Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evidence of the Afterlife Suppressed?

Options
  • 09-01-2010 2:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

The Reality of the Afterlife

"The afterlife is as real as this life. Volumes of research data, verified accounts of experiences, and recordings of people from the afterlife are available today. The mass of evidence testifies to the undoubtable fact that the afterlife is a reality.

However, in spite of the vast array of evidence, Western culture still lives in ignorance about what happens after a person dies. The truth was obscured first by the church that dominated Western culture until the seventeenth century, then by materialism that took hold of Western thought from the seventeenth century until today.

Both the church and materialism suppressed evidence about the afterlife because it ran counter to their doctrines. They derided or persecuted anyone who spoke of the life after this life. They continue to do so today..."

http://adcguides.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

wouldnt really be an afterlife though would it? more a kind of continuation of this life?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭IrelandSpirit

kryogen wrote: »
    wouldnt really be an afterlife though would it? more a kind of continuation of this life?

That's what the afterlife speakers report, there's very little qualitative difference at first - most don't even realise they've crossed over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

The Church is an no position to supress anything nowadays.

As for materialism?

If there was a way to leave yourself money in the next life, doncha think dedicated materialists would have been amongst the first to take advantage of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

oh god you opened a can of worms research wise for me now thanks very much lol!
    i have alot of trouble believing in any spirit mediums as i have not had any personal experience with spirits of any kind. just some weird spooky stuff i cant explain years ago with a born again christian bible causing 2 different people the same nightmares.
    and trouble burning it also lol.

im guessing on that site they explain how it definetly isnt demons impersonating loved ones. because that is always one of my first questions.

Torakx wrote: »
    oh god you opened a can of worms research wise for me now thanks very much lol!
    i have alot of trouble believing in any spirit mediums as i have not had any personal experience with spirits of any kind. just some weird spooky stuff i cant explain years ago with a born again christian bible causing 2 different people the same nightmares.
    and trouble burning it also lol.

im guessing on that site they explain how it definetly isnt demons impersonating loved ones. because that is always one of my first questions.

LOL! It is a huge can of wriggles! but this is a topic that touches all our lives, excuse the pun. We will die. According the materialistic perspective, everything we hold dear, all our experiences - our loves and fears will one day simply vanish and rot in the ground with our bodies - forget chemtrails, airport scanners and the international banking elites for a moment - none of that will matter because we will not be here; we will not be anywhere because we will no longer exist...

Or will we?

What if we knew our continued existence is guaranteed? Not as a question of religious faith, but as a certainty, because we had evidence of it. How would we behave, towards others, ourselves, the world around us?

I've been looking into this for a number of years now, I'm convinced the evidence has been withheld in the mainstream, and used to profit those in whose interest it lies that we never understand where we go, and consequently where we are and what we are.

No, no demons impersonating loved ones. ;)

• Advertisement

The Church is an no position to supress anything nowadays.

As for materialism?

If there was a way to leave yourself money in the next life, doncha think dedicated materialists would have been amongst the first to take advantage of this?

The church imo was the main culprit - they know perfectly well there is no eternal Hellfires when we cross over, and have used that for social control for centuries.

The afterlife speakers do talk about a self-examination of our temporal deeds, which can be a type of 'hell', depending, but it's not a punishment - ultimately you are responsible for yourself.

Money, nah, can't take it with ya and even if you could they'd be nothing to spend it on anyway on the Otherside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

well i'll share this with you and before i do i will tell you that i am, and never was a religious person and I am still not.
    I died for a short while a fare few years ago and this neardeath experience or whatever you call it happened me. I didn't see people and i didn't see a white light but i sure as hell seen the city. the way it happened is this...i was floating out of my body facing the ceiling and when i got to the ceiling it all went black for a few seconds. then i was facing looking down and i could see the roof of the building and i got higher slowly moving up and i could see the city well most of it. so i was thinking to myself what the hell am i doing up here it was more real than this waking life . i can't explain it but it was more real than daily waking thats all i can say. i looked around for a bit but felt enclosed as i could not move my body as i would normally. but the reality of what i seen was amazing. i could see everything like cars moving the odd person walking but i was way above the roof (of the hospital) and after a few minutes of this crystal clear view i lost my balance well thats what it felt like and i woke up with a jolt like someone hit me very hard on my chest and that was it, i woke up looked around and fell back into a sleep. all i can say to that situation is...it was real i don't care what anyone say's but in my thinking it was real. i never seen anything so clearly in my life and this happened a long time ago and it's crystal clear in my head still. i tought i'd share that with you but like i said this experience was too real to be anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

zenno wrote: »
    well i'll share this with you and before i do i will tell you that i am, and never was a religious person and I am still not.
    I died for a short while a fare few years ago and this neardeath experience or whatever you call it happened me. I didn't see people and i didn't see a white light but i sure as hell seen the city. the way it happened is this...i was floating out of my body facing the ceiling and when i got to the ceiling it all went black for a few seconds. then i was facing looking down and i could see the roof of the building and i got higher slowly moving up and i could see the city well most of it. so i was thinking to myself what the hell am i doing up here it was more real than this waking life . i can't explain it but it was more real than daily waking thats all i can say. i looked around for a bit but felt enclosed as i could not move my body as i would normally. but the reality of what i seen was amazing. i could see everything like cars moving the odd person walking but i was way above the roof (of the hospital) and after a few minutes of this crystal clear view i lost my balance well thats what it felt like and i woke up with a jolt like someone hit me very hard on my chest and that was it, i woke up looked around and fell back into a sleep. all i can say to that situation is...it was real i don't care what anyone say's but in my thinking it was real. i never seen anything so clearly in my life and this happened a long time ago and it's crystal clear in my head still. i tought i'd share that with you but like i said this experience was too real to be anything else.

You basically left the physical body. We will all be able to do this at will when we break free from this belief system and illusionists society control.

Everything we do
    Everyting we believe
    Everything we Eat
    Everything we drink

Keep us disconnected from our spiritual self.

The chemicals we injest, from the washing powder in our clothes, the flouride in our water, food, toothpaste, the slave society we live in, the illusion of hope, following others and not yourself, Eating junk food, drinking alchhol, to the sex and entertainment industry.

Now you could say this is all just an experience. But in that we are very disconnected to our spiritual self or are higher self. Believe it or not most children are very connected to this, but you will more than likely not remember now.

I have left the body a few times. It was unreal, and right now I have to deal with the fear of leaving my body I've lived in this for 24 years and got so used to it and its completely nerve racking leaving it because of the fear of death i have.

Thanks for that. It is so real, isn't it? More real than 'real' itself. Had OBEs myself. The very fabric of existence is in question when you come 'back', here. Certainly puts things in perspective anyway!

This is the type of direct experience, or abilities, which has been on the one hand explored and developed by institutions like the church and on the other hand demonised, as evil. From the materialistic perspective too, it has been suppressed, when mainstream science took over the church's mantle as custodians of our 'reality'.

OBEs also have military application.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

you didnt see anyone else like you? and you couldnt move? seems kinda like hell in my mind!!

trapped like that forever would be a horrible thing imo

• Advertisement

There was an article posted over in Expand Your Horizons a few months back that pretty much deals with the phenomenon of out of body experiences in a scientific and non-paranormal manner.

Link.

P.S. Guys, try to make the conspiracy more prominent in the discussion. This isn't the Paranormal Forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Had this conversation with someone once and he was we were talking about if anyone actually know's for a fact that there is a after life and he said well if they did know why wouldnt they tell us.

Well if we all knew there was an after life who the hell wouldnt top themselves on the spot so you dont have to slave away your life on the cash wheel.

I seen some show before age's cant remember to much about except there was this scientist guy who was making a machine to try communicate with the other side and the freaky thing was lol he said that he has been in contact with dead people who he worked with before they died and they said they are making something on the other side to try communicate with and thats how they were able to ring his phone :eek:

bs tho get them to ring on the camera then.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

If I may ask a question. You claim that the knowledge of the afterlife is being withheld by the church. However, I must ask, what evidence could they possibly have on this? It clearly is a supernatural process and as such could not fall within the realms of science.

I respect everyone's personal experience and would not say that you did not see and experience what you say. However, personal experience is subjective and cannot be used as a source of evidence. While an outer body experience may have been experienced, it is possible that what was experienced was simply a side effect to the lack of oxygen to the brain.

So, I'm not asking you to provide evidence for the afterlife, but you said certain knowledge is being withheld, I'd like to know what the knowledge could be and how it could have been determined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Well the afterlife is liike another dimension that is non physical, the 4th, 6th and 7th I beliieve where the spiritual realms exist.

I've had a few OBEs I might share them here if anyone is interested in it.

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Well if we all knew there was an after life who the hell wouldnt top themselves on the spot so you dont have to slave away your life on the cash wheel.

I don't agree. I personally don't believe in an afterlife. But if I was shown some inconceivable proof that it does exist, I would not commit suicide! I don't think very many people would either. The idea that the knowledge of the afterlife is being withheld from us because if we found out it existed we'd all kill ourselves is quite silly frankly.

mysterious wrote: »
    Well the afterlife is liike another dimension that is non physical, the 4th, 6th and 7th I beliieve where the spiritual realms exist.

OK that's fine. If there are other dimensions, then we clearly cannot understand them or test them.

But I must ask, why is the fifth dimension not where the spiritual realms exist? Sorry to keep asking you questions, but I don't think that I would be capable of answering this. Are you willing to share your knowledge on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

mysterious wrote: »

I would like to hear them, if the mods are ok with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

RoboClam wrote: »
    I don't agree. I personally don't believe in an afterlife. But if I was shown some inconceivable proof that it does exist, I would not commit suicide! I don't think very many people would either. The idea that the knowledge of the afterlife is being withheld from us because if we found out it existed we'd all kill ourselves is quite silly frankly.

Im sure some people probally would not everyone tho but i meant it more of a jokey way, If it was to be confirmed some how the world would change to much people would put less emphasis on work etc i think anyway. Supose tho it would probaly do the opposite of make people want to top themselfs lol probaly make us try a lot more new things hmmm

Im sure some people probally would not everyone tho but i meant it more of a jokey way, If it was to be confirmed some how the world would change to much people would put less emphasis on work etc i think anyway. Supose tho it would probaly do the opposite of make people want to top themselfs lol probaly make us try a lot more new things hmmm

Heh sorry, I thought you were being sincere. I've been awake too long, guess I'm a little on edge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Heh sorry, I thought you were being sincere. I've been awake too long, guess I'm a little on edge!
    ive gotten feck all sleep too, I feel like a lunatic lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

I seen some show before age's cant remember to much about except there was this scientist guy who was making a machine to try communicate with the other side and the freaky thing was lol he said that he has been in contact with dead people who he worked with before they died and they said they are making something on the other side to try communicate with and thats how they were able to ring his phone :eek:

bs tho get them to ring on the camera then.

Franks Box from Coast to Coast. Widely discredited and disbelieved of late. They did have an excellent show on EVP recently, hosted by Art Bell (the original and best c2c presenter). Here's a link and some info on how to build one. Mahatma Coat will probably undertake this project! :)

http://www.project-reveal.com/#/how-to-make-a-franks-box/4532786346

A while back on coast to coast, they also had a British Doc from an emergency room who decided to carry out some experiments in the theatre, having often heard stories recounted from patients of floating outside of their bodies or looking down at themselves being resuscitated. The experiments involved placing objects and symbols around the ER which could only be viewed from above the patients position. The results convinced the doc that the phenomenon was real. Worth a look back to anyone who is interested.

If I may ask a question. You claim that the knowledge of the afterlife is being withheld by the church. However, I must ask, what evidence could they possibly have on this? It clearly is a supernatural process and as such could not fall within the realms of science.

I respect everyone's personal experience and would not say that you did not see and experience what you say. However, personal experience is subjective and cannot be used as a source of evidence. While an outer body experience may have been experienced, it is possible that what was experienced was simply a side effect to the lack of oxygen to the brain.

So, I'm not asking you to provide evidence for the afterlife, but you said certain knowledge is being withheld, I'd like to know what the knowledge could be and how it could have been determined.

The website I chose for the OP centres around the medium Leslie Flint, who was challenged by the scientific community to conduct his seances under the strictest laboratory conditions, and passed. He was not a fraud, in other words.

I'm not claiming that the knowledge of the afterlife is being withheld by the church, but rather that the church has distorted the nature of the afterlife to serve its own ends. i.e follow our rules or be dammed to eternal hellfire. When you listen to the recordings of these seances, you realise that nothing could be further from the truth.
    You will also realise that these seances fall under the scientific guidelines of 'repeatable experiment', and are worthy of sober investigation; the information they provide is consistent, and over many years, and in many different parts of the world.

So in regards saying that this topic does not fall within the realm of scientific inquiry because it's a 'supernatural process' , I would strongly disagree.
    In any case, the same can be said of atoms and blackholes. Did the cosmological constant come about by chance? Or is there some supernatural 'intelligent design' to the universe, to our existence.
    We might be able to engage the process at certain levels, but we do not fully understand it purely in materialistic terms. Matter itself breaks down into the purest form of.. 'energy', whatever that is.

I don't think 'supernatural' is the the right word here, unless we want to include the very existence of the universe under the category of supernatural. Life is a natural process, death is a natural process. One is defined by the other, the two are inseparable. And as such, it is a false dichotomy. Both life and death are one, existence, in other words.

The knowledge that is being withheld, both by our religious and scientific institutions, is simply that our eternal existence is guaranteed. The reason for this suppression is equally simple: fear. Social engineering and control through fear of death - whether it's 'eternal damnation' for religious believers, or 'eternal non-existence' for scientific believers. Both disciplines require 'belief', an article of faith, because if you think about it, there is as much evidence for non-existence as there is for hellfire and brimstone. None.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Afterlife? Seriously? Christianity is that way ->. All that makes this a CT is the "suppressed" angle. I mean, come on!

What if I posted an article entitled "God exists. Evidence suppressed by NWO atheists."? Would that qualify as a valid CT in here? I sometimes think that the most vociferous proponents of CTs here are just sceptics taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

My dad had a heart attack in the summer. He was dead and gone, but the doctors managed to pull him back. He saw no lights, no out of body experience. nothing. He had the unbelievible pain of the heart attack and thats it.

(not directed at Zenno) How is the church supposedly suppressing the dead people for contacting loved ones? Surely we've moved on from believing the rubbish that they are the sole port of call between us and whats supposedly after?

The mind can indeed to strange and wonderful things to people without them having to be disconnected from anything. It's just as easy to believe it was a dream or hallucination brought on by lack of oxygen and the effects of what the medical peopel are tryign to do to bring people back. That's certainly my feeling on ot anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

if this stuff is real and the experiments showed he wasnt a fraud i would still come back to the point i made earlier that you cant prove the spirits are not satans demons misleading you down the wrong path.
    im not saying i believe in satan but should he exist and the seance be real then i think i have a point that cannot be proved either way.leaving me either believing spirits are not real and its still a very clever hoax or else it could be real but it is there to mislead.

ps to those having issues finding the conspiracy i thought it was quite clear from the very first post.and on top of that the whole theory it has been proved to be real i would like to see our regular nay sayers do there bit and debunk the guy that everyone is saying is a spirit medium(leslie flint).

Torakx wrote: »
    and on top of that the whole theory it has been proved to be real i would like to see our regular nay sayers do there bit and debunk the guy that everyone is saying is a spirit medium(leslie flint).

It hasn't been proved to be real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭bikeblues

neither has this life been proven to be real - lets be sure about that .

this is not just my opinion, it is there for all to see in sceintific research - its a biological fact that life in THIS life is no more possible than life in an after life - unless of course some kind of intelligence ( SKOI) is behind this present life.
    and I am also not religious .

physical life is just not possible , the science says so, yet life exists .
    and if SKOI is behind this life , then it must exist in some other life existence outside of ours.

whether you call it it god, aliens , whatever- something had to be involved
    random events did not give rise to life - it is here by design - the question is what designed it , and where does this designer exist

so another life existence must be available in some way outside of this life.

I do not see how it could be covered up as its a simple logical step of thought once you study the statistics of biology that indicate that physical life even to bacterial stage is completely and uttely impossible to create without intelligent input.

never mind that 'primeval soup' rubbish , that idea is dead in the water along time ago .
    way to many contradictions to even entertain the idea that life can somehow assemble it self from this scenario.No serious biologist considers this a possible path anymore

Most biologists now consider that life arrived here from somewhere else , either by comet , dust cloud, ( and of course the 3rd option exists - deliberate seeding- but no scientist is going to entertain that scenario )
    and the elephant in the room is still- life still had to arise somehow somewhere else - and yet again it is still impossible - only SKOI would know the real truth.

and I seriously doubt the RC church has a direct line to SKOI any more then the rest of us.

Religion is just a construct to control your behaviour in any case - it has no place in intelligent society

so - no cover up going on .

bikeblues wrote: »
    neither has this life been proven to be real - lets be sure about that .

this is not just my opinion, it is there for all to see in sceintific research - its a biological fact that life in THIS life is no more possible than life in an after life - unless of course some kind of intelligence ( SKOI) is behind this present life.
    and I am also not religious .

physical life is just not possible , the science says so, yet life exists .
    and if SKOI is behind this life , then it must exist in some other life existence outside of ours.

whether you call it it god, aliens , whatever- something had to be involved
    random events did not give rise to life - it is here by design - the question is what designed it , and where does this designer exist

so another life existence must be available in some way outside of this life.

I do not see how it could be covered up as its a simple logical step of thought once you study the statistics of biology that indicate that physical life even to bacterial stage is completely and uttely impossible to create without intelligent input.

never mind that 'primeval soup' rubbish , that idea is dead in the water along time ago .
    way to many contradictions to even entertain the idea that life can somehow assemble it self from this scenario.No serious biologist considers this a possible path anymore

Most biologists now consider that life arrived here from somewhere else , either by comet , dust cloud, ( and of course the 3rd option exists - deliberate seeding- but no scientist is going to entertain that scenario )
    and the elephant in the room is still- life still had to arise somehow somewhere else - and yet again it is still impossible - only SKOI would know the real truth.

and I seriously doubt the RC church has a direct line to SKOI any more then the rest of us.

Religion is just a construct to control your behaviour in any case - it has no place in intelligent society

so - no cover up going on .

I just want to make it clear that the current stance is that life formed over billions of years starting from simple self replicating RNA molecules in a PCR type reaction.

As far as we know, life is unlikely. But the probability of life forming is much greater when you take into account the vast time it had to form.

You are entitled to your own opinion and that's fine, I just wanted to mention what the consensus in the biological community is.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Or put more simply...no, the science does not say that physical life is just not possible.

From the simplest perspective, we can observe physical life, ergo physical life must be possible.

If what bikeblues meant to say was that science says it is not possible for physical life to begin, thats also inaccurate.

Science may not yet have a working model of abiogenesis, but certainly does not say that such a model cannot exist.

• Advertisement

bonkey wrote: »
    Or put more simply...no, the science does not say that physical life is just not possible.

From the simplest perspective, we can observe physical life, ergo physical life must be possible.

If what bikeblues meant to say was that science says it is not possible for physical life to begin, thats also inaccurate.

Science may not yet have a working model of abiogenesis, but certainly does not say that such a model cannot exist.

I think the issue here isn't about whether or not life is possible (it obliviously is), but whether or not a purpose to life is possible - beyond the materialistic perspectives of species survival and reproduction. And by extension, the continuation of that purpose into other realms of existence

The reality of the afterlife is pretty much resolved for me personally; I have no problem accepting that we all survive physical death, with opportunities to refine our spiritual growth through higher vibrational realms if we choose. But I do understand that is not the case for many here...

If you're looking for scientific evidence of the afterlife from reliable sources, I would perhaps suggest you start with some of the early pioneers of modern science, around the 1800s with the likes of Sir William Crookes, Dr. Charles Richet, Sir Oliver Lodge - actually...

... here's a quote of his as regards afterlife communication:

I tell you with all my strength of the conviction which I can muster that we do persist, that people still continue to take an interest in what is going on, that they know far more about things on this earth than we do, and are able from time to time to communicate with us…I do not say it is easy, but it is possible, and I have conversed with my friends just as I can converse with anyone in this audience now.

http://www.aspsi.org/feat/life_after/tymn/testimonials.htm

The above link will take you to a list of some of the more prominent scientists and academics, should you wish to investigate them further. I think you will be very surprised by some of the names on that list.

But thing is, there's not many people who even suspect they researched this subject, or even deemed it worthy of their time. And these aren't pseudo-scientists or religious fanatics - Lodge, Richet Crookes - these are almost god-like names in mainstream science - why hasn't their research into afterlife communication been studied and developed further?

Perhaps Ochorowicz has part of the answer, or at least appears to have regretted it:

Dr. Julian Ochorowicz (1850-1917) – Professor of psychology and philosophy at the University of Warsaw, he helped establish the Polish Psychological Institute in Warsaw and served as a director for the International Institute of Psychology in Paris.

I found I had done a great wrong to men who had proclaimed new truths at the risk of their positions. When I remember that I branded as a fool that fearless investigator, Crookes, the inventor of the radiometer, because he had the courage to assert the reality of psychic phenomena and to subject them to scientific tests, and when I also recollect that I used to read his articles thereon in the same stupid style, regarding him as crazy, I am ashamed, both of myself and others, and I cry from the very bottom of my heart. ‘Father, I have sinned against the Light.’”

Advertisement