Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duracell Rechargeable Accu 2-in-1 usb charger

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Because I'm sure the OP didn't share with a view to people profiteering. He shared it for others to get one not for one person to buy them all up and usurp Tesco as a seller.

I admit to buying a few at the time, gave one to brother and another to collegue. I have 2 more I havent decided who to give to yet, but ill find somene!
    Buying 10+ for selling on ebay seems a bit much though ill agree!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Picked up 3 in Newcastle West this evening - not to sell on but because I have so many bloody gadgets in need them all! Loads left.
    Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Lots left in Midleton Tesco yesterday, didn't get one as I couldn't see the point of them but they are with the batteries a couple of rows down from the Customer Services on an end display.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

think i just got the last one with the full usb and mini usb, but theres about 6 or 7 of the ones with just mini usb left

this is the one i got http://www.duracell.ie/en-IE/product/instant-usb-charger.jspx

this is in market green tesco, midleton

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Loads left in the Tesco Jervis center Dublin, they are in the "batteries" section near the self service checkouts. Both models 3.95 Thank you OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SeanyMc22

CombatCow wrote: »
    Loads left in the Tesco Jervis center Dublin, they are in the "batteries" section near the self service checkouts. Both models 3.95 Thank you OP

Was in there yesterday and the had none of the 2 in 1 usb, picked up the pocket one very handy for charger the PS3 controller.
    Did they defo have the 2 in 1? would be great to get one for the iPhone.

Yes they did, I bought one for myself and one for my GF. pleanty left 20+, at 1:30pm today

** excellent idea for the PS3 controller :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

I'd say between the lot of us, there has probably been about a 100 of these bought since i brought this up. Assuming all bought it at 3.95, that would mean tesco lost 61 euro on each one. 6100 euro in lost revenue :P
    Woops! Go me!
    Wonder is it same in uk? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

just priced the mini one - PPS2 in Tesco Rathmines - €20 (give or take a few cent) Have Tescos picked up on this or are they still priced 3.95 elsewhere.

No sign of the larger one I really wanted.

Remember last time they had 16G HP usbs for 9, now priced nearly 60 IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

There's still about 7 of the pocket sized ones in Tesco Wilton scanning at €3.95. They're in the bottom row of the mobile phone section on the right, none in the battery rack. Looks like it will be handy to throw in the bag for keeping the ipod topped up on the train. Thanks OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

i hooked up my mini one to ps3 controller to charge it, didnt work :mad:

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Thanks OP, picked up three of the PPS2 in Mahon Point at lunchtime. Displayed at 3.95 BTW

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Stevo105

BArra wrote: »
    i hooked up my mini one to ps3 controller to charge it, didnt work :mad:

The mini doesnt work with USB 2.0 ...its only for USB 1.1 devices

The full size one works just fine :)

Full size one wont charge the ps3 controller either, trying it now and nothing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Thanks OP, Picked up two (2 in 1's) for €3.95 each, was wondering would they be more expensive than advertised cause I wouldn't of minded getting them for free! :D

But all in all i'm happy with a saving of €45.54 on each device compared to Durcelldirect.ie! :)http://www.duracelldirect.ie/pno/pps3.html

Edit: Stock in Abbeyfeale, 3-4 left!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

None in maynooth, got all that were remaining (4) for family. advertised for €3.95, I was charged €19.99. Went straight up to customer service and got them for free. :D
    1011787.th.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

daytob wrote: »
    None in maynooth, got all that were remaining (4) for family. advertised for €3.95, I was charged €19.99. Went straight up to customer service and got them for free. :D
    1011787.th.jpg

Now that's a true bargain! :D

3-4 big versions left in Celbridge Tesco so I'm told :)

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

I was just in Tesco in Celbridge and saw a guy with two in hand, so I went searching and picked up the last two (one for me and one for me bro for Oz). Thanks OP. There could be more in the store\stock room.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

daytob wrote: »
    1011787.th.jpg

That's a different type and is properly priced at 19.99. Looks like you scammed that one. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I got the last 2-in-1 in Nenagh while passing through (after trying 3 Tescos in Limerick during the week) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

The big one doesn't charge my N97 mini either, does work with my Zune though, but i barely use that.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Any left out in Wilton Tescos? The Douglas only has smally ones.

No 2in1 or the other mini left in Dundrum but they have 2 minis left this afternoon - 500mA Li-ion "Accu Instant" with usb cable (full to mini) and full size usb charging port.

It is the black one with the copper crescent near the top

Took 2 and let another boardsie know so he too got one.
    Wasnt too greedy, it was the larger one I wanted.
    None left in stock
    So if anyone wants to swap a large for 2 smalls,.....

Just note there is a security tab inside the adult proof blister pack , so you're going to set off the alarms as you go out. No way of deactivating.

They are there on the battery display near the bottom, front face of aisle near entrance, a few rows down from the front door end, I'll draw a map ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

zapata wrote: »
    That's a different type and is properly priced at 19.99. Looks like you scammed that one. :rolleyes:

I didnt scam it at all. I didnt know which one I was to get and the tesco label stated the pps2 was €3.95, I checked twice and it was that one according to the label. yeah they are the different ones alright. was just in tescos celbridge * getting eggs and saw there are still a few of them on the bottom of the shelf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Took a chance and checked in Tesco Castlebar today while there. Didn't expect to find any tbh as the alrert has been up a few days now, thought surely Tesco would have changed the prices by now.......

....But guess what!!!......They had two of the large one's left @ €3.95...I snagged one, so there was still one more left there at about 4pm today if anyone is that area and wants one.

Thanks OP.

any of the bigger 2 in 1's left in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

No big ones in Wilton or Douglas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 mossyhayes

3 left in tesco Wilton in the electronic accessories dept none on the duracell stand by tills. Just picked up 2 for myself & GF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

None of the big ones in an online shop from Newbridge

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement