Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Music (Band, DJ, Singer) ONE POST PER BAND ONLY! Read post #1 First!

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭MagDee

you can try call Empire State. they are absolutely amazing and really rocky! The vocals are great and they're showmen!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Miss Nell

Was at a wedding at the weekend and the band that played there were The Marvels. They were fantastic, full of energy and kept the crowd going all night. Couldn't recommend them highly enough.

http://www.themarvels.ie/home.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 15 keio

Hi, same as most people on here I am looking to hire a band for a wedding next year.

The wedding will be in Kilkenny but we would ideally like something a bit diffeent from what we would be used to seeing at other weddings in the Kilkenny / Clonmel / Waterford region.

We were recommended two bands that regularly play in Kilkenny called 'Fiesta' and 'the Works' but have never heard any of these pla.

Another band which was recommended to us today was a guy called 'Brush Shiels' and his band. Now I had never heard of him although I am led to believe thay are very popular in ireland and play a great gig but am concerned as I looked at one of their set lists and it seems to be made up mainly of traditional Irish music which is not really what we are after.

I would really appreciate it if anyone on here has ever been at a wedding which any of these bands performed at or indeed if you have any alternative suggestions.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭gills2

wifeytobe wrote: »
    Hi Earmuffs,
    did you have any luck with finding a band for a young crowd...we looking for the same for our wedding in Donegal.

Cheers

http://www.thehousem8s.com/

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=8135855003

The Housem8s are really good, heard them at a function a while back and they're doing my wedding in Donegal next year. They were able to give me exactly the playlist that I wanted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

The Poorboys Wedding Band

Are great! Great fun too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Has anyone here heard of "Odd Time" or "Evolution"

They've been recommedended to me but I havent heard them yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭joeduggan

the nearer the pale that you go the dearer the price for a band. just a little pointer for people looking to book a band.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭PRman

Had a look at 5th Avenue at a showcase gig and they are decent. Classic wedding band with all the hits u'd expect. Around donkeys years apparently. Any other good bands around dublin area I can compare them with, with both male and female vocalists? 3rd party recommendations only please (way too much pimping going on in here!!!) Cheers folks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ailesbury

We are getting married in donegal in March, does anyone know of a really good in that area that will really get the crowd dancing???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ailesbury

Has anyone ever heard of these , we are thinking of booking them for our wedding?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 legend1981

hey guys. does anyone have anything to say about the irish rat pack.. i keep hearing about them as a great wedding band but i know thier prices are comming in at nearly 2500 for the night.. what are people actually paying for wedding bands now have they dropped thier prices at all? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭mikeystipey

legend1981 wrote: »
    hey guys. does anyone have anything to say about the irish rat pack.. i keep hearing about them as a great wedding band but i know thier prices are comming in at nearly 2500 for the night.. what are people actually paying for wedding bands now have they dropped thier prices at all? cheers

Getting married in November and we're paying €1700 for a band + DJ in Dublin. Looked at one or two other bands and band+DJ were generally between €1600 and €2000. I'd say haggle the Rat Pack dudes down a bit. I don't think band prices have come down that much though with the recession as there as many people getting married as ever...I stand to be corrected on this though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Burgerman55

Bridey6189 wrote: »
    Does anyone know anything about after dark? My sis wants them for her wedding but i've heard they are taking double bookings for dates and changing some of the members for the second gig so you might not actually be getting the same people you've booked?

pretty serious charge there bridey..
    anyone care to recommend or set the record straight?

yea prices dont seem to have comne down at all.. some are saying that theres 100 quid off the prices..but jeasus if i knew it was all going to cost this much id have thought twice ahaha... seem to be getting quoted anything up to 2500 which is mental considering some hotels have dropped their prices greatly and now ht eband is nearly half the price of the reception.. madness

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Dr Gradus

Pianist available for wedding reception or cermony purposes. 14 years of classical piano training. PM if interested, great rates!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭kingofslaves

Saw a good band at birthday party I DJ'ed at in Kells last night. Bit rocky, so maybe not really suitable for wedding, but if you like lots of noise and guitars then check out Gorilla Radio. They have sites at http://www.bebo.com/gorillaradiolive and http://gorillaradioband.webs.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭ro09

might be of help - You can listen to wedding bands on 2bwed.ie

had a look at that site not bad but not great..the weddings online one seems to be the best...

just throwing this out there was tralking to the other half about wedding cars today and id love to be driven in a ferrai or something along the lins of that..a fairlt new one not a vintage one..does anyone know or have they done the hole get away from the vintage car and try some thing different thank people:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Shoes&Frocks

Anyone heard of Kiff??????????

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Yoda08

KIF have excellent reviews all round.. tried to book them myself but not available for our wedding :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭justcallmemoses

Anyone know of any good wedding bands?

the price they charge?

NiteDrive - Brilliant band covering Cork , Kerry, Limerick. Heard them at several weddings and have them booked for my wedding next year. Play a great selection of music to cater for everyone. Great to get the crowd going and not too expensive either.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭the immortals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 silkwoodband

I would like to add our band to the mix.Please check out our site at www.silkwoodband.com if you have any questions not answered on the site feel free to call the silkwood hotline 0879000607

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Punchy01

Hey

Went to a wedding at the weekend and the band were AMAZING!!!!!!
    They are called 'Bloomfield Avenue' and they are performers from the west end musical 'Jersey Boys' also a girl whos a lead singer in 'Priscilla' musical.

They did everything and anything and their performance was brilliant (must be use to being in the west-end)

I asked the Bride how much they were and she said they weren't that expensive, very reasonable and were lovely to deal with.

Check them out www.bloomfieldavenueband.co.uk

I just need to have a party or get married again because I want them.

James
    hi james, was this wedding in Ireland, was just on Bloomfield avenue's website and they look great but i think they may be uk based?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

Miss Nell wrote: »
    Was at a wedding at the weekend and the band that played there were The Marvels. They were fantastic, full of energy and kept the crowd going all night. Couldn't recommend them highly enough.

http://www.themarvels.ie/home.htm

I would have to second this. I was at a cousins wedding down in Cork last month and I have to say they were one of the best bands I have ever had the pleasure of seeing at the wedding. Great showmanship and interaction with the whole room. Brillant outfits that really looked the part.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MRS.O

Does anyone know of any good church singers? Have e-mailed a few the prices are madness

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭MagDee

I am a wedding church singer and charge €250 for a full setlist with backing tracks/guitar/piano. Please check my voice samples out on www.weddingcentre.info. I'm a professional vocalist and vocal coach and also sing with the Dublin Gospel Choir and have my own gospel choir in Greystones, so plenty of experience on stage :)

€250 is a standard price, it includes working for about 4 hours on the day and also practising any new songs you would like to hear and meeting up with you prior to the venue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ultrasound

SabzK wrote: »
    Hi, Sorry im new to this and cant figure out how to start my own thread so i hope i dont cause any offence by posting here.
    Now my question is, has anyone heard of ultrasound wedding band? we were think of hiring them for our wedding but cant find a website or any refs on them. Any replies will be greatly appreciated thanks xx

Hi Sabzk,
    Web site address as follows;
    www.Ultrasoundentertainment.ie

Tks Gary

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

I have booked Ultrasound for my wedding next year. They done a few gigs in Gibneys recently and they were excellent!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jonnieb

Hi Guys,
    I have spent a while looking around for a good, funky and lively band for our wedding next june 11th. I know I am leaving it late to finalise them as some people have book nearly a year in advance! Would any band members post replys or pm me if they are available for the date above and I'll be sure to consider and view as many as I can. Your help or recommendations would be great!
    Thanks Guys :D

Advertisement