Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Music (Band, DJ, Singer) ONE POST PER BAND ONLY! Read post #1 First!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Tom Betty

Hi all,

Im new at this so forgive me if im doing it completley wrong!!:)
    Getting married and looking for a REALLY good wedding band, I have looked at Beat Club...anybody ever heard them play? (I think there based in Sandymount) Or any suggestions to any good wedding bands around the leinster area??

Thanks a mil!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭billybunty

Hi and welcome and congrats on upcoming wedding!
    I posted on here before, maybe some pages back, but we are having a band called The Scene - they are great - they play regularly in Balinteer in a bar and they are coming to us in Waterford in Sept. They played at a friends wedding about 3 yrs ago and thats where I heard them first. They have website also. Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 BBF

Hi!

My friend is getting married in Mayo next April and I am looking for recommendations for good wedding bands! Looked at Kif, Silkwood, Weightless Astronauts and Pyramid already and they were booked! :mad:
    Does anyone know if any of these are good or can suggest any other band?

Face Value,
    Restless,
    Mystique,
    New Avengers,
    Reflex,
    Fraggle Rock
    Wavelength
    The Connections
    TheWeightless Cosmonauts

Thanks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Tom Betty wrote: »
    Hi all,

Im new at this so forgive me if im doing it completley wrong!!:)
    Getting married and looking for a REALLY good wedding band, I have looked at Beat Club...anybody ever heard them play? (I think there based in Sandymount) Or any suggestions to any good wedding bands around the leinster area??

Thanks a mil!

Hi Tom Betty,

We had Vertigo play at our wedding last month. They were absolutely fantastic. They're based in North Dublin. One of the lads does DJ as well if you want that option. They were also extremely reasonable, price wise, probably because they're a 3 piece they can afford to do it a bit cheaper. I was at a wedding last week, band called Juicer I think it was played. They were also very good although they didn't really interact with the crowd a huge amount. They're a 5 piece so I think they were a good bit more expensive.

Best of luck and congrats on the engagement.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭puremule

Apologies for this blatant plug, but check out

www.epicband.info

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Heineken Helen

mazmore wrote: »
    I have priced many bands and most are quoting betweem 1100 and 1400 euro for the night. Has anyone heard of "The Gold Band"? based in cork?

I've been quoted average of 2,000 for Galway :eek: This can't be right surely????? I realise the importance of a good band... but I couldn't justify paying anywhere NEAR that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 WackyHughes

Hi all

Completely new to this, so apologies if I'm going about this wrong. Getting married next year in Cavan and just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on good bands. Would love a girl in the band, but not a necessity. Would also preferably like them to play a wide variety of music, including some up-to-date music. Also, any suggestions on photographers would be much appreciated.

Thanks a million :)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭jarain

Hi, I am looking for a good energetic rockabilly/soul wedding band. Has anybody come across one or have any recommendations. Thanks a mill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lizzylou

Hi... Getting married in 2011 and looking for a band. Going to see 'The Irish Rat Pack' on Sat night. Anybody hear of them? What you think? Any suggestions for other bands? Also is the average still around €2000 or has this changed like most otherthings since the big R?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

jarain wrote: »
    Hi, I am looking for a good energetic rockabilly/soul wedding band. Has anybody come across one or have any recommendations. Thanks a mill.

checkout Ace's wild (i think that's their name) I've seen them do rockabilly and also johnny cash covers. very good. Also checkout Beatclub (www.beatclub.ie) for their playlists as they would do a lot of 50s stuff too and a few soul covers also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 CLAREOHANLON

Hi

Anybody hear of a band called Controversial Allstars, thinking of booking these for my wedding in August 2011.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 coolusername

family guy wrote: »
    Hi again,

thanks to you guys who have responded, im just wondering again has anyone ever booked these bands

The Great escape
    the best men
    bumble bee honey

and if so how much do they charge

we are not getting married until 2011 but we want to sort our budget out from now

cheers and thanks

Family guy
    Hey there!

I am also getting married in 2011 and have started looking into music/bands now.

I sent an email to niamh@thebestmen.net and she gave me the following info:

Choose the 4-piece band for Euro 2200.00 providing 3hrs of live music
    Choose the 5-piece band for Euro 2600.00 providing 3hrs of live music
    Include the DJ service for just Eur 350.00 providing 2-hours of late music
    Upgrade your package to include the jazz duo for the afternoon drinks reception for Eur 400.00 or solo pianist for Eur 200.00

A little pricey, but hope it helps all the same....

• Registered Users Posts: 40 seanin98

Hi there,

Has anybody got any suggestions for bands in Nov of this year. Looking for something that goes beyond the typical band that plays the same set at every wedding. I hate wedding bands and wanted to go with a dj but the powers that be reckon that it could be a risk to only have a dj. Anyway, would love a band or even a couple who could play a good mix of music with an empahasis on irish material ... pogues, christy, saw doctors with a bit of good country music and recent stuff thrown in.

Dont mean to be completely negative about your wedding band but from what i,ve seen they are banging out the same set for the last ten years with sex on fire and mr brightside thrown in. Crap that is already overplayed on the radio.

Also, what the going rate at the moment for a three hour set and a dj?

Thanks
    SA

• Registered Users Posts: 40 seanin98

Sorry, but that was a general opinion on wedding bands and not directed at you (i've never even heard of you).

I just wanted to know if anyone knew of bands that offer something different than the normal wedding experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭lyndak082

anyone here ever heard of a band called golden sound?? there based in tipperary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 gomaith2010

Hey there!

I am also getting married in 2011 and have started looking into music/bands now.

I sent an email to niamh@thebestmen.net and she gave me the following info:

Choose the 4-piece band for Euro 2200.00 providing 3hrs of live music
    Choose the 5-piece band for Euro 2600.00 providing 3hrs of live music
    Include the DJ service for just Eur 350.00 providing 2-hours of late music
    Upgrade your package to include the jazz duo for the afternoon drinks reception for Eur 400.00 or solo pianist for Eur 200.00

A little pricey, but hope it helps all the same....

What about these guys, Blacktye Wedding Band..

5 piece with female and male vocals, Church, drinks reception, band and dj for 2050.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

We had a band at our wedding called Street Life. They we're brilliant and sang our requested songs. We also had a few singers up doing their party piece. Highly recommended and @ €1000 we we're delighted. I can PM you contact details if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Billy Baltic

We were on the look out for a wedding band and came across The Conquerors. I had a quick look here and was kinda surprised not to see them among the suggestions put forward to others. Is there a reason no one suggested them? Anyone have any good (or bad) reports?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 tripledaz

Having roughly 80 people at our wedding but will not need a 5 piece band. Can anyone recommend a smaller band , ie two or three piece band that is lively and will get the crowd going. Not from cork, either of us, so dont know where to start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 The Receptionists

THE RECEPTIONISTS! Showcase Night 10th June, Clontarf.

Hi Boardies!

You are invited to come experience THE RECEPTIONISTS Wedding Band!
    When: Thursday 10th June
    Where: The Clontarf Rugby Club, Castle Avenue, Clontarf, Dublin 3
    Time: 9.30pm until 11.00pm

Admission: Free

The band will be performing a selection from their set, for you to sit back and enjoy with friends and family, or get up and boogie!!

ABOUT THE RECEPTIONISTS
    Fronted by 2 of the country's most sought after female vocalists (and national music award winners), (Karla Moloney and Emma Jane Reilly) The Receptionists is a 4 piece covers band who live to get their audiences up on that dance floor!

With over 10 years musical experience, this is a fresh, exciting and energetic band have a set lists that covers the most popular genres and styles of music that suit all ages.. From Motown to Disco, Rock to Pop, 70's to today, these girls and guys will have you on your feet and letting your hair down!

So come along to the Clontarf Rugby Club this Thursday Night and pay The Receptionists a visit!
    Looking forward to seeing you there!

If you have any other enquiries (set lists, gig details, or just to check the band out!) contact us anytime on Tel: 0874163224 or email: thereceptionistsbooking@gmail.com

TheReceptionistsWeb.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Zombot

Hi all,

Just wondering does anyone know anything about a Limerick band called Touché? Have seen their website but cant find many reviews or anything.

Same goes for Millenium, a band from Cork?

Thanks

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kizzabel

Hi everyone,

we're just starting to have a think about a band for our april 2012 wedding, we are in kilkenny, any recommendations would be appreciated. we would like a cover band that can do the oldies right the way up to chart music.

ive heard that groove academy (aka music machine) are quite good. has anyone seen them?

thanks
    kiz

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shyboy

Hi All,

I am a Professional Wedding DJ with over 19 years experience. I cover the Galway, Mayo, Clare & Roscommon areas. Please feel free to contact me anytime through my website:

www.galwaydj.com

Kind Regards
    DJ Jason Shaughnessy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Maz81

Hi Guys,

Need a bit of help. I am looking for a trio to do our drinks reception in september. Anyone any ideas, Manilla Strings and Tropical Storm are booked already.
    I appreciate all suggestions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 shequeen

Can anybody recommend a string trio or quartet with or without a singer for church wedding in September in the midlands at a reasonable price please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 tammy123

It is very important to have a nice band so that to set the mood of complete ceremony and this happens to be the best.

These are very important stuffs that are the essential essence of ceremony.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Hi everyone,
    Anyone ever had the Marvels at their wedding? Any idea how much they cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 quixlar

Anyone had Jive Buddie play at their wedding?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Hi All,

We've just booked our venue and date, which is New Years Eve 2011.
    As I'd imagine NYE is a busy time for any professional band, what are we looking at for likelihood of band availability & prices?

Venue is in the midlands

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭lyndak082

we have finally booked our band!!! we booked golden sound there based in tipperary, 3piece band, dj included ....1100 euro! :D

so if anyone wants there number pm me!!

Advertisement