Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

DARCHA22 wrote: »
    no harm in starting it now, i find creatine more effective in 5-10g amounts. 10g first thing in the morning or 5g before and 5g after workout

Jaysus! I hope that's just your loading phaze. After you've loaded up, it takes a lot less to keep it there.

colly10 wrote: »
    Do you mean that too few calories as opposed to fat will cause your body to store fat or what do you mean?

I think we all know it's a calorie count, but it's how you allocate those cals that makes the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DARCHA22

Jaysus! I hope that's just your loading phaze. After you've loaded up, it takes a lot less to keep it there.

everyone is different, i dont load. theres no right or wrong way when it comes to creatine.

workout days up to 10g, non workout days 5g. thats what works for my body.

That's what they thought in the 70s, but its a lot more complex than that. Body fat and dietary fat are two different things, they aren't interchangeable in the way you've treated them.

back that up, your always wanting people to back stuff up. actaully you always disagree with everything anyone ever says. thread after thread you try to prove people wrong.

comment ignored by the way, what i said is perfectly ok, but im sure you will disagree, as always

Picked up some chocolate flavored casein, the other day and yuck, I can't even stomach it!
    I was thinking maybe one of you fine gents would have a recipe for something cake/cookie - like I could use it in?
    I think I could stomach it if it was solid, but no way can I drink that sh1te.
    Anyway I'd be greatful for any suggestions, that doesn't involve drinking it.
    Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Apip99

I took the pre work supplement 3D Jacked on Thursday for the 1st time. Have to say, its some strong stuff!!! I will stick to the one scoop in future, and 1 and half was a bit too much. Made me feel like I had been taking some other white powder ;)

It definitely did help though, I was a lot more focused, and had the gym not been closing I would have quite happily done more cardio after my session. Taste is grand and it mixes with no problems. I'll stick with the one scoop on training days from now on. Oh and as the reviews say, it does make your skin tingle. I’ll keep you posted on results after a week or so.

Make sure you do mate! It certainly looks interesting. I usually go for a scoop of whey, t-spoon of creatine, a scoop of glucose and a shot of coffee, preworkout. But I'd certainly think about replacing everything with a scoop of that + the whey.
    Although I do feel a bit light-headed sometimes from the caffine, during bent over exercises.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Make sure you do mate! It certainly looks interesting. I usually go for a scoop of whey, t-spoon of creatine, a scoop of glucose and a shot of coffee, preworkout. But I'd certainly think about replacing everything with a scoop of that + the whey.
    Although I do feel a bit light-headed sometimes from the caffine, during bent over exercises.

You're pretty much wasting your time taking whey immediately pre-workout tbh. Especially if you plan on pushing hard. Some BCAA's midworkout would be a better option if you REALLY feel the need for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

back that up, your always wanting people to back stuff up. actaully you always disagree with everything anyone ever says. thread after thread you try to prove people wrong.

comment ignored by the way, what i said is perfectly ok, but im sure you will disagree, as always

no need to be gettin' bad.

I agree, but it's really a time thing, I usually get home late from work, and play with the small fellers before bed then hopefully get off to the gym and 8 or 8:30, so it's the best i can do atm.
    If there's somethng solid to eat I'll forego the shake but it's still under an hour timespan between eating and going to the gym.
    I usually cook up 10 chicken breast on sunday and eat one or two when I get home.
    I do sometimes feel full and weak to start but I usually finish pretty strong. I have another shake after and then eat at 10.
    Not ideal I know and I'm not making excuses for poor planning, but it's like that sometimes.
    The main thing is I'm still making gains bench went up 5kg this month and everything else has gone up a bit.

Actually don't try to analyse this too much, I know exactly what I should be doing but with 2 young kids and a job that's done when it's done, it all seems to go out the window, when they get a bit older I'll get back on track. As I said if the gains stop coming I'll have to do something:)

• Advertisement

Hanley wrote: »
    You're pretty much wasting your time taking whey immediately pre-workout tbh. Especially if you plan on pushing hard. Some BCAA's midworkout would be a better option if you REALLY feel the need for it.

So did a bit of reading on BCAA's and I'll have to do some more reading but what's the story with these over something like whey for preworkout?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Borger

hey i have just ordered from my protein uk but i didnt fill any card details in because there wasnt a box to fill in! does this mean that i pay on delivery or?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Borger wrote: »
    hey i have just ordered from my protein uk but i didnt fill any card details in because there wasnt a box to fill in! does this mean that i pay on delivery or?

Shipping cost is cacl'd automatically and added to the total.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Here, take it easy. Attack the post not the poster etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

15% off MP True Whey now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Apip99

Jack 3D is amazing!
    I used just the one scoop last night and although I hadn’t eaten the best yesterday, still managed my increase in lifts, and to top it off, I found it easier than the increase last week.!
    I also didn’t have collapse feeling after the work out. In fact I could have stayed for more cardio. But don’t like to much cardio on lifting days..

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Amaru KGB

Just had a Supreme Protein Carb Conscious Bar that one of my mates in the gym had.

I can honestly say they are absolutely delicious. They are a bit expensive though, works out at about €3 each. They would be very handy for work so if any one knows any cheaper I'd appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Shane101

I see MyProtein have upped the price of the unflavoured 5kg impact whey by £3.

Shane101 wrote: »

prob sumtin to do with this

http://forum.myprotein.co.uk/myprotein-co-uk-announcements/29407-bulk-supplies-latest-news.html#post419139

wasnt it a 10lb bag previously, i.e. 4.4kg

They had to change from lbs to kgs

And with the new eu regulation its changed to a 5kg bag, therefore 3 quid more expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭groomek

I've just bought some proform mass builder.Anyone ever tried it and Is it any use.
    When and how much should I be taking

• Advertisement

Shane101 wrote: »
    Get the flavoured stuff, use the BBW price matcher and you get 5kg for £35 plus delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

Esse85 wrote: »
    Get the flavoured stuff, use the BBW price matcher and you get 5kg for £35 plus delivery.

hows this done?

dave80 wrote: »
    hows this done?
    http://www.myprotein.co.uk/pricematch.aspx

Put this in, http://www.bodybuildingwarehouse.co.uk/

And there you have it, 5kg of Impact Whey Flavoured £35.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

How does the myprotein stuff compare with Gold Standard Whey protein?

How does the myprotein stuff compare with Gold Standard Whey protein?
    In terms of what?

Price, quality, taste?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Quality I guess. I know it's cheaper and the taste isn't too important.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Quality I guess. I know it's cheaper and the taste isn't too important.
    Quality is a very vague term, many would have had taste included in quality, it could be mixability too. If you get somebody saying I gained X lb of muscle when I changed to this brand of whey then I would doubt it is being due to a brand change -it is far more likely a change in workout style or some other factors.

Whey is just food but some talk about it like its some magical drug, the same people who would claim they saw improvements by changing from brand X to brand Y would probably laugh if somebody said they got better gains after changing from Manor farm to O'Kanes chicken fillets.

I judge quality on the % content of say a 30g scoop of whey. Thats what I refer to when I judge a protein on its "quality".

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭ray jay

100g ON gold standard:
    82.5g protein
    4.5g carbs
    2.9g fat

100g mp impact whey:
    82g protein
    6g carbs
    6g fat

I've tried both of them (strawberry flavour), and I'd say the ON is a little nicer but not so much as to justify the price. Both of them have plenty of protein, mix well with a shaker and taste perfectly fine.

• Advertisement

ray jay wrote: »
    100g ON gold standard:
    82.5g protein
    4.5g carbs
    2.9g fat

100g mp impact whey:
    82g protein
    6g carbs
    6g fat

I've tried both of them (strawberry flavour), and I'd say the ON is a little nicer but not so much as to justify the price. Both of them have plenty of protein, mix well with a shaker and taste perfectly fine.

impact whey is just whey concentrate.

The true whey is a better comparison as it is exactly the same as ON whey, has a whey blend, and digestive enzymes.

100g true whey
    protein 76g
    carbs 7g
    fat 6.6g of which saturates 0.0g

100g ON 100%whey
    protein 75g
    carbs 12.5g
    fat 4.6 of which saturates 1.5g

Price ON whey between €45 to 60 euros depending on whether thats online or shop, for 5lb tub

True whey is £27.95 or €34.

at the end of the day its a supplement,and i go for price every time, ON cant really justify its price over MP stuff

Advertisement