Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[MW2 MegaLove thread]sunshine and lollipops

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

shawpower wrote: »
    Yeah, but is that actually realistic? I enjoy the thought of the 12 year olds getting p1ssed when they read people avoid them because they are crap at the game. I also always file a complaint for cheating, so probably have the suspension base covered.

Complaints are taken quite seriously , and microsoft has already stated that boosting isnt cheating , so i reckon nothing will be done on that account, so i just avoid for trash talking.
    You cant see that its lacking skill , it could be for being too good at the game, or unfamiliar .
    Come to think of it 50% of people avoiding me is for that ....:confused:
    I already said that. Keep up Shammy!!
    Sorry not with it today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Happy with the fact I was host in pretty much all my matches this evening :D

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭The Shtig

Was playing in a party last night with four other Irish lads and was the best time i had on the game in a while!

Three of them had mics (I need to get one really bad :() but we were all in a text chat so we were shouting out tactics and having a good bit of banter :D

We were playing for three hours i think and won every game of Demolition apart from the last one on Afghan. Shows how much better you play if you work as a proper team and how much fun it is. Hopefully will have another one of these matches soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Unless ur witha good group of lads the team objective games are a bit **** as ppl dont play as they should be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

This is the happiness thread, not the bitching one.:rolleyes:;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

I love the way i was owning ppl on TDM last night with the Famas. One gun i'd hardly used before. Quality

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

TDM on Wasteland, I got a triple kill to begin the match by using the mounted mini gun on the wall by the church, if you aim it right you can get the enemy team if they run to the right of the helicopter and around the trees, just point and shoot :D I then spend the whole game irritating them as much as I could, pointing the minigun into the bunker when they were all holed up in thee, got a double kill doing that, shooting down their UAVS, think it was 5 at the end of the game, shooting down their radar scramblers, taking out their harriers and pavelows,and sneaking up on their snipers :D I never went into the underground part once just stuck to the outskirts and kept doing laps picking them off, finished the game with 23 kills and 5 deaths, sweet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I hit level 70 this week and wasn't sure whether I should Prestige or not. The weapon I used most of all was the ACR and that would take quite some time to work towards again. Initially I cursed my decision as I was running around with the Famas but once I unlocked M4A1 all changed.

Having gone back to basics I'm trying out new perks and modes as they become available and it's fantastic. I would never have thought I'd have any success with the M4A1 but it's been brilliant. Where I always used to use a red dot sight for the added accuracy with other guns I seem to be managing really quite well without one which is great as it gives me the option to add something else to the gun.
    I never ever bothered with perks such as Marathon or Slight of Hand before but have had great fun trying out the perks as they become available. Oh and the extra classes are very handy.

So all in all it was well worth doing and I'm having more fun now than I did before.
    Jev/N wrote: »
    Happy with the fact I was host in pretty much all my matches this evening :D

How can you tell if you're the host (PS3 player here).

Press the back button as soon as the game starts ,the host will have 4 green bars and eveyone else will have 1 , for a few seconds until connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I <3 FAL + Stopping Power.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,723 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Shammy wrote: »
    Its ok , after playing against Brian for the last couple of nights i'm well used to extreme campers
    extreme camping fa shaow

It's a great spot if you can get up there. I've no bother with people camping there, because it's such a high risk spot to get to.

But he's a crap player. He's his Killstreaks all wrong. I mean Attach Helicopter?? Care Package? Daft. He should have the Emergency airdrop, the Pavelow and the Chopper Gunner. Plus, since he's using OMA, why isn't he throwing grenades through the glass roof behind him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

It's a great spot if you can get up there. I've no bother with people camping there, because it's such a high risk spot to get to.

But he's a crap player. He's his Killstreaks all wrong. I mean Attach Helicopter?? Care Package? Daft. He should have the Emergency airdrop, the Pavelow and the Chopper Gunner. Plus, since he's using OMA, why isn't he throwing grenades through the glass roof behind him?

Because he has a tactical insertion on :p

Agree with the rest though. This guy is horrible, and can't aim worth a damn.

Because he has a tactical insertion on :p

Yeah, but as I said, he also has OMA, with tactical insertion on his first class. Nothing to stop him jumping to another class that has nades in it. :p:p !!

Had a hilarious little rivalry going on with a guy earlier on Skidrow, was running around the outskirts of the map as I tend to avoid going into the main building on FFA , saw a guy go running around the corner (near where the boxes that you climb up to to get in the window of the big building) and I fired at him but someone got him from the front, so I creeped around the corner thinking it'd be someone right there but nobody, then got shot once and legged it, realised a guy was in the upper floor of that building the flatbed truck thing is parked in, the one that you can see down the big archway thing), thought to myself "easy, I'll wait for him to pop out, nice headshot" only he knew I was waiting, I knew he was waiting, and neither of us wanted to budge, we both kept peering out from behind walls and getting hitmarkers on each other but no kill. so eventually I thought I'd go around and climb into the stack of containers, he'll never see me there, same thing, hit marker, no kill, he got the same on me, then eventuall all went quiet, I said feck it, whipped out my thumper, took aim....then got knifed in the back, by him! he had moved the last time we fired at each other and legged it over to me, I sent him a message saying well played lol he said thanks then i added him as a friend on psn, if only everyone had friendly rivalries instead of screaming about noobs and fags at each other when they got killed the community would be a lot better.

krudler wrote: »
    Had a hilarious little rivalry going on with a guy earlier on Skidrow, was running around the outskirts of the map as I tend to avoid going into the main building on FFA , saw a guy go running around the corner (near where the boxes that you climb up to to get in the window of the big building) and I fired at him but someone got him from the front, so I creeped around the corner thinking it'd be someone right there but nobody, then got shot once and legged it, realised a guy was in the upper floor of that building the flatbed truck thing is parked in, the one that you can see down the big archway thing), thought to myself "easy, I'll wait for him to pop out, nice headshot" only he knew I was waiting, I knew he was waiting, and neither of us wanted to budge, we both kept peering out from behind walls and getting hitmarkers on each other but no kill. so eventually I thought I'd go around and climb into the stack of containers, he'll never see me there, same thing, hit marker, no kill, he got the same on me, then eventuall all went quiet, I said feck it, whipped out my thumper, took aim....then got knifed in the back, by him! he had moved the last time we fired at each other and legged it over to me, I sent him a message saying well played lol he said thanks then i added him as a friend on psn, if only everyone had friendly rivalries instead of screaming about noobs and fags at each other when they got killed the community would be a lot better.
    The game just feels so good when you are in situations like that. Friendly rivalries make the game way more enjoyable. I have two PSN friends from similar situations.

Yeah my reaction was "oh you fcuker! :D" not "arrrrgh! you fcuker! :mad:" like it is on most games

I just got a 6 kill streak in Last Stand, awesome :D got a guy just as he shot me, there were two guys coming the same way, double kill, another ran around the corner, one stepped on a claymore I had just laid and crawled away from, and the last I got with a thumper grenade, direct impact with no explosion, that'll teach those commando using fcukers to try going for easy kills on people!

Am playing really well today for some reason, got 3 double kills in a row on TDM on Favela there, was playing a clan and they were always grouping together, got my harriers from that, the intitial bombing got me a triple kill for my pavelow, that got me up to 11 for my chopper gunner, wound up getting 26 kills in all, and no friggin nuke on, ah well, wouldnt have gotten that many without the killstreaks anyway.

• Advertisement

We spawn trapped the other team for about 5 minutes in Domination (excuse the pun!:D) on Crash tonight. They kept spawning in the garage and they couldn't get out of that corner. The furthest they got out of that corner was the blue building. It was pretty class. We held A and B, they had C and just kept spawning beside it. I called in all my killstreaks (Pred, Harriers, Pavelow) twice and akimbo'd my UMP45 in a single round.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,406 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Made myself a booster hunter psn account tonight to "pwn" the boosters..which I've had much success with so far:pac: but the amount of messages I've got saying "good man" "good hunting" shows ya how much people are sick of it..anyway back to the hunt:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

Blay wrote: »
    Made myself a booster hunter psn account tonight to "pwn" the boosters..which I've had much success with so far:pac: but the amount of messages I've got saying "good man" "good hunting" shows ya how much people are sick of it..anyway back to the hunt:pac:
    yeah, hardcore hq pro had about 6 seprate incidents over 4 days, i hunted, 1 group of two stayed for 6 maps getting terrible scores as i repetdly killed them. getting messages of please stop etc....

having seen any in the past 3 weeks though

Booster hunting is awesome :D

I just had a fantastic game on Rundown, FFA, wound up going 30-0, but the thing was I had 24 of those kills less than 3 minutes into the game,it was insane. got my predator within a few seconds of starting, got one kill with that, another 2 for my harrier (had on hardline) then my pavelow from the initial bombing,so that was on the way almost as soon as the harrier started circling, and then the kills just racked, 11,14,15,17,18,20. double kills all over the place,somedone did manage to shoot down the harrier but the next highest player on the game had 4 kills and deaths at this stage, it was mad seeing +100 just pop on the screen every few secs,and I was getting guys as they were running for cover as well typical I had no nuke on :( for probably the first time ever I can say I owned a bunch of guys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Best weapon in the game??

THE KILLCAM! The amount of sulky teens that cant handle getting killed and try come back for revenge is unreal! I just went 27 - 3 in TDM storm simply by killing, moving ever so slightly and every single time a sulky teen will come running back.... fair nuf but my god use a brain cell, why do they think you'll be in EXACTLY the same place as before? You'd get the same guy coming back 3 or so times before he'd give up. 2 mins later in a diff spot it'd happen again. lol, killcam.... best weapon ever when used with the sulky teen intelligence perk. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,406 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

hightower1 wrote: »
    Best weapon in the game??

THE KILLCAM! The amount of sulky teens that cant handle getting killed and try come back for revenge is unreal! I just went 27 - 3 in TDM storm simply by killing, moving ever so slightly and every single time a sulky teen will come running back.... fair nuf but my god use a brain cell, why do they think you'll be in EXACTLY the same place as before? You'd get the same guy coming back 3 or so times before he'd give up. 2 mins later in a diff spot it'd happen again. lol, killcam.... best weapon ever when used with the sulky teen intelligence perk. :D

Love when that happens too..got trapped in a shop on Invasion last night in free for all, guy ran through, got him with the Spas so he repawns and fires his noob tube in the window, misses..runs in the door towards where I was..salivating at his impending kill at which point I promptly Spas'd him again..I ran outside the shop awaiting his return..which he did indeed do..walking carefully towards the door..trying to see if I was inside..I stuck him with semtex and hightailed it before my luck ran out:pac:

Ah the revenge kill, I spent ages wrecking a guys head on Skidrow the other night,he was in that standalone building with the hole in the wall that overlooks the tunnel, I saw him moving about from way over when I spawned, headshotted him as he was aiming at someone else, then he ran back in there again so I shot a grenade in, then spent the rest of the game moving to slightly different places and getting him, up the stairs, outside behind the skip, under the truck, outside the door, he eventually rage quit :D yeah it was blatant camping on my part but it was so friggin funny watching this same guy come back for more I couldnt help myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I was apprehenisve about going Prestige and giving up my beloved ACR but it's been well worth it. I would never have thought of not using a red dot or holographic sight but that's exactly what I've been doing with the M4A1. I had a lot of fun with that but decided I should try the SCAR-H again as so many people swear by it.
    Previously I hated it as it has quite a slow rate of fire and a small magazine but combined with a sight and Stopping Power it's truely fantastic. The accuracy is just amazing. I'm not so bothered about the ACR anymore and am just having lots of fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

I was apprehenisve about going Prestige and giving up my beloved ACR but it's been well worth it. I would never have thought of not using a red dot or holographic sight but that's exactly what I've been doing with the M4A1. I had a lot of fun with that but decided I should try the SCAR-H again as so many people swear by it.
    Previously I hated it as it has quite a slow rate of fire and a small magazine but combined with a sight and Stopping Power it's truely fantastic. The accuracy is just amazing. I'm not so bothered about the ACR anymore and am just having lots of fun.

Unlock the extended mags for the scar ........you'll never use another gun ;)

• Advertisement

Unlock the extended mags for the scar ........you'll never use another gun ;)

Yes you will. The AA12 with extended mags!! Beast. :)

Advertisement