Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evidence of the Afterlife Suppressed?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

I'm up late tonight too.
    I want to buy william crooks book but, it's second hand, and they're asking 40 Euro for it.Have you read any of his work?
    If we can educate ourselves, then we have a shot at the science forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Vagulely related and may be of interest to some. Google talk about taboo science. Parapsycology etc...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw_O9Qiwqew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Well I'd like to share this point to many people who are still not sure or doubting life after this one. Every belief or relgious system ever brought to this planet believes in reincarnation. Including christianity. But its not mentioned blatantly but it is a fact. indocinated christians ones who take the modern bible so literally are brainwashed to think reincarnation doesnt exist and the Vatican never seems to mention it. But if you don't obviously beleive it, why does many ancient figures have come here over and over. Why does jesus return also? Is that second coming not reincarnation.

The other point I'd love to share on this afterlife question. I've asked many people about having strange experiences or having lucid dreams where they enetered other dimensions or other states of being. All the people who were brave enough to admit it to me and still were able to say "you know this was a very personal experience where an aparitiion appeared to me and nothing in my life ever felt like it to the point it changed my whole life and I just knew it wasnt a dream.

This was a woman who is in her 60s and has deep faith in life and has a lot of experiences in her life time, she was very reluctant to tell me, because she never tells people these experiences because we don't talk about these things in real life, because we fear people laughing at us etc.

I didnt laugh at her, because I reassured her that I had this experience also and its very normal and its very real as you are.

We were both content and collective in what we just said.

Its as normal as every phyiscal experience in life. You will not believe it until it happens to you.

The reason why most of us don't experience this, is because everything we do in life pulls away from the spirtual side to life because we want everything to be physical or substance. The obvious fact to existence is, not everything is physical or substance. Its one of the hardest lession one has to go through to really be awakened to the truths of life. That we are more than our bodies and there is more to us, if we just allowed ourselves. We expect spiritual transformation and the mysterious of life to appear to us in an instant without much thought or work to get to the level you wish to aspire and experience too, like many before you have. We rely on this phyiscal substance of proof, because we don't want to put the effort in ourselves to our own path of truth.

Allowing goes beyond belief. When i was young as a child I believed in creation and the creator and that everything has and had a purpose. As I grew older I lost it.

Now I have to face up to all that I was and am to realise how precious life is and how important it is to remember who we truly are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Just want to point out theres a difference between Reincarnation and Resurrection.

No body in the bible has ever been reincarnated.

Just want to point out theres a difference between Reincarnation and Resurrection.

No body in the bible has ever been reincarnated.

lol.

So Jesus coming back mean he didn't come back? Jesus went to the Himalayas in his early teens to pratice the teachigns of the monks there. There were of buddist in belief. Buddisism ties a lot of reincarnation into this. This is a very good point to make on this thread. It further shows proof that the romans and vatican didnt want the masses to know our true existence on the afterlife and reincarnation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Jesus came back has him self which would be Resurrection.

Jesus came back has him self which would be Resurrection.

Still doesnt change the fact that the Vatican has suppressed much of the real teachings of reincarnation and the afterlife. most of Jesus earliar teaching and his documented life is not even in the bible. Over the 2000 years course of history slowly but surely everthing in the bible was either distorted or taken out of context.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭DeBunny

mysterious wrote: »
    Still doesnt change the fact that the Vatican has suppressed much of the real teachings of reincarnation and the afterlife. most of Jesus earliar teaching and his documented life is not even in the bible. Over the 2000 years course of history slowly but surely everthing in the bible was either distorted or taken out of context.

This is true. In the king James Bible the words in italics are not for definition but to show where a word was changed from the original texts.

One of Jesus' lesser known quotes is ''Even the least among you can do all that I have done and more'' That would certainly knock him off his religiously prescribed pedestal, if it was widely preached.

As far as I know though, oul' JC never really said much about reincarnation.

This guy might have some answers obout OBEs. Saw it over in the expand your mind forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭IrelandSpirit

I didnt laugh at her, because I reassured her that I had this experience also and its very normal and its very real as you are.

We were both content and collective in what we just said.

Its as normal as every phyiscal experience in life. You will not believe it until it happens to you.

Now I have to face up to all that I was and am to realise how precious life is and how important it is to remember who we truly are.

Thanks for sharing that. You're spot on I reckon, after having an OBE you can't quite look at life the same way again - it feels qualitatively little different to our waking reality, in fact it's almost more real, 'super-real' and yes it is physical, our normal bodily senses are intact - touch, smell, taste and so on - still function, and appear to operate at heightened levels.

The spheres of existence that afterlife speakers describe sound very similar to an OBE; they find themselves in a world with all their senses and memories intact, and yet heightened, their physicality is shaped by thought ...

... the holodeck from Star Treck keeps popping into my head ... as an analogy, except that you're in control of what you experience rather than a computer program - nothing is pre-programmed. I think if we've (collectively) forgotten anything on this side of life, it's the meaning of 'freewill', to be responsible for our thoughts and actions.

Hungover to hell and back here, I hope that makes sense, hahaha, well anyway, I don't personally like to use the word paranormal to describe these abilities - OBEs and so on. I think they're very much innately a part of everyone's inheritance and perfectly normal, only that we've by and large neglected them, much like neglecting a muscle in the body, it will atrophy in time without use...

Edit: have you met anybody from the otherside in any of your OBEs yet?

studiorat wrote: »
    Vagulely related and may be of interest to some. Google talk about taboo science. Parapsycology etc...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw_O9Qiwqew

Will have a look at that, cheers, looks interesting. I get the impression that one of the main reasons for the 'scientific taboo' is simply due to the possible military applications, which by its very nature would be 'classified' and suffer the usual dissinfo/contelpro as any other research they're involved with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Well i am still on the fence with this one to be honest.
    I used to be VERY religious due to my upbringing and fairly spiritual too! :)
    But since then i have learned alot and been woken abuptly.Now its going to take some really good convincing for me to believe in the soul or life after i pass.
    I have tried to get an OBE going with meditation before i sleep but i gave up after many attempts which lead me to stay awake for ages.
    Does smoking the wacky tobaccy stop this from working maybe?

Ive thought about using a ouija board but to be honest i think its been shown that its through unconcious arm movements that it works.so even if it did make sense and move i would possibly wonder was it me talking to myself!

There was russian experiments i remember hearing about where they weighed the soul after death and tried to photograph it in many ways.I dont remmeber though seeing anything that i didnt consider possible to doctor like images etc.

On the astral travel obe thing..if i did experience this how would i know if it was real of my imagination.

If anyone has ever heard of a legal or used to be legal drug called salvia i have watched people use this and they say they have experienced people in the television touching and poking there shoulder and they felt it almost enough to cause mild pain.So with that example i see that the mind can play tricks on the body to a point where you feel physically the things you imagine.
    This is another stumbling block for me as it will be on my mind if i ever do have an obe or manage to astral travel.
    If anyone has suggestions for getting around these obstacles im all ears :)

Torakx wrote: »
    Well i am still on the fence with this one to be honest.
    I used to be VERY religious due to my upbringing and fairly spiritual too! :)
    But since then i have learned alot and been woken abuptly.Now its going to take some really good convincing for me to believe in the soul or life after i pass.
    I have tried to get an OBE going with meditation before i sleep but i gave up after many attempts which lead me to stay awake for ages.
    Does smoking the wacky tobaccy stop this from working maybe?

Ive thought about using a ouija board but to be honest i think its been shown that its through unconcious arm movements that it works.so even if it did make sense and move i would possibly wonder was it me talking to myself!

There was russian experiments i remember hearing about where they weighed the soul after death and tried to photograph it in many ways.I dont remmeber though seeing anything that i didnt consider possible to doctor like images etc.

On the astral travel obe thing..if i did experience this how would i know if it was real of my imagination.

If anyone has ever heard of a legal or used to be legal drug called salvia i have watched people use this and they say they have experienced people in the television touching and poking there shoulder and they felt it almost enough to cause mild pain.So with that example i see that the mind can play tricks on the body to a point where you feel physically the things you imagine.
    This is another stumbling block for me as it will be on my mind if i ever do have an obe or manage to astral travel.
    If anyone has suggestions for getting around these obstacles im all ears :)

Torak, I'd strongly recommend staying away from oija boards, whatever is going on there is generally not nice for a lot of people (whether it's all 'in the head' or not) and treat salvia with extreme caution too. I don't think salvia is physically harmful, not saying you'd necessarily have any negative experiences either but I do know people who have. I'd research a little more on that, maybe do a search for Terrance Mckanna in connection with salvia and DMT. Has a lot to say on it.

Dr Craig Hogan has written a book about a technique involving rapid eye movement to induce afterlife communication, it's on his website in the OP, which I'm gonna have to get at some point, looks interesting. It's being used to treat bereavement, etc, and veterans suffering from PTSD in particular appear to benefit from it a lot. No drugs, no 'props' of any kind.

OBEs are very temperamental! I sympathise with your frustration there. At the beginning anyway, they often don't come at our beck and call and it can take a long time before you experience one. But believe me you WILL know when it happens! Persistance.

I used to get them all the time when I was a child, then sporadically, and then trained myself to induce them more or less at will. But you do kinda lose that level proficiency if you stop practising, or at least I do...

I don't have any specific technique to offer, I just used to give myself the command every night until it happens. Yes it sometimes can and does take weeks on end so you've got to be a particular kind of maniac to keep at it! But I believe there's a part of everybody's conciousness which already knows where to go.

I'd say just keep at it, sooner or later you'll get there ... also thinking about it during the day helps too.

And whatever 'level' an OBE operates on, it is from many people's experiences at very close proximity to the afterlife - very close. I could go on all night about that but personal anecdotes ... well, just about anybody who's had OBEs regularly will tell you what I mean there - it's absolutely mind blowing anyway, well worth the effort. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭RachPie

To be perfectly honest with you, I'm too busy concentrating on this life to worry about any others.

It happens to all of us, all you can do is accept it. What will be will be!

Thanks for sharing that. You're spot on I reckon, after having an OBE you can't quite look at life the same way again - it feels qualitatively little different to our waking reality, in fact it's almost more real, 'super-real' and yes it is physical, our normal bodily senses are intact - touch, smell, taste and so on - still function, and appear to operate at heightened levels.

Yep its as real as anything else in this reality. The physical reality is just a dense state of being, its not the be all end all of everything as everything.
    The spheres of existence that afterlife speakers describe sound very similar to an OBE; they find themselves in a world with all their senses and memories intact, and yet heightened, their physicality is shaped by thought ...

I call it your "third eye" its another way of seeing through reality without relying solely on your 5 physical senses. Your free to roam without the limitations of a body.
    ... the holodeck from Star Treck keeps popping into my head ... as an analogy, except that you're in control of what you experience rather than a computer program - nothing is pre-programmed. I think if we've (collectively) forgotten anything on this side of life, it's the meaning of 'freewill', to be responsible for our thoughts and actions.

I agree to a point, everything in this reality is pre programmed, harsh truth and reality... Everything outside phyiscal embodiment lies no rules or boundaries whatsoever. Your higher soul knows exactly what you will experience here on this world, your here to figure out why you made your choices and why you came back in this form. Its why when you die, your life goes into review and all your memories come back in a flash. Time lose its transparancy because your not bounded by time or distance any longer.

Hungover to hell and back here, I hope that makes sense, hahaha, well anyway, I don't personally like to use the word paranormal to describe these abilities - OBEs and so on. I think they're very much innately a part of everyone's inheritance and perfectly normal, only that we've by and large neglected them, much like neglecting a muscle in the body, it will atrophy in time without use...

I wouldn't worry, "normal" is more delusional. Paranormal is admitting that we are not in a normal reality. Its just an experience. Normal is just a way of trying to normalise something your experiencing when techically every experience is no greater or less than another. Same applies for my experiences in life or no greater or worse than yours.

"Normal-ism", is nonsense.
    Edit: have you met anybody from the otherside in any of your OBEs yet?

I have, yes. Moved into higher states of being and other dimensions. Nothing hocus pocus about them, other than just not been in your body and linear perception does not exist. Time and distance doesn't exist either. So when you move to the other dimension, it does not effect time or state here. Its why sometimes you have dreams and it seems like it went on all night, but it actually lasted only 2/3 seconds:)

I'm not mastered at astral yet. We all have to ability to do it at wlll. But with society, programming and the abuse we do to ourselves and our wellbeing, our mind can't really project outside this thought pattern.

We tend to forget that it is thoughts that create our reality not action. Because thought creates action. So its thoughts that shape everything we see around us into a hologram by all of us interacting on this world.

I will give on example of people I met on the other side briefly. My late grandmother, a few in my soul group, a few soulmates here, various E.T groups and the Archangels.

Infact most E.T visitation is done by thought projection and telepathy.

P.S I ****inng hate being in a body. Since I've tapped into the nature of reality and now finding out who I am, the truth isn't all people assume it to be. Its why subconsciously you have many people here denying the truth, when they really just don't want to face the aspect of themselves that most of us here are facing. Our true self. Our trueself is divine and whole, light and dark as one. We are the greatest god and most evil devil within. This is just a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 gabriellogue

The Reality of the Afterlife

"The afterlife is as real as this life. Volumes of research data, verified accounts of experiences, and recordings of people from the afterlife are available today. The mass of evidence testifies to the undoubtable fact that the afterlife is a reality.

However, in spite of the vast array of evidence, Western culture still lives in ignorance about what happens after a person dies. The truth was obscured first by the church that dominated Western culture until the seventeenth century, then by materialism that took hold of Western thought from the seventeenth century until today.

Both the church and materialism suppressed evidence about the afterlife because it ran counter to their doctrines. They derided or persecuted anyone who spoke of the life after this life. They continue to do so today..."

http://adcguides.com/

Nice notice..
    To keep the population in ignorance is the aim.
    The excuse that is used...."the population are too ignorant to receive the information".
    A brilliant strategy, from the thier point of view.....and yes, there is a they!

Was going back over this thread and found this tonight while searching bits and pieces google.

It's pretty extensive and very well laid out.

http://sites.google.com/site/chs4o8pt/summary_of_evidence

Good one Digme, thanks! looking through it now - it's a huge site!

Ya, it's pretty big all right.I'm still going through it,did you find anything concrete on it yourself yet?

digme wrote: »
    Ya, it's pretty big all right.I'm still going through it,did you find anything concrete on it yourself yet?

ah, Digme, like yerself, I have already everything I need concrete for meself, just wish science/mainstream would catch up!

Good site though, still going through it - exercises they have for OBEs, will/we post when coherent and coped on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

I still cant say i believe in all this.
    I have looked into why ouija boards work and it was said that works due to some sub-concious motor function.
    OBE's i have watched a good few documentaries on them even one where a set of magnets are placed either side of your head and whatever they do it causes you to have OBE's
    This tells me its possible the magnets cause fluid or something..maybe blood? to rush through the pineal gland causing an OBE.Which is still possibly to me an illusion of the mind/brain.
    DMT could be explained as a strong type of mushroom because of the triptomine.
    Astral travel i think could bem uch like OBE's just a more fun dream.
    How can i prove to myself any of these are not just internal feelings or functions?
    How do you know your OBE isnt a dream?Ive heard stories in hospitals about them seeing such and such and then woke up and described prioceedings in the next room but i need personal experience or proof to believe a story this big.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

Clinically Dead Boy 'Saw Granny In Heaven'
    A three-year-old boy brought back from the dead after his heart stopped beating for three hours has told how he saw his great-grandmother in Heaven.
    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100408/twl-clinically-dead-boy-saw-granny-in-he-3fd0ae9.html

Just thought I'd throw this in here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

You basically left the physical body. We will all be able to do this at will when we break free from this belief system and illusionists society control.

Everything we do
    Everyting we believe
    Everything we Eat
    Everything we drink

Keep us disconnected from our spiritual self.

The chemicals we injest, from the washing powder in our clothes, the flouride in our water, food, toothpaste, the slave society we live in, the illusion of hope, following others and not yourself, Eating junk food, drinking alchhol, to the sex and entertainment industry.

Now you could say this is all just an experience. But in that we are very disconnected to our spiritual self or are higher self. Believe it or not most children are very connected to this, but you will more than likely not remember now.

I have left the body a few times. It was unreal, and right now I have to deal with the fear of leaving my body I've lived in this for 24 years and got so used to it and its completely nerve racking leaving it because of the fear of death i have.

I'd say go for it! :)

bikeblues wrote: »
    neither has this life been proven to be real - lets be sure about that .

this is not just my opinion, it is there for all to see in sceintific research - its a biological fact that life in THIS life is no more possible than life in an after life - unless of course some kind of intelligence ( SKOI) is behind this present life.
    and I am also not religious .

physical life is just not possible , the science says so, yet life exists .
    and if SKOI is behind this life , then it must exist in some other life existence outside of ours.

whether you call it it god, aliens , whatever- something had to be involved
    random events did not give rise to life - it is here by design - the question is what designed it , and where does this designer exist

so another life existence must be available in some way outside of this life.

I do not see how it could be covered up as its a simple logical step of thought once you study the statistics of biology that indicate that physical life even to bacterial stage is completely and uttely impossible to create without intelligent input.

never mind that 'primeval soup' rubbish , that idea is dead in the water along time ago .
    way to many contradictions to even entertain the idea that life can somehow assemble it self from this scenario.No serious biologist considers this a possible path anymore

Most biologists now consider that life arrived here from somewhere else , either by comet , dust cloud, ( and of course the 3rd option exists - deliberate seeding- but no scientist is going to entertain that scenario )
    and the elephant in the room is still- life still had to arise somehow somewhere else - and yet again it is still impossible - only SKOI would know the real truth.

and I seriously doubt the RC church has a direct line to SKOI any more then the rest of us.

Religion is just a construct to control your behaviour in any case - it has no place in intelligent society

so - no cover up going on .
    bikeblues wrote: »
    I just want to make it clear that the current stance is that life formed over billions of years starting from simple self replicating RNA molecules in a PCR type reaction.

time is irrelevant - even if a pre RNA soup existed then the more time there is the less likely the end product could be RNA - any chemical soup such as this will not revert to higher order molecules over time
    higher order molecules will degrade over time .
    UV light , oxygen , etc will destroy them .

there fore - its is either not possible - or someone creamed off the higher order pre RNA or actual RNA - and put it somewhere safe ;)

how do you factor in molecular chirality - left handed and right handed structure - in vivo ?

and
    reaction reverseabilty ?

protein / amino reactions have an end product of water and are reversible - but these reactions would have had to have occured in water as a solvent - no reversible reaction will proced to an end point creating more of an end product already in abundance.( ie water )

If only there existed some natural, incremental, non-random process that directed this "creaming off", you speak of...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭saintsaint

hi listen talk is really chep .. if you will shair some thing please do so .. ? prove it ???

Glad someone dug this thread up again as i was after forgetting about it on here.After reading various bits and bobs around the net I've come to take a keen interest in quantum mechanics and conciousness.I think if you get into the science part of is there an afterlife you begin to piece things together for yourself so you can make up your own mind,or shall I say reality.
    Quantum mechanics has changed my outlook on a lot of things.It may seem crazy at first or even remain so,but most of what is suggested is provable with various equations and experiments.

I think the afterlife right now is just our conciousness having no physical body to hold it back.
    But i could change my mind again after i read more about various theories.

Richard Feynman (one of its greatest teachers) famously said, "If you think you understand quantum mechanics, you don't understand quantum mechanics"

:)

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=49AEEB463EF2A566

Here's a fantastic chat on coast to coast am which was just posted on this guys youtube channel.It's really interesting and might be a good addition to this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

"The afterlife is as real as this life. Volumes of research data, verified accounts of experiences, and recordings of people from the afterlife are available today. The mass of evidence testifies to the undoubtable fact that the afterlife is a reality.

However, in spite of the vast array of evidence, Western culture still lives in ignorance about what happens after a person dies. The truth was obscured first by the church that dominated Western culture until the seventeenth century, then by materialism that took hold of Western thought from the seventeenth century until today.

Both the church and materialism suppressed evidence about the afterlife because it ran counter to their doctrines. They derided or persecuted anyone who spoke of the life after this life. They continue to do so today..."

http://adcguides.com/

Why don't you look into the more scientific evidence that suggests that chemical alterations in the brain before death can cause the mental experiences that people who had NDE's had.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Ken_Is_Here

Why don't you look into the more scientific evidence that suggests that chemical alterations in the brain before death can cause the mental experiences that people who had NDE's had.

But what if God made your brain and the chemical release is also by design to release the soul perhaps?

• Advertisement

But what if God made your brain and the chemical release is also by design to release the soul perhaps?

But what if your brain and the chemical release made you think that God made your brain and the chemical release is also by design to release the soul perhaps?

Advertisement