Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Music (Band, DJ, Singer) ONE POST PER BAND ONLY! Read post #1 First!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭fuse

Funk & Soul band Everyday People
    http://www.everydaypeople.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Gin Promotions

we do a bit of everything

The Natural Causes

http://www.thenaturalcauses.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kitbeatty

Anybody any reccomendationsfor good bands in the midlands for September 2011. Myfriend is gettign married and would like to start looking soon so that she has plenty of choice:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TippBride

Hi everyone. We used Chrysalis Event Management, they made everything very easy for. Got us a great band and everything went perfect. It really took the hassle out of finding the right band. Their no is 0505 45827

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Rightlanger

Hi has anyone seen the Boogie Band from cork? Theyr with occasions.ie and we're agonising over booking them or The Love Junkies. We dont live in Irl so cant go see them.

Any help appreciated :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭davylee

OMG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭joeduggan

eoin wrote: »
    Other things I have been told to look out for:

Make sure you are paying for a 3 hour set - some bands will charge what seems like a reasonable rate, but this only covers 2 hours. This can leave you with an hour gap between the band and the DJ, which can dampen the evening.

Check if the band will set up before the whole reception - if they do, it will mean less delay between the meal & the music. The venue may not always be able to cater for this though (the band area may be where the head table is).
    most bands will do a two hour set of good music. thyt will play a three hour but the music in the lst hour wont be as good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 itsadeathtrap

Hey guys looking for a good lively wedding band in or around the kildare area.. wedding is in Athy in July 2010.....

Any help......

cheers.....

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭puremule

Might as well plug ourselves. www.epicband.info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 amitante

Hello all,

We just got married in July and I can definitely recommend the Panoramics... they were great guys to deal with, played a great set and had the guests up dancing all night.

Check them out here and let me know if you want any specific info:

http://www.thepanoramics.com/Hello.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

anyone heard of Atomic Chicken? Are they good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 chiefwigum

Hey guys looking for a good lively wedding band in or around the kildare area.. wedding is in Athy in July 2010.....

Any help......

email. padraigdel@gmail.com

cheers.....

I'd really recommend The Glitter Bugs, you won't regret it! They look like glam rockers but their repetoire is thankfully a lot more broad. They're guaranteed to have everyone up dancing all night. Very friendly guys, don't let the costumes put you off, we nearly went with something a lot more traditional and we're so glad we didn't! People are still raving about them to us and it was two years ago!

www.jeaproductions.com

Talk to Johhny Angel (seriously) about dates, he's very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MorrisseyMc

We had Marble City Sound from KK

They were very good

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭whoami1

We had Beat Club for our wedding in June and our opinion and the opinion of everyone who attended is that it is simply not possible to praise them highly enough. If you look at the testimonials page on their website, it's all true. Our testimonial is one of the ones up there. We heard a few others, but in retrospect, we were wasting our time. These guys ROCK!!!

The church music was provided by the Dublin String Quartet and the singer was Margaret Brennan - again both very very highly recommended.

(No connection to any of these people, just a very happy customer)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gilzfoolzgold

Hi there,

I was just a bridemaid for a wedding and the band who played were brilliant!
    They're called Quantum and they play all over Ireland. Hope this helps yee!

Quantum's website:

http://www.theband.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gilzfoolzgold

Any help......

email. padraigdel@gmail.com

cheers.....
    Hey

I think Quantum would suit you..was at a wedding and they were very lively!
    They've demos and everything on the site sure have a look! Would really recommend them though!

http://www.theband.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 12 labelleshell

Was at a wedding in Tullamore a few weeks ago and these guys were fantastic. I am looking for a wedding band at the moment and was ready to book them straight away but they'll be taking their holiday at end of Aug next year so can't play at my wedding (gutted).

They were jumping down off the stage and playing in and around the guests. Great craic and were willing and able to play along when any of the guests wanted to sing. They just picked up the tune. It was such good fun. My cousin gave me the number as I couldn't find them online but I think they are based in laois.

They are 1800 for a 3 hour set (I think?) but they seemed to play longer and really enjoyed themselves. I've been at 7 weddings this year and these guys were the one's that stood out for me... so gutted they can't do my wedding :o(

PM me for more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Bridey6189

Does anyone know anything about after dark? My sis wants them for her wedding but i've heard they are taking double bookings for dates and changing some of the members for the second gig so you might not actually be getting the same people you've booked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 skerriesgirl

Hi - has any heard of / seen a band called the musicmachine - i think they were called somthing else before but not too sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jesso

Hello all,

We just got married in July and I can definitely recommend the Panoramics... they were great guys to deal with, played a great set and had the guests up dancing all night.

Check them out here and let me know if you want any specific info:
    Hi, just thought I'd chime in.... we've just launched an all new website:

www.thepanoramics.com

You can see videos of us in action, setlists, F.A.Q's, photos and more!

Thanks!

Jesse

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jamespeters

Hey

Went to a wedding at the weekend and the band were AMAZING!!!!!!
    They are called 'Bloomfield Avenue' and they are performers from the west end musical 'Jersey Boys' also a girl whos a lead singer in 'Priscilla' musical.

They did everything and anything and their performance was brilliant (must be use to being in the west-end)

I asked the Bride how much they were and she said they weren't that expensive, very reasonable and were lovely to deal with.

Check them out www.bloomfieldavenueband.co.uk

I just need to have a party or get married again because I want them.

James

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭silver campaign

Can anyone recommend a trad band that also sing, something a bit different rather than the typical abba and disco covers. A band that will play stuff like the pogues, the band, the jam etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sneem

Hello there
    I'm a first time poster, and someone can guide us on the right road.
    We are getting married in sneem-kerry nexy year and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good band for there?
    Thanks
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TonyInch

Anyone ever at a wedding with an Elvis impersonator as the entertainment?I'm a massive fan of the King and looking to organise this but I'm not sure if this will go down well with my family.They would be more interested in waltzing and irish country music!
    Do we please ourselves or the aunties and uncles?Any advice please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Shoes&Frocks

Has anyone had or heard 'Little Creatures' at a wedding?

I like them but don't know if they would be suitable for a wedding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Shoes&Frocks

Sniipe wrote: »
    anyone heard of Atomic Chicken? Are they good?

I used to work in a bar where Atomic Chicken played on a regular basis. They are excellent and always a huge hit with the crowd. They are mainly a rock band but i think will play most things.
    Always hard to get though, would want to be booking them a good while in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Ok folks,

just did a nice wedding on saturday that went down veryyyy well,,we're basically a classic rock band who can turn our style to do weddings, parties,functions etc aswell - especially if the atttendees! want more than the ol' "red road cafe" type stuff all night:( *not that we cant do that stuff aswell if asked! ;) *

,,,so if ya want a lively wedding reception and dont want to be robbed for a good band playing for you,,,give us a shout

ciao' amigos....Baggio...

www.neversaydie.info@gmail.com
    www.myspace.com/neversaydieclassicrock
    www.myspace.com/markobaggio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭NotSoDumbBlonde

Carnaby Street - they're a fantastic band for weddings - they're all seasoned musicians, the vocalist is amazing and they will cater for whatever kind of music you want really......they're based in Dublin but they do gigs all over the country!

PM me for the phone number of the guy to call - i dont want to post it in case it's deemed advertising or whatever. I've seen them at 2 weddings in the past 7 months - and I have since gone to listen to them play non-wedding gigs too!

:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wifeytobe

earmuffs08 wrote: »
    hey there,

Can anyone recommend a really good band for a young wedding reception crowd ( mostly in there late 20's) in th northwest area? our reception is in donegal, so surrounding counties would be great either.

Thanks

Earmuffs

Hi Earmuffs,
    did you have any luck with finding a band for a young crowd...we looking for the same for our wedding in Donegal.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Is late 20's not the average age for a wedding crowd? I wouldn't have thought that would be a younger crowd than usual.

Advertisement