Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

I think it's about £5 Archimedes, but for smaller packages it can sometimes be free from my experience (e.g. just vitamins or something)

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

Hi,

Is I was to order from myprotein now, roughly how long would I be waiting for a delivery?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

agentgreen wrote: »
    Hi,

Is I was to order from myprotein now, roughly how long would I be waiting for a delivery?

Thanks.
    Allow 5 days

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DARCHA22

for my protein its £4.95

3-5 days

• Registered Users Posts: 39,119 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

peanuthead wrote: »
    Can I butt in instead of starting a new thread and ask where are people buying the lucozade powder to mix with the water. Got it years ago in boots but they don't seem to have it now
    Get wrote: »

I imagine he means this this one and not the protein powder.
    It's justa basic isotonic powder, like powderade, gatorade etc
    http://www.lucozade.com/sport/products/fuel/body-fuel-powder/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 De_La_Jim

Hey thought I'd ask just to make sure,I recentley started on extreme promax but the taste has been putting me off,instead of using the reccomended 200 mls of water I used close to 350,i found it tasted much better when I did this and I was just wondering if this was alright????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Apip99

Afternoon all,

Has any one used or know of a product called JACK3D? Thoughts and feedback....

Archimedes wrote: »
    Hey guys, what's the price of shipping on discount-supplements.co.uk to Ireland? If I was ordering True Whey, some Multivits and a couple of oils. Thanks.

you can only get true whey from www.myprotein.co.uk

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

De_La_Jim wrote: »
    Hey thought I'd ask just to make sure,I recentley started on extreme promax but the taste has been putting me off,instead of using the reccomended 200 mls of water I used close to 350,i found it tasted much better when I did this and I was just wondering if this was alright????

Perfectly fine mate. It is all down to personal preference. More water is never a bad thing.

De_La_Jim wrote: »

why not try a diff brand, can tell you it will prob taste better and you will prob get twice as much as you do with maxi-ripoff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Apip99 wrote: »
    Afternoon all,

Has any one used or know of a product called JACK3D? Thoughts and feedback....
    Small bit here on it http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/Jack3d-Or-Original-Iforce-Maximize-m4019768.aspx

Perhaps do a search on that site and you might find more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Apip99

Cheers Esse85,
    I’ve read a lot on various forums. And it has extremely good reviews. So I took the bullet and ordered some yesterday. I will post on first impressions on Wednesday after first session using it. (if my neck is better by then)

anyone use Perform XS from myprotein, is it any use.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

Just wondering is there any problem with doing this. I have mass system protein and "nutr1st" creatine. Is there any prob with mixing the two in the same shaker to make one shake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

Tonto86 wrote: »
    Just wondering is there any problem with doing this. I have mass system protein and "nutr1st" creatine. Is there any prob with mixing the two in the same shaker to make one shake?

no problem fire away

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It might just make it a bit gritty. Up to yourself, most people like vodka mixed with coke, I prefer drinking the vodka and the coke after.

cheers for the replies lads. I'm likewise on the vodka thinkin! :D

Been readin up on the interweb and gettin a lot of conflictin information.

When you stop using creatine will you loose any gains. In other words is creatine actually helping genuine muscle growth or is it just pumpin me full of water like a hairy water balloon?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

When you stop using creatine will you loose any gains. In other words is creatine actually helping genuine muscle growth or is it just pumpin me full of water like a hairy water balloon?

It allows you to train harder. If you train harder you will stimulate increased muscle growth. If you eat enough calories after training you will grow.

Once you stop taking creatine you will loose the water weight, but hold on to the new muscle (if you trained hard enough and ate well enough to grow some).

if you drink enough water your body wont hold onto as much of the excess water from the creatine, it will flush it out. Increased water consumption decreases water retention.

If you drink lots of water your body flushes excess water out becasue it is getting enough fluids, if you dont drink lots of water your body holds onto it, same applies to fat and carbs, its your bodys natural survival response.

If you reduce your salt intake you can also reduce water retention

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

DARCHA22 wrote: »
    If you drink lots of water your body flushes excess water out becasue it is getting enough fluids, if you dont drink lots of water your body holds onto it, same applies to fat and carbs, its your bodys natural survival response.

Are you saying that the more carbs and fat you eat, the less likely your body is to hold on to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

My leg's a little banged up and I mightn't be very active and back in the gym lifting properly 'til maybe another 4 days from now. Though I may get some upper body work in sooner.

I was going to start a creotine cycle for the first time - any reason why I shouldn't just start taking doses immediately or should I wait 'til a day when I'll definitely be back in the gym lifting heavy?

I don't plan on doing any loading, if that makes a difference.

Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Loading? Cycle? Doses? Creatine isn't a drug it's a food supplement. No loading required, no cycling required, no dosage.

Just eat it every now and again daily. When how and with what make so little difference as to render it totally useless to worry about.

Hanley wrote: »
    Are you saying that the more carbs and fat you eat, the less likely your body is to hold on to them?

no.

-eat too much fat = get fat
    -eat too little fat = body will hold onto fat for dear life
    -eat just the right amount of fat = body will allow fats to be used as energy, and release them into the bloodstream.

-eat too much carbs = stored as fat(but i think stored as glycogen and carbs first or somthing like that) = get fat
    -eat too little carbs = fats stores used = dont get fat
    -eat right amounts of carbs = not stroed as fat, used for energy

so if you dont eat enough fat, your body will hold onto it, survival response.

if you dont eat enough carbs your body will use fat stores

(prob got something wrong there but i aint no science dude or got no qualifications for this stuff.)

i really should have said the body has a similar response with regard to fat/carbs.

anywho back to the thread topic, supplements!

Loading? Cycle? Doses? Creatine isn't a drug it's a food supplement. No loading required, no cycling required, no dosage.

Just eat it every now and again daily. When how and with what make so little difference as to render it totally useless to worry about.

People do take it in "cycles", though and people do "load". If you'd prefer I say "amount" instead of dose then fair enough, it's all the same to me.
    None of those words need necessarily only apply to drugs and I'm only repeating words I've seen people use when talking about creatine so many times. Sorry for not being as nonchalant about it as you bro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭colly10

People do take it in "cycles", though and people do "load". If you'd prefer I say "amount" instead of dose then fair enough, it's all the same to me.
    None of those words need necessarily only apply to drugs and I'm only repeating words I've seen people use when talking about creatine so many times. Sorry for not being as nonchalant about it as you bro.

People don't do loading phases of creatine anymore, it's been proven that theres no point and if you want to take it in cycles fair enough but there is no need to cycle creatine, you can just take it continuously

Fair enough, only thing I even mentioned about loading is that I'm not doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

DARCHA22 wrote: »

so if you dont eat enough fat, your body will hold onto it, survival response.

That's what they thought in the 70s, but its a lot more complex than that. Body fat and dietary fat are two different things, they aren't interchangeable in the way you've treated them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭colly10

That's what they thought in the 70s, but its a lot more complex than that. Body fat and dietary fat are two different things, they aren't interchangeable in the way you've treated them.

Do you mean that too few calories as opposed to fat will cause your body to store fat or what do you mean?

• Advertisement

My leg's a little banged up and I mightn't be very active and back in the gym lifting properly 'til maybe another 4 days from now. Though I may get some upper body work in sooner.

I was going to start a creotine cycle for the first time - any reason why I shouldn't just start taking doses immediately or should I wait 'til a day when I'll definitely be back in the gym lifting heavy?

I don't plan on doing any loading, if that makes a difference.

Thanks.

no harm in starting it now, i find creatine more effective in 5-10g amounts. 10g first thing in the morning or 5g before and 5g after workout

Advertisement