

even though it's high in points it is good for you and the protein will keep you full.

Thats like avacados, sooooo good for you, but very high in points - so how do you choose - very good for you or low points :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'd have a little and stretch it out with low point accompaniments, such as my pb on oatcake mentioned above, I like it on apple slices too.

I looked up the n.'v of avocado and you get 75g of flesh for 2 pts, goes great with low point seafood - prawns, smoked salmon, crab.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Im a bread lover & nearly choked at the content in the baguettes.... So I found " bundys" only 2 points & far more filling than a slice of bread ...I didnt like the ww bagels which were 2 as well.
    & melba toast.... my new one is dipping it in yogurt. 1/2 for the yogurt & 1 & 1/2 for the melbas....... Yum !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 s_upergirl

I joined weight watchers 4 weeks ago and have lost 8.5lbs - delighted with myself - however I am heading down to electric picnic in 2 weeks and don't wanna ruin all that I have done - so my question is - does anyone know what is the lowest point beer that comes in cans is??thanks in advance!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

s_upergirl wrote: »
    what is the lowest point beer that comes in cans is??
    Calories in beer are from 2 main things, the alcohol itself and the leftover sugars. Light beers and pilsner beers are almost fully fermented out (i.e. all the sugars are converted to alcohol, so they are dry like dry wine vs. sweet wine) so have less calories than a similar strength beer which is not fully fermented out.

When at festivals etc it is best to stick to low % beers as they will not dehydrate you as much and you do not get drunk as easy. Tuborg is a fairly dry beer and is €20 for 24 in lidl right now, it is only 4% I am not sure of exact calories. Otherwise coors light is a good bet, it is only 4.2% I think. Guinness is low in calories and also 4.2% 170kcal per 500ml. Bulmers light is also a good choice, I think it is lower than coors light per unit alcohol (it is 4.5%)

Sometimes the stronger german beers can have more calories per pint, but less calories per unit alcohol -so if you usually drink to a certain level of tipsiness it can be less calories in 4 strong pints than 6 weak ones, but they can have the same effect. -However at festivals you tend to just keep drinking.

Tesco have a "value beer" which is only about 2%, probably muck though. I was once abroad and the only beer at an event was 2%, I actually had a great time, it was impossible to actually get too drunk, and lord knows I tried!

Best bet is also trying to match your cans with pints of water, or at least 1 pint of water to every 2-3 cans. It keeps you far more alert too.

a good thing with RE the peanut butter something i love!
    is two light digestives (1 pnt)
    1 and half tsp of peanut butter (1pnt could be 1.5 pnts cnt remember off hand)
    and a banana on top! (1pnt)
    its like a little bannoffe i have it for breakfast or somethings just one for less points as a snack or dessert! but defo worth it sooo yummp! main prob is buyin the peanutbutter and not being tempted to dip my finger in a trewout the day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Lambchops65

Hi guys,

I have just joined boards today and found this ww thread :).

I have recently started back doing ww (at home myself) and was just wondering if someone could help me point this lunch (ate out today so lost!)

Wrap with lettuce, tomato, onion, tuna (no mayo) and some sweet chili sauce.

Obviously tomato, lettuce and onion (0)
    Wrap ?? (2-3)
    tuna ?? (2)
    sweet chili sauce ?? no clue

Thanks for your help;)

Hi guys,

I have just joined boards today and found this ww thread :).

I have recently started back doing ww (at home myself) and was just wondering if someone could help me point this lunch (ate out today so lost!)

Wrap with lettuce, tomato, onion, tuna (no mayo) and some sweet chili sauce.

Obviously tomato, lettuce and onion (0)
    Wrap ?? (2-3)
    tuna ?? (2)
    sweet chili sauce ?? no clue

Thanks for your help;)

depending on your wrap they range from 1.5 to 4!!! depens on the size the biggest wrap ive had was from subway and that was 3.5 and there huge! (my friend works there so gave me the info on the back!)

tuna a small tin is 1pt very rarely would use more then that in a wrap so go wit 1/1.5
    sweet chilli sauce to my best knowledge is free (well if u use a small bit ) or 0.5 its very low!!

the best wraps i find are the Weight watchers own brand ones there 1.5 and the perfect size!!! :D:D

hope this helps!!

Thanks Sophie1234.

No idea what size the wraop was cos I didnt see them make it so I'll point it at around 3 pts. Tuna - 1.5 pt. 4.5 in total.

Thanks.PS - Any idea where you can buy the ww wraps? I've seen they naan breads, but not thw wraps.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Thanks Sophie1234.

No idea what size the wraop was cos I didnt see them make it so I'll point it at around 3 pts. Tuna - 1.5 pt. 4.5 in total.

Thanks.PS - Any idea where you can buy the ww wraps? I've seen they naan breads, but not thw wraps.
    Hi Lambchops65,
    Ive seen them in tesco and dunnes. If you can't find them in tesco the tesco healthy living ones might be there and they have WW points on the back of the pack, not sure how many points are in them but they usually try to match WW.

Thanks Sophie1234.

i get them in dunnes or supervalue deansgrange! dunnes in cornelscourt have a huge weight watchers range they have nearly everything!!

Thanks guys. I'll give them a go.

Yeah the healthy living in Tesco and count on us in M&S are handy for quick meals if you are pushed for time. I just bulk them out with lots of veg cos I have a massive appetite! Great that the points are already on the back too.

I had a bit of a blow out on Sat :o..had friends over from uk and we went out for an Indian and then on to drinks with lots of finger food and bday cake!! well over my points so I cut back yday - ate all low points food and then went for an hour long walk too. Will need to be good today in order to make up for Sat !! ;)

• Advertisement

I went to Eddie Rockets today, thought id be good and just have the Caesar salad, I thought it might have been around 10 points but I calculated it on the Eddie rockets website when I got home and overall its 17 points, that means thats it for the day :(

someone posted here that its only 8,

I downloaded the nutrition information
    http://www.eddierockets.ie/iopen24/defaultarticle.php?cArticlePath=174

emm I had half the chicken tenders because I gave some to my bf and then had no dressing because I think its horrible out of there. The majority was just lettuce :( and the cheese was left at the bottom, I only had a small amount

so is it definitely 17 ? because I'm already starving and this week I really cant go over my points

Please someone help me out :P

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Seb_bixby

Hey Alpha,
    I just worked it out as 11.5 points with the chicken tenders and cheese as extras.

I could be wrong with the way I worked it out but just took the cals and the sat fat and worked it out online.
    What figures did you use for it?
    I had 260 cals and 2g sat fat for the salad, 321cals and 3g sat fat for the tenders and 90cals and 2g sat fat for the cheese. Giving 671 cals and 7g sat fat = 11.5 points.

Like I said though I could have worked it out wrong! (hopefully not!) What am I missing that you used?

Hi Alpha,

Just fill up this evening on lots of no point foods.

When I am really stuck in the evenings I fill up on:

Butternut squash, onions, tomatoes, mixed peppers, mushies etc roasted in the oven in spray oil - o pts

no point soup - 0 pts

Mixed veg with 2 egg whites omlette - o pts

All great if you have no points left in the evening.

Seb_bixby wrote: »
    Hey Alpha,
    I just worked it out as 11.5 points with the chicken tenders and cheese as extras.

I could be wrong with the way I worked it out but just took the cals and the sat fat and worked it out online.
    What figures did you use for it?
    I had 260 cals and 2g sat fat for the salad, 321cals and 3g sat fat for the tenders and 90cals and 2g sat fat for the cheese. Giving 671 cals and 7g sat fat = 11.5 points.

Like I said though I could have worked it out wrong! (hopefully not!) What am I missing that you used?

yeah I used the same calorie figures but the weight watcher calculator I use online makes me enter fat instead of saturated. Ughh stupid online calculator, well I'm relieved so at least now I can eat some more food thanks Seb

anyone have a good online calculator, I have the mini one somewhere in the house hah

alpha2010 wrote: »

anyone have a good online calculator, I have the mini one somewhere in the house hah

Here ya go
    http://points.ogo.ms/

Alpha,
    The one I used was http://points.ogo.ms/.
    I got it from this site. Which, I have to say, has some great advice and receipes!! :D:D I'm fairly new to this but it's amazing how quickly you start thinking in points! lol
    Keep up the good work everyone! :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭corasam

how many points in skinny latte? regular takeaway size. thanks

Hi guys just went to a conference and they had bowls of skittles...anyone know how many in a handful - around 12?? Not a full bag.

Corasam, It would depend when the latte came from. They seem to be ranging from a 1point to 1 and a half points for one with Skimmed milk. You'd have to add sugar if you had some and I suppose it would depend on the size and where it was made. Hope that helps. :)

Lambchops, A fun size pack of skittles(18g) is 1 point and a full pack 3 and a half. There is also a snack size pack which is 1 and a half. Not sure what would be in a handful. I suppose it would depend on the size of your hands!! lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭corasam

Seb_bixby wrote: »
    Corasam, It would depend when the latte came from. They seem to be ranging from a 1point to 1 and a half points for one with Skimmed milk. You'd have to add sugar if you had some and I suppose it would depend on the size and where it was made. Hope that helps. :)

Lambchops, A fun size pack of skittles(18g) is 1 point and a full pack 3 and a half. There is also a snack size pack which is 1 and a half. Not sure what would be in a handful. I suppose it would depend on the size of your hands!! lol :D

thanks, it was just a local cafe, not part of a chain but even tho they called them a skinny latte I find most cafes just use low fat milk not skimmed. i dunno if skim milk would froth? anyways i don't take sugar so i'm guessing theres about 150ml of low fat milk so around 1.5 but if anyone has more scientific input...?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement