Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Prepaid Mastercard No Loading or Purchase Charges (Works with Ryanair)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭lo0kash

hi guys,

I have this thing
    http://www.mywirecard.com/

used last week, worked perfect.
    to buy tickets for 111e (2 adults,return) the total charge was 3.25e. (24e when I tried my "plastic" mastercard!)

you can transfer the money to it using "normal" credit card, or by bank transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

fifib wrote: »
    anyoen know if these prepaid mastercards are available in Galway?
    need to book flights on Ryanair tonight and would be great to avoid the cc charges :)

just to let people know i emailed the perfectgiftcard.ie and the gift cards are available in the Galway Shopping Center on the Headford rd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

I emailed them asking is there anyway to link it to my paypal account chancing my arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lostdesign

Does anyone know if these prepaid cards/perfectcard.ie will work in New York? Would there be a currency loading fee every time you used it in dollars?

When I was in Oz you could buy these prepaid visa's in US dollars/Oz dollars/euros etc for travelling but can't seem to find them here.

http://www.anz.com/personal/travel-foreign-exchange/travel-money/travel-card/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭bealfeirste5

Thanks for the heads up! Im intrigued..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Thunderlips

hi,

has anyone used the Liffey Valley multi-centre gift mastercard, i got one today at 1pm and even when i check my balance online it says my balance is 0.00, does anyone know if there is a delay on this.

I rang liffey valley and the customer service girl said it should be topped up yet sometimes when you check online there can be a delay.

anybody know anything with this...cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

wackjob wrote: »
    Think you can only load euro 150 on it. You can load € 2,500 on the Payzone Worldwide Money Card once registered online, if you upgrade you can load € 15,000

worldwide ?> can I just load it and use it on hols in the states?

got a link or where do I get it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Thunderlips

hi,

has anyone used the Liffey Valley multi-centre gift mastercard, i got one today at 1pm and even when i check my balance online it says my balance is 0.00, does anyone know if there is a delay on this.

I rang liffey valley and the customer service girl said it should be topped up yet sometimes when you check online there can be a delay.

also, just tried checkin my balance today and the website is down
    http://www.multicentregiftvoucher.ie/

and i tried ringing them at 0845 080 1800 and cant get through....bloody joke!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Bought a €100 Dublin City Gift Card today, used it for about €50 of books from the bookdepository.co.uk and about €10 from DealExtreme and both worked fine. Great way to pay online imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭patsybear

I got one of the dublin city gift cards yesterday, does anyone know if these work on sendit or similar websites? When paying with these do you use the card number or the account number?
    cheers,
    Panda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭HappyHarry

There is a lot of useful info in this thread, but a lot of crap too.
    Also inaccurate info posted and then contradicted in a later post. Who wants to wade through 7 pages of posts!

Anyone care to take a stab at a single comprehensive post to sum up:
    1) What prepaid mastercards can be used with Ryanair and the charges associated with them.
    2) Other prepaid card (mastercard, visa, etc) that can be used in foreign countries and/or online and the charges assoicated.

Personally, I've used shopping centre giftcard (by perfectcard) with Ryanair - no fees. And use a Visa Debit for online and foreign countries (Halifax had one, Ulster Bank still offer one, rumour is that PTSB will offer Visa Debit by the summer and another bank will offer one "soon").

I also got a neteller + card as it's free to get any may come in handy, the process was really easy but they had to call a landline, they were unable to get through to my mobile. Haven't used it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

thanks harry, i was getting really boggled down. here is my scenario. going ot be in dublin city centre on thurs. would like to buy a card to have at home for use on booking ryan air flights.
    is there an expiration date on them?
    where near grafton st can i buy a card?
    if i buy a card for say €100 but dont need it all, what happens to the balance or can i use it for general web purchases?

thanks harry, i was getting really boggled down. here is my scenario. going ot be in dublin city centre on thurs. would like to buy a card to have at home for use on booking ryan air flights.
    is there an expiration date on them?
    where near grafton st can i buy a card?
    if i buy a card for say €100 but dont need it all, what happens to the balance or can i use it for general web purchases?

Expiration Date > Yes all credit \ debit cards have an expiration date.

Where to buy > I THINK you can buy the Dublin city centre card from the ticket kiosk on Ground Floor St Stephen's Green SC, Jervis Centre, and Powerscount Town Centre.

What about the balance > It stays on the card, yes you can use it online for other purchases (maybe not everywhere). Where is gets complicated is what (if any) charges apply if you don't use the card for an extended period and if you can top it up or not.

http://www.dublincitybid.ie/component/content/article/1/219-dublin-city-gift-card.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

I got one of these cards in jervis and i'm delighted,you can add on whatever value you want onto it. My question is i presume it can be used in real life in tescos/dixons due to it being to promote dublin business but you have no pin?

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

I was told by the woman selling it to me that the Perfect Card version cant be topped up as it would then be subject to the governments annnual credit card levy.

Qprmeath wrote: »
    I was told by the woman selling it to me that the Perfect Card version cant be topped up as it would then be subject to the governments annnual credit card levy.

There is no credit so how could it attract a credit card levy(€30)?
    At worst they may hit you with the (2.50 debit card charge).

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭jarmstrong001

fatherjack wrote: »
    I had a similar problem when I provided them with my landline number in the format '+353....', they emailed saying they couldn't get through. However, when I requested a callback using '00353...', I got a callback within a few minutes.

Has anyone successfully received a callback from Neteller recently?
    I have tried for the last couple of days to get a callback to both mobile and fixed lines using +353, 00353, 011 353 with no success at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I have tried for the last couple of days to get a callback to both mobile and fixed lines using +353, 00353, 011 353 with no success at all.

Yes i got my call back from them on Friday, verified account now, just waiting on my prepaid mastercard to be approved and come to me.

I did have to chase them a few times via the online chat service before everything got sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭glog

hi,

Just wondering if this "Multi-Centre Gift card" worked with Ryanair particularly as they can be got in Cork.

Are there any other known good options for those of us living in the Real Capital ??

glog wrote: »
    Are there any other known good options for those of us living in the Real Capital ??

Yeah, the Dundrum Shopping Centre card works a treat.:D

• Advertisement

I got one about two weeks ago, have received the card since. They couldn't get through on the mobile at all, so gave them landline and got the call 5mins later.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭frankiebaby

Just noticed this on the Ryanair website:
    Mastercard Prepaid Debit Card
    As a special offer to the above card holders, Ryanair, for a limited period only, will not apply an administration fee

Can be seen on the Ryanair website, Fees section: LINK

Anyone know how long this 'limited period' is?
    Is this something Ryanair just added recently or has this been up on the website for long?

Frankie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Just noticed this on the Ryanair website:

Can be seen on the Ryanair website, Fees section: LINK

Anyone know how long this 'limited period' is?
    Is this something Ryanair just added recently or has this been up on the website for long?

Frankie

Does this mean the free loophole for bypassing the credit card charges will be gone for good shortly and we will get nailed every time we make a booking ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Does this mean the free loophole for bypassing the credit card charges will be gone for good shortly and we will get nailed every time we make a booking ?
    I doubt it will change anytime soon or at least a year anyway. They always had the same proviso with Visa electrons that it was for a limited period but that went on for what seemed forever! If they dont offer one free method of payment then they would be forced to increase their ad's headline fare which wouldent at all suit them.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

what is the difference between these and 3v cards ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭paconnors

I've Recently got the moneybookers.com prepaid mastercard, it costs €10 to purchase and it can be topped up with an irish laser card they dont charge any purchasing fees, i have used it successfully on ebay and paypal no problems at all

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

paconnors wrote: »
    I've Recently got the moneybookers.com prepaid mastercard, it costs €10 to purchase and it can be topped up with an irish laser card they dont charge any purchasing fees, i have used it successfully on ebay and paypal no problems at all
    Does it work for free on Ryanair?

This on their front page does not inspire confidence though!
    € 16'442'535'987 processed transactions

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Ahasver

If I use my normal mastercard, with say E100 in the black, will that be accepted by Ryanair as a prepaid mastercard?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Ahasver wrote: »
    If I use my normal mastercard, with say E100 in the black, will that be accepted by Ryanair as a prepaid mastercard?

No, it's still a credit card even though you have a credit balance. Ryanair's system will know this by the credit card number.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 colinmanning

The multi centre gift card that you get at
    Liffey Valley shopping centre in Dublin
    Northside shopping centre in Dublin
    Whitewater shopping centre in Newbridge, Co. Kildare
    Mahon Point shopping centre in Cork
    Merchants Quay shopping centre in Cork
    Citywest shopping centre in Dublin
    Westend shopping park in Dublin
    Victoria Square shopping centre in Belfast
    Showgrounds shopping Centre in Clonmel
    Leopardstown shopping Centre
    The Park, Carrickmines

will not work for Ryanair. But this seems to be a decision of the card company rather than Ryanair.

So beware. Or you might en up splashing out on unwanted stuff, rater than saving a few bob.

Advertisement