Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What age is Suzanne and Damian suppose to be?

Surely they talked about having kids when they first got engaged

Esther and her stupid wig are doing my head in I wished one of the drunk kids or Damien would pull it off her

Why would they? If I got engaged, I wouldn't talk about it. If it came up, i would tell it like it is.. Damien has often said he doesn't want kids, its hardly the first time this topic came up (in fairness!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

suzanne and damien should just call it a day .. and suzanne just gets with louie as has a baby with him and then they live happily ever after............bahahaha NOT!

suzanne and damien should just call it a day .. and suzanne just gets with louie as has a baby with him and then they live happily ever after............bahahaha NOT!

Oh god, I think I just puked :D:D:D

They need to hold auditions for the part of either Louie's wife or his new love interest... I am here!!! :D:D:D

00039e3d-545.jpg

If it's not Football's, it's Rose's!

There will be no Fair City on Tuesday 24th of August.

Due to the Rose of Tralee coverage, there will be a slight disruption to the Fair City transmission schedule.

Fair City will be off air on Tuesday 24th of August. The schedule will return to normal on Wednesday 25th of August. 7.30pm.

Apologies for any disappointment caused by this disruption, but you will not be disappointed by Wednesday night's episode.

Suzanne is angry with just about everybody, especially Damien; Charlie has it in for Doug, and Avi catches Esther's eye!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

damn rose of tralee...........:rolleyes::p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

angel01 wrote: »
    Avi catches Esther's eye!

:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

00039e3d-545.jpg

If it's not Football's, it's Rose's!

There will be no Fair City on Tuesday 24th of August.

Due to the Rose of Tralee coverage, there will be a slight disruption to the Fair City transmission schedule.

Fair City will be off air on Tuesday 24th of August. The schedule will return to normal on Wednesday 25th of August. 7.30pm.

Apologies for any disappointment caused by this disruption, but you will not be disappointed by Wednesday night's episode.

Suzanne is angry with just about everybody, especially Damien; Charlie has it in for Doug, and Avi catches Esther's eye!

You tell him Niamh, Its not all that bad, but dont let him go. YOu never know what he might get up to.

:eek:

You can't leave her alone for a second ;):D

PLANNERS have asked RTE to consider moving the Fair City set to a location outside its Donnybrook campus.

The request has come after complaints to Dublin City Council by the German ambassador about the structure.

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/fair-city-set-faces-move-after-german-embassy-complains-2305537.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

PLANNERS have asked RTE to consider moving the Fair City set to a location outside its Donnybrook campus.

The request has come after complaints to Dublin City Council by the German ambassador about the structure.

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/fair-city-set-faces-move-after-german-embassy-complains-2305537.html
    Why would builders be working on the set at 1.30am? As for the "explosion", it was hardly loud - presumably it was when Annette got killed in the fire. And it is not as if there are many dramatic moments in terms of shootings, explosions etc. Though possibly if they did move the set to another location, they might be able to extend it, ie. incorporate "Ragnell Place" and "Copeland Close" which they used to mention regularly in the early days. Apparently Coronation Street are to extend their set, so it could be an opportunity for RTE and Fair City to do likewise.

Fair enough, no-one like's being kept awake. There's no excuse for hammering sets together at one in the morning. But is this really the kind of thing an ambassador should be getting involved in? He's supposed to increase friendly relations between Germany and Ireland. He's not going to do that by attacking our most popular drama.

Anyway, what's that rubbish about being disturbed by "explosions"? I can think of one explosion in twenty years, when Annette's office blew up.

rogercar wrote: »
    Why would builders be working on the set at 1.30am? As for the "explosion", it was hardly loud - presumably it was when Annette got killed in the fire. And it is not as if there are many dramatic moments in terms of shootings, explosions etc. Though possibly if they did move the set to another location, they might be able to extend it, ie. incorporate "Ragnell Place" and "Copeland Close" which they used to mention regularly in the early days. Apparently Coronation Street are to extend their set, so it could be an opportunity for RTE and Fair City to do likewise.

A huge extension would be terrific, but I can't see it happening now. RTE is absolutely broke, and they would never give Fair City the money for a big new building project. It's much more likely that they would just cut down the number of outdoor scenes, so we'd be permanently stuck in the green and mauve walls of the studio sets.

A huge extension would be terrific, but I can't see it happening now. RTE is absolutely broke, and they would never give Fair City the money for a big new building project. It's much more likely that they would just cut down the number of outdoor scenes, so we'd be permanently stuck in the green and mauve walls of the studio sets.
    True enough. At best they might revamp the pub and shop! Anyone any idea what the hoarding is? Last week during the "stand off" with Dermot outside the community centre, you could see the wooden hoarding at the opposite side.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Another reason to dislike the Germans...

Fair play to Dermot for standing up to Charlie, or planning to, but you'd wonder what himself and Jo are going to live on. I know he's supposed to be an accountant, but when is the last time we saw him with a client? I got the impression he lost all his business when he was dumped out of Fianna Fail.

In other news: Barry is still sighing at the start of every sentence. Mark is still frowning in every scene. Bob is still in bits. Lots of chat in this first half, mainly about the events of the last episode. Nothing new happening.

Oh dear, it looks like its all over for Suzanne & Damien, can't see how they can resolve it now. I did laugh at Wayne's references to Justine :D

Even funnier was Carol throwing the whole risk board up in the air and then seeing Louie arguing with Ray & Leo, a very funny comedy moment and I loved the scenes with Carol & Louie, and joking about the talent contest, the chemistry is growing with them :D:D:D

I suppose Jo has her job of managing the Helping Hand but it wouldn't be much, glad Dermot could keep his job and good on Barry for standing up for Dermot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Nothing new happening.
    on the plus side.......Louis is getting sexier by the episode !

on the plus side.......Louis is getting sexier by the episode !

Oh I have to agree... so hot..but hands off ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Even funnier was Carol throwing the whole risk board up in the air

I enjoyed that with Carol but I thought she was part of the Community centres committee. Excuses were made for Bela, why wasn't Carol at the meeting.

Loved Louies peace offering of burger and chips though.

• Advertisement

Epicurus wrote: »
    I enjoyed that with Carol but I thought she was part of the Community centres committee. Excuses were made for Bela, why wasn't Carol at the meeting.

Loved Louies peace offering of burger and chips though.

I thought she was just Carrigstown Mayor and not part of the committee... but I could be wrong..

I am still laughing away here and when she said you didn't have to pay for them :D

I thought she was just Carrigstown Mayor and not part of the committee... but I could be wrong..

With previous meetings, Charlie was at times forcing her to attend the meetings as she is a part of the committee.

Apologies aplenty next week. Leo to Carol and Mark to Esther. Charlie, Avi: Mark would want to be careful.

Great episode again tonight, well done to all envolved. I'm guessing Louie will console Suzanne on the loss of her baby and that it won't be too long until she gets pregnant again,this time by Louie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Gibson101

Thought it was a fantastic episode. I thought Suzanne played a blinder and she seems to be revelling in this current story. Loved what Carol did to the lads during the board game scene. I see a twinkle between her and Louis. Can't wait to see how it develops.

rogercar wrote: »
    G I'm guessing Louie will console Suzanne on the loss of her baby and that it won't be too long until she gets pregnant again,this time by Louie.
    Gibson101 wrote: »
    Loved what Carol did to the lads during the board game scene. I see a twinkle between her and Louis. Can't wait to see how it develops.

Carol or Suzanne. Suzanne or Carol.

Difficult choices ahead for Louie.

Patrick Wests reviews of the past week in Carrigstown

http://www.spiked-online.com/index.php/site/article/9444/

Epicurus wrote: »
    Carol or Suzanne. Suzanne or Carol.

Difficult choices ahead for Louie.

Until a wonderful new age hippie who believes in all things spiritual and free called Angel wanders into McCoys and Louie gets mesmerised... :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I have a feeling that Louie is a cross dresser - (has that topic ever been covered by any soaps before?)

00039f58-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 131

Wednesday 25th August

Charlie throws his weight around the community centre, ridding it of any undesirables.

Zumo demands that Vivienne never let Bob near Charlotte again.

Avi and Pete are busy refurbishing the old Molloy house for the new neighbours.

Suzanne struggles with her recovery from her miscarriage.

Esther books Avi's services!

Charlie rebukes Doug for his attempt to get involved with the community.

And Charlotte finds out the truth.

Written by: Sian Quill
    Directed by: Gary Agnew
    Locations Director: Shirley Dalton

00039f59-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 132

Thursday 26th August

Jo tries to convince 'dictator' Charlie to ease up.

Bob gets cosy with Charlotte and Vivienne. How will Zumo react?

Pete warns Avi of Esther's 'cat' like intentions.

Adam gets his own back on Charlie. But Doug feels the pain.

Mark becomes suspicious of Suzanne and Louie's friendship.

Pete threatens legal action against Charlie.

And Bob does the right thing...eventually.

Written by: Hilary Reynolds

00039f5a-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 133

Sunday 29th August

Charlie digs his heels in.

Pete becomes a pin up.

Damien tries to make amends, but Suzanne isn't in a forgiving mood.

Zumo loses Vivienne's trust.

Damien makes matters worse with a wild accusation.

And the tree gets it!

Written by: Hilary Reynolds

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

deelite wrote: »
        I have a feeling that Louie is a cross dresser - (has that topic ever been covered by any soaps before?)

Hollyoaks

This discussion has been closed.
      Advertisement