Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Prepaid Mastercard No Loading or Purchase Charges (Works with Ryanair)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

Kotek, when you used the card in the Tesco store, did the card reader not require you to punch in a PIN number (I thought with credit/debit cards you always needed a PIN no.)?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

butts wrote: »
    Kotek, when you used the card in the Tesco store, did the card reader not require you to punch in a PIN number (I thought with credit/debit cards you always needed a PIN no.)?

No, there's no chip in the Perfect Card. Have to sign, old fashioned way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

bmaxi wrote: »
    The Wirecard route is a little more complicated than just going into a shop and buying a card.

You can go into a shop and buy the Mastercard Payzone card.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Good thread, cheers OP and those for the advice in here

Reckon I'll go pick up one of those blue pre-paid mastercards from jervis tomorrow and will try book flights with ryanair. Will report back once done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

p_larkin99 wrote: »

Reckon I'll go pick up one of those blue pre-paid mastercards from jervis tomorrow and will try book flights with ryanair. Will report back once done.

How'd ye get on?

I was going to buy one at the local shopping centre but they charge €2 admin fee. No one has mentioned this so far, can people confirm they were charged this extra fee?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ddub

snubbleste wrote: »
    How'd ye get on?

I was going to buy one at the local shopping centre but they charge €2 admin fee. No one has mentioned this so far, can people confirm they were charged this extra fee?

Nope no admin fee with the Dublin city centre card, hand over €50 and you get a card with €50 on it etc...

Glad all are finding this BA useful..... on another note must be nearly 12 weeks since the last 1cent ryanair seat sale .. hope were due one soon - need to stock up on my gatwick returns !!

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

I have to book about 40 flights soon. They will cost approximately 100 euro each. I used to use a visa electron on entropay but they have loading expenses and of course visa electrons are no longer free.

Could I just go to dundrum with 4,000 and lodge it to a prepaid mastercard? I just dont want to be walking around with the cash. Or is it pointless trying to save the money?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

does the dundrum one work, I've got a couple from christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 corkie5

Another question. Does the prepaid card from white water centre in newbridge work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

p_larkin99 wrote: »

well?

• Advertisement

I can confirm that the dundrum card works with online transactions, woop :D

only thing is, can't be linked to paypal as it says the billing address is wrong but normal internet transactions work

Fantastic news Kevin! Do you just put in your own address and your own name as the card holder?

sternn wrote: »
    Fantastic news Kevin! Do you just put in your own address and your own name as the card holder?

Yeah, no problems at all :)

I ordered from cracowtours.pl, which worked

and victoriasecret.com also works, so it must be universal which is great :)

http://www.perfectcard.ie/faq.html#1

Quite helpful link. This is who supply Dundrum with the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Have you been able to use it on www.ryanair.com??

Cheers,
    M
    Kevin! wrote: »
    Yeah, no problems at all :)

I ordered from cracowtours.pl, which worked

and victoriasecret.com also works, so it must be universal which is great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Does anyone know if the Jervis SC card can be used to buy $PSN cards online.

I went into Jervis today lads, bought one of the prepaid mastercards and put €20 on it.

Booked 2 flights on the €5 offer at the moment and was not charged any of the card fees so you can just go into ticketmaster and pick these up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Can you just clarify, is it a Jervis St Shopping Centre card?
    Who issued the card, was it perfectcard, payzone?
    and the first four digits of the card number

snubbleste wrote: »
    Can you just clarify, is it a Jervis St Shopping Centre card?
    Who issued the card, was it perfectcard, payzone?
    and the first four digits of the card number

Sure,

What I did was went into the Jervis St Shopping Centre. If ya go in at the entrance where the Luas leaves ya then just get the escalator upstairs and at the top there is a ticketmaster. They are advertising a blue prepaid mastercard with a picture of the ha'penny bridge on it (its this one here: http://www.thisismydublin.com/home/give-the-gift-of-dublin-city-centre-this-christmas/ )

I asked for €20 to be put on it and also if it works with ryanair as a means of avoiding fees and the guy said yes. I bought it took it home and booked the flights with no fees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 wackjob

sternn wrote: »
    I have to book about 40 flights soon. They will cost approximately 100 euro each. I used to use a visa electron on entropay but they have loading expenses and of course visa electrons are no longer free.

Could I just go to dundrum with 4,000 and lodge it to a prepaid mastercard? I just dont want to be walking around with the cash. Or is it pointless trying to save the money?

Think you can only load euro 150 on it. You can load € 2,500 on the Payzone Worldwide Money Card once registered online, if you upgrade you can load € 15,000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭chazlan

Looking into getting one of these cards in Cork city? Mahon point have one that is common to a number of shopping centers:

Liffey Valley shopping centre in Dublin
    Northside shopping centre in Dublin
    Whitewater shopping centre in Newbridge, Co. Kildare
    Mahon Point shopping centre in Cork
    Merchants Quay shopping centre in Cork
    Citywest shopping centre in Dublin (gift card only)
    Westend shopping park in Dublin (gift card only)
    Victoria Square shopping centre in Belfast (gift card only)
    The Park Carrickmines in Dublin (gift card only)

It is run by RG Financial http://www.multicentregiftvoucher.ie/home.asp, wondering if anyone knows if this cards work!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

So say u buy the card with €50 initially and buys flights costing only €20. U now have €30 left. Is there a way to top this back up to €50 again easily if you want to buy more flights?

Cheers,
    M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭FullHD

I spent the last 2 years trying to get a bloody VISA ELECTRON, eventually i got one int the UK post office last November, used it for 1 flight without fees. And then the bloody ?"%K#&S Ryanair move the goal posts. :mad::mad:

Thanks for the Mastercard info though, i already have a Mastercard from the Credit Union, if that doesnt work i will get a Jervis one next time i am in Dublin. :):):)

Garry

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭driverite

Guys just be careful with the payzone card. €6 to buy it, They charge you €3.50 to load it for what ever amount and now retailers are charging a surcharge to load it. To put €20 on my card today it cost me €23.90 almost 25% of the value. and payzone also charge a small percentage for every time you use your card.

3v dosn't charge any top up for €20. and €2.50 after that up to a certain point.

The only attraction of payzone is for Ryanair flights and nothing else

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I used wirecard to pay for my flights on Monday and my flight is not yet available under the "manage my booking" section of the RyanAir website.
    I note that no money has yet been taken from my wirecard account.

Does anyone know how long between making a payment on the RyanAir website and the deduction hits the Wirecard on-line account?
    I'm assuming this is why I cannot see my travel booking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

chazlan wrote: »
    Looking into getting one of these cards in Cork city? Mahon point have one that is common to a number of shopping centers:

Liffey Valley shopping centre in Dublin
    Northside shopping centre in Dublin
    Whitewater shopping centre in Newbridge, Co. Kildare
    Mahon Point shopping centre in Cork
    Merchants Quay shopping centre in Cork
    Citywest shopping centre in Dublin (gift card only)
    Westend shopping park in Dublin (gift card only)
    Victoria Square shopping centre in Belfast (gift card only)
    The Park Carrickmines in Dublin (gift card only)

It is run by RG Financial http://www.multicentregiftvoucher.ie/home.asp, wondering if anyone knows if this cards work!?

Would also like to know if any of the cards for Cork shopping centres work!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭hargo

slave1 wrote: »
    I used wirecard to pay for my flights on Monday and my flight is not yet available under the "manage my booking" section of the RyanAir website.
    I note that no money has yet been taken from my wirecard account.

Does anyone know how long between making a payment on the RyanAir website and the deduction hits the Wirecard on-line account?
    I'm assuming this is why I cannot see my travel booking?

It should show that the money is reserved on the wirecard account but takes a few days to leave the account.

I can confirm that the Dundrum perfectcards (gift cards) work for ryanair. You can lodge a maximum of €1,000 on the cards with no fee. I booked 84 flights on several cards, and i saved €420 in fees. They had no issue with me walking in and buying €3,400 worth of cards. I was booking for a group of 42 incase anyone is wondering!

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

Kevin! wrote: »
    I can confirm that the dundrum card works with online transactions, woop :D

only thing is, can't be linked to paypal as it says the billing address is wrong but normal internet transactions work

I think I'l get this. I've been trying to confirm my neteller card for two weeks, they keep telling me they have to phone me and can they do so in next 2 hours, i say yes and they never phone. i've given them my documents etc already. When I get into their chat service they say I didn't answer and can they try again....and so on.

Anyone else have this problem?

I think I'll just get a dundrum card, bit of a hassle compared to having a loadable card but this neteller business is annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Desenzano2000

Guys just 2 quick question regarding Dublin City Gift Card.

1) Did anyone try booking ryanair flights quoted in different than EUR currency? I only need to book one way ticket from Oslo-Dublin that cost 300 NOK. Do you think the card will work on 'no EUR' route?

2) If I will be left with some balance on card, e.g 8.47 EUR can I spend it in Tesco for example? Is that card working in regular shops in Dublin?

Cheers.

Advertisement