Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepaid Mastercard No Loading or Purchase Charges (Works with Ryanair)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Guys just 2 quick question regarding Dublin City Gift Card.

1) Did anyone try booking ryanair flights quoted in different than EUR currency? I only need to book one way ticket from Oslo-Dublin that cost 300 NOK. Do you think the card will work on 'no EUR' route?

2) If I will be left with some balance on card, e.g 8.47 EUR can I spend it in Tesco for example? Is that card working in regular shops in Dublin?

Cheers.

1) I bought this card (€20 worth) and the flights were paid for in £'s. The flights were £10 and I was charged 12.07 leaving me €7.93 on my card - this is no guarantee that it will work for you of course but it did work in another currency for me.

2) I believe that is the case yes that any remaining balance can be spent elsewhere. I think it just acts as a normal card.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Desenzano2000

Happy days!
    Thanks p larkin99.

When you were buying Dublin City Gift Card were you charged with extra 2 EUR service charge?

When you were buying Dublin City Gift Card were you charged with extra 2 EUR service charge?

Nope, 20 quid got me 20 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    1) I bought this card (€20 worth) and the flights were paid for in £'s. The flights were £10 and I was charged 12.07 leaving me €7.93 on my card - this is no guarantee that it will work for you of course but it did work in another currency for me.

2) I believe that is the case yes that any remaining balance can be spent elsewhere. I think it just acts as a normal card.

It worked but added some hefty currency conversion fees. Only recently has the sterling gone up a bit against the euro so it may of been as high as 7%-9%.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭MuhammadUmar

I just booked two tickets on Ryanair with the Mastercard Giftcard of Blanchardstown Shopping Centre, and saved about 40 Euros in total! :)

It worked but added some hefty currency conversion fees. Only recently has the sterling gone up a bit against the euro so it may of been as high as 7%-9%.

well yeah obviously £10 isnt equal to €12.07 but it saves me a lot more as I only tend to get the cheaper flights so im not bothered

I succesfully booked flight quoted not in EUR currency using. Exchange rate was decent, only 1.5% off from official rate.

No I have 9.71 left on the card.

Do you Guys know if I can spend it in Dunnes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Any one know if any cards from CORK or MAHONPOINT cards work with RYAN AIR .Thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭dragona

Hey guys and gals - can a pre paid mastercard be bought anywhere at Liffey Valley?? or Blanchardstown??

ok, ok, Blanchardstown definitely yes as hubby has just bought one, but cannot find any info on Liffey Valley...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 fatherjack

I got my Mastercard Prepaid card from Neteller.com . There are no loading fees if you use online banking, and no transaction fees once the currency for payment is the same as your chosen Neteller account currency. You need to scan and email ID and recent bank / card statement to open an account. Choose the physical card as the virtual one does not work on Ryanair.

See the Neteller blog at http://blog.neteller.com/net-plus-and-ryanair/

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

anyone else having a problem with Neteller registration? I've been a couple of weeks now waiting for them to call me. Every monring I get back onto their chat and they tell me to be available for the next 1-3 hours and then I get an email to say that I wasn't available! I've tried mobile and work numbers and explained to them they have to use the intl code for Ireland when dialling from canada. what's wrong with them?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Any one know if any cards from CORK or MAHONPOINT cards work with RYAN AIR .Thanks !

I'm interested in this too. Does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

poochiem wrote: »
    anyone else having a problem with Neteller registration? I've been a couple of weeks now waiting for them to call me. Every monring I get back onto their chat and they tell me to be available for the next 1-3 hours and then I get an email to say that I wasn't available! I've tried mobile and work numbers and explained to them they have to use the intl code for Ireland when dialling from canada. what's wrong with them?

Did you submit your phone number as +353, dropping the leading zero?

E.g., +353871245454.

E.g., +353871245454.

yeah I sure did, and I explained to them how to punch that into the phone, then they told me I had to speak to my Network provider to allow my phone accept incoming international calls! It has since 1998. So I gave them my office number, same story. I've been on chat again and explained it all over again and at the end of the chat he asked me again for my number and would I be available between the next 1-3 hours...twice a day every day now. painful. what's wrong with them?

yeah I sure did, and I explained to them how to punch that into the phone, then they told me I had to speak to my Network provider to allow my phone accept incoming international calls! It has since 1998. So I gave them my office number, same story. I've been on chat again and explained it all over again and at the end of the chat he asked me again for my number and would I be available between the next 1-3 hours...twice a day every day now. painful. what's wrong with them?

I had a similar problem when I provided them with my landline number in the format '+353....', they emailed saying they couldn't get through. However, when I requested a callback using '00353...', I got a callback within a few minutes.

fatherjack wrote: »
    I had a similar problem when I provided them with my landline number in the format '+353....', they emailed saying they couldn't get through. However, when I requested a callback using '00353...', I got a callback within a few minutes.

unbelievable. i spent half an hour with meteor. they tell me that Neteller and other canadians can't phone Irish mobile numbers because only one telecom agency 'Rodgers' has an agreement with irish providers???

I kept at Neteller and they gave me their number to phone into. ten minutes later I'm sorted. Pity it's taken 3 weeks...they're posting out my card now, it could take 3 weeks, but I presume you guys got it quicker than that?

I have never heard of restrictions and agreements re calling mobile numbers but then again this is meteor we're talking about! :p ... I got my card less than a week after being approved. All you have to do then is activate it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

unbelievable. i spent half an hour with meteor. they tell me that Neteller and other canadians can't phone Irish mobile numbers because only one telecom agency 'Rodgers' has an agreement with irish providers???

Meteor talking bollocks again I see.

I'm on Meteor. Neteller had no problems calling me, three weeks ago.

Hopefully I'll get it within the week - so I register my bank account with them then, is that right? and subsequently I can load the card free of charge from my bank account (probably take a couple of days to clear) or load it from my credit card which is immediate and incurrs a 1.75% charge?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭webbie

For those in Limerick I can confirm the Cresent Shopping Center gift card works using the prepaid master card option on Ryanair.

Got one yesterday and booked flights to London for the family, saved €40 in fees. Also since I was flying into Gatwick and home from Stansted I had to buy return flights in sterling and it worked for those also no problems. The exchange rate they gave was 1.14 which is excellent expecially given that Ryanair were trying to charge 1.21.

It is supplied by perfectcard, and has same conditions mentioned for some of the other gift cards mentioned earlier in the thread, i.e. no initial loading charges, no monthly fee for 1st 12 months, after 12 months they charge €3 per month so make sure you use it up in first 12 months. You can check your balance on www.perfectcard.ie.

Given the one supplied by perfectcard as gift cards for other shopping centres seemed to work well, I simply sent them and e-mail at info@perfectcard.ie asking what was closest place to Limerick they supplied gift cards for and they came straight back telling me the Cresent Shopping Center was the place to go. So if you are in another part of the country I suggest you check with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

anyoen know if these prepaid mastercards are available in Galway?
    need to book flights on Ryanair tonight and would be great to avoid the cc charges :)

fifib wrote: »
    anyoen know if these prepaid mastercards are available in Galway?
    need to book flights on Ryanair tonight and would be great to avoid the cc charges :)

Send an e-mail to info@perfectcard.ie and ask them if they supply gift cards to any of the shopping centers in Galway, that's what I did to find out about the one at cresent shopping center here in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

E.g., +353871245454.

From Canada, they need to dial the same as from the US

011 + 353 + Area Code + Your number

So for the above, that would be 011 353 87 1245454

Hopefully I'll get it within the week - so I register my bank account with them then, is that right? and subsequently I can load the card free of charge from my bank account (probably take a couple of days to clear) or load it from my credit card which is immediate and incurrs a 1.75% charge?

You don't register your bank account details with Neteller but rather register Neteller's bank account details with your online banking.

You have to notify Neteller of the lodgment first by clicking on 'deposit' (and it will appear as e.g. €30 'pending' - this will disappear after a few days if you don't make a lodgement). Then you use the bank account details of Neteller (Barclays Dublin - info on neteller site), add their bank account details (sort code, account number etc) with your online banking. N.B.: Put your Neteller account number as the reference in the relevant field, so that it will only go to your Neteller account! Transfer the same amount as you indicated as 'pending' on your Neteller account.

Loading is free of charge using this method and takes 2-5 days.

Debit card and credit card transfers are instant but charged at 1.75%.

You can also deposit at your local bank -
    http://public.neteller.com/content/en_IE/local_bank_deposits.htm

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    From Canada, they need to dial the same as from the US

011 + 353 + Area Code + Your number

So for the above, that would be 011 353 87 1245454

yup they phoned my home landline while i wasn't there, Meteor are unreal - I've never heard such bull "the country is too busy to take international calls" for god's sake "there is a problem receiving calls from Canada in Ireland" - i actually wrote down what she was saying to me as I couldn't believe it.

Thanks for the explanation fatherjack

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

webbie wrote: »
    Send an e-mail to info@perfectcard.ie and ask them if they supply gift cards to any of the shopping centers in Galway, that's what I did to find out about the one at cresent shopping center here in Limerick.

Just mailed Perfect Card and they said their card can not be topped up??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

madmoe wrote: »

and you don't believe them??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Just thought someone on here said that they could be topped up....

• Advertisement

madmoe wrote: »

Correct when it expires just buy a new one.

Advertisement