Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duracell Rechargeable Accu 2-in-1 usb charger

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vicadd

Picked some up in Tesco Jervis - they had quite a few left - 3 different types and all 3.95. Even met a fellow boardsie!
    Thanks to OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

vicadd wrote: »
    Even met a fellow boardsie!
    haha how did you know? was there a secret handshake?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭Doodah7

vicadd wrote: »
    Picked some up in Tesco Jervis - they had quite a few left - 3 different types and all 3.95. Even met a fellow boardsie!
    Thanks to OP.

Picked one up in Jervis at lunchtime. They had one left after me at 1 o'clock. Marked as €64.99 on the shelf. They also had loads of the 'pocket' ones.

Thanks OP for a great bargain!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Also had this version: (which isnt as impressive)
    http://www.duracell.ie/en-IE/product/instant-usb-charger.jspx

Loads of the small ones down by the phone section, few more in the battery display. The ones in the battery display had a "new: €3.95" price ticket on them.

Actually disregard that part. It doesnt look as nice, but does appear to have a full size USB out.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭corklad32

Also had this version: (which isnt as impressive)
    http://www.duracell.ie/en-IE/product/instant-usb-charger.jspx

Loads of the small ones down by the phone section, few more in the battery display. The ones in the battery display had a "new: €3.95" price ticket on them.
    So is it a misprice or not? I Was in Wilton at 2 - couldn't find any of the large ones only the small ones? Tried the rack on the wall but didn't see them anywhere else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

phill106 wrote: »
    haha how did you know? was there a secret handshake?

LOL that was me, it was an easy guess as we rummaged through the various rechargables!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭baldshin

Got one in Galway this morning, loads of the smaller ones left. Both were marked at 3.95 on the shelf too!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭corklad32

baldshin wrote: »
    Got one in Galway this morning, loads of the smaller ones left. Both were marked at 3.95 on the shelf too!
    That's interesting must be clearing their stocks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭shnaek

corklad32 wrote: »
    So is it a misprice or not? I Was in Wilton at 2 - couldn't find any of the large ones only the small ones? Tried the rack on the wall but didn't see them anywhere else?

I was in Wilton at 12 and they had at least 8 or 9 of them. Surprising that they'd all go that fast. They were with the rest of the batteries, about 2 up from the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Anyone willing to pick some up for boardsies in work? :(

Will pay good price for them & postage!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Looks like Tesco were really ripping people off pricing them at €64.99. For sale on Amazon for £30.56, so would be free shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭iknorr

corklad32 wrote: »

apologies, thats my fault. i took the five remaining at about 145. Douglas didnt have them. mahon had only 2 (taken by a friend). Tesco cork city had 5( gone now though)

lots of the smaller versions there but they appear to only have about 10% of the charging capacity of th large ones.

Tesco cork city & douglas had them marked as 64.99. Wilton had them at 4 euro. All scanned at 3.95

Very odd mistake isnt it? And did they all have the full price stickers on them?
    It was odd how i found the deal, I had been looking at them for a while, and kept an eye on them as it was the type of thing tesco could misprice easy enough. Now everyone who got one, send me 5 euro please, thanks :)
    Saving that, i will also accept the euro millions winning numbers for this friday!

defo iou *Consults the crystal ball for lotto numbers*

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭dextero

Thanks op, picked one up in Mahon Point, marked at €64.99 but scanning at €3.95. Two more left there. Loads of the smaller ones marked at €3.95

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭Doodah7

iknorr wrote: »
    apologies, thats my fault. i took the five remaining at about 145.

FFS, there's always one that has to be greedy...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

+1 on the greed:mad:

tallpaul wrote: »
    FFS, there's always one that has to be greedy...:mad:

im only keeping 1, the other 4 had homes even before i got to tesco. i could have picking some more up for other people also but there was none there. If i get my hands on anymore ill dish them out to anyone who is willing to pick them up from my place in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Funky G

Any in Clare Hall?

Tesco cork city & douglas had them marked as 64.99. Wilton had them at 4 euro. All scanned at 3.95

You could have gotten it free in wilton then, under quibble gurantee!

You could have gotten it free in wilton then, under quibble gurantee!

whats that? i thought it only worked if it was more expnsive than the marked price?

• Advertisement

whats that? i thought it only worked if it was more expnsive than the marked price?

ah your right, i read it wrong. Continue!

apologies, thats my fault. i took the five remaining at about 145. Douglas didnt have them. mahon had only 2 (taken by a friend). Tesco cork city had 5( gone now though)

lots of the smaller versions there but they appear to only have about 10% of the charging capacity of th large ones.

You bought up five!!?!? :mad: People like you really get on my nerves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Kop Idol wrote: »
    Dammit ! None in Ashbourne. Looked like they only had the older versions of the various chargers...

They only had these for €19.99 ! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Duracell-Instant-Charger-immediate-recharging/dp/B001FC49VS

and these for €9.99 ! http://www.buyabattery.co.uk/duracell-pocket-charger-for-instant-power-pps1-p-1342.html

All scanned at proper prices :mad:

:(

Saved me a wasted trip anyway. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭rameire

went to carlow.
    they had loads of the smaller one and the bigger one

all the prices were at 3.95
    and they all scanned at 3.95

wasnt bothered about them so left them all.
    should have hidden them around the store and given hints for a treasure hunt.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Loads of these in Midleton. They're priced as €3.95 on the sticker, as if it's not a mistake or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

i think tesco dot ie has sussed it.

You bought up five!!?!? :mad: People like you really get on my nerves.

If 4 guys on here wanted me to get them for them would it be ok to buy those 4 when i was picking up my one?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

If 4 guys on here wanted me to get them for them would it be ok to buy those 4 when i was picking up my one?

Your dead right, first come first served. Didn't here anyone complaining about people picking up 6- 10 packs of the 79p bounty 6packs on the famous bounty thread. I'd do the same myself, I've plenty of family and friends that would want one of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭terriepodonnell

Scanning as €40 in Tesco Jervis Street, Dublin. (1645 this evening).
    I thought Tesco had central pricing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭ando

They had loads of them left in Bettystown Tesco, all advertised for €64.99 but scanned in as €3.95. This was at 8pm this evening

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement