Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Hi There

Personally I think the best place to pick up ON protein is from Irish Lifting, see http://www.irish-lifting.com/supplements-c-2.html

They have a shop on Camden St where you can collect it from. They are about the cheapest I have found in Dublin.

Best Regards,

M

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Hey I am almost coming to the end of my current selection supplements and will be shopping again soon for new stuff, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of whats best to take for throwing on a good bit of size with keeping body fat down.

I experimented with a new program I got for 12 weeks and it was a disaster I went from 95kg to 84 kg and it appeared to be all muscle that I lost. I am currently taking NO shotgun before and NO synthesize after my workouts, I also taking it with myfusions protein. Seeing small results, small reduction of body fat and a little more size (back to 88kg now) Didnt get any sort of a "pump" off the NO products though so that was disappointing as it was my first time trying out this sort of product.

I have taken optimums serious mass in the past and it did throw a good bit of size but it also threw a big gut on me, so want to stay away from these sort of weightgainers if possible.

I workout 5 days a week, Diet is pretty clean.
    Anybody any suggestions, It really would be greatly appreciated. I am open minded to all types of supplements, some of which I plan to have a look into are White flood, jack 3d, animal products, size on.

oh and for those of you who have taking time out to read this far thanks for your time.
    if you are open minded I would put money its not the bloody supplements that are the answer to your woes its your training and just making sure you are eating well every day

Post up program (weights lifted), current diet and your stats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

B-Builder wrote: »
    Hi There

Personally I think the best place to pick up ON protein is from Irish Lifting, see http://www.irish-lifting.com/supplements-c-2.html

They have a shop on Camden St where you can collect it from. They are about the cheapest I have found in Dublin.

Best Regards,

M

Which shop on camden!? Fighting fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Hi There

Yep, Sorry about that. Post would have be much more helpful if I had named the sop :o

It is indeed Fighting Fit on Camden St.

Best Regards,

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Dancingjebus3

This is my workout routine for the time being: criticism only welcome if you give reasons to why you feel its wrong.

Any exercises listed together are done together as supersets.
    when using db I only counting the weight of one db so if i say for eg 32kg its actually 64kg

Monday- arms and biceps

incline db press 10,8,6,6 - 32kg
    flat db press 12,10,8,8 - 27kg

cable crossovers - 12 x 3 18kg
    db flyes 12 x 3 15kg
    decline press 6 x 3 34kg

BB curls 8 x 4 30kg

ez bar preacher curl 8,8,6,6 25kg
    incline db curls 7each arm x 4 12kg

bb revers curl 16x3
    db wrist curls 12x3
    bb wrist curls till failurex 3

Finish with another set of incline db press 6 x 4 with 38 kg

Tuesday - triceps

close grip bench 8x4 70kg
    french curls 12x4 20kg

tri pulldown 8x4
    kick backs 12x4
    dips till failure x4

scull crushers 8,6,6,4 28kg

ABs

Wednesday- back

single arm rows 8x3 38kg

bb rows 12,10,8,8 60kg
    t-bar rows 8,8,6,6 70kg

lat pulldown 10,8,8 30kg
    seated wide grip rows 8x3 55

lower back ext 12x 3 with 20kg weight
    good mornings 8x3

obliques

Thursday- legs

Squats 10,8,8,8 100kg
    deadlifts 8,6,6,4 90kg

leg press 8x4 120kg
    calfraises 12x4 120kg
    leg ext 12x4 55kg

decline bench 10 x 2 90
    flat bench 8 x 2 90

friday- shoulders

smith machine scull crush, 8x3 70

shoulder db press 8x3 30

bb front raises 10x3 20kg
    upright rows 8x3 30kg
    lat raises 12x3 10kg

db shoulder press 6x3 32kg

bb shrugs 12x3 80
    cable shrugs 12x3 55
    db shrugs 10x3 50

sample day of food.
    breakfast - 1 and half cup of oats with skimmed milk, with slices of wholemeal bread and a boiled egg.

pre work out -apple and no shotgun
    after work out -no synthesize followed shortly by protein shake

lunch- chicken breast with brown rice and peppers

snack- large tin of john west tuna

dinner- sirloin steak with boiled potatoes and veg

snack- protein shake or cottage cheese

drink at least a liter of milk a day, 2 liters of water and several cups of green tea.

I am perfectly aware that working out and diet come miles ahead before supplements do, and I would like to think I prioritize the right things when it comes to fitness, everything I do is compiled together of advice and recommendations from everywhere. I also know that the right supplements can be of a great help if the right ones are taken. I dont mean to sound like c*n* here but if you dont want to advise me on what supplements to take then please dont bother posting that your not going to tell me, its of no use to anyone.
    Thanks again for your time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Get

gavtron wrote: »
    For instance I was able to buy 2 x 1kg bags of whey plus a 500g bag of creatine for ~€45 delivered!

Was looking on myprotein.co.uk which items of whey(1 x 2 kg) and creatine add up to 45 euro delivered?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Can I butt in instead of starting a new thread and ask where are people buying the lucozade powder to mix with the water. Got it years ago in boots but they don't seem to have it now

Just thought id let you guyz knw I ordered from MyProtein.co.uk

True Whey(£27.49) x 1
    Impact Whey Protein(£12.45) x 1
    Creatine Monohydrate(£7.95) x 1
    L Glutamine(£9.95) x 1
    MP Blender Bottle(£1.95) x 1
    Plastic Scoop(£0.50) x 1
    Plastic Scoop(£0.30) x 1

Copyed Jimmy Bottlehead order on http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055469370&highlight=myprotein.co.uk

Cheap :D

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭gavkm27

If that was me and i was wanting to get bigger,i would drop arms and tri's for a single day each,focus on compounds,make Chest,Back,Legs,shoulders priority,do arms at the end,dont waste a session just on these small muscle groups,they are getting worked anyway.
    Also i would put deadlift in with back and make that and barbell row the big compund for that day.So that when it's time to do legs,you are really up for some heavy squats and know that you have nothing big afterwards.
    Legs are the hardest and you really need to be up for it,make lifting more in the compounds you main focus,scarifice a 10 or 8 rep,to max out on 6 on heavier weight.

Supplement wise,i would recommend stacking Animal sups with Whey,Animal Stak,Pump,Pak,Nitro www.animalpak.co.uk

I'm in the same boat as you and that is generally whats working for me right now after alot of trial and error,cheers,Gav

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DARCHA22

Get wrote: »
    Id say this has being asked before many times, but after search I could not find any answers to this question.
    Wheres the best site to purchase "Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard" Irish site perferred for fast delivery.

Cheaked google got...
    Discount Supplements @ €44.99 Del @ €5 : http://www.discountsupplements.ie/protein-optimum-nutrition-whey-gold-standard-protein-p-145.html

Fitness Supplements Vitamins @ €44.99 Del @ €7 free over €75: http://www.fitnesssupplementsvitamins.ie/Protein-Optimum-Nutrition-Whey-Protein-Gold-Standard.aspx?ProductSize=5lb

Universal Nutrition @ €47.99 Del @ No idea: http://www.universalnutrition.ie/

No experience with buying these products; first time :), picked "Optimum Nutrition" cause it was recommend by every second person nearly. So i need a little help in picking my supplier as I heard some suppliers of these type of products like this scam :eek:

Any recommendations on which site to buy from vouch for one of these site from pass experience?... mite hav my mind set with buyin "Optimum Nutrition" but would lik product suggestions...

Thanks in advance"!"

go to http://www.myprotein.co.uk/products/true_whey

SAME thing except you pay £27 plus about £4.95 postage

roughly €38.

its a no brainer.

Choc mint, very nice

Raspberry, nice for a change but will get choc mint in next order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Vegeta wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone ordered from myprotein or bulkpowders.co.uk in the last few weeks and what their experiences were like

Been a while since I ordered from either

Hey G,

I ordered Saturday and it arrived in work this morning, a 10KG parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Hey G,

I ordered Saturday and it arrived in work this morning, a 10KG parcel.

Sweeeeet, I ordered Monday so hopefully have it soon myself

ordered from myprotein.co.uk last night has bein despatched and all already should be here Friday according to the tracking at DPD :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Anyone know where to pick up CEE tablets in Dublin? City centre or dundrum/stillorgan preferably.

Sangre wrote: »
    Anyone know where to pick up CEE tablets in Dublin? City centre or dundrum/stillorgan preferably.

Any supplement store should have them, google stores in that area, give them a buzz to make sure they have them in stock before to go on your journeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

ordered from myprotein.co.uk last night has bein despatched and all already should be here Friday according to the tracking at DPD :D

I ordered from myprotein on the 4th and on the website it says Order in process. Thats almost 2 weeks . . . should I start to worry?!

What did you order? Just out of interest, maybe they are out of stock of the impact whey :confused:

choons wrote: »
    I ordered from myprotein on the 4th and on the website it says Order in process. Thats almost 2 weeks . . . should I start to worry?!

What did you order? Just out of interest, maybe they are out of stock of the impact whey :confused:

email them, they will sort it out for you. but do something about it now and dont leave it for any longer, they have great customer service so they will fix it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Shane101

Funny that, I ordered lastnight and it still says order in process.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

DARCHA22 wrote: »
    email them, they will sort it out for you. but do something about it now and dont leave it for any longer, they have great customer service so they will fix it for you.

I emailed them and they said the delay was due to site changes and the likes.

They also apologised and said it will be resent.

Happy days :)

• Advertisement

choons wrote: »
    I emailed them and they said the delay was due to site changes and the likes.

They also apologised and said it will be resent.

Happy days :)

Good stuff! :)

For the price and the quality its worth the wait IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/products/24/7_muscle_stack1

does anyone else think that looks like a great deal!!!

im not buying as ive no interest in taking creatine now!

Recovery XS (Strawberry 1800g): Cutting-edge recovery shake. Designed to help promote muscle growth, recovery rate and re-hydration after workouts.

what do others here take for recovery? aside from food and sleep :P

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/products/24/7_muscle_stack1

does anyone else think that looks like a great deal!!!

im not buying as ive no interest in taking creatine now!

Recovery XS (Strawberry 1800g): Cutting-edge recovery shake. Designed to help promote muscle growth, recovery rate and re-hydration after workouts.

what do others here take for recovery? aside from food and sleep :P

Yeh its a good deal but also good marketing. Good if you were gonna buy them products in the first place now you save about 20%.

Recovery:

1. Hurricane XS(choc smooth), 400ml water
    OR
    2. 2 scoops true whey (raspberry delight/choc mint) 350ml water orsome juice (raspberry whey only), 5 grams of creapure, banana(optional).

Go for a shower then have, fish and veg, meat and veg, or meat and rice, with pint of milk.

Thats just my preferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭cobijones

Can anyone tell the advantage of the myprotein true whey

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/products/true_whey

over the whey isolate?

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/products/impact_whey_isolate

Have been using the isolate, just about to run out of it so going to order again soon.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭gavtron

Was looking on myprotein.co.uk which items of whey(1 x 2 kg) and creatine add up to 45 euro delivered?

2 x 1kg Impact Whey @ £10.45
    1 x 500g Creatine monohydrate @ £7.45

Which is what about £30 plus shipping then i got 5% off for using a MP referral code!
    I remember being quite proud of getting it for less than 1.2kg of maximuscle cyclone...choc mint ftw!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

I got rid of my student credit card ... will myprotein take my laser now that i can't use my cc?

cobijones wrote: »
    Can anyone tell the advantage of the myprotein true whey

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/products/true_whey

over the whey isolate?

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/products/impact_whey_isolate

Have been using the isolate, just about to run out of it so going to order again soon.

Thanks

source: http://ezinearticles.com/?Muscle-Building-Protein---Whey-Isolate-vs-Whey-Concentrate&id=594527

The basic differences between isolate and concentrate can't be narrowed down to the isolate being more pure. That fact doesn't necessarily constitute a better supplement. In fact, most weight and strength-training experts state that both products have an enormous benefit to the diet of a bodybuilder. Isolate is typically a product that lactose intolerant people choose because it has a lower content of lactose and milk fats.
    Whey isolate is processed in a way to remove most of the milk sugars and fats however this is a major downfall. There are many immune boosting properties that are drained from isolate in the filtering process. Whey concentrate is not filtered in this manner and retains all of its immune boosting properties. This is the only real draw back to whey isolate as a supplement.
    Protein is protein whether it is acquired through a supplemental or a traditional diet. Proteins are the building blocks that make up the physical form so the amount that is required for an average person is very high. Even higher is the amount that is required for strenuous and rigorous strength training. Adding protein isolate to any training diet is an essential way to ensure the body has the requirements that it needs to support strength training and muscle growth.
    Whey isolate is much more expensive than whey concentrate and this factor plays a role in the popularity of the supplement. This doesn't necessarily mean that it is a better product and in fact, it isn't a superior product to whey concentrate. With the exception of those with lactose intolerant issues, there is no difference at all in providing the body with necessary protein support

Basically true whey has both, so you are gettin the best possible whey with a high level of amino acids.

To be honest just go with either one, makes no real difference, based on your budget, taste requirements, packaging(tub or pouch) etc.

The isolate will be ok for people with stomach problems, so will the true whey becasue it has digestive enzymes which make it very easy on the stomach(my experience)

Try true whey raspberry ripple, its very nice.

hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭manlad

Hi,

Im starting a weightloss and fitness regime this week. basically I'm 6 ft 1 and 13.6 stone. Im not carrying a whole pile of weight but I want to lose the belly, tone up and put on bt more muscle.

can anybody recommend the type of supplements I should be starting with?

manlad wrote: »
    Hi,

Im starting a weightloss and fitness regime this week. basically I'm 6 ft 1 and 13.6 stone. Im not carrying a whole pile of weight but I want to lose the belly, tone up and put on bt more muscle.

can anybody recommend the type of supplements I should be starting with?

Firstly sort out your diet if you havent already.

Get yourself some whey protein, best place IMO is www.myprotein.co.uk

Try their true whey or Impact Blend. 2 of the most popular products.

Get a good multi vitamin(alpha men mulit vitamin from myprotein), and maybe some fish oil caps

and just work hard at it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Hey guys, what's the price of shipping on discount-supplements.co.uk to Ireland? If I was ordering True Whey, some Multivits and a couple of oils. Thanks.

Advertisement