Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Music (Band, DJ, Singer) ONE POST PER BAND ONLY! Read post #1 First!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Booked Them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

Has anyone had Reflex playing at there wedding?

Rate them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Chris83

Hello

Does anyone have a contact for a good harpist in Dublin area?
    Good prices too please! :pac:

Thanks

Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mrs2be

we are thinking about having "the urge" as our wedding band.
    Has anyone had them/ heard them or any comments about them?
    Please tell me your comments... we need as much info a possible!

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭jukebox2310

Probably a bit early but looking for some decent reasonably priced bands to play summer 2011 in south east. Any suggestions?

Also any good church singers musicians?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭The Yipper

lucygotago wrote: »
    HI guys

I am looking to know if anybody can recommend a good band/DJ for a wedding June 2010, I was going to try and just have a DJ to do the whole evening as budget wise we cant really afford the prices band's are looking for, any recommendations would be greately welcome.

ps: before anybody says it i know you only get what you pay for but at the moment we need to book someone who is reasonably priced and will have to take our chances.

thanks

Just PM'd you some details, hope they're useful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Probably a bit early but looking for some decent reasonably priced bands to play summer 2011 in south east. Any suggestions?

Also any good church singers musicians?

most dublin bands will go to south east so youre not limited although Im guessing youre based down there so viewing might be tricky. And you are not booking early, we've got a lot of dates gone next year already. Summer dates usually go first.

For yourself and anyone else ever enquiring about a vendor, you should always include the date on forums or email enquiries. No point in email exchanges or phone calls being made by yourself or vendors if theyre already booked. ;) If you dont want to post the date on a public forum, thats a different matter but for eg. a generic enquiry about say the 10th june 2011 in the SE shouldnt be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kaylen

lucygotago wrote: »
    HI guys

I am looking to know if anybody can recommend a good band/DJ for a wedding June 2010, I was going to try and just have a DJ to do the whole evening as budget wise we cant really afford the prices band's are looking for, any recommendations would be greately welcome.

ps: before anybody says it i know you only get what you pay for but at the moment we need to book someone who is reasonably priced and will have to take our chances.

thanks
    Try" Face Value" - Great wedding band from Galway
    www.facevalue.ie

Anyone know of any good wedding bands?

the price they charge?
    Try" Face Value" from Galway 'Think they're around 1500
    www.facevalue.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lizgriz

I'm getting married in August, and the most difficult task so far has proved to be finding a band! I spent 6 straight hours on the internet yesterday looking for one. Difficulty is I live in England, and it's not so easy for me to come back to listen to a band playing in a pub... Quite a few mentioned on this thread are available, it's just very hard to decide... I'm thinking of Da Derga, as they play both modern and trad instruments, which sounds like a good mix, and just what I want. Has anyone heard them or know anything about them? Thanks a million.

Liz

• Advertisement

Lizgriz wrote: »
    I'm getting married in August, and the most difficult task so far has proved to be finding a band! I spent 6 straight hours on the internet yesterday looking for one. Difficulty is I live in England, and it's not so easy for me to come back to listen to a band playing in a pub... Quite a few mentioned on this thread are available, it's just very hard to decide... I'm thinking of Da Derga, as they play both modern and trad instruments, which sounds like a good mix, and just what I want. Has anyone heard them or know anything about them? Thanks a million.

Liz
    Hi Liz
    Ya- heard Da Derga , They are also very good, well experienced in weddings - either band would more than satisfy your needs, I suppose you should try and get someone you know to check them out , Both bands from the Galway area ! Hope this is some help ! Kay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lizgriz

Thank you so much Kay, it means a lot to get a recommendation from someone who's heard them. I spoke to the band this morning, and they were very helpful, so am going to travel over one weekend that they are playing, and hear them first hand. They've very kindly agreed to hold my booking until then, which is great, as some bands say 'absolutely on no account can we tentatively hold a date for you'. Sending my sis to listen to a couple of other bands in the meantime!
    Thanks again,
    Liz

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭scunner

Hi,
    Looking for a wedding band for wedding in Macroom Cork on the 31st December 2010.
    Any help would be appreciated!

Scunner

scunner wrote: »
    Hi,
    Looking for a wedding band for wedding in Macroom Cork on the 31st December 2010.
    Any help would be appreciated!

Scunner
    Hi Scunner
    I'm afraid don't Know any bands that far south
    I would Imagine it will be hard to get a band for that night (N.Y.E)
    check out : good_gigs@eircom.net Hope That's some help for you
    Best of luck with it anyway
    Kaylen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭bogtotty

I haven't read through the whole thread but would like to recommend Marble City Sounds as a wedding band. They're from Kilkenny (obviously enough with that name) and they played our wedding in 2007. They cover the Kilkenny/Carlow area mostly but came as far as Aherlow (s. Tipp) for our do. The contact man is Liam Drennan and their no. is: 056 7765312 (I don't know if they have a website).
    They play a mix of swing, rock, schmooze, trad - pretty much everything. The dance floor was filled all night - they were absolutely brilliant. We paid about 1900 which was pretty decent considering they're a 9-piece complete with brass section!

I can also recommend Nightrider (based near Thurles but will travel fairly far) who are playing my sister's wedding next July (I've seen them loads of times). They play rock, pop, a bit of trad-rock and whatever you're having yourself. Lead singer is sort of a Johnny Cash/Joe Dolan style character. The good thing about them is that they are usually a 5-piece costing around 1500 (I think) but they also do reduced rates as a 2 or 3 piece using backing tracks. Good crack too. You can contact Ann or Kenny on 0504 44288.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Lizgriz wrote: »
    Thank you so much Kay, it means a lot to get a recommendation from someone who's heard them. I spoke to the band this morning, and they were very helpful, so am going to travel over one weekend that they are playing, and hear them first hand. They've very kindly agreed to hold my booking until then, which is great, as some bands say 'absolutely on no account can we tentatively hold a date for you'. Sending my sis to listen to a couple of other bands in the meantime!
    Thanks again,
    Liz

Bands can only be in one place a night, therefore whoever is willing to place a deposit for that night have to take precedence over someone who might book you if they get out to see you. That said, if someone says "Ive heard great things but Id like to see you, I'll come to your next gig with H2B and we should be good if its alright" then you can tentatively hold a date.

Holding a booking for 2 weeks or so gives couples chance to see a band, if the band dont hear til then they have to protect their own interests and accept a confirmed booking from another couple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lady red

Hi we've booked The Spectrums for our wedding. Has anyone seen them at a wedding?

Just hoping that we made the right choice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 TDon

Hi, we are getting married on the 26th Aug 2010, & were wondering, can anyone recommend good bands in the leinster area,
    we saw the marvels from cork play at the Irish derby in the curragh & thought they were fantastic, i got in contact & all seems good, just a bit pricey. We are also looking at The Best Men Band, The Good Guys band, & Manila Strings ( we saw them at a Friends wedding & were excellent )
    if anybody has any info/ recommendations, it would be much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

We booked a band called "Keep in Touch"

The owner of the hotel were getting married in recommended them as they played at his wedding.

Good deal and it includes the church music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 falvelator

you should check out findaband.ie, I cam across it when look for a band for my wedding next december!! it lets u see videos and pics of the band in action!!
    i posted my wedding on the ste too and i got 8 replies from different bands available on my date in a matter of minutes!!

It def helped me...said id pass the good word on!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 KinsaleGirl

Hi, i am getting married next December!! I have heard alot of good reports about the band arcadia...anyone know how I can get in touch with them!?

Cheers!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

TDon wrote: »
    Hi, we are getting married on the 26th Aug 2010, & were wondering, can anyone recommend good bands in the leinster area,
    we saw the marvels from cork play at the Irish derby in the curragh & thought they were fantastic, i got in contact & all seems good, just a bit pricey. We are also looking at The Best Men Band, The Good Guys band, & Manila Strings ( we saw them at a Friends wedding & were excellent )
    if anybody has any info/ recommendations, it would be much appreciated

We've booked the Panoramics. They're really good. They do a lot of showcase gigs if you want to go and see them. Details usually on the website.

i saw the panoramics at a wedding last year...they were great!! they are doing 2 showcases this month in dublin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

Hi Guys,
    I am looking for a good quality band for our wedding in Meath Saturday 4th September 2010. I know I am leaving it late to finalise them as some people have booked nearly a year in advance! Would any band members post replys or pm me if they are available for the date above? 99% of bands we have contacted are booked on the night in question. Im pulling my hair out now getting very worried.

Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 joker1

Hi Guys,
    I am looking for a good quality band for our wedding in Meath Saturday 4th September 2010. I know I am leaving it late to finalise them as some people have booked nearly a year in advance! Would any band members post replys or pm me if they are available for the date above? 99% of bands we have contacted are booked on the night in question. Im pulling my hair out now getting very worried.

Thanks in advance

Have just PM'd you....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭bealfeirste5

Anyone have any belfast band suggestions?

Anyone have any belfast band suggestions?

The Kopy Kats are based Donegal!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance

try the Velvet Lounge Band

I watched my wedding video over the weekend and I would have to say the Velvet Lounge Band were brilliant.

It should indicate future availability on the website ( and also details of future gigs so you can check them out )

best of luck with booking a band

Dont stress ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 aoifeg

Hi,

I'm in a similar position to a previous poster - wedding is on October 1st and everyone I've called so far has been booked up.

If any good wedding bands are available on that date, PM me please.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 greatwhite

hi, hoping someone can help me here, getting married next year and while we dont have a huge budget my fiance and I want to spend it all on food and music , I had a band called "hard2touch" recommended to me by a girl in work but I cant seem to find them online (Im not great at searchin so thats not say much). Has anyone seen them play at a wedding or if someone has contact details? thanks a mill..

Advertisement