Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Markom5a wrote: »
    Hey lads any body know any cheaper alternatives to maximuscle cyclone. Just wondering before I bought a new tub

A bag of skittles crushed into a shaker of whey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 thaifighter

Markom5a wrote: »
    Hey lads any body know any cheaper alternatives to maximuscle cyclone. Just wondering before I bought a new tub
    Boditronics Profusion Reloaded is well reviewed, has great ingredients, and you get around double the quantity vs. the Cyclone.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Markom5a

Boditronics Profusion Reloaded is well reviewed, has great ingredients, and you get around double the quantity vs. the Cyclone.

Sounds good any link?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Tony Sopranoe

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

A bag of skittles crushed into a shaker of whey.

LOL!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

My order arrived today. Not too impressed with their speed, but I guess I have to take the Bank Holiday into account.

Have to say the True Whey mint choc isn't as nice tasting as the Optimal Nutrition one. Tastes more like After Eights. But still it's alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Lanterrrn

Just looking for a quick bit of advice.

Could anyone give me a recommendation for a myprotein-alike based in the US... or for a product similar to Hurricane XS, also readily available in the US?

Thanks everyone. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

Lanterrrn wrote: »
    Just looking for a quick bit of advice.

Could anyone give me a recommendation for a myprotein-alike based in the US... or for a product similar to Hurricane XS, also readily available in the US?

Thanks everyone. :)

Check out trueprotein.com, you can formulate ur own supplements

• Registered Users Posts: 30 A_M

can i buy from myprotein using a maestro card?
    if yes, how do i get my issue number?

are the 'alpha men' vitamins and 'total protein' any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

This place are meant to have a shop in Lower Rathmines Road http://mybeerandwine.ie/

"brewing sugar" dextrose/glucose is 1.89 per kilo

http://www.mybeerandwine.ie/product_info.php?cPath=25_42&products_id=39&osCsid=crma29k539cbrc1bm39dbq50s5

delivery is 7.50 but people might live near.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭dwelby101

hi lads,

i have a quick question.
    Im 6' 1", just over 14 stone and i am looking at starting myself on a whey protein & creatine shake.

I sit on my ass at work most of the day (9:30 - 4) and I try not to eat too much food as im tryin to loose a few pounds. my usual day consists of breakfeast (cereal or eggs on toast with a cup of coffee), lunch (a sandwich), dinner (roast veg with spices on or pasta with pasta sauce and some veg or rice and veg usually with a can of coke) then ill usually have toast and coffee for supper.

I exercise about 2-3 times a week which consists of reps of sit ups, push ups, 100 - 200 reps on a rowing machine, 10 - 15 mins on a punch bag, 10 mins on a skipping rope, 10 - 20 reps of butterfly kicks and 30 reps on a bench - barbell (unsure of the weight... theyre heavy!) also i try to go for a 4 mile run once a week.

sorry now for going on but my question is... is it worth my while taking whey and creatine supplements as i want to try to lose the bit of flab around the belly and man boobs while trying to build up my arms and chest?

or

should i just stick with what im doing and slog on the good old fashioned way?

thanks for any advice here cause i feel im just going in circles trying to learn about these supplements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Aldito

^

Well your diet has virtually no protein at all, except for eggs at breakfast. So firstly start eating more chicken and other lean meats. But of course you can add in protein shakes on top of this as well.

And join a gym imo. You will outgrow that barbell especially if you start doing squats/deadlifts. A gym offers so many more exercises than a few weights and a skipping rope do at home.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Anyone bother with linseed? Saw a pack of it in Aldi yesterday and noticed it's 20% protein as well as being full of Omega 3's and fibre, seems like a pretty healthy food all round and a spoon of it goes easy into breakfast juice/shake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Aldito

A_M wrote: »
    can i buy from myprotein using a maestro card?
    if yes, how do i get my issue number?

are the 'alpha men' vitamins and 'total protein' any good?

I have an AIB maestro/laser card and they wouldn't except it. I used my sister's visa electron and that worked grand. Those Dublin City gift cards you get in Stephen's Green would work fine also.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭dwelby101

would the whey be a good substitute for lean meats as I would rather get the protein without any of the fats in meat also i cannot really afford to be eating meat every day, you know recession and all that! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Its possible that I have developed an acquired milk allergy.

Anybody with milk issues used a good Whey Isolate?
    Any reactions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

the isolate would be a step in the right direction and I don't get any bloating or gassiness that I get from concentrate, but maybe it would be more efficient and effective to switch to egg protein or something non dairy for the next while? Obviously it will be more expensive but you have a better chance of recovering quickly by completely avoiding milk as much as possible.

the isolate would be a step in the right direction and I don't get any bloating or gassiness that I get from concentrate, but maybe it would be more efficient and effective to switch to egg protein or something non dairy for the next while? Obviously it will be more expensive but you have a better chance of recovering quickly by completely avoiding milk as much as possible.

Maybe.
    Its not that much more expensive from Myprotein.

Shawnuff don't want to go for pea protein or anything like that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Hello,

with the whole appeal of whey being the absortion rate and bio-availabilty and all that bollox, would you not just eat more whole food sources instead of some obscure powder.

Hello,

with the whole appeal of whey being the absortion rate and bio-availabilty and all that bollox, would you not just eat more whole food sources instead of some obscure powder.

Me?

I am looking to replace 2-3L of milk a day here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭seven-iron

Guys,

I bought a box of cyclone bars today. There best before date is August 2010. Would you reckon there is no need to bring them back?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

d'Oracle wrote: »
    Me?

I am looking to replace 2-3L of milk a day here.

3L of milk is 99g of protein.

400g of chicken or tuna.
    so 2 chicken breasts and a 100g tin of tuna.
    not that hard to get through.

Ah I was wondering where my comment went.... Someone moved it. Sorry for not putting it in here in the first place. Any got any advice on this...
    I bought a box of cyclone bars today. There best before date is August 2010. Would you reckon there is no need to bring them back?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

seven-iron wrote: »
    It is presumably a best before date, and not a use by -so they would still be OK to eat but just not at their "best". I would always expect to get a discount on anything past its BBD though, and the customer should really be notified about it (though it is probably not legally required -there is a active thread in consumer issues about this)

Rub thanks for the reply.

Ok I get what your saying. So their probably fine to eat.

I bought them in whole unopened box and the BBD is on each bar. I checked my Progain extreme to make sure that wasn't old stuff either but its ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭jasonf9ace

Looks like your diet doesnt consist of alot of protein which is bad if your trying to gain muscle as protein repairs your muscles and helps built muscle size.Starving yourself is a bad idea aswell because it makes your body go into "starvation mode" and your body begins to store fat.Sticking to what your doing is a pretty bad idea in my opinion and also 30 reps on a barbell isnt advideable at most you shouldnt be doing more that 20 reps.My advice would be to break it into 3 or 4 reps of maybe 12 with 2 - 3min breaks in between.You should check out freetrainers.com its free and should help you out on your diet and workout routine:)

i have a quick question.
    Im 6' 1", just over 14 stone and i am looking at starting myself on a whey protein & creatine shake.

I sit on my ass at work most of the day (9:30 - 4) and I try not to eat too much food as im tryin to loose a few pounds. my usual day consists of breakfeast (cereal or eggs on toast with a cup of coffee), lunch (a sandwich), dinner (roast veg with spices on or pasta with pasta sauce and some veg or rice and veg usually with a can of coke) then ill usually have toast and coffee for supper.

I exercise about 2-3 times a week which consists of reps of sit ups, push ups, 100 - 200 reps on a rowing machine, 10 - 15 mins on a punch bag, 10 mins on a skipping rope, 10 - 20 reps of butterfly kicks and 30 reps on a bench - barbell (unsure of the weight... theyre heavy!) also i try to go for a 4 mile run once a week.

sorry now for going on but my question is... is it worth my while taking whey and creatine supplements as i want to try to lose the bit of flab around the belly and man boobs while trying to build up my arms and chest?

or

should i just stick with what im doing and slog on the good old fashioned way?

thanks for any advice here cause i feel im just going in circles trying to learn about these supplements.[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 39,154 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

3L of milk is 99g of protein.

400g of chicken or tuna.
    so 2 chicken breasts and a 100g tin of tuna.
    not that hard to get through.
    I never weighed food when I was in Ireland, only since moving and I knew chicken breasts wer defo small at home/bigger in Oz c.150g :eek:

I reckon there are 250-350 on average here, dependng on if its a multipack or over the counter.

Strangly, eggs are smaller

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

hey guys im back in ireland finally and will be back in the gym today

looking at getting some supplements to help with the college diet

myprotein have some great value stacks at the moment but want to know which one you would recomend for my particular goals

im gonna try to take the 'if you want to look like an athlete, train like an athlete' approach this year. so im gonna be doing 4 days of weights followed by either 40min run or 40 min swim(probably swim) and then ill be surfing and windsurfing on top of that but its too irregular to count on it as a days excersise

so here are the stacks im looking at, advice pleassssseeeee

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/products/24/7_muscle_stack1

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/products/lean_muscle_stack

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/products/beach_body_bundle

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

PeakOutput wrote: »
    hey guys im back in ireland finally and will be back in the gym today

looking at getting some supplements to help with the college diet

myprotein have some great value stacks at the moment but want to know which one you would recomend for my particular goals

im gonna try to take the 'if you want to look like an athlete, train like an athlete' approach this year. so im gonna be doing 4 days of weights followed by either 40min run or 40 min swim(probably swim) and then ill be surfing and windsurfing on top of that but its too irregular to count on it as a days excersise

so here are the stacks im looking at, advice pleassssseeeee

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/products/24/7_muscle_stack1

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/products/lean_muscle_stack

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/products/beach_body_bundle
    And whats your goal?

Without you even telling it to me, id advise against these stacks and just buy what you need individually, that is unless your loaded and money means nothing to you, but being a student I can bet this is not the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Esse85 wrote: »
    And whats your goal?

Without you even telling it to me, id advise against these stacks and just buy what you need individually, that is unless your loaded and money means nothing to you, but being a student I can bet this is not the case.

between now and xmas put on some muscle mass without minimal fat gain and then probably from febuary to june will be mainly cutting

and buying the individual parts of those stacks works out more expensive

Advertisement