Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duracell Rechargeable Accu 2-in-1 usb charger

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

There are at least 6 of each large and small in Tesco's Tullamore as of lunchtime today. Only small ones in Athlone yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

wil wrote: »
    any of the bigger 2 in 1's left in Dublin?

Was just down at Tesco Finglas- no 2 for 1's but about 5-6 of the mini usb ones left.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

iPhone. wrote: »
    Took a chance and checked in Tesco Castlebar today while there. Didn't expect to find any tbh as the alrert has been up a few days now, thought surely Tesco would have changed the prices by now.......

....But guess what!!!......They had two of the large one's left @ €3.95...I snagged one, so there was still one more left there at about 4pm today if anyone is that area and wants one.

Thanks OP.

I looked for them in Castlebar but couldn't find them ... where exactly were they? Along with the USB cables etc to the left of customer services a couple of aisles down???

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

Only wrote: »
    I looked for them in Castlebar but couldn't find them ... where exactly were they? Along with the USB cables etc to the left of customer services a couple of aisles down???

In both the Tesco stores that I found these in they were hanging on a display with the batteries at the end of an aisle near the checkouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭laros

Picked up what looks like the last of the large ones in tullamore about an hour ago, there was plenty(20+) of the smaller ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Cheers RATM, picked up the last 2 biggies in Stillorgan this evening.
    Sort of surprised they were still there,but Stillorgan Tescos is a bit of an oddity as they have a separate forgotten hardware shop, and alot of the small eletricals are behind the till. Several minis left.
    None in the grocery.

Rathfarnham still had several minis and they even were priced up as 3.95 (so refunds:p)

TO summarise, well as I saw this weekend
    None in Camden St, Baggot St, Rathmines. Stillorgan grocery
    Minis in Rathfarnhan, Dundrum, Stillorgan HW, possibly Nutgrove.
    There were 2in1s in StillorganHW, but no more:), unless more in stock

Havent tried the 2in1 yet but the mini seemed to work on most of the usb chargeables I tried, ipod, touch, mediaplayer, camera, not my SonyEricsson yet- perhaps coz only a data cable usb

6 Tescos in 3 days - :eek::eek::eek:, I've been tricked. :D

Forgot to say Thnks OP, been looking for something like these cheap for a little while.
    BTW the blister pack is something Larry David would be proud of.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭AP_MAN

picked up 2in1s the last 3 from Birr Tesco @7:30pm today, nothing more left.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

wil wrote: »
    Forgot to say Thnks OP, been looking for something like these cheap for a little while.
    BTW the blister pack is something Larry David would be proud of.

That reminds me, nearly had my eye taken out by the pack! Colleague was opening his one, think he kind of cut it and attempted to tear it the rest of the way. Next thing a shard of plastic shrapnel is flying precariously close to my eye!
    Be warned people, use scissors!
    I like the fact that this is gone to 4 pages though :)

phill106 wrote: »
    That reminds me, nearly had my eye taken out by the pack! Colleague was opening his one, think he kind of cut it and attempted to tear it the rest of the way. Next thing a shard of plastic shrapnel is flying precariously close to my eye!
    Be warned people, use scissors!
    Perhaps the real reason they are being sold off :D
    I like the fact that this is gone to 4 pages though :)

94% discount. :):):) from a company with quarter of the market share >2billon sales

phill106 - take a bow :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Plenty left in Mahon Point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

picked up a couple of the pocket chargers in Ennis....thanks.

New stock in coonagh. 5 of the big ones on bottom shelf on right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

New stock in coonagh. 5 of the big ones on bottom shelf on right.

going there now!!:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

cork45 wrote: »
    Plenty left in Mahon Point.

Just small ones?
    That's all I seen anyway, grabbed one for me and one for the GF

one of these

http://www.duracell.ie/en-IE/product/pocket-usb-charger.jspx

And one of these:

http://www.duracell.ie/en-IE/product/instant-usb-charger.jspx

(Couldn't see much difference..)

both 3.95 - I felt like I was fetting a good enough deal so didn't push the free/misprice thingy

Then went to ebay and got a mini to micro adapter for £0.99 - Sorted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Do you put batteries in them to power a usb device or is it a plug in adapter or what? Are these the same thing lucozade were giving away in Centra recently? How do you use them?

Thargor wrote: »
    Do you put batteries in them to power a usb device or is it a plug in adapter or what? Are these the same thing lucozade were giving away in Centra recently? How do you use them?

There is a lithium battery inside it already (like newer cameras/phones) and it recharges via usb port on pc. Then you can charge other usb devices from either the mini or normal usb port on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

Just an update:
    Tesco in Thurles have four of the 2 in 1 chargers left and loads of the smaller ones. They're on the battery stand at the checkouts by the front entrance. still €3.95.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

There was a couple left of the proper full sized ones in Tescos in Maynooth about 45 minutes ago.

Kinda strange that they're restocking these despite the wrong price tag, but I got a few for the family anyways!

Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

They have these in Dun Laoghaire in case anyone is looking for one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭carab

Spotted this thread on Monday and raced to my local Tesco in Longford but there was none there. This morning they had been re-stocked so i picked up a couple and brought them to the price checker on the floor...scanning in at €64.99 :( Ah well! :)

All good threads come to an end .

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Smaller ones still 3.95 in Tesco Douglas - Cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭ToadVine

Tesco Newbridge got a re-stock of the 2 in 1 chargers last night. There are about 5 left on the shelf ... dozens of the small ones left.

ALL STILL SCANNING AT €3.95 !!!!!

carab wrote: »
    Spotted this thread on Monday and raced to my local Tesco in Longford but there was none there. This morning they had been re-stocked so i picked up a couple and brought them to the price checker on the floor...scanning in at €64.99 :( Ah well! :)
    ToadVine wrote: »
    Tesco Newbridge got a re-stock of the 2 in 1 chargers last night. There are about 5 left on the shelf ... dozens of the small ones left.

ALL STILL SCANNING AT €3.95 !!!!!

See someone in longford talked :P
    First rule of bargain alerts, dont talk about bargain alerts!
    Remember that people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Got mine in Tesco Clarehall on the Battery stand at the end of an Aisle near the tills.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Tesco in Galway have got them in again, there were 5 2 in 1s left on the rack in the hardware shop when I got mine at lunch, none down in groceries, loads of the smaller ones in both locations. €3.95 on the sticker on the shelf and the same at the till, thanks OP.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

lol, I didn't read exactly what this is and rushed out to my local Tesco as I needed a charger.

It was only when I got there I realised it's for charging iphones and whatnot.

They have plenty left there and are marked as 3.95.

I didn't bother getting one.
    Also no way are these things worth 65e or whatever they were orginally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

None in Dundalk or Navan :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

4 or 5 of each type still left in Portlaoise.
    I got 2 of the big ones and 1 small one, all for €3.95 each :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement